Theesra (3rd) Panth?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i agree on the third path being Sikhi only. Bhai Gurdass and Bachitar Natak both say that Guru Nanak started a Dharam, and in Uggardanti this is termed as the third.

the question then is, if Christianity judaism and Islam are all one path, then why is Sikhism distinct from the path of indian religions as these also follow the same pattern, philosophy etc? why are there 3 paths, and not two : Semetic and indian? i mean, if Sikhism is a continuation of Yug Dharam(as said by tsingh), should'n Sikhi be classified along with the 2th path?

I think when guru ji talks about tisra panth in ugardanti bani, he may be talking dharam existed around that time from geographical context or may be he is giving sambhodan(discourse) to pandits or mullahs around that time..who knows? so easy guys with loose remakrs which may imply that guru ji didnt consider western religions as panth/dharam.

can someone please explain the meaning of "jaage dharam hinduk..."

and also the part about durga, I thought it might be salutations to the force "shakti", but this context seems to be specifically durga in that form that is worshipped by hindus.

I read on sikhsangat an accusation that this was written by some durga worshipping gyani in the 18th century. What does everyone think of that?

Also have any saints and gurmukhs, eg. bhindranvale sants, bhai randhir singh ji, nanaksar sants, etc. said anything about it or quoted from it.

I think when guru ji talks about tisra panth in ugardanti bani, he may be talking dharam existed around that time from geographical context or may be he is giving sambhodan(discourse) to pandits or mullahs around that time..who knows? so easy guys with loose remakrs which may imply that guru ji didnt consider western religions as panth/dharam.

remember hinduism comes under dharmic, muslim=semetic, so if this is authentic, then it refers to dharmic, semetic and thirdly sikhi.

NO its not, thats a ridiculous statement, all devte are the daasre of Nirankaar Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj.

Bani itself says that the devte do not have naam, the very goal of sikh panth, so how can our panths roots be within the devte!

The devte do seva of Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Ji's saints.

LOL

Are you trying to be sarcastic?

Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj is eternal and was there before any of the Hindu scriptures existed. Same with all these concepts of reincarnation, karma, maya and 5 vikaars.

All the hindu scriptures did was record these concepts, which were known to Guru Nanak Dev Ji long before they were written, as he is the form of the one who created these concepts!

Infact bani itself predates the Hindu scriptures, as without the ETERNAL bani, there is no world, there is NOTHING. Bani is the fabric of EVERYTHING.

The Hindu scriptures RECORDED, I state once more RECORDED the knowledge already contained in Nirankar Bani.

btw. im not having a go at you or anything incase you took it that way.

Im just trying to combat (with my own rubbish mat) alot of false stuff going around these days

and i personally know dhan dhan mahapurshs who have talked about being circled by devte, becuase they are at such a high state.

Its not about having something "in common" with hindus, we also have many things in common with christians, eg. love for all, seva, belief in one creater God,etc.

What its about is just that there are some timeless facts, which happen to be understood/acknowledged by more than one belief system.

My view is that all religons have understood parts of Vaheguroo's hukam, and Sikhi has ALL of Vaheguroo's hukam, therefore it might look like sikhi has "taken" ideas from other religions, although this is most definetly not the case.

Finally, up and running...until this locks me out. I gotta make this one quick and then I'll get back to everyone with those pm's....yes I do take credit cards and have a webcam now :)....

Uggardanti was found appended to the patna bir. I have personally seen it in old gutka's. I suggest we abstain from using the word puratan because it indicates a definitive trend and stick to 'old' or 'puranay'...I know I sound anal, but you'll have needless debates about authenticities when those gutkay/birs could have been one offs! Amardeep, I haven't heard of it in any rehitnama's and it is considered apocryphal. We must also remember that mystifying things with 'rarities' has been a clever tactic of movements to enroll the disillusioned.

I've missed you guys. I'll be posting more...provided N30 hooks me up with some good lovin'.

my kot kot parnaam to all! Fateh and shalom

Shaheediyan veer, that word itself is not offensive if its used in the right context....the reason this word was banned because back in the time, this word was used to attack each other..there were lot of jatha wars back in the time on this forum just to avoid excessive usage of this word to further ignite name calling wars... we banned that word.

I guess anti- na ng truely feel strongly about the imposters of nihangs- n angs thats why he made that I.D. We dont beleive in full ID censorship as long as its not too offensive. However, intentions matters if at any point we feel that anti - n ang is here to cause jatha wars, doing nindya of samparda's and nihangs in general. We will at that point take action.

hope that clarifies further :D

"I am very anti-hindu, I guess thats due to loosing alot of relatives who where killed in 1984 and later by the hands of their neighbours/mobs.. I am also very anti-tradition.."

Dear Unbreakable,

I'm going off-topic, but I feel to share my thoughts on this.

I understand that the one of who feels the real pain can tell how much pain it was. I cannot understand or measure the pain that your relatives might have faced in 1984.

There are various cases in past where a person of one religion has killed another. e.g in 1984 so-called Hindus killed innocent Sikhs; and then in Punjab so-called Sikhs killed innocent hindus (during militancy). So, naturally for 1984 Sikhs are angry at so-called Hindus; and Hindus are angry at so-called Sikhs.

My point is that: We should NEVER be anti-hindu or anit-anyreligion. We should ALWAYS be anti-WrongForce.

Remember, the time when during "Guru Gobind Singh Ji" war with mugals, Sikhs were instructed to first-aid the fighting enemy of mugals. Actually at that time, we were NOT fighting Mugals, we were fighting against the force which was doing the wrong things to be society (Hindus/Sikhs).

No religion teaches to kill persons of other religion. If Sikh kill innocent Hindus, then the killing Sikh is NOT to be called a Sikh. Sameway, if Hindu kill innocent Sikhs, then the killing Hindu is NOT to be called a Hindu.

I personally do NOT like Hardcore-Hindu and Hardcore-Sikhs or any other Hardcore-Religion.

Hardcore/Katarpanthi: The one who believes that their religion is best and the other persons who follow other religion could NEVER reach WAHEGURU. They also believe that other religions are trying to finish their religion.

No religion can kill another religion. Basically, we ALL came from One Same GOD.

If I said anything which hurts you, then I'm sorry for that.

Thanks

If the question is: Who is the Saviour (person) in KaliYug?

Then answer is: GOD, and GOD is Guru Nanak in Kaliyug.

ਕਲਿਜੁਗਿ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਣੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰੁ ਅੰਗਦੁ ਅਮਰੁ ਕਹਾਇਓ ॥

कलिजुगि प्रमाणु नानक गुरु अंगदु अमरु कहाइओ ॥

Kalijug parmāṇ Nānak gur angaḏ amar kahā­i­o.

In the Iron Age, the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, You are known and accepted as Guru Nanak, Guru Angad and Guru Amar Das.

If the question is: Who is the Saviour (other than person) in Kaliyug?

Then the answer is: Naam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ਸਤਜੁਗਿ ਸਤੁ ਤੇਤਾ ਜਗੀ ਦੁਆਪਰਿ ਪੂਜਾਚਾਰ ॥

सतजुगि सतु तेता जगी दुआपरि पूजाचार ॥

Saṯjug saṯ ṯėṯā jagī ḏu­āpar pūjācẖār.

In the Golden Age of Sat Yuga, was Truth; in the Silver Age of Trayta Yuga, charitable feasts; in the Brass Age of Dwaapar Yuga, there was worship.

ਤੀਨੌ ਜੁਗ ਤੀਨੌ ਦਿੜੇ ਕਲਿ ਕੇਵਲ ਨਾਮ ਅਧਾਰ ॥੧॥

तीनौ जुग तीनौ दिड़े कलि केवल नाम अधार ॥१॥

Ŧīnou jug ṯīnou ḏiṛė kal kėval nām aḏẖār. ||1||

In those three ages, people held to these three ways. But in the Iron Age of Kali Yuga, the Name of the Lord is your only Support. ||1||

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ਨਾਮਿ ਰਤਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਕਲਿਜੁਗ ਬੋਹਿਥੁ ਹੋਇ ॥

नामि रता सतिगुरू है कलिजुग बोहिथु होइ ॥

Nām raṯā saṯgurū hai kalijug bohith ho­ė.

The True Guru is imbued with the Naam, the Name of the Lord; He is the boat in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga.

ਕਲ ਮੈ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਨਾਮ ਤੇ ਪਾਵਤ ਗੁਰੁ ਯਹ ਭੇਦੁ ਬਤਾਵੈ ॥

कल मै मुकति नाम ते पावत गुरु यह भेदु बतावै ॥

Kal mai mukaṯ nām ṯė pāvaṯ gur yeh bẖėḏ baṯāvai.

In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, liberation comes from the Naam. The Guru has revealed this secret.

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਬੋਹਿਥੁ ਹੈ ਕਲਜੁਗਿ ਖੇਵਟੁ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦਿ ਤਰਹੁ ॥੧॥

हरि हरि नामु बोहिथु है कलजुगि खेवटु गुर सबदि तरहु ॥१॥

Har har nām bohith hai kaljug kẖėvat gur sabaḏ ṯarahu. ||1||

The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the boat in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga; the Word of the Guru's Shabad is the boatman to ferry us across. ||1||