Amritvela, And Nitnem?

mit

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2017 at 7:56 PM, Gursharan Kaur said:

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa waheguru ji ki Fateh ji..
I am so glad to write here for I have so many things to tell you. 
I am getting good sleep at night from a couple of weeks and I am very happy for it,though I get dreams at same rate but when I wake up in morning I don't think over it and let all my memory wash off. I also do my nitnem though not in amritvela but I try to do it in ease and not stressing that I have to do it (may waheguruji bless me amritvela soon). For my body aches n body rashes I try do exercise bit, eat healthy and make body relax. I have learnt how to change my potential which I used in stressing, to do Simran or recite any baani. 
At my free time sitting somewhere idle, travelling, cleaning dishes, doing household chores or in all times when I find myself lost in thoughts I try to do Simran so that I dont think anything else n stress. 
Things have not changed but yes my point of view has changed alot. 
I have known what is Hukam and I leave my worries upon Gurusaab saying " Tu mera Pita Tu hai mera Mata Tu mera Bandap Sakha Skhaye". 
And this all has happened because I always had in my mind that I have to write up here n tell you, you might be waiting for it, I always thought. You were all right! Things were getting psychological.. 
I just do my part n leave my desire for results.

I am so thankful to everyone here who replied for my problem and helped me. 

Thank you
Bhull chukk maaf. 

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa waheguru ji ki Fateh beta ji,

Waah ji waah beta ji , very happy to hear from you ..yes i was indeed waiting for news from you. 

Thats like a good bacha...i am very happy for you ..Jiske Sirr Upar Tu Swami so Dukh kaise Paave..keep motivating yourself beta ..Guru Ang Sang Sahaai..

I will be eagerly waiting for more news beta..very proud of you 

Siri Akaal ji Sahaai ..Jai Sadaa Jai Bhagouti

On 8/19/2017 at 10:26 AM, Gursharan Kaur said:

At my free time sitting somewhere idle, travelling, cleaning dishes, doing household chores or in all times when I find myself lost in thoughts I try to do Simran so that I dont think anything else n stress. 

You can also try to listen to Katha/Kirtan on a electronic device whenever you get time (travelling, etc). 

Bhul chuk maaf

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2017 at 6:24 PM, Guest Sharan said:

Yes virji. This is why when i cant wake up in morning continously i feel like what should i say in my benti to Dhan Gurupitaji when i cant even recite nitnem in early morning. Then i do it while travelling in bus to my college n have my breakfast after i reach college. But sometimes health doesn't permit and i eat, it becomes an excuse and it disturbs me because then i feel what if i get detached from Gurusaab if this continues for so long.. 

Panji what I tell you is from not my experience but from mahan singhs and from the company of people who have gone through where you are.

- Do Ardaas as much as you can - with love and heart. Ask for guidance and resolve

- You need to increase your will power

- WIll power if your friend, your path and in other words your faith in waheguru.

- If this is dark magic - then I would suggest you get advice from Gurmukhs about doing a Sapta paath in full maryada or something relative.

- Don't get in doubt or duality - stick with one thing and see it through.

- Sit in sadsangat when ever you can

- Do bhandiya(DIshes) dee sewa in the langar when ever possible

- Live in love not fear - fear never takes you any where good.

You'rr guru Gobind SIngh ji's daughter - what fear and worry could you not overcome ?

Bhul chuck maaf

On 14/09/2017 at 12:59 AM, Gareeb said:

Panji what I tell you is from not my experience but from mahan singhs and from the company of people who have gone through where you are.

- Do Ardaas as much as you can - with love and heart. Ask for guidance and resolve

- You need to increase your will power

- WIll power if your friend, your path and in other words your faith in waheguru.

- If this is dark magic - then I would suggest you get advice from Gurmukhs about doing a Sapta paath in full maryada or something relative.

- Don't get in doubt or duality - stick with one thing and see it through.

- Sit in sadsangat when ever you can

- Do bhandiya(DIshes) dee sewa in the langar when ever possible

- Live in love not fear - fear never takes you any where good.

You'rr guru Gobind SIngh ji's daughter - what fear and worry could you not overcome ?

Bhul chuck maaf

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa waheguru ji ki Fateh ji. 

Really helpful points. I will surely try doing all this. 

My family knows one Naam abhiyasi Singh ji who has done Sampat paath for us and it has solved many of our problems ( like my health has improved),and I actually realise this is what life is ( I was always in pain and body aches), but I now I think all this has put me in heartbreaks because it was someone from my own family doing all this from last many years. 

I get dreams at night like some one stabbing, I am drowning,I see dead people calling me, even I see them saying they won't let me relieve so easily I will have to pay for this or that.  Everyone says I stress which results in all this. 

Secondly my subconscious is always awake. Always dreaming whilst sleep, Even if I try doing meditation I get deep into some very different feeling which drains me alot. 

Thank you so much. 

• 2 years later...
Guest Singh is King
4 hours ago, Guest Harpreet said:

Waheguru Ji,

Can I start amritvela at 12 am?

You may start anytime suitable or convenient for you, for the Amrit we seek is within us and available whenever you reach within to have it by His grace, and thank god,  it is no such thing like a supermarket or a grocery shop with opening or closing timings.

Though early morning time, has its advantages, like no traffic noises, no visitors, no telephone calls, absolute silence... all these things help us to concentrate easier; but, do not force yourself if you can not for any reasons.

The main thing is you regularly engage yourself  in doing your spiritual practices, if possible at the same time and place, for the mind is used with associations, and thus being helpful in concentrating.

The Bani says: Amrit Nam mahaa ras meetha, ann din man tan peeva.  The Name of the Lord  is the ambrosial nectar, which I drink day and night, within my mind and body.

On 6/24/2020 at 7:41 PM, Guest Harpreet said:

Waheguru Ji,

Wjkk wjkf you can start at anytime but its best that once you start waking up at amritvela that you keep the same time fixed everytime you do paath at the time. 

But the best thing is to make a connection with Waheguru Guru Sahib Ji and try to paath at day time when you can if you are struggling with keeping amritvela as you can increase banis paath at this stage as well.

Personally i have never done any banis at amritvela so its a advanced level subject for me as i never really think about the subject as i usually read dasam banis with guru sahib jis kirpa but thats usually at daytime.

13 hours ago, hsingh6 said:

That will be awesome. Lot of brahamgianis start at that hour

You are correct veer ji as every mahapursh give updesh for amritvela in their jeevani saakhis. 

Waheguru Ji,

Indeed a very good question. 

And although all the posters above have given very good answers, I would like to also add my 2 cents as per the following sacred bachans of Fifth Patshahee in the  Bani: 

ਰੈਣਿ ਦਿਨਸੁ ਤਿਸੁ ਸਦਾ ਧਿਆਈ ਜਿ ਖਿਨ ਮਹਿ ਸਗਲ ਉਧਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥

Rain Dhinas This Sadhaa Dhhiaaee J Khin Mehi Sagal Oudhhaarae Jeeo ||3||

Night and day, I always meditate on Him; in an instant, He saves all.

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਵਰਖੈ ਅਨਹਦ ਬਾਣੀ 

Anmrith Varakhai Anehadh Baanee ||

The Ambrosial Nectar, the Unstruck Melody of Gurbani rains down continually.

One may ask, why does Guru Jee say that we can meditate on Him anytime be it day and/or  night?

And the answer to this question is given by Guru Jee in the second verse above.

Is it not the ambrosial nectar of Amrit what we  look forward for? In that sense, He says The Ambrosial Nectar, the Unstruck Melody of Gurbani rains down continually. 

So brother, if that Amrit it rains down continouslly, what wrong is in doing His bandagee or meditation anytime  during the day?

Let us be frank and ask ourselves, are we only going to get it, at midnight, or any other specific time?  

You see, we deliberately limit ourselves, when Guru Sahiban opens His hands wide, and gracefully showers us with this Amrit 24/7. For, if we missed the chance at some time, why not try to get that spiritual wealth as soon as possible again.

Why wait for a specific time? 

Who knows, that by postponing, we may be alive or not by then.

Why to take any risks?

That also when He gives us total freedom to amass the spiritual wealth as much as possible without limitations.

True, ideal, and perfect is that very moment/time,  which we try to meditate on that supreme Truth, all else is time wasted.

Stay blessed.

SSA.

Some say Amritvela is from 12 am to 2 am, some say from 12 am to 6 am, all opinions are respected.

But the thing is, whether it is that time or any other, whenever we access there we shall always receive the same quality and quantity of Amrit within, if only we concentrate and focus with purity irrespective of the day time, for at our level we have hours and timings, and within is only His Jot/Shabad/Amrit, at all times.

We should not discourage anyone, if for any reason is unable to attend those early hours.

Hopefully some day, that person will make it possible to attend Bhakti in the Amritvela, as stated in posts above.

SSA.

Waheguru Ji,

4 hours ago, ragnarok said:

Amrit Vela doesn't imply that you shouldn't do simran 24/7 or that there is anything wrong with doing it at a different time or that you need to wait for that time.

It starts at around midnight until 6am, being most beneficial from midnight to 2am.

What is your source for this? 

I thought around 2-4 is the most beneficial time. ?

8 hours ago, ragnarok said:

Sant Isher Singh Bachans, I think it was on youtube or gurbaniupdesh. 

12-2am is the most beneficial

2-4am is slightly less

4-6am slightly less again

12am seems too early

its barely the next day. And I’ve heard Amrit Vera is only until 5am

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...