Vitamin D Deficiency In Brown People Living In The West

dalsingh101

Regarding the earlier discussion on magic. I don't think it's wise to rule out magical explanations all the time. Don't make that the #1 explanation, sure, but certainly have open space for that possibility, in case it arises.

Our education is a certain type of education, one where there is no space for magic. So we are taught from childhood not to believe that stuff and we are given rigid explanations of the universe from authority figures (teachers) citing other authority figures (scientists in textbooks). However magical things do happen, and when they do the "educated" folks usually cannot accept it as the case. They will actively deny what is in front of them because they are so opposed to it.

I mean there are magical stories and anecdotes even in Guru Granth Sahib. We are sikh and we are supposed to read them, understand them, believe them and use them to advance to a higher spiritual level. How does education help understand these stories in Guru Granth Sahib?

It doesn't. In fact, it makes you opposed to them. You get so involved in questioning them that you miss the point of why they are even there to begin with.

This is not the fault of "educating" as a process for learning, which is a good thing. Rather it is the fault of the type of education we are given, a strictly materialistic, rigid, anti-magical, and maybe even anti-spiritual type of education.

How does that relate to Vit D deficiency?

Oh okay:

I'd still be more concerned about Vit D deficiency (especially as a brown person in a European country) , than all that. 

Oh okay:

I'd still be more concerned about Vit D deficiency (especially as a brown person in a European country) , than all that. 

Well for Vit D defeciency you can easily get a hold of supplements, and you put a few drops in your food. Done.
Also not all brown people are equally brown. The wheatish ones can probably go without.

The "all that" is much more difficult to deal with than Vit D. I'm more concerned about "all that" as it ties directly to spirituality and healthy lifestyle as well.