Khalsa Raj

Xylitol,

"As for the main sources (SGGS, SDGS etc), I don't know of any specific reference to Khalsa Raj from those, although Dasam Granth Sahib discusses Kalki Avtaar, who is yet to come. Perhaps there is a reference or implied reference to the Raj in there, I don't know"

Precisely - you don't know! You and Mithr above have at best made use of conjecture (re: Kalki Avtar) and appeals to authority (re: famous Sant so and so said this, hence it must be true) which do nothing to address any of the queries raised above.

Perhaps read my questions once more and kindly seek to find supporting statements for the notion of Khalsa Raaj from the primary Sikh Scriptures.

Shaheediyan - thanks for the post, it is precisely what I am driving towards.

Amardeep wrote:

1."going by your logic we could also exclude khande di pahul as none of the primary sources of Sikhism mention any of this (except for the 41.vaar of bhai "Gurdas" which is a dodgy text itself)"

Response: Amardeep, having had previous contact with you, I am sure you know better than to raise this objection. The Amrit Sanchar has been and continues to be very much a living tradition (a 'vidi' that has been passed on from generation to generation), hence its adoption in all rehitnama literature (regardless of their other issues) and inclusion within the present day Sikh Rehit Maryada.

The notion of a Khalsa Raaj and belief in prophecies (several of which are conflicting and/or based on spurious texts written by non-Sikhs) is hardly comparing 'apples with apples'.

2. "Prem Sumarag and Sau sakhi mention Khalsa Raj, and there are a few lines in Akal Ustat (in the sawaye thats part of nitnem i think) that gives a prophecy about better days to come"

Response: Again, I would be (a) grateful for any quotes you could provide in this respect and (B) you are again making nothing more than mere conjecture - 'better days to come' does not in any way (of itself) imply the Khalsa Raaj that is being spoken of here - which again I will re-iterate refers to the Khalsa of Guru Gobind Singh (in the various texts that people keep paying lip service towards) and not as some liberal interpretations like to suggest "the pure" of any tradition.

• 9 years later...