lord shiva and god

mom is hindu dad id sikh, so duznt that make you a hindu/sikh or a sikh/hindu?

where duz the panjabi come into it? your mother tongue ?

in that case you should call yourself a hindu/sikh/panjabi OR sikh/hindu/panjabi .

unless you belong to the Bhagat Ravidas Ji community , who call misleadingly themselves hindu panjabis...

Sorry giuys, please forgive, i honestly didnt mean to cause unrest or cause offence. The reason why i ask is that my father does his pooja every day, Nitnem. My mother keeps her fasts and i got confused which path to take. I have been to gurdwaras and have found immense peace. I went to a mandir and the padits there had immense respect for the sikh religion. within the religion, i asked my mother, grand mother, uncles 'who do you worship' some one says shive, some one says kali, some one says laxmi. I asked my father and he said we all worship one god, waheguru. i think my moms side is really confused on who to worship.

I spoke to my father, who stated that when we do naam simran, we can do it anywhere and everywhere. He said that a murti of shiva, shivalingam is a mere idol which people look ata as god, but realistically, it isnt. by having a muerti beside you, it cant save you from death, naam simran can. he also said that if your house gets blown away or if you have a Tsunami, your murti's get washed away, but with naam, as its enshrined in your heart, it stays with you wherever you go.

I am sorry again for causing any dishearment. Again, thank you all.

Thats great!

Nayan, When guru maharaj came to this world, he was sent to spread the message of rightouseness, love, peace and abouve all truth. 'Back in the day' aswell as the mughals doing evil, people were getting involved in animal sacrifices, using kala ilm for the wrong reasons and people started to mis-use their bhagti, fir material things. the element of 'God' has been forgotten. And im not at all sayuing that the devtas are bad to worship. The devta's and devi's took sikhya from the guru's and shiva bhagwan bowed to guru nanak dev ji. Maa Parvati touched the feet of guru gobind singh ji when he started the khalsa, then guru gobind sing ji bowed to god.

Be careful when you speak to pandits, from my experience, they will say that sikhism is a part of hinduism, it isnt in any way. Guru Gobind singh ji wrote verses like chandi charitra, chandi di vaar to remind sings tyo have courage and and bravery like the devi and devtas. A lot of pandits try and mis-lead people.

There is only one god and one god only, stick by what your heart says.

god bless

mit

• 1 year later...

dear Nayan

please dont listen to these ignorant people. from what I have read from a Holy Person you can continue to do Shiva Puja and also read Gurbani/Naam Japa.

You are right that Naam Japa can be done anywhere. you can see Puja as a blessed duty also. so you can do both.

never take advice from others, only from Holy People or Holy Texts. Do not accept other peoples 'interpretations'.

so Nayan should not accept your interpretation that it is ok to do both?

you have posted a confusing statement saying that everyone interprets how they say fit, and not to trust them, but you have done exactly the same. just how you have read from a holy person about both being ok, we have read that its not ok. Not that its wrong either and that the police will round, but Gurmat is always telling us not to get stuck in false or worthless worship. Throughout Gurbani and Guru-Kaal, it has been repaeted that Waheguru ony is worthy of worship, not the illusion/maya that hehas created.

are you a sikh or a hindu?

• 1 month later...

ok, ill put it a ittle clearer. you say dont accept anybodys interpretation, but you wish Nayan to accept your interpretation that its ok to do both.

I suggest that you read Sikh history pertaining to idol-worship(6th Guru and 10th Guru) and alsoread what Aad Guru tells us about idol worship. But by being a sikh, i guess ou will know.

you appear to have misinterpreted my reticence as some sort of invitation for advice from you. actually it was this kind of attitude (seeing things that arent there- probably so you can give a predetermined response) that i was refering to when i called you confused. if you listened to me at all (which was only a few sentences) you would understand that i am not interested in your advice.

now let me put it a little clearer for you. its not my 'interpretation' that Nayan can do both.

Bhagat Dhanna Ji found god worshiping a rock. It all depends on whats in your heart and what your intentions are. God knows us inside and out so there is no point in being clever. But if one wishes to join the khalsa than there are certain rules of rehit they are required to follow. One is not to worship idols.

but in the end we all know what dashmesh pita ji has said.

only those who have loved have attained god.

EXACTLY! THANK YOU! now thats a post

people think they can intellectualise god as a concept and then go out and lecture others on things they havent even realised for themselves.

understanding god conceptually, can you even call that understanding?

first pauri of 'Japu', a hundred thousand clever thoughts and not a single one will go with you.

Bhagat Dhanna Ji found god worshiping a rock. It all depends on whats in your heart and what your intentions are. God knows us inside and out so there is no point in being clever. But if one wishes to join the khalsa than there are certain rules of rehit they are required to follow. One is not to worship idols.

but in the end we all know what dashmesh pita ji has said.

only those who have loved have attained god.

you are right regarding this Khatha, but there is more to it. Dhanna Ji Prayed and said, 'Until Maharaj Doesnt do darshan, then i will not eat'. After that, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji appeared at Dhanna Ji's house and said 'I dont reside in stones, but as you have so much faith, and affection towards me, I have bless you, and Maharaj Ji Shared Parshaad with Dhanna Ji.

Light

Mit

Thanks Chatanga for another useless post. keep attacking others if it makes you feel better, i mean theres nothing else in your post.

your mere interpretation of Gurbani is not the 'wisdom' of Gurbani. sorry if you think it is.

i havent ideologised Gurbani and gone around lecturing people. you people self righteously telling someone who is half hindu to drop their pooja, but what do you know? you're not in a position to give people instructions.

lets just compare you attitude to that of deepsingh on this thread... says it all really.

thanks Mit for the AKJ edited version of the story...

basically that he worshipped God in the form of a stone with true sincerity. he felt grieved when it appeared that God didnt accept his offering, and then the stone came alive and in this way God accepted his offering (ate the parshad he offered to Him). the point is basically about the purity of Bhagat Dhana's heart.