I need Shastar Naam Mala, Chandi Di Var please!

karmjeet

I need the correct version of Chandi Di Var and Shastar Naam Mala (1st 27 pauris ) Apparently, the ones found on Gobind Sadan, Dasam Granth Online websites have errors in them. I found this out when I was comparing Giani Thakur Singh's ucharan with these websites. Does any one has these banis ? Either in a gutka form or some online resource. If someone also could scan it for me that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot :)

chandi dee vaar is in taksal sundar gutka and the beant baanian sundar gutka that you can get in sacha sauda. They also have das granthi pothis there published by SGPC (beware of spelling mistakes in these), I dont think they budha dal gutkae there.

I'm not sure what gutka would have shastar naam mala though, I dont think its part of das granthi, and I dont think they have budha dal or hazoori sundar gutkae there, nor do i think they have the beant baanian taksal gutka there.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

In the Sri Dasam Granth senchiya the shastar naam mala is approx 80 ang long. In comparison akal ustat ji is approx 24 ang long i believe. Becuase of this length as our brother said above, you wont get all of it into a gutka sahib.

The best thing would be to buy the dasam granth senchiya and the steek by pandit narayan singh ji. the taksal senchiya and in larivaar while the sgpc ones are in padh ched form. so again make your choice there.

With the ucharan you will find that different singhs in different places will read the path differently! this all depends on who their ustad was as each ustad will have taught it slightly differently. Reason is that the puratan birs have some small differences in them and as there hasn't been as much time spent on dasam granth santhia as on guru granth sahib ji santhia, the differences remain. however the taksali singhs have identified this as something to deal with in the future as and when they can. chances are that all the dasam granth experts will sit down together and come to comclusions on the correct ucharan, but dont hold your breath as this is difficult stuff!

Generally the arth or meanings will remain the same even if the ucharan itself is slightly different. In any case unless the katahvachak or granthi singh is very learned, they will simply read the line in front of them and may not remember the changes that they may have been taught themselves.

karmjeet asked:

"I wonder where is the original bir of Dasam Granth Ji that was compiled by Guru Gobind Singh ji himself. Has it been lost or destroyed or just been kept hidden ?"

Guru Gobind Singh never compiled the Dasam Granth, it was done by Bhai Mani Singh under the Hukam of Mata Sahib.

As Kam mentioned:

"The Dasam Granth we see today is based on the version kept at Patna Sahib. Other puratan versions differ in the order of the banis and the banis themselves "

gsingh wrote:

"chandi dee vaar is in taksal sundar gutka and the beant baanian sundar gutka that you can get in sacha sauda. They also have das granthi pothis there published by SGPC (beware of spelling mistakes in these), I dont think they budha dal gutkae there."

I would also add, to be aware of the Sundar Gutka published by Singh Sahib Baba Santa Singh Jathedar Buddha Dal 96 Crore, which contains several errors in its printing of the extended Chaupai Sahib (compare the version given in the morning liturgy with the that in Rehiras Sahib), the Jaap Sahib and Shastar Naam Mala.

On the subject of Shastar Naam Mala, the famous Bhai Sukha Singh of Keshgar Sahib (as opposed to Sukha Singh of Patna) has written his account of doing "Ardasa" to Guru Sahib for aid with understanding the 'arths' of this bani in his text Gurbilas P10.

• 2 weeks later...

Veerji if you're looking for Chandi Di Vaar online then you can download it from:

http://www.rajkaregakhalsa.net/downloads.htm

click on "Gurbani" and you can download in various formats lots of Bani. Also if you're looking to follow and learn it then you might want to try the Chandi Di Vaar Gurbani video which can be downloaded from:

http://www.rajkaregakhalsa.net/video.htm

click "Gurbani" then "Development".

or streamed at: