Brahm kavach

sorry for the slight error guys - pretty misleading.

Unbreakable i went to slep and was therefore unable to reply.

I havent made any comments regarding yognis etc so cannot clarify. This is also the first time I have heard Brahm Kavach being discussed in relation to black magic, havent heard it before.

When we read with full prem and concentration, in japji sahib you read lines about indra and other devtas singing the praise of god, saying the name of the devtas is an almost invocation of them, imagine an illustrated japji sahib, what would it look like and what effect would it have on the mind. Undoubtedly you are worshipping Parmeshar and Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, which the devtas themselves are doing. But yet you still have that imagery. Also we sing about devtas meditating on God as it encourages us to meditate on god.

Similary when we talk of of bania related to jung judh, the mental imagery of what is being described is created when reading bania, and at is a form of invocation. It doesnt mean we worship anything other parmeshar, which people often think it does and therefore reject such theories.

This is nothing seperate than worshipping parmeshar, it is praise of parmeshar game and parmesher creation. Praise whatever aspect of creation you feel with benefit you, give you must anand, is needed at the particular time etc.

This shabad http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=4151 invokes feelings of mast prem (for me anyway. Read it over and over and over and over again and see how you feel. I would feel like walking around mast all in the love of god.

The imagery created by verses describing the devtas all praising one god, give a feeling of being in dargah.

likewise the Brahm kavach speaks about a warriors relationship with his weapons, invokes a feeling that you are protecting with the armour of god. Therefore, it is understandable why its an important bani for warriors.

Hope that made some sensse. Thats what I believe, the rest god know.

thanks malwe da sher for those very nice posts. I do agree with everything you said here. I just disagree with the comment by golestan. Naam Simran alone is the most powerful thing and is what gives all protection needed. Though yes, offcourse mahraj has revealed such loving bania with no words to describe how they can affect youre mind, all emotions eventually leading to the desire to jap naam.

and Maha Kharag Singh, develop some love in your heart.

JAPO TA EKO NAMA AVAR NEHEIFAL KAMA (in regards to worshiping devte)

• 3 months later...
  • 10 years later...
On 4/6/2008 at 9:29 PM, golestan said:

Hi Golestan,

Nice information , can you please give more information about the different Gutkas you have mentioned in your post , where can we get the copies of these gutkas.

Thanks ...

On 4/6/2008 at 9:29 PM, golestan said:

Be Nam-e Khodavand

There is no need to thank me N3O. As Imam Ali (as) said, knowledge is to be shared.

kinds regards

Bahadur Ali Shah

Imam_Raza_AS_by_EliaDesign.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2008 at 2:48 PM, amardeep said:

who says that this bola is'nt a praise of the Lord?

I believe it is, We are praising the Ad Shakti of Waheguru. We are praising the Roop of the sword/Bhaugauti...my belief.  We all understand according to our own karmas and simran and spiritual stage. Im sure as I mediate more on this, my own views will change over time, as when you mediate on any Bani/Boli coming from the Guru's mouth....you are transforming yourself. New and deeper meanings come to you and settle in your head. Gaining GIAN is an on-going process...

• 9 months later...
On 4/22/2008 at 6:35 AM, 1santkhalsa said:

if you read braham kavach it tells you what you will get by repeating it and NOWHERE does it mention protection against black magic - golestan and his black magic myths....

it does mention that reading this baani invokes courage and bir ras in the warrior, wisdom in the sage, and stability in the householder

It does protect against black magic and bad spirits. Each and every bani in Sahib Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Dasam Granth Sahib , Sarbhloh Granth and other Granths have a special significance. However, the significance of a particular bani can be known only to the person who has attained Brahmvidya or has apar Kirpa of Guru Sahib

Bhul Chuk Maaf Ji !

Waheguruji Ka Khalsa, Waheguruji ke Fateh

• 8 months later...

My perception and feeling on reciting bani either it’s Milo Mantra, Gurmantra or other banis your soul and inner sitting God will guide you the best. Every person is on different vibration or say awastha so one cannot say what is powerful for others. Gurbani ta sachkhand to ayi hai ehne sanu khud othe hi lai jana jithe sanu pahuchan di lor hai. 

Sadi awastha da saal gyan sanu v nahi but if we really want to reach our destination and know where to go then just do ardas. Your inner self will guide you , fo the bani which resonates with your inner being , escalated you and u feel ascended in that light of God. You feel that unconditional love of God. That’s all you need to invoke within you. Karta sabh Koch jaanda. Leave it to him and just do the jaap which gives you what you want do not compare what other are doing n getting. Everyone is on different soul journey and has come to fulfill different goals. 

Gurbani satgur di kirpa nal hi jap hundi., 

na japji saukhi na jaap eh ta kirpa naal hundi araaadh.

these are utmost powerful banis.

waheguru naal milaap chahida ke power chahidi a eh pehla apne aap to pehla pata Lao Rasta apne aap mil nu ga.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/22/2008 at 2:51 PM, Malwe Da Sher said:

Silence,

it is not about what mantr is more powerful etc etc, and yes mul mantr is different from gurmant - one is called mul mantr and one is called gurmantr. The objective of a mantr is to envoke a state of mind, jao of mul mantr and jap of bij mantr and jap of gurmantr all lead to the same direction but yet have different effects on our mind. This is what most mahapursh say and those who have performed deep penance of these mantrs, maybe they just werent at your avastha.

Banis have specific purpose, i.e. sukhmani sahib give peace, should we not read sukhmani sahib and just do simran instead; doesnt seem to be anything wrong with this in theory. However, it begs the question as to why maharaj wrote sukhmani sahib. Sukhmani sahib provides one peace which provides a stable and peaceful state of mind for one to do simran.

Similarly many bania are written for Dharam Yudh- this message resonaates through dasam bani. Reading jung judh bania provide a state of mind where one can fight war both internally and externally. Furthermore, it creates an inner environment (like sukhmani sahib), some people may prefare doing their simran in this state of mind.

Saying to nihang singhs to forget about these bani is like saying to the sants not to do japp of sukhmani sahib which pretty much every sants extensively does. (this is of course an extreme example but nonetheless puts across the point).

Gurbani encourages us to jap nam and assists us in our day to day living, if you are complete and perfect in every single way then by all means disregards the the great bania of our Gurus and carry on with you life. But your advice doesnt help others who are not at your 'level' and infact causes confusion.

Unbreakable, hope thats more helpful.

Gurfateh

Absolutely correct jee!!

Everyone's not at at the same Aatmak state... So never judge anyone on why he does this or why he doesn't... 

BTW, Guru Saheb says--

ਬਾਦੁ ਬਿਬਾਦੁ ਕਾਹੂ ਸਿਉ ਨ ਕੀਜੈ ॥

ਰਸਨਾ ਰਾਮ ਰਸਾਇਨੁ ਪੀਜੈ ॥੨॥

Guru Sahib Mehr krn. 

Waheguru jee ka Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

• 10 months later...
On 4/21/2008 at 6:40 PM, karmjeet said:

My question is which shabad or mantar is a Brahm Kavach ? Can you guys enlighten me ?

part of Gurbilas Patshahi 10, written by Sathguroo Hargobind Singh Jee.
ਖੜਗ ਖੰਡਾ ਅਸੀ ਅਰਿਗਰ ਧਰਮ ਰੱਚ ਤੱਗ ਛਤ੍ਰੀ ॥

Kharag, Khanda, Asi, Arighar, Dharam Rach, Tag Chatri 

You are the twelve fist long double edge sword, ten fist long khanda representing Mahakal, double handed sword, Enemy of the Throat, guardian of Dharam, caste string of a Kshatriya, meaning sword belt

ਬਿਸ਼੍ਵ ਪਾਲ ਭੂਪਾਲ ਪੱਛ ਪਲ ਭੱਛ ਰਣ ਕੱਛ ਅੱਤ੍ਰੀ ॥

Bishva paal, Bhupaal pachh, Pal Pacch, Rann Kacch, Atrri.

You are the, Nurturer of the world, Devour of Kings, Devour of time, Preserver of honour on the battlefield, weapon adorning warrior

ਰਾਜ ਮੰਡਾ ਅਤਿ ਪ੍ਰਚੰਡਾ ਈਸ੍ਵਰੀ ਕਰਵਾਰ ਹੈ ॥

Raj Manda, At Parchanda, Isvari Karvar hai

You are the adorner of kingdoms, Extremely fierce, Sword of Shiv Ji

ਸ਼ਕਤਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਿਮੀ ਬੈਸ਼ਨਵੀ ਭਵਾਨੀ ਤੂੰ ਤਰਵਾਰ ਹੈ ॥

Shakti, Brahmani, Baishnavi, Bhavani, toon Tarvaar hai

You are Parbati, the wife of Shivji, Saraswati, wife of Barhma, Laxmi, wife of Vishnu, fierce form of Parbati, 

ਨਿਤ ਜਿਯੋਤੀ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਦਾਇਕ ਧਾਰਾਧਾਰ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਨ ਹੈ ॥

Nit Jeyoti, Mukht Daeik, Dhaaraadhaar, Kirpan hai

You are the the eternal flame granter of salvation, Sharp edged sword the merciless sword

ਚੰਡਕਾ ਮੰਡਕਾ ਮ੍ਰਿਤਕਾ ਜਗਤ ਜਨਨੀ ਕਾਲਕਾ ਗੁਨਖਾਨਿ ਹੈ ॥

Chandka, Mandkaa, Mritkaa, Jagat Janani, Kalika, Gunkhaan hai 

You are angry eight armed warrior goddess Chandi beautifully adorned Chandi

mother of the Earth mother of the world, dark form of chandi, treasure mine of virtue

ਭਵ ਮਾਨਕਾ ਖਲ ਹਾਂਨ ਕਾ ਰੱਤ ਪਾਲਕਾ ਜਗ ਮਾਨ ਹੈ ॥

Bhav Mankaa, Khal Hankaa, Rat Pankaa, Jag Man hai 

You are the good virtue to the world defeater of evil ones, drinker of blood, pride of the world

ਇਹ ਕਵਚਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਕੋ ਬਤੀਸਾ ਪਢੈ ਜੋ ਨਿਤ ਛੱਤ੍ਰੀ ॥

ehai kavicha brahma ko batisaa paddai jo nita chatari      

That Kshaytria (warrior) who reads this Kavach of Brahma of 32 (praises) daily

ਰਣ ਜੀਤ ਲੈਹ ਨਿਰਭੀਤ ਰਹਿ ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਪਾਵੈ ਅੱਤ੍ਰੀ ॥

rann jeet laih nirbeet rahi ridh sidh paavai aatri

(He) will attain victory on the battlefield, remain fearless, and attain Ridhi Sidhi (yogic spiritual powers)

ਲਹਿ ਬੇਦ ਭੇਦ ਜੋ ਪਢੈ ਬਿਪ੍ਰਬੈਸਯ ਧੰਨ ਸੁਖ ਸੰਪਤਾ ॥

lahi beyd bheyd jo paddai biprabheisy dan sokh sanpataa

A Brahmin who reads this will know the secret of the Vedas, and a Vaish who reads with will attain comfort of wealth and family.

ਧਨ ਧਾਮ ਤਨ ਅਰੋਗ ਸੂਦਰ ਪਾਇ ਸੁਖ ਅਕੰਪਤਾ ॥

dhan dhaam tan arog soodar paae sokh aknptaa 

Wealth, home, and a body without ailments [all] of beautiful unswerving comfort [is attained through contemplating this mantra].

• 4 months later...