~ Puratan Mangal Charans ~

• 6 months later...

Traditional Mangalcharan:

I bow to the lotus feet of Sri Guru Nanak.

I meditate on Guru Angad who eradicates blemishes.

I enshrine Guru Amar Das within my heart.

I sing the praises of Sri Guru Ram Das.

Sri Guru Arjun destroys all my obstacles.

Guru Hargobind enlightens my mind.

Salutations to Sri Guru Har Rai with folded hands.

And again the same to Guru Harkrishan.

Guru Tegh Bahadur is most gracious.

Sri Guru Gobind Singh is blissful.

I bow my head again and again.

I salute the master of the universe over and over.

Within knowledge lays ambrosial nectar.

Loving devotion is the true jewel.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib is unfathomable

Upon whom I meditate with great love.

My intellect is trivial.

How can it narrate your greatness?

I am not able to describe your glories.

You (God) must yourself take this discourse and purify it.

Translated by Menu Ke Patha ji of Sikhsangat,

this is the opening mangal charan recited by Baba Santa Singh ji

before every katha, it can be heard at the begining of the Sarbloh Granth katha

part 1, it is from one of the ithiasik granths, possible Suraj Prakash.

vaahiguroo!!!!

dass didnt translate it, nihangsingh.org did

dass a mahaamoorakh that has no giaan, cant write, read, speak, comunicate in any language, let alone write guroo sahibs ustat like that

vaahiguroo

regarding mangal charan- dass ustaad told dass when he started learning vidya, that one who dooes not do a mangal, and reference to akaal sahib, then that person is "naastik" i.e one who doesnt believe in god...

vaahiguroo jee!

maafee jee

ikonkaar

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹ ॥

sri vahiguru ji ki fateh

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਭਵਾਨੀ ਜੀ ਸਹਾਇ ॥

sri bhavani ji sahai

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮਾਯਾ ਲਛਮੀ ਜੀ ਸਹਾਇ ॥

sri maya laxmi ji sahai

ਉਸਤਤਿ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮਾਯਾ ਲਛਮੀ ਜੀ ਕੀ ॥

ustat sri maya laxmi ji ki

(this is the start of sri sarbloh granth sahib)

i am putting this as well as the first pauri on http://sikh-reality.blogspot.com/ with a translation within a week or two

in the budha dal steek of sarbloh, it talked about how Bhavani here was in reference to Paida karn vali shakti (i.e. a creative Shakti) and Maya Laxmi here is reference to Paalanaa karn vali Shakti (i.e. a nourishing/protecting/taking care of type of Shakti)

It means sense as Bhavani literally means giver of life, and Laxmi is the consert of Vishnu who can be known as Gopal, or the bhavaarth of that is 'sustainer/nourisher of the world'

I'm guessing that the creative Shakti, Adhi Shakti that is represented by Bhavani/Durga can be both destructive as well as creative.

The steek mentions how the Tri-devi represent different 3 guns, just like how people associate the Tri-murti are assoicated with the 3 guns.

Bhavani - Paida karn vali Shakti (creative)

Laxmi - Paalnaa karn vali Shakti (sustaining/protective)

Naash - desctruvive, steek did not mention who this is, but the lsat of the devi's is Sarswati.

Teh steek said that without the creative (paida) energy, there can be protection and without protection (paalna) there can be no destruction (naash)

What I am confused about is then that, is Sarswati represented as a desctructive entity? I thought this was reserved for Bhavani? Or does Bhavani represent both the paida karn vali Shakti as well as the Naash (destructive) type of energy?

Out of the Tri-devi i thought it was , Sarswati (brahmas consort), Laxmi (vishnus consort) and Parbati (shivs consort), i.e. all of the Tri-murti's consorts

Now, Parbati in a fericous form turns to Durga/Bhavani/Chandi/Bhagauti. And correct me if im wrong but when she gets even more crazier Kaali/Kaalika comes out from the Durga/Chandi form? (im referencing Chandi di vaar, where it talks about how Chandi is in the battlefield and Kaalika emerges from out of her head)

So I always thought that they were inter-related/same type of Devi but different form

• 8 years later...