~ Babbu Mann New Revolutionary Album ~

SAadmin

There is quite bit of hype of new revolutionary album by babbu mann- Singh is better than king.

source: http://sikhactivist.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=160:singh-better-than-king&catid=59:blog&Itemid=52

Singh is better than king.

The rumours say he was a guerrilla fighter during the insurgency and uprising of peasants during 1984. A year ago, he would have been best known for his misogynistic tracks (exploitative and disrespectful of women) like "one night stand".

Fortunately...

Today, Babbu Maan's words speak about the trials and tribulations of the Punjab, how it being cheated and how its are stained with the blood of exploitated people. Touching on topics ranging from Farmers Rights, Centralized Power in Delhi to the Exploitation of Spirituality, Babbu Maan goes as far as calling for an armed revolution, giving all the more reason for why many of his songs have been banned in India (arguably an indication of what he's doing right)

Perhaps something has inspired Babbu Maan to reconcile his past and slowly began a trek towards the calls for justice that echo from the uprising of 1984. Whatever it is that has that inspired him, we should have seen it coming with movies like "Hawaaiyen" and music tracks like "Kabza".

Regardless, his upcoming project "Singh Better Than King" already gives a lot to look forward too and if we're lucky we'll be seeing the release of his rumoured movie "Shaheedi: Satwant Singh & Beant Singh". For more on his upcoming album and rumoured movie check out the promos below.

enjoy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o30ONxjuREE

I must say that although he has put out his fair share of garbage songs, he sometimes comes through with the odd song which deals with a lot of the social issues concerning Punjab.

For that I think he deserves some respect; unlike some of the buffoons such as Jazzy B who, besides a couple of dharmik albums, don't really address many issues in their songs.

Lets hope this album has something to say.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't agree with baba ranjit singh dhadrian wallay on this. for 2 reasons:

1) Babbu is a mona or a patit....don't know how that 'prevents' him from having an opinion. Unless the only people who go to so-called 'babay' are amritdhari...in which case, more prachar from rehitvaan gursikhs is required. mind you, I will not deny baba ranjit singh the right to his view either...I just don't agree with it.

2)Babbu wasn't being a literalist, he was just talking about guru nanak devji's saadgi and how some babbay are just faking it and 'pimping it'. I am sure there were horses and camels etc that were around in punjab prior to guru nanak....the argument wasn't strong.

I agree with drawrof there. Overall it appears babbu mannu song track is been taken out of context or shall i say hijacked?. I checked youtube.com typed in this track name, it came so many of customized videos where it appears devious people are hijacking his song and putting pictures of various sants in the sound track to make it seem like - its babbu mann who is putting pictures up or thats his representation. These devious people are using his song spew hatred against all the sants..Babbu mann does not represent those videos, he may have positive view on sants or sant ranjit singh ji dhandrianwale. I think clarification is needed from babbu mann as well about its context of this sound track. I am afraid, sooner or later nindaks will use his song lyrics to slate puratan real bhramgyani mahapursh by putting their pictures behind the sound track.

drawrof Ji,

You have hit the khanda on head and not only on the head but on the third eye. Anyhow, message of Babbu Maan's song is to expose fake Sants not real. I have great respect for true Sants and Brahmgyanis.

Also Baba Ji should stop taking 500/1000 rupees in India. They have picture of "Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi" who was Rodha/Mona. :)

Edited by bhooliya

This is exactly what i was saying as well earlier. Here is the post from balpreet singh of tapoban sahib:

This is an example of classic divide and rule that Sikhs let happen all so often.

I agree and accept that Babbu Maan is not a Gursikh. But at the same time he represents what Punjab's youth is like. The youth have love, respect and care for Sikhi in their heart whether they are keshdhari/amritdhari or not. Maan's songs reflect the voice and thoughts of every day Punjab's youth and the genuine Panthic concern they have.

I think this whole S. Dhandrianvala vs. Mann issue is useless. Maan hasn't mentioned S. Dhadrianvala in the song. The song should apply just as easily to Raam Rahim or Bhaniara vala. I think everyone with knowledge of Sikh issues recognizes that Baba-ism is a big problem that is a corrupting influence. It doesn't mean that genuine parcharaks are bad but at the same time, we can't turn a blind eye to Babas running personality cults.

Babbu Maan's songs are pro-Sikh (and also, importantly, anti-Indian establishment), whether he fits our ideal of a Sikh or not is not the issue. S. Dhadrianvalay also has a huge following and is doing good work. Maan's latest record was a good opportunity to use his very popular persona to educate and bring awareness to the youth in Punjab but instead, it's being used as a tool to split Sikhs into pro-Maan and pro-Dhadrianvala groups, when the two don't have opposite interests here. We let this sort of splitting happen all the time, be it on the lines of Jathebandis, or keshdhari/mona or even amritdhari vs. the rest. All of us who call ourselves Sikh have a lot more in common than we realize and we accomplish nothing by being divided against each other. I'll let you all think who IS gaining though. Doesn't take a genius.

In closing,

I'd have to agree with Balpreet singh and everyone else here. Punjab has been a place of fertility and constant struggle; this ethos is rapidly depleting as natural livelihood's such as agriculture are being uprooted and hedonism is being applauded by all.

I respect both Baba Ranjit Singh an Babbu Mann for grass root attempts of educating and empowering.

With all the videos on youtube specifically targeting Ranjit Singh, it is easy for Ranjit Singh to think that this song was made specifically for him by Babu Maan. Both Ranjit Singh and Babu Maan are innocent parties in this matter. Ranjit Singh is doing a great service by doing Prachar to the people of Punjab. People have alot of bad to say about him, but I think it is more because people have EERKHAA with Ranjit Singh being so young and a great speaker. I think that is why Prof Darshan Singh Ragi also lashed out at him so angrily a few years ago. These Kala Afghanists and Sikh missionaries are the main culprits behind these videos on youtube.

As for Babu maan’s new songs, I don’t think the GOI will appreciate these songs. I wouldn’t be surprised if they ban the album and label him an ISI agent or as Harjas Kaur would probably say “The Chinese and Pakistanis surely have something to do with this album”.

Also people, if you like and support the content of this album then please do your part in buying an original copy and support the artist. If you want people like Babu maan to make more such issue based songs then it is necessary that we support them instead of downloading (stealing) his songs for free. So do you part and support Babu Maan for this.

"With all the videos on youtube specifically targeting Ranjit Singh".

I don't think the Afghana crew is behind all the youth reaction, although they obviously are not going to miss this opportunity to get a few digs.

To say what others haven't, Babu Mann has irresponsibly thrown the baby out with the bathwater, and this is the inevitable result. A few voices of reason on this and other forums is not going to change this fact, or the resultant snowball.

Most Sikh youth in Punjab/Delhi couldn't give a hoot about Sikhi, which is why this popstar all of a sudden 'represents' the thoughts of the youth. In m opinion and experience, youth who want MTV culture, and see 'oldies/traditionalists/devotees' as an obstacle, jump on any bandwagon that challenges 'dharma'.

This is simply the extension of the lost 'dil saaf hona chaheeda' generation.

His song does not give any credit to the many Sants/Parchaarak who have devoted their life to spreading light. It would have been a sensible and commonsensical decision to do so. To me, this simply shows his lack of knowledge on issues 'Sikh'.

Unfortunately in a politically correct world, we have to pussyfoot around causing offence to anyone. How would the song sound if it had to name all the babas etc who werent abusing their power every other line? Some people just like screaming 'Abuse, slander, insults!' every time they hear something which makes them uncomfortable. The song doesnt really name anyone in particular so I'm surprised that some people are taking it as directed at them.

Shaheediyan,

I always enjoy engaging in dialogue with you, whether it is directly or through following your debates with others.

I respect your point of view here and see the efficacy of it, but I think this warrants a

discussion on how babbu mann sees himself here, because his own point of position will be indicative of who he is representing

1) is he representing sikhs? (those who practice)

2) is he representing sikhs? (those whose come from sikh households)

3) is he representing sikhs? (peasants who don't care about religion per se, but see this as an abuse of power)?

Likewise drawof ;)

I don't think Babbu Mann sees himself as representing any of the aforementioned.

I see him seeing himself as a 'parchaarak'... with a Sufi tinge (as do many folk singers of Punjab).

In that lies the irony of the whole situation, I wonder what colour 'Odi' our friend Babu drives...? Lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the breakthrough, check this original video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN0JMNZUq8I

Listen carefully, original sound track- gaddi kimti lali instead of pirated version you guys have been hearing which has kali audi la laie which was indicated sound track was directed towards sant ranjit singh dhandrainwale since he was only one who had black audi.