Why Is It That 95% of the girlz want non-turbanned sikhs?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate...chill down...those chicks rn't even worth ur time then...don't worry...God's got a plan for everyone...and like I said, ur prolly gonna get urself a soni/snukhi kurri that'll be wit u forever....the longer u wait, the better she'll be....God's testin u and u have to pass....

(patience is a virtue they say...:wink:)

I couldnt have said it better myself.

i want a singh with a dastaar when i get married- i respect singhs with dastaars- they look like guru ji's warriors man- but he has 2 be into sikhi and has to have the same interests as me! i know i'm asking alot but oh well! i'm a sikh gal- most of my friends cut their hair- i'm the exception and i'm proud to be- i dnt want 2 b a clone of dem gals with their hair up 2 shoulders, wearing long black coats, black trousers and tops from "Time"! To me my hair is a gift from GOd and my identity!

SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE!

I know the feeling, I used to worry about it.. but, as its been said before - Im happy with what ever waheguru believes is right for me. If that means being single, then thats what waheguru gets.

I dont think that will be the case, but I find my parents worry about it more than I do. Reason being, because Im not Amrithdari (yet) - hence the Amritdari community most likely wouldnt consider me, yet I've got a full beard hence my parents think most girls wouldnt consider me..

At first when I started growing my beard (I used to be a trim singh), I noticed that people started treating me differently... e.g. young couples would pretend that they wernt together etc (i found it kinda funny actually!)... and I was a little worrid that I was intimidating people, but now I dont get bothered about it... I think that also has something to do with learning from a 'past experience'.. Im not going down that route again.

yea u do get alot of respect when u wear Guru Jis gifted Crown...

I even have goreyz sayn to me i really like ure dastar, how do u do it, its beautiful. once this man at the bank was surprised or should i impressed to see a girl wearn a dastar and asked me i thought it was only men who wore it, and like cuz he was thinkn y would a girl wear that now in this age...so i had to tell him about sikhi and man that was cool...

and man ppl do get inspired whether u feel it or not...its a beautiful feeling, my fam's not so religous, jst me and my sis are amritdari, and inspite the fact that i was born in the sikhi religion, i only found out abt it deeply, when i started listening to kathaz and kirtan, man b4 i used to wander everyday wat life is, i felt like i was lost and lookn for something and jst couldnt get it...i know now that it was sikhi and my sikhi saroop that Guru Ji blessed me wid...when i look in da mirror today and see me in Bana i feel blessed...yea and i jst wish i could do something or help my age yougsters feel the same way, but jst dont know how?...

B4 i started wearn dastar man evryday was a bad hair day for me, lol, but now everyday i wear my Crown and feel soo royal...i wish my other bros and sis's (mone or not) could feel this feeling one day too...thats my ardas to God & Guru Ji...

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguroo Ji Ki Fateh

VAHEGURU JEE KA KHALSA

VAHEGURU JEE KEE FATHEH!

pritam and jatti, these boards aren't for ashiqi and hooking up...kirpa karke, lets all please keep that stuff out of here..sorry for sounding harsh i still love u sangatees, but you know the deal..

moving on....gurujee's got a plan for us all, who really cares about finding a mate.. who cares about whoever we're going to marry -- THIS certainly isn't the right time to be thinking about such stuff anyhow... there are so many other things to life that are so much more rewarding to talk and think about, it's fine to talk about this stuff but we shouldn't let it bother or consume us - i personally don't really care about this marriage crap, if i get married it'll be because i have to... hah..

otherwise, i'll be happy without a 'singh of my own' (eew that doesnt sound right) as long as i have sangat and dashmesh pita jee in my life... if HE wants me to have a singh in my life then whatever i'll do it for him but otherwise, who cares...

to the person that posted this, you're looking in the wrong places veer... and honestly, you don't even NEED to look..if he's got a girl in store for you, he'll bring that gursikh love to YOUR door, rather than u having to go and look..til then, whateverrrrrrrrrr mann dont even worry abt it

IMHO theres a balance between "do everything yourself, there is no fate" and "sit back and chill, everything will come to you". i think its "make an effort and with gurus kirpa guru ji will bless you with what u want".

guruji already knows the day we will die, take amrit, get married, and every tiny detail in our life. essentially i think we are just "puppets" in his "play".....even if we are about to do something which we believe we have the choice on......i tink guruji knows which choice we will make cuz he is all knowing and all pervading

i cnt remember exactly i think in kirtan sohila it says something like my day of marriage is predestined, pour the oil over the threshold or something, but i cud b wrong. there are a few others i cant remember.

bottom line is......god is **totally** all powerful.....he knows everything.....to suggest god doesnt know what u will do even before u do it is an injustice to his infinite perfection

I think the quote Soulja is referring to is 'sambat saahaa likhya mil kar paavhu tayl' (trans. The day of my wedding is pre-ordained. Come, gather together and pour oil over the threshold)....I think it's in reference to the day of death (?)

The proof that god knows your future is in Mool Mantr though....Waheguru is timeless, meaning he exists outside past, present, and future. Whether something happens in the future or in the past, it's all the same to Him....So even if you don't know what ur gonna be doing, He does :)

Fateh

wolverhampton sikh glas??? I have lived in wolves for 15years... and i aint met even ONE...! Sangat i keep are from bham and london and anywhere else... but not wolves. U will find many brothers though!!!!!! There are bare bibi/aunti-ya but not youg ladys...!!! Not that i know of anyway. But even if there were, they keep hush hush cus wolverhmapton is MASHEDDDDDD :(

if anyone should be worrying about getting married-shud b me....the number of amritdhari girls to guys here is like 10 to none.....so no singhs for me......well anyway all u singhs don't need to worry bout this-not all the girls r on sikhnet or gurmat or whatever-yeah plus after readin sum of 'em those ppl can't b serious.....most of 'em jus want nri's so they can come abroad-i wudn't want sum1 to marry me jus to come to the u.s.....