Islam and vegetarianism - Eid and sacrifice of goats

amardeep

To Tonyhp32 :

Maimonides writes:

"Remember, my co-religionists, that on account of the vast number of our sins, God has hurled us in the midst of this people, the Arabs"

Maimonides affirms the traditional belief that Jews are in exile for having offended God and persecuted the prophets.

"Never did a nation molest, degrade, debase and hate us as much as they"

LOL why did he stay then? LOL

The enlightened Salahuddin persecuted Shi'as and executed Sufis such Sohravardi.

To Malwe da Sher:

"I remember hearing news about a year back regarding the Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad supposedly denying the holocaust - does that represent popular Iranian opinion toward the holocaust?

"

Iranian state television recently had a series about an Iranian diplomat who saved French Jews when he lived in Paris in occupied France. Iranians don't hate Jews, they just hate Zionism.Ahmadinejad hasn't clearly denied the Shoah but even so Imam Khamenei (ra) has condemned his declarations and so did many Iranian mps.

Morghe,

Earlier you wrote-;

As for Jews being 3rd class citizens in Islamic countries.. let me laugh. Did Jews who were kicked out of Spain and Portugal move to Panjab? LOL

Maimonides and all the other Jewish scholars who lived in Islamic countries must be laughing at your statement right now.

Maimonide considered the Arab treatment of the Jews to have the worst that the Jews have ever suffered up until then. I would class that as 3rd class citizenship!

Btw Maimonides considered the 'prophet' to have been a madman and a fraud.

Tonyhp32 wrote:

"Maimonide considered the Arab treatment of the Jews to have the worst that the Jews have ever suffered up until then. I would class that as 3rd class citizenship!

Btw Maimonides considered the 'prophet' to have been a madman and a fraud."

That may well have been the case. Fact is: he decided to stay in an Islamic country after all. He could have gone to other places but he didn't. How do you call a man who works for the caliph as his personal doctor, gets paid lavishly and still says he is a 3rd class citizen?

A hypocrite.

Why should he have to move? His people had been living in Egypt, Morocco and Spain many centuries before the Arabs decided to invade and take over. It was his country before it became the Arabs' so rather than him being a hypocrite, he and his people were a victim of circumstances.

Going by your advice for him to have moved, I assume you support the right of Israel to exist? That was a case of millions of Jews voting with their feet and leaving the Arab countries as well as Europe where they were not wanted.

Palestine is an Arab country. The language is Arabic.Israel is a colonial state created by European Zionists in contradiction with Jew teaching.

Fact remains that the Talmud and othodoy Jewry declares that Jews may only return en masse to Palestani after the Meshiach arrives. I don't mind Jews living in Palestine if Palestine is a multifaith state for Jews, Christians and Muslims. I am just surprised to see you saying that Egypt, Morocco and Spain were his country... No Jewish rulers there ever mate sorry and Jews were always a minority there.

That may be so, but the majority of Muslims in those country were not invaders but natives who adopted the faith and don't forget: the Ommayads discouraged conversions to Islam. So if these people converted it's not because they were forced to do so but because they chose to. I believe Maimonides when he sees Arabs were quite ruthless because they also discriminated against converts. But Tony makes the classical mistake of thinking that Arabs came by the millions into tose countries which is of course a lie. They led expeditions but the troops were mostly non Arabs.