Looking For Gurbani Steeks

if you are in GTA area go to the store, Sacha Sauda. http://www.sacha-sauda.ca/

It has every type of book you could imagine, sikhi related. It has most Steeks that are available and see what suits your taste, you can get from Bhai Sahib Singhs, to Satogali (Giani Kirpal Singh).

Check it out, its an excellent source for Sikhi related material. I get all my books from there.

if you are in GTA area go to the store, Sacha Sauda. http://www.sacha-sauda.ca/

It has every type of book you could imagine, sikhi related. It has most Steeks that are available and see what suits your taste, you can get from Bhai Sahib Singhs, to Satogali (Giani Kirpal Singh).

Check it out, its an excellent source for Sikhi related material. I get all my books from there.

thank you, what steeks would you recommend? i would like something where the panjabi isnt to complex for a start.

mahasamadhi,

its best to go take a trip down to Sacha Sauda, its off of Steels road, and see what you like for yourself

The Giani Kirpal Singh (Satogali) Steek provides for historical stories that go along with certain shabads to provide context for the shabad. Many find that very beneficial.

The most basic one is Sahib Singh's, and is generally what most people use. However because he interprets Gurbani from his own understanding of Grammer in Gurbani, this leads to small differences here and there from traditional understanding of Gurbani.

Either way you can't go wrong really, its all good I think, just get what you like, whats easiest to read etc. I believe Sacha Sauda also has the first pothi (volume) of the Damdami Taksal steek of Guru Granth Sahib. This steek has Japji Sahib, Rehraas, and KIrtan Sohila. The Punjabi is meant to be not that complicated, but it is extremely extremely indepth, as in they give many different interpretations/meanings for various lines.

Best thing to do is just check out the shop, I love it, I always end up picking up a box full of books I go visit.