Radio Race Row At Bbc's Flagship Asian Station

dalsingh101

More crappy representation of Sikhs in media.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv...on-1774570.html

Radio race row at BBC's flagship Asian station

Angry Sikhs besiege Asian Network over Muslim's 'joke'

By Jerome Taylor, Religious Affairs Correspondent

Sikhs were angered by remarks made by the BBC Asian Network presenter Adil Ray

The BBC's Asian Network was at the centre of a fresh race row last night after Sikhs accused the digital radio station of being insensitive towards their religion.

BBC bosses were forced to remove a show by the popular Muslim presenter Adil Ray from their website after the morning show DJ received threats from angry Sikh listeners who accused him of denigrating an important religious symbol.

Why does the BBC even have a so-called Asian network. What a waste of money. We have Sikh, Hindu and Muslim radio stations already so why does the BBC want to reinvent the wheel by throwing millions in the asian network of which I have yet to meet someone who listens to it!

The asian network is a way for the BBC to reward sell out 'asians' with plum jobs in the network who then go on to denegrate their religion or other religions.

Rather than protest at Adil Ray people should be writing to the BBC asking them to stop wasting money on this network!

yeh man that will make them think twice.

I didn't know Adil Ray is muslim? Ray seems more like a punjabi surname. ~Unless he is punjabi muslim?

Adil is a Muslim name. It is common for Muslims to have Hindu Gotra/last names since most of their ancestors were Hindus who were forcibly converted to the religion of peace.

Adil is a Muslim name. It is common for Muslims to have Hindu Gotra/last names since most of their ancestors were Hindus who were forcibly converted to the religion of peace.

No? Forcibly converted? Never!

Come on mate, you should know that it was due to the natural love of the deen that South Asia's Muslims came into the Islamic fold.

Mahmud of Ghazni and Ghauri were just peaceful explorers searching for possible trade links - their religion just happened to rub off onto the locals without any hint of coercion whatsoever.

/end sarcastic rant.

Sorry guys, too much caffeine and procrastination is not a good combo!

Check out the Daily Hate...sorry Mail.

Real good publicity. Check all of the comments made by readers afterwards. Really eye opening on what some people think of us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...ous-symbol.html

BBC race row as Sikh listeners threaten Muslim radio presenter who 'denigrated holy symbol'

By Graham Smith

Last updated at 1:52 PM on 20th August 2009

BBC Asian Network host Adil Ray received threats from Sikhs who accused him of denigrating one of their religious symbols. The BBC's Asian Network has become embroiled in a race row after Sikh listeners accused the flagship digital radio station of being insensitive towards their religion. The BBC was forced to remove a show from its website after Muslim presenter Adil Ray received threats from Sikhs who said he had denigrated one of their religious symbols.

Wow that picture of kirpan with sharp edges and its length in the article certainly won't help us especially with meaning of kirpan being article of faith abroad. I am not sure if media purposely posted that picture or they actually asked amritdhari khalsa to take out the kirpan so that they can take a picture.

Wow that picture of kirpan with sharp edges and its length in the article certainly won't help us especially with meaning of kirpan being article of faith abroad. I am not sure if media purposely posted that picture or they actually asked amritdhari khalsa to take out the kirpan so that they can take a picture.

The kirpan in that picture must have been posted out of some Sharaarat to make the kirpan look very lethal. I don't know of anyone who wears a kirpan like that.

It is unfortunate that the kirpan seems to be getting noticed in the media for all the wrong reasons. Hope Guru Sahib does kirpa and protects his nishaani from unfriendly eyes.

Regardless of this current (and even previous) rows involving the Kirpan, isn't the Kirpan meant to be a shastar?

I mean, is this not the original purpose for Guru Sahib bestowing us with this particular Kakkar.

It's unfortunate that due to Western pressure (as well as our own Sikhs abusing the use of the Kirpan) that it has now been forced to be denigrated to a 'ceremonial'/symbolic 'dagger'.

My local jurisdiction here in Australia provides the following under the 'Weapons Act':

16—Kirpaans

(1) A member of the Sikh religion is exempt from the offences of possession and use of a

knife under section 15(1c)( b ) (- see below -) of the Act to the extent that the member possesses, wears or

carries the knife for the purpose of complying with the requirements of the Sikh religion.

(2) In this clause—

knife does not include a butterfly knife, flick knife, push knife or trench knife within the

meaning of Schedule 2.

(1c) A person who—

(a) manufactures, sells, distributes, supplies or otherwise deals in, prohibited

weapons; or

( b ) has possession of, or uses, a prohibited weapon,

is guilty of an offence.

Maximum penalty: $10 000 or imprisonment for 2 years.

I have not come across any cases in which the Kirpan has been used and as such I'm not sure what constitutes 'use' here. However, it would appear that atleast the Kirpan is recognised here as a shastar.