sex

Koka Shastra is a granth based on the Kama Sutra. From my understanding, whereas the later is a treatise on the whole man/woman relationship in society the Koka Shastra has dispensed with the ethics and ideals and deals strictly with technical love-making and how both sexes can provide pleasure for each other.

All these books come under the heading of Kama Shastra, and include the Ananga Ranga and Ratirahasya as well.

Modern translations are available including western authored simplified versions that only deal with sex postions, kissing etc.

I Highly recommend people dispense with their shyness and inhibitions and read these books if only to enhance their relationships.

Happy Love-Making (whether by the front door back door!!!) LOL

Thank you so much for your kind help. The Koka Shastra is mentionned by Guru Gobind Singh in one of his bani. He says that God is manifest in the Ved and in the Koka Shastra. This maybe the reason why there are no explicit rules about sex in gurbani because they are already explained in that text. Are there any links to an online text ? I will flick through the Koka Shastra to see if it allows anal sex then.

Thank you so much :oops:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koka Shastra is a granth based on the Kama Sutra. From my understanding, whereas the later is a treatise on the whole man/woman relationship in society the Koka Shastra has dispensed with the ethics and ideals and deals strictly with technical love-making and how both sexes can provide pleasure for each other.

All these books come under the heading of Kama Shastra, and include the Ananga Ranga and Ratirahasya as well.

Modern translations are available including western authored simplified versions that only deal with sex postions, kissing etc.

I Highly recommend people dispense with their shyness and inhibitions and read these books if only to enhance their relationships.

Happy Love-Making (whether by the front door back door!!!) LOL

Your Guru Sahib does not provide for you completley? You must go to other places?

No, Guru Sahib is POORA

so let me break it down for you

if its not from your Guru its maya :)

ask guru ji why we don't like maya.

Your Guru Sahib does not provide for you completley? You must go to other places?

No, Guru Sahib is POORA

so let me break it down for you

if its not from your Guru its maya

ask guru ji why we don't like maya.

I don't have a problem with Guru Granth Sahib being poora. This is precisely why I asked for a passage from gurbani about anal sex (allowed or forbidden?). Until now nobody has provided me with a single line about the issue. Gurbani is complete and does give advice on everything so what I did was just to apply Ja ka hirada sudh hai khoj sabad men leh. It so happens that Guru Gobind Singh makes a reference to the Koka Shastras as a reference to sexuality as in "for these issues look in there". Now it so happens that the Koka Shastra allows anal sex.

The only issue I have is the fact that it's a Hindu text.

• 2 weeks later...

Eternal Sunset

here my opinion why its wrong.

GUru has repeatedly told you to refrain from kam.

(unfortunatly you have not understood that yet...even though claiming you have read all of sggs)

the onli reason you are doing it is for Reproduction.

In my opinion, you seem like you really want to commit such a act that you are doing anythinbg possible to convince youself that its cool to do it.

Gurbani doesnt pin point at every exact thing but im sure bani has written everything and anything you will ever need throughout this journey. and when i say bani i mean GURU GRANTH SAHIB plus panj bania.

There might be issues relating to personal hygiene .

It could be forceful , uncomfortabe or painful.

It might violate the natural principle/ symbolism of the union of the yoni and the lingam .

There could be health related problems as well associated with it.

just my opinion

I do not know of any onlinie versions of Koka Shastra but you can buy copy through Amazon, or just try your local library: they should be able to get hold of a copy through their network.

To those guys -and girls who say that Gurus were against kam, I have a question: How on earth do you gain an erection without any form of lust in your mind to arouse you....even if just 'procreating'? For the girls , would lack of kam/lust not make love-making painful or just plain uncomfortable? Maybe you people can lie back and think of England...or Panjab!! But for me (and many other chardi-kala Singhs and Singhnian) we need lust for when we make our Khalsa Fauj.

When choosing your Bibian to get married , if you didn't look at their beauty and the pleasures you both could have together(ie use kaam) did you base your choice on caste, their wealth, family background etc?

I'm not trying to be critical or sarcastic but just trying to understand the puritanical mind of some of our fellows.

Jattboot, when sikhs reach a certain avastha, they no longer serve kaam, but when needed kaam would serve them. I've heard that there are those who during intercourse will be japping naam and will not be separated from that. Similar to how anger is different for the spiritual minded Gursikhs (they have bir russ which is completely different), I think kaam also is somewhat different in flavour and is more an expression of love than the lower expression of lust.

I do not know of any onlinie versions of Koka Shastra but you can buy copy through Amazon, or just try your local library: they should be able to get hold of a copy through their network.To those guys -and girls who say that Gurus were against kam, I have a question: How on earth do you gain an erection without any form of lust in your mind to arouse you....even if just 'procreating'? For the girls , would lack of kam/lust not make love-making painful or just plain uncomfortable? Maybe you people can lie back and think of England...or Panjab!! But for me (and many other chardi-kala Singhs and Singhnian) we need lust for when we make our Khalsa Fauj.When choosing your Bibian to get married , if you didn't look at their beauty and the pleasures you both could have together(ie use kaam) did you base your choice on caste, their wealth, family background etc?

I'm not trying to be critical or sarcastic but just trying to understand the puritanical mind of some of our fellows.

bro.

understand bani.

Who cares what people say. (btwi dont think any1 said guru ji was against lust.)

bani says man jitay jagjeet( jap ji sahib) control ur mind, control the world. So control the 5 evils (which includes lust if u didnt know already) from my understanding, u cant completly get ride of these 5 evils for good, but u can control them....THATS UR GOAL. so don't worry, sikhi was never against having kids like u think (since that is what ur goal is). but when u wanna go as far as what Eternal Sunset trys to convince himself about, thats not controling.

raise a family, live truthfuly and teach every1 around u(including the family) to live truthfully.