scriptures

sat siri akal ji to all

please cud u give me more information on the other two holy scriptures. dhasum granth, and sarbloh granth( if thats what you refer them to as). i just was interested in this as no one ever talks bouts these scriptures. i dont kno anything about them but just know that they exist. who are they written from etc? is there a english transluation for them? do all gurdwaras have them?

thank you very much

sat siri akal

thanks for that. but why dont all gudwara have them as they are very important scriptures. most of us dont know not 1 thing about them. we shud know more shudnt we? is there a site which gives us the translation to english for us?

thanks for takin time out to read this

sat siri akal

thanks for that. but why dont all gudwara have them as they are very important scriptures. most of us dont know not 1 thing about them. we shud know more shudnt we? is there a site which gives us the translation to english for us?

thanks for takin time out to read this

shera veer ji,

http://www.sikhitothemax.com is provindin the dasam granth in translation. They still in the process of compiling the whole granth. I think they be done by july. stay tuned for that website..sggs is already there...english translation...i myself waitin for dasam granth sahib ji.

Question is why dasam granth is not present in other gurdwaras? I think mainstream sikhs has still loads of doubts about that granth that extermist bhramins and british might have alter some of its contents there.

But if you ask me. I think its pretty authentic :D

stat siri akal N30 Singh veer ji,

thanks a lot for that cant wait till when the site has updated. is the sarbloh granth a part of the dasum granth or is that seperate. any translations for that or not? thank you

For sarbloh granth, as far i know its a secret treasure for nihangs given by guru gobind singh maharaj. I think you have try little harder for that one. I think you have to go to them and find out. I think they wont give you just like that. You have to be paanth seevadar for that. I dont know whats in the granth though except guru gobind singh maharaj bachan

"Khalsa mera roop khaas, khalsa mein karuoo nivas"

i read a famous sant, i dunno who, but he is very very smart said that the Dasam Granth has been altered. He can tell this because of the style of the Granth, its kinda like the numberical set up in the Guru Granth Sahib.

dunno much about the Sarbloh granth, but i think it was found in the 1800's, so i dont know ifs dats relaible.

Gurfateh

A couple of ammendments;

Sri Dasam Granth is also at the same level as Guru Granth Sahib at Takht Patna Sahib. No doubt in most Nihang-run Gurdwarae Dasam Granth if not all three Granths will be on gur-gaddi.

Although N30 is correct, that the old way of getting a copy of Sarbloh Granth was by having to speak to Budda Dal and they would send you to their printers and have on copy pressed up for you...Sri Sarbloh Granth is now available in two volumes from CSJS publishers (through DTF bookshop in UK). There is extensive notes under the text in punjabi, which you'll need!

Sarbloh Granth, historically, was not so 'secret' and 'hidden'. Pandit Tara Singh Narotam, the famous Nirmala scholar, wrote about it. Other Nirmalae also studied it (Sant Jagjit Singh Herkhowal mentions it among his reading list when he studied with Mahant Suhail Singh Nirmala)

i think bhai randhir singh did a huge study to prove it was all true.

as for the numbering thingy, yeah theres an anomoly of that in shabad hazare, i dont know where else, but then again that same difference occurs at the start and end of SGGS (japji and ragmalla).

i have one question, at the beginning of the 24 incarnations, the poet is called SHYAM. isnt that one of gurujis court poets? what is he doing in there? and why does it say "patshahi dasmi" at the top then?