Some Shastar Websites

Kaljug

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I had mentioned it, just thought I would update, I have received my chukuri http://www.khukuriblades.com/products/details.php?id=313931fd3d10.

Its beautiful and has very good quality/finish. Excellent size (small -medium) and has a great balance.

It cuts like a shastar is meant to cut - and serves as cutting, stabbing, manipulating and crushing weapon - the innovative sharp 3 inches on the spine side of the blade, truely make this a very dangerous weapon!

If anyone is interested, I would highly recommend it!

It also has a nice sheath, without the annoying sharp bronze cap like regular khukuri sheaths!

• 1 month later...

All this talk about kukris made me want to search the net to see if I could see it in action.

This video is the result of that search - don't watch it if you are anti-jhatka :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5OYhjx-Xg

woaw

i heard the oriental-arms guy is overpriced a lot of the time. pretty shastar still

The prices are reasonable for the quality and condition of the weapons he sells, if someone wants antiques at cheap prices they will get pitted tat of low quality, if someone wants good quality antiques with little or no damage and no pitting, gold, ivory and wootz, they will have to pay for them.

If you want a showpeice, then go to the people making the modern day knockoffs, which are unbalanced, overweight and incorrectly manufactured.

• 1 month later...

The prices are reasonable for the quality and condition of the weapons he sells, if someone wants antiques at cheap prices they will get pitted tat of low quality, if someone wants good quality antiques with little or no damage and no pitting, gold, ivory and wootz, they will have to pay for them.

If you want a showpeice, then go to the people making the modern day knockoffs, which are unbalanced, overweight and incorrectly manufactured.

satt aa, just what i've heard from other people. of course good pieces will cost more