In the Masters Presence

SURYADEV

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly was Nidar Singh apologising for? Is there a particular section in the book that was misleading? Can anyone explain?

I think it may be the assertion that only tobacco was strictly forbidden to Singhs and drugs and alcohol were generally permitted. Chandi worship? Jhatka also seems to annoy some people.

God knows? Haven't read it all yet. I think the latest jathedar gets portrayed as a bit of a conformist also. Could be that?

Anyone know who the Baba Kulwant Singh is, mentioned in Niddar's apology?

They'd better explain all this in their next volume.

Edited by dalsingh101

I think it may be the assertion that only tobacco was strictly forbidden to Singhs and drugs and alcohol were generally permitted. Chandi worship? Jhatka also seems to annoy some people.

God knows? Haven't read it all yet. I think the latest jathedar gets portrayed as a bit of a conformist also. Could be that?

Anyone know who the Baba Kulwant Singh is, mentioned in Niddar's apology is?

Baba Kulwant Singh is the head pujari/jathedhar of Sri Hazoor Sahib. He is mentioned in the last chapter.

Baba Kulwant Singh is the head pujari/jathedhar of Sri Hazoor Sahib. He is mentioned in the last chapter.

That is saying a lot, if he is behind the apology!

Anyone know who the Baba Kulwant Singh is, mentioned in Niddar's apology?

It is literally just a sentence mentioning the Jathedar that has got evryone upset, even that was as a side caption to the Jathedars picture: pg 278 "......jathedar's lack of fighting spirit and departure from certain time-honoured traditions,......."

Also just to add my bit to this 'khappa' this jathedar is the same person whos father (- gurdwara official) was caught many years ago, leading a bunch of goondas away with the gurdwaras golak in the middle of the night!

I think the crux of it was that the destruction of many irreplacable icons of Sikh heritage like the Ramgharia Bhunga, as well as the removal of many, many Hazuri Singh families that had lived on the perimeter of Hazur Sahib for generations (moved miles away thereafter) all happened under Jathedaar Jis watch.

Yes the people who instigated the commotion obviously had issues with Jatka etc etc, but would have got slapped themselves had they mentioned anything of this sort in front of the Hazuri Singhs, hence used this little sentance to get Nihang Nidar Singh 'punished'.

Last I heard, Nihang Singh and Jathedaar are still great friends.

I think the crux of it was that the destruction of many irreplacable icons of Sikh heritage like the Ramgharia Bhunga, as well as the removal of many, many Hazuri Singh families that had lived on the perimeter of Hazur Sahib for generations (moved miles away thereafter) all happened under Jathedaar Jis watch.

Yes the people who instigated the commotion obviously had issues with Jatka etc etc, but would have got slapped themselves had they mentioned anything of this sort in front of the Hazuri Singhs, hence used this little sentance to get Nihang Nidar Singh 'punished'.

Where did you get this info from?

Jathedar Kulwant Singh ji is a bhramgyani, as stated by Baba Thakur Singh ji Bhindrenvale. The commotion had nothing to do with chatka, as Jathedar ji himself doesn't believe in that. The rahit around Harmandir Sahib is not under control of Akaal Takht jathedar, it's under control of the SGPC. A similar situation exists at Sri Hazoor Sahib.

Niddar Singh got in trouble for printing lies about the jathedar. Despite his website mentioning a Gurbani tukh about speaking the truth no matter what the consequences, when face to face with the jathedar, he admitted his mistake and apologized. I guess in his book he never wrote the truth.

Where did you get this info from?

Jathedar Kulwant Singh ji is a bhramgyani, as stated by Baba Thakur Singh ji Bhindrenvale.

...and by virtually every Sikh Mahapursh from all Sampardas, including Nihangs.

Shaheeduyan - there are Singhs from Hazur Sahib in the UK at this moment. It isn't hard to clear up exactly what happened.

These Hazuri Singhs seem to be a law on to themselves, what with not giving a rat* ar*e about what other Sikhs think of their maryada as well as being (in your words) prepared to slap those who do not believe in Jhatka. So great Oracle tell us why these people could not stop their homes being taken away from them? Why did they need Niddar Singh to bring out their plight?

Are these people so thick that they manhandle and force an apology from the two people who are fighting their corner?

Edited by tonyhp32

Tonyhp

Pleeease buy a couple of copies??!!!

you can give them away if you want or even hold a book burning protest in the streets with them. ;)

If anyone wants to buy a copy then go ahead but be aware that by buying this book you are giving financial assistance to the authors to further their agenda. So, no I won't be buying a copy, thanks but no thanks.

As for the bookburning, I am thinking of inviting this guy to be MC at the event.

Islamic%20Rage%20Boy.jpg

Edited by tonyhp32

Tony, you are really a plonker.

A couple of sevadaar protecting their jathedaars reputation does not equal poor families living around Hazur Sahib. There are more than 10 Singhs who live in Nanded, but you wouldn't know that, would you.

Your one dimensional stereotypical thinking beggars belief.

Niddar seems to believe Sikhi is a panth of Hinduism (I base this on his own online contributions via his affiliated websites). I wonder if the Baba Kulwant Singh shares this view?

For that matter, how many of you reading this believe that Sikhs are Hindus?

In a footnote of the book (page 222) it says the following about the word qaum:

Race or nation; not to be confused with "panth" which refers to the (spiritual) path. Thus, the Akai-Nihangs are making it clear that they belong to the 'Hindu' race (or nation) while following the Singh-Khalsa Panth (which is one of many panths in the Hindu quam).

Despite shortcomings the book is still seriously eye-opening. I didn't know Mahrajah Ranjit Singh, was trying to surreptiously form an alliance to expel goray from India. Fascinating. I'm onto the section about Daleep Singh now, it was nice puting a face to Thakar Singh Sandwalia after all these years too. lol

Edited by dalsingh101

Tony, you are really a plonker.

A couple of sevadaar protecting their jathedaars reputation does not equal poor families living around Hazur Sahib. There are more than 10 Singhs who live in Nanded, but you wouldn't know that, would you.

Your one dimensional stereotypical thinking beggars belief.

You were the one that mentioned how great these Hazuri Singhs were and Niddar Singh said that 750 of their houses were forcibly vacated of them by the Maharashatra police. My question was simple, how can they have allowed this? Whether they were 'poor' Hazuri Singhs or not doesn't matter. If you are proud of the way your people have kept their maryada and are ready to slap any Sikh who says different then what's stopping you from resisting the police when they forcibly throw you out of your house?

Niddar seems to believe Sikhi is a panth of Hinduism (I base this on his own online contributions via his affiliated websites). I wonder if the Baba Kulwant Singh shares this view?

For that matter, how many of you reading this believe that Sikhs are Hindus?

In a footnote of the book (page 222) it says the following about the word qaum:

Despite shortcomings the book is still seriously eye-opening. I didn't know Mahrajah Ranjit Singh, was trying to surreptiously form an alliance to expel goray from India. Fascinating. I'm onto the section about Daleep Singh now, it was nice puting a face to Thakar Singh Sandwalia after all these years too. lol

I think his next book is called 'A history of the American Quam'!

Edited by tonyhp32

There is a difference between some neophyte Taksali or Singh Sahibiya idiots making a commotion when chatka occurs at Sachkhand (and we all know what happened then) and a Police Force (bribed by 'forward looking and powerful Sikhs') ready to kill you or commit any number of attrocities against your family.

Saying that, who says they didn't resist their houses being demolished, you are jumping to conclusions again - which isn't your fault, as you find it difficult to part with a few £s in case you might like what your arch enemies have written.

http://news.ukpha.org/2008/11/bulldozing-of-heritage-at-hazur-sahib/

http://news.ukpha.org/2008/03/razed-to-the-ground-hazur-sahibs-sacred-spaces-demolished/

When someones wife and kids are dragged out of their homes by their kesh and a gun put to your head, and your voice falls on deaf ears, what can you do?

Gone forever The aftermath

Going by Tonys previous attitude as seeing traditional sampryada and their baana as 'fancy dress' and therefore unecessary, I doubt he will have had a problem with the above, as these 'dated' buildings have apparently been replaced with new nicer looking ones which have air con and running water.

Really? He didnt do a good job. Maybe he should have spent more time playing politics than all the other stuff he got up to.

Bear in mind, he was dealing with the sneakiest effers on the planet. He did his best to prepare the fauj for the inevitable jung though. If you read the book by the descendent of the Fakir brothers, it says Ranjit Singh wanted to go to war with the wasps after the Holkar incident but was persuaded against it by Fakir Nuruddin.

I'm just thinking, if he had kicked it off then, considering that we would have had leaders like Akali Phoola Singh, Hari Singh Nalwa and Sham Singh Attari. Would we have won? We have to factor in that the Khalsa was not modernised at that stage, like they were later.