Pseudo Missionaries Parchar Goes Full Throttle.

SAadmin

I just received an email with two brochure one in English and one in Punjabi. Please see- attachment below. English brochure seems fine but as soon as you have a glimpse of Punjabi one, its quite alarming and concerning. Basically, missionaries managed to open up full fledged parchar center in Gurdwara made by them where they can do anti gurmat sidhant parchar with full throttle. Now i m not saying they should be shut down or given fatwas. There are few main concerns with this move:

1. There should be Sikh parchar center based on original/puratan Gurmat Sidhant values side by side as well, so seekers can decide themselves instead of letting them brainwash and mislead new comers to the sikhi path and sikh youths.

2. It's quite hypocritical of our jathedars and soo called panthic organizations first to pledge an action against kala afghana/bhausaria mindset then make a U turn and sleep with them on a same manji. As you can see from brouchure below, and their website, jathedar of sri akaal takth sahib ji and jathedar of akhand kirtani jatha having no problem taking in part with those who have disrespected sri dasam granth sahib ji and follow bhausaria mindset doubting bhai gurdas ji varan, sat-balvand vaar, bhatt swaie and other important gurmat sidhants.

post-3-1240464191_thumb.jpg

post-3-1240464443_thumb.jpg

I bet the Jathedar won't attend - I've seen this before, where people print posters just to get attention or look legit. Strangely, there's a thread on Sikhsangat by "sikh lehar" and no mention is made of Prof Darshan as one of the speakers.....seems dodgy - how far is this place from you Neo?

Do these centre's actually do parchar? or are they opening just another gurdwara? Who is it funded by? I've seen many little "organizations" talking about how they will spread in depth sikhi parchar etc... but when i've visited these talks/ seminars etc.. i ts always been the same old stuff grow you hair take amrit... thats why alot of sikh youth arent fond of sikh events and talk that take place anymore.

Is there even a place were one can learn about sikhi/ gurmat philosophy/theology in the west?

Matheen veer, you may want to post this brochure which is in punjabi on sikhsangat , so sangat is aware. There is lot of people on there who lives in brampton. I live in brampton as well, i know where is this place, its industrial area, two blocks off there is full fledged gurdwara called Glidden Gurdwara. First of all , missionaries topic aside, i just don't understand why there is 10 gurdwara's in brampton just within 20 km radius. It's becoming franschise business. There is hardly any gurdwara where homeless people live which is Toronto Core Downton so these homeless people can be fed, sikhs days are much concerned about fame, money than following true concept of langar laid down by Sri Guru Amar Das Ji. anyway enough of my rant. lol

N30 Singh Jee, is this Gurdwara being opened by Kala Afghanist people? I know that alot of Kala Afghanists live in Canada especially Brampton area. More Gurdwaras the better is the way I see it. But if the Gurdwara that is being open is going to end up being a center for Kala Afghanist activity, then that is a reason to worry.

N30 Singh Jee, is this Gurdwara being opened by Kala Afghanist people? I know that alot of Kala Afghanists live in Canada especially Brampton area. More Gurdwaras the better is the way I see it. But if the Gurdwara that is being open is going to end up being a center for Kala Afghanist activity, then that is a reason to worry.

I actually don't know if all the committee members of that new gurdwara subscribe to kala afghana thinking but i definitely see an influence, just type go to their gurdwara website, you will see they got katha's of ghugga and missionary type guys.