castes?....i dont understand

Sat Naam Wahe Guru

hello im a newbie to this site, i think itz cool what your doing here...

now to my question, sorry if this has been answered before, but

how comz in sikhism there are castes like JATT, Tarkhan, Chamar, etc...

if i am wrong some1 please correct me and could someone please explain

thank you

There is no castes in sikhism.. there is caste system in punjabi culture..that is that...sikhism and punjabi culture are competely different concepts....sikhism is off coz much more priceless than idotic punjabi culture which has nothing else to offer except - drinking, caste system, gender bias and arrange marriages.

here is what guru granth sahib ji has to say about caste system

"Let no man be proud because of his caste.

For the man who has God in his heart, he alone is the true Brahmin.

O stupid fool, be not proud of your caste, by this pride many sins arise.

Everyone says there are four castes, but they are all created from the Lords seed (essence).

All men are moulded from the same clay, but the potter has fashioned it into vessels of numerous forms.

By joining the five elements, the form of the body is made, no one can say that the element is less in one and more in another" Ang 1128 SGGS

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

Hello and welcome to the site typer :)

The caste system has been discussed afew times and here are the links to them posts...

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...highlight=caste

If you still have some questions feel free to ask...

thank you also kaur1699 ji, u kno whats surprising to me;

although many of our elders know alot more about our religion they follow it less.. and the newer generation is willing to follow the peace and equality shown in sikhi, i have many mates from other religions and all of us respect each others religions, but too bad some people in the world including some elders do not wish the people living in the world to been seen equally.

i am sorry if i have said nething wrong, i am only a bacha lol.

once again thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

although many of our elders know alot more about our religion they follow it less.. and the newer generation is willing to follow the peace and equality shown in sikhi, i have many mates from other religions and all of us respect each others religions, but too bad some people in the world including some elders do not wish the people living in the world to been seen equally.

Yea... I agree that the older generation does place a lot of emphasis on the Caste thing... Hopefully as the younger generations take things on, the Caste system is something that will be looked upon as something that has no significance..

mr neo ji im sorry but u misread, i said.....you should set up server, i dont have a ftp but i have some mp3s....

i could set up ftp but that would be for the time my computer stays on, one thing i could do is

upload to coolgoose, that way anyone can access..

Typer ji,

sowwie ... um we got a ftp server that was just mine.. recently i m in the process of settin up a ftp server again because it got screwed before...

so please kindly wait and check out post "Free Ftp Server" under download section for more updates...just gimme few more days.. i ll put up the server asap.