Sikh Stabbed To Death While Protecting A Victim Of Crime

Sorry, I may have missed it above, but could someone please provide a name/contact number of a trusted person whom dontations for the family can be entrusted to, for those that want to help.

Many thanks.

It's nice to hear everyone (English folk) at my workplace unanimously and genuinely takling of Bhai Sahib as a hero and feeling for his family in India. Inside, most ordinary person (irrelevant of background) are inspired by Singh Sahibs decision to stand up to thuggery.

Edited by shaheediyan

this is good that we all have a heart to help this great Singh veer who sacrificed his life for a cause of righteousness, we also need to pressurise the law agencies to have a probe in this matter and the criminals to be brought to the book of law. We should promise ourselves that we will not let this sacrifice go waste.

There should be efforts from all of us to bring justice and 'avenge' the death of our singh veer.

Truth is, compared to more affluent areas murders are not infrequent in the East End and surrounding areas. I'm sure the police (or at least I hope) will be scouring the ever growing cctv cameras in the area.

The fool that did this probably never expected to be chased down and probably thought that this would be a quick snatch and grab. The incident also brings to mind how quickly a well placed blow with a shaster can end a life. I don't think Singh was expecting the guy to be armed.

Guys i started to bring up an online petition to send our feelings to the Prime minister UK. I signed up on a official website http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/

My petition was rejected and i got this message :

Hi,

I'm sorry to inform you that your petition has been rejected.

Your petition was classed as being in the following categories:

* Issues for which an e-petition is not the appropriate

channel

Further information: This is a matter for the police.

If you wish to edit and resubmit your petition, please follow

the following link:

Veers please visit for supporting this cause : http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/justiceforuk

Brother, although I understand your intention, I have to say I can't help but feel that this recent trend by UK Sikhs to initiate petitions to the government, which then get a few hundred signatures (sometimes less), is counterproductive. Sikh Sangat are notorious for this. We need to find more effective methods.

No disrespect.

Edited by dalsingh101

i agree with you dal veera , the only motive is spreading word about this keeping it fresh in HEADS which are otherwise forgetful. What happened to the burning of the Gurdwara sahib incident ? its now long forgotten.

there is a lot of anger inside veera...i wish i could something more . you suggest me what can i do ? i am away in India.

Jaikara veera, I know what you mean. I don't live a million miles away from the incident so it's given me extra cause for thought and it is hard not to feel somewhat down as well as angry about it. I haven't got any solution other than listening to Sukhmani Sahib brother.

Knife crime and violence by youths is not uncommon in the area. I think the brother being from back home may have been a bit innocent to this. I'm sure there will be some formal way to contribute towards the families financial security announced soon.

Edited by dalsingh101

I have been informed by the gurdwara that the body will be released early next week to be sent back. They are planning a formal programme in his honour, inc Akhand/Sehej Paath and kirtan. Date to be announced.

Re: Donations/Funds

First off please DO NOT start giving money to any Tommy, Bittu or Hari Singh who claims to be collecting on behalf of the family. On SS.com someone posted the Mama's mobile number to send money to. Don't do this! I don't think he really wants to be chatting to strangers at the moment about monies.

The gurdwara is asking people to hold off giving money to them for the time being. It is not just a straightforward as you think. They need to set up infrastructure with bank a/c's in UK and India, issue reciepts, and generally account for any donations etc. (I'm sure the last thing they want is for the sangat to be accusing the committee of 'hera-pheri' with the money.

They are planning, at this stage to have the sangat donate any money on the day of the programme only, where it will be counted and deposited in bank a/c straight away.

If however , you want to give money sooner (not advised) or later then ensure you get a reciept and make cheques payable to "Singh Sabha London East Gurdwara".

There are certain organisations collecting for the family. as far as I'm aware, they haven't been authorised. If you do donate through them again make sure you get receipts.

Any further questions - fire away!

PS if someone with an account with SS.com could post this there it would be appreciated.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

For anyone who wants to donate money to Bhai Sukhwinder Singh's family, the Khalsa Aid peeps are making arrangements:

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh,

The Khalsa Aid team feel great regret and remorse at the passing of this young Gursikh, but also pride by his actions. We also feel a responsibility to act to acknowledge his actions and remedy the effects on his family. We have received numerous calls from our donors request...ing us to do something for this brave Sardar’s family.

We are also honoured to have been contacted by Gurughars across the country, nominating us as a trusted UK registered charity to conduct a collection on their behalf.

Having met twice with President of the Barking Gurdwara, and also with Sukhwinder’s family in the UK, we can now announce that we have the blessings from the family and national Gurudwaras. We can now openly appeal for donations to contribute towards a fund for his immediate family (wife and only child in Punjab, India).

We recommend donations by Cheque or PayPal, and will be publishing on our website, FaceBook and Internet forums a list of all the donations (initials of the donor and amount) for maximum transparency.

For donations by PayPal please include in the "special instructions" that you are donating for the Sukhwinder Singh’s Family Fund so we can differentiate from donations for other projects.

For donations by cheque please include your full name and address as well as again a brief note that you are donating for the Sukhwinder Singh’s Family Fund.

For donations by Bank Transfer please drop us an email afterwards giving us the details of how much you donated so you can be added to the list.All details including bank details, e-mail addresses and phone numbers can be found:

http://www.khalsaaid.org/donate.html

Khalsa aid volunteers already scheduled to go to Punjab next month (oversee and expand our existing projects in Punjab) will personally hand deliver the collection to the family.

A full update with pictures and video will be provided on our return.

Please donate generously with confidence.

Ravinder Singh (Chairman)

Mobile: +44 (0) 790 3578 250

E-mail: ravisingh@khalsaaid.org

www.khalsaaid.org