The Power Of Cowpats In Punjab

Not sure if some people should watch this straight after dinner....lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlJazeeraEnglish#p/search/9/WQ5ePAbqlGY

It's one response to the fossil fuel problem. I really hope the shoveller gets paid a decent wage.........he deserves it.

He won't be paid a decent wage sadly, but we can't judge or observe traditions in India with western eyes, his job is not such a big deal there over there, and he is probably appreciative he has it.

Our great grandparents (and even grandparents in many cases) kept their Maja(n) and would have done the same on a much scaled down basis to provide cooking fuel, fertiliser, building material (mixed with straw etc) amongst other things. In those days, most people in Punjab were poor i.e. ksaan, thrkhaan, lohaar, shimbai, chumaar etc, and the recent (last few generations) fad of having servants was not so common, people did most chores for themselves.

One of my earliest memories is of my mum and masi making puttay [??] at my grandpa's place, from what looked like a giant mountain of cowshit to me at the time. hee hee

Edited by dalsingh101