Confused

mit

very well put Maha Kharag Singh. Yours, i came here because i was stuck and didnt know how to react. Reading your post, im not going to go on the defensive and say that i was right in what i did. You are right, but again, at the time of the situation i suppose my ego got the better of me. Next time, if that is, i have the same situation again, i will simply put my head down and walk away. Thanks again.

You heard the same things at a Sikh Society meeting?

As regards taking Amrit - every Guru (Sikh or otherwise) has an initation where the initiate pledges his/her dedication to the path and becomes a sikh of that guru. So, in a way , it is correct to say we become Sikhs of Guru Sahib once we give our heads and receive Amrit.

The thing about prayers is ridiculous - I'd be very surprised if anyone at a Sikhsociety event, BOSS or otherwise, said this to you.

You don't know the half of it. From some of the events and sikh societies I have been to, some of the stuff they are trying to push is pretty extreme, I was just too young to notice before.

no I think they r trying to push their own views. A friend of mind is telling me a lot of BOSS and sikh society peoples r AKJs.

Her friend went to a BOSS camp and was new to sikhi, she got scared of the kirtan they were doing, the boppin jumpy type.

• 3 weeks later...