Amrit - To be or not to be... that is the question??

Yeah... me agen :roll:

I want to take Arit this summa holiday - which is sumtime b4 october now..... i know iwant to but im unsure... even though im sure. :? Im doing evrithing thats required and im keeping it up yeah.... still i dont know... :( Any1 wana give me sum help on this one... plz do, cuz im gna need all the help i can get!!!!!!! :oops:

Feteh Ji.

neo paji im sure that penji k4ur has a great deal of love for waheguru and sikhi, i think its pretty offensive to say that jus because she is 50/50 about takin amrit she doesnt have love for waheguru

kaur, its understandable that you are warey of takin amrit because deep down u may have a fear of making a mistake or you feel you are not ready, but this is probably felt by allot of people, taking amrit is a pretty big step for every sikh

but seeing that you are following the rehat at the moment u should be gettin more confident with urself, you know that you can do this and if you had any doubts or weaknesses they would have been evident by now

i advise you to carry on how you are doing, and im sure that you will be much more confident and willing to give everything to waheguru when the end of summer comes, if not then do not rush into it if you are not ready, theres always another time :D with wahegurus kirpa you will take this step and become a khalsa - do not stress out too much :wink:

fateh ji

Neo pagee - i do luv Vaheguru. I dnt wana get iffy aboout this.

I guess im just scared and im sorry if u think that i dont and im sorry if God thinks that too. :oops:

Just that i get butterflys everytime i try n speakout about it. :cry:

Im just scared - and i so totally know wot u mean steel bangle. And thanku. that was very thoguhtful pagge. Bless u.

8)

thnx 2 everi1 else too. :)

Fateh Ji

kaur........

do u do everything stated in the rahit (include wear a keski) and u can carry on doing it for a period of time?

if so, u r ready. ur obviously gunna be nervous, just make sure u can stick to the rahit, and go for it.

for some reason, i had a strange dream a few nights ago (i think thurs) i took amrit bt wasnt ready.....hmmmm was weird.....at the moment i dont wake up at amrit vela and dont do my nitnem every day without fail, and i do like my occassional pizza hut and eat out :oops: so i definately aint ready

Yeah... me agen :roll:

I want to take Arit this summa holiday - which is sumtime b4 october now..... i know iwant to but im unsure... even though im sure. :? Im doing evrithing thats required and im keeping it up yeah.... still i dont know... :( Any1 wana give me sum help on this one... plz do, cuz im gna need all the help i can get!!!!!!! :oops:

Feteh Ji.

Bhain JI

I'm in da Same boat as you ... :roll:

I'm scared to commit mkyself

i WANT TO TAKE AMRIT

but I'm afraid of prehaps not being able to follow the rehat very thoroly

such as waking up in Amrit Wela when I'm not going to collage/Work

:( really worries me for such things-

othawise its quite aight

I try to do as much Paath in the morning as possible

(jaap JI SAheb Jaap Saheb and Svvaiye...saheb and sometime chupai)

but I'm not ALWAYS feeling ready

even though i WANT TO :oops: :? :cry: :cry: :oops:

its all fault of the KALYUG! :x :P

Personally - I'd take amrit when Im feeling it...

My parents brought me up with cut hair etc... but taught me a bit about Sikh along the way (although a bit is never enough :) ).. anyways..

I never planned to grow my hair - but one day (4/11/96) I started growing my hair, a while later, I started wearing a Pug - although I trimmed my beard and carried on eating meat...

It was about 15 months ago that I felt "the love" again... and since then I dropped meat and havnt cut any hair since...

Its one of those things that I have found I do when Im not thinking about it, but feeling it?? Do you know what I mean?? Its really hard to explain..

Ive found that certain 'events' in my life have acted as a catalyst though... Its just one of those things I find hard to explain.