Questions for Baba Jagjit Singh ji Harkhowal

Xylitol

• 6 months later...

As kam veer suggested on another thread that sant jagjit singh ji is in UK for five weeks and he might be coming to Canada. Please fire away any questions that you may have for him. Just like last time, I should be able to ask him questions. Before sangat post any questions, just make sure you go through this thread and go through this link: http://www.sikhawareness.com//index.php?showtopic=9824. Chances might be question might be already answered. If they are not there, please post them here.

Here are some of the questions from member peeps2006 from another thread, i ll probably ask him in private:

Private questions- set 1

//

What are Sant Ji's views on true love and marriage; Anand Karaj?

-What are Sant Ji's beliefs about the inclusion of homosexuals in Sikhi and the treatment of homosexuals by other religions and religious persons?

-Is being homosexual and Sikh a contradictive impossibility, where the only difference from a heterosexual Sikh is the gender preference? Should productive and contributive homosexual Sikhs be acknowledged along with their heterosexual counterparts in our community?

-Is it possible for gay marriage to exist in the Sikh faith? As heterosexual unions occur in order to master/control lust (kaam) with Anand Karaj, could this be equal to homosexual unions?

-Can two homosexual partners raise an adopted child (or children) and still be considered as living the reccomended Sikh family lifestyle? //

Since we are at it, I do want to very careful when i ask these questions to avoid any offence, so what you call homesexual/gay/lesbian in punjabi? cant find a right translated word for it, khusaraie came in mind but does not fit definition of gays or lesbians, they are transvestite or 3rd gender/have both sexual organs naturally. Any punjabi pendu here? lol...and don't even start with word **du, its quite vulgar and insulting.. i m not using that word to ask an question to sant ji about gays and lesbians...lol.

"Since we are at it, I do want to very careful when i ask these questions to avoid any offence, so what you call homesexual/gay/lesbian in punjabi?"

Just wanted to point out N30, in future, you may want to use your words a little more carefully, especially considering the context of your post...lol.

Shame about Sant Ji, I was looking forward to having their darshan...

Edited by shaheediyan

Bad news today i just heard that Sant Ji have decided to go back to india on monday due to the impending Gurpurb of The Avtar of Guru nanak Dev Ji.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Any idea when Sant Ji will be back in the UK?

Regards,

K.

Just heard from a Singh Veer (via text) that Baba Ji is doing Katha in Derby tomorrow at Guru Arjan Dev Ji Gurudwara at 7pm.

Address:

Guru Arjan Dev Gurdwara

1 Stanhop Street, Derby, DE23 6QJ.

TEL: 01332 776 872 / 01332 767 787

Please confirm with the Gurdwara before you go to corroborate what I have been told - Kam or anyone else do you know about this?

I've also heard Baba Ji are scheduled to Katha at Sedgly Street Gurudwara in Wolverhampton on Sunday. No times yet but I'll let you know tomorrow.

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Thanks Neo but the two following ones are missing from there as well:

Here is the 6th audio segment of discussion with baba ji:

Questions

- is there any difference between advait vedant and gurmat? some people say advait vedant is against prema bhagti towards vahiguroo because its upasana of one atma. Is Aham Bhramasami maha vak according to gurmat? any gurbani reference support this school of thought?

- If other dharamis, person can get to bedah mukht avastha or get to sachkhand, what was point of sri guru nanak dev ji bringing gursikhi and forming khalsa panth tisra panth?

- Various avtars existed before in pichale yugs ie- vasudev, ram chandar ji, krishan maharaj, sri guru nanak dev ji was pargat in kalyug. If gurbani accepts all the previous avtars and their panth being valid, therefore any premi who follows their mat fully can get mukhti doesnt this make sikhi snatan dharam like shaivism instead of tisra panth? what is it mean when sri guru gobind singh ji himself said in bachitar natak. Sri Akaal Purkh sent me to this world to create the panth?

- Gurbani existed before Guru Nanak, that means Gurmukhs existed before Guru Nanak, they are not his creation. Does that mean Sikhi gurmat marg is another samparda like Shaivism? and continuation of Sanathan Dharama (Eternal law from beginning)?

- Usually in sakhiya there is a sakhi of baba sri chand maharaj/Lakhmi Chand did not listen to sri guru nanak dev ji patsah hakums? and still got bhramgyan, does that mean bhramgyan is attainable outside sri guru nanak dev ji sikhi marg?

- When this jev get darshan of sargun guru maharaj saroop, after the darshan does that mean they get bedah mukht avastha?

- - can sikhs listen to sufi qwali which are sung in memory of allah or murshids?

- - The benefit (or not) of Akhand Paath culture - where 99% of those who pay for them to be done, turn up to to the start and the bhog, and think they will in someway be blessed. Does baba Ji feel that Sehaj Paath or Sudhaaran Paath is more beneifical to the parvaar and sangat as they can actually sit down and listen to it all?

- Can we do sargun dhiyan of sri guru nanak dev ji saroop? some people call this as baut pooja?

Here are the answers:

Right click and save target as:

http://www.gurmarag.net/SikhAwareness/Audio/discussion with sant jagjit singh ji part 6.mp3

Here is the last part of discussions with sant jagjit singh ji..

questions:

- some people think when this jev get bedah mukht avastha or merge with

vahiguroo even then atma of this jev have some kind of paichaan?

- in gurbani there are bachans of how this sansar is mithiya but also

there are bachans of bhram eveywhere in this sansar.

- many sant bhramgyanis in past realse their body via smadhi, some

extreme pain or agony...can we distinguish them saying one had parlabdh

karam and another didnt had pralabdh karam?

-how does four khands related to avastha of this jev?

- concept of dasvand?

- Deep vichaar on haumai, it's relationship with mun (inc panj chor)

and atma, methods to reduce it etc...

- To do vichaar on Raagmala.

- In japji sahib there is bachan of maharaj that there are countless

khaniya but sri dasam granth sahib talks about four types of khaaniya?

- vichar on ik ongkar?

Here are the answers:

Right click and save target as:

http://www.gurmarag.net/SikhAwareness/Audi...last%20part.mp3

Message to Sikh youths

http://www.gurmarag.net/SikhAwareness/Audi...kh%20youths.mp3