Theesra (3rd) Panth?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbreakable, Kalki-Avtar is not coming to teach Bhagti, give Naam etc. His job is jang. Not only Hindus believe in Kalki Avtar - Dasam Granth Sahib Ji tells us about Kalki and Mir Mehdi, and that they fall to haumai as well! So how can they 'save' others?

Das' post makes it all clear.

You can download PDF versions here: http://www.gobindsadan.org/dasamgranth/translations/

It might be impractical for your parents to bring Pothian with them, but I'm sure the main bookshops in Amritsar will be able to help, or from Mehta (Damdaami Taksal), or the Budha Dal.

BTW, while it's good to study Bani on your own, you really need an Ustad to get an in-depth explanation. You can get Santhiya of Guru Granth Sahib Ji first, then Dasam Granth Ji in the UK. Contact the sewadars at damdamitaksaal.org.

Problem for me is to find a Ustad or Gurdev who has no alegence towards any organisation.

Why does their allegiance bother you? If you're in the UK, you're lucky that there a few 'old-school' Taksalis who can teach you shudh paath and also the inner-meanings.

The English translations on, say, sikhi-to-the-max, are sometimes wrong. Take the Tuk posted earlier on another thread from Bhatta de Swaiyye (Ang 1390) - the translation says that Krisna etc were earlier Avtaars of Guru Ji, but the actual meaning is something else.

unbreakable ji:

i bought the Dasam Granth translation in Amritsar at a sikh book store just outside the complex of Harmander Sahib. the bookshop is infront of the stairs that takes you down to the room where you hand in your shoes... the Dasam Granth is in 3 volumes, and costed 3200 rupees in total.... i also bought the charitro pakhyan translation at that store which was abot 800 hundred rupees in total. these were seperate books as Surinder Singh kohli did not belive these to be Gurbani, and therefor did not translate it.

btw. even though its just a translation of Dasam Granth, the pages still contain the original gurmukhi and transliteration writings.... since it contains the gurmukhi letters, does it mean i have to regard the 3-5 volumes as Holy Scriptures and do parkash etc of them, or can i "just" put them on my book shell(as i have dont uptill now)

• 4 weeks later...

"People associated with certain organisations tend to have their own versions of what they deem to be the "right" translations.

If you can recommend somebody or a place, please let me know."

If you want to find truth, you're eventually going to end up seeking answers from the people associated with certain organisations. assuming here you are referring to sampradhas and jathas? As Gurbani tells us repeatedly to do seva and sangat with the sants. unless of course, you find a sant who is not part of a sampradha, such as Baba Seva Singh ji. Either way, the vast majority of pracharaks are associated with some school or other.