Meditation - My Experiance, Am I Allowed To Share?

The harmonic sound is still there at the night time. My stomach definitely feels upset over the past few days and I recently seem to be breaking out in hot flushes randomly. However the discomfort has moved up from the lower abdomen below the navel to just below the rib cage. Will continue to observe and take some wind reduction remedies to see if it helps.

Still playing around with trying to activate sukhmana breathing.

Edited by Sat1176

thanks for this great seva ji,

I wanted to share this with everyone because i know it will help us when doing simran. Below are 14 videos of Bhia Dalip Singh Darveshi, who expliens the stages he went through while doing simran with his over 20 years of experience. He also removes many diffculties we will have please listen to all the 14 videos and save them to your computer this is valuable Waheguru

I am not sure if I should write this but think I might have just experienced something.

I was lying down on the sofa just thinking about waheguru when I had this urge to do simran. I started the jaap and my voice sounded so clear. I became totally engrossed in the sound and then all of a sudden my voice and breath suddenly merged into perfect union all by them self without me trying to force it. Then it felt like a ball of energy started shooting up and down inside of me between my chest and navel. It was really powerful. All of a sudden I became aware of what was happening to me so I stopped out of fear. I'm still a little shaken up by the experience.

With Guru's grace I think I had a first experience of jaap entering the heart (wondering if this is what is meant by jaap in the hirda). With Guru's kirpa on most occasions the jaap travels between the Navel and my chest in an up and down motion as I breath. Was given bit of an extra push and it entered the heart literally on the left side. All of a sudden I could feel my heart pumping really strong as if I was having some kind of heart attack. The heart beat became totally synchronised with the jaap, to the point I couldn't recite jaap verbally anymore and became too aware of the heart pumping like it was going to explode. It wanted to speed up the jaap but I slowed my breathing down and the sensation began to reside.

I must admit the first time these new sensation takes place it can totally shake you because one has never experienced them before.

I've been watching this sensation recently which seems to happen after a few minutes of japing and have just realised what is happening. Powerful diaphragmatic movement/breathing is automatically engaging and perfectly synchronizing with the jaap. That is giving the sensation of a strong up down motion between chest and stomach. The diaphragm is acting like a vaja.

I wonder if this is what guru ji was hinting at.

Ang 174

O Lord, the music of the praanic wind is deep within, O my Lord of the Universe; as the Lord Himself plays this music, so does it vibrate and resound.

har antar vaajaa pa-un hai mayray govindaa har aap vajaa-ay ti-o vaajai jee-o.

O Lord, the treasure of the Naam is deep within, O my Lord of the Universe; through the Word of the Guru`s Shabad, the Lord God is revealed.

har antar naam niDhaan hai mayray govindaa gur sabdee har parabh gaajai jee-o.

Ang 922

The Lord placed the soul to the cave of the body, and blew the breath of life into the musical instrument of the body.

har jee-o gufaa andar rakh kai vaajaa pavan vajaa-i-aa.

He blew the breath of life into the musical instrument of the body, and revealed the nine doors; but He kept the Tenth Door hidden.

vajaa-i-aa vaajaa pa-un na-o du-aaray pargat kee-ay dasvaa gupat rakhaa-i-aa.

Through the Gurdwara, the Guru`s Gate, some are blessed with loving faith, and the Tenth Door is revealed to them.

gurdu-aarai laa-ay bhaavnee iknaa dasvaa du-aar dikhaa-i-aa.

Ang 1260

The breath vibrates through this frail body; the Gurmukh obtains the ambrosial nectar.

dayhee kaachee pa-un vajaa-ay gurmukh amrit paa-ee.

Ang 351 : Guru Nanak Dev ji

The Name has no form or outline; it vibrates with the unstruck Sound Current; through the Word of the Shabad, the Immaculate Lord is revealed.

tis roop na raykh anaahad vaajai sabad niranjan kee-aa.

One can speak on this only when he knows it.

karay vakhi-aan jaanai jay ko-ee.

He alone drinks in the Ambrosial Nectar. Pause

amrit peevai so-ee.rahaa-o.

Those who drink it in are enraptured; their bonds and shackles are cut away.

jinH pee-aa say masat bha-ay hai tootay banDhan faahay.

When one`s light blends into the Divine Light, then the desire for Maya is ended.

jotee jot samaanee bheetar taa chhoday maa-i-aa kay laahay.

Among all lights, I behold Your Form; all the worlds are Your Maya.

sarab jot roop tayraa daykhi-aa sagal bhavan tayree maa-i-aa

Among the tumults and forms, He sits in serene detachment; He bestows His Glance of Grace upon those who are engrossed in the illusion.

raarai roop niraalam baithaa nadar karay vich chhaa-i-aa.

The Yogi who plays on the instrument of the Shabad gains the Blessed Vision of the Infinitely Beautiful Lord.

beenaa sabad vajaavai jogee darsan roop apaaraa

He, the Lord, is immersed in the Unstruck Shabad of the Word, says Nanak, the humble and meek.

sabad anaahad so saho raataa naanak kahai vichaaraa.

Edited by Sat1176

This last video in the series really elegantly explains the importance and significance of mantra jaap. Must watch if your passionate about Waheguru jaap.Hopefully you will gain even more faith and love for it. Was really nice to hear Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji mentioned a few times with pangtis from gurbani.

If your interested in learning about states of Ishwar and Brahm and the journey to turiya avasta then watch the earlier parts. I was surprised to learn that "unmani" refers to the stage between waking and dreaming. There are references to unman in gurbani but I never quite understood what it meant beyond inward mind

Enjoy

Waheguru

Edited by Sat1176

Very interesting point bro regarding unmaan, can you please post references from gurbani regarding unmaan. One of senior gurmukh mentioned this word unman to me, i had idea what it meant but never knew its state between waking and dream.

Search this post for unman. I posted a couple of pangtis with it in.

Ang 332, Bhagat Kabir ji

One who remains dead while yet alive, will live even after death; thus he merges into the Primal Void of the Absolute Lord.

jeevat marai marai fun jeevai aisay sunn samaa-i-aa.

Remaining pure in the midst of impurity, he will never again fall into the terrifying world-ocean. ||1||

anjan maahi niranjan rahee-ai bahurh na bhavjal paa-i-aa. ||1||

O my Lord, this is the milk to be churned.

mayray raam aisaa kheer bilo-ee-ai.

Through the Guru`s Teachings, hold your mind steady and stable, and in this way, drink in the Ambrosial Nectar. ||1||Pause||

gurmat manoo-aa asthir raakho in biDh amrit pee-o-ee-ai. ||1|| rahaa-o.

The Guru`s arrow has pierced the hard core of this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, and the state of enlightenment has dawned.

gur kai baan bajar kal chhaydee pargati-aa pad pargaasaa.

In the darkness of Maya, I mistook the rope for the snake, but that is over, and now I dwell in the eternal home of the Lord. ||2||

sakat aDhayr jayvrhee bharam chookaa nihchal siv ghar baasaa. ||2||

Maya has drawn her bow without an arrow, and has pierced this world, O Siblings of Destiny.

tin bin baanai Dhanakh chadhaa-ee-ai ih jag bayDhi-aa bhaa-ee.

The drowning person is blown around in the ten directions by the wind, but I hold tight to the string of the Lord`s Love. ||3||

dah dis boodee pavan jhulaavai dor rahee liv laa-ee. ||3||

The disturbed mind has been absorbed in the Lord; duality and evil-mindedness have run away.

unman manoo-aa sunn samaanaa dubiDhaa durmat bhaagee.

Says Kabeer, I have seen the One Lord, the Fearless One; I am attuned to the Name of the Lord. ||4||2||46||

kaho kabeer anbha-o ik daykhi-aa raam naam liv laagee. ||4||2||46||

Edited by Sat1176

You mean waking and turiya?

What time does he mention Guru Nanak? I wana hear what he says. :D

There are 4 levels of consciousness : waking | dreaming | deep sleep | turiya (aka chota pad)

The transition line between waking and dreaming is called unmani.

Line between dreaming and deep sleep is called aladani

3rd line is samadhi of which there are numerous types.

Diagram on this page http://www.swamij.com/om.htm

This was all explained in part 6 or 7

Transition between Waking and Dreaming: There is a transition stage between Waking and Dreaming states (or between Conscious and Unconscious states). The name of this transition stage of consciousness is Unmani. Unmani does not just refer to the personal experience between Waking and Dreaming. Rather, it is the name of that transition level of consciousness itself. (Like many words, the word Unmani is used in different ways. In other contexts, it is also used to mean Samadhi or Turiya.)

Edited by Sat1176

I'm glad that you mentioned this 'Unmani' stage.

I have mostly tried to pay attention to this for a while..............(If it is what i'm talking about?)-

- Sometimes after a good length of time in simran and especially at amrit vela between 2-3.30am I find that I can get sleepy. What happens is that your body starts going to sleep but you are actually aware that you are not asleep and neither are you fully awake (it's like when you try to stay awake but do it all with the mind and not by physically moving or waking yourself)............ it's that very short space of time or transition BEFORE one fully nods off and starts dreaming, - that's probably the easiest way to try and explain it.

However, it is the being AWARE of your AWARENESS (really got to think what i'm saying here!) - *Aware of your Awareness* which may only last a few seconds or a little longer if you try and lock yourself into that stage. - Sometimes, I try and do just this and it is my personal dose of 'Samadhi' as I call it.(my personal little glimpse of a sample dose I think!)

I can sometimes manage to stay in that stage for a good few minutes and I try to prolong it as much as I can until i'm back to full alertness -(Not asleep, because I have never fallen into sleep here , its always towards full alertness until the next bout)

I also find that there are no thoughts except for a deep immersion in the shabad for that period of time.

Somewhere I had heard or read that this is an important stage of amrit vela that one should aim for ? - I can't remember who actually said that though !

This is also the time that I have probably heard the anhat naad at the Max sound and vibration, and I think it is also the time that we can have darshan with his grace and kirpa.

Then there is another stage that I find and i'm not too sure about, if any of you experience this at all? -

- It's when I may be fully asleep at night and just turning over sides whereby my eyes may open just for a second to maybe look at the clock or something - (NOTE that this is one of those stages where you can be dreaming and then you wake suddenly but you have not been awake so fully that you can usually go back into the same dream and continue where you left off )-

At these moments what I find is that, I will just do waheguru jaap a few times or recite a random shabad or even praise waheguru.. ..The funny thing is that it is my subconscious that does this because I know I didn't even make an effort or instigate it intentionally because sometimes I will wake and then realize what I was just saying and then think to myself ''how come I said that?''

For example.... this morning I woke for a fraction of a second whilst turning sides in my bed and I must have seen a glimpse of the fog(dhundh) outside. and then I started saying 'Satguru Nanak pargat aya mitti DHUNDH jag chanan hoya..) - I couldn't even remember that it happened but my wife told me this morning as I have been asking lately 'what did I say last night ?'

because, I have learnt that I do this a lot more frequently throughout the night than I previously imagined.

I'm probably just blabbing a little here and i'm not even sure if this is a dose or form of UNMANI. But it is something that I have only began to take notice of in the last year or so.

Edited by Lucky

Amazing Lucky, thanks for sharing. From what little I know it is great your doing simran till you fall asleep. If you manage to keep your consciousness awake yet your body falls asleep then I think your progressing towards the stage called sunn. I have experienced that a couple of times when I do simran on the train on my way to work. I can feel my head has dropped as if nodding off yet I am fully awake within, very strange feeling indeed. If you can hear the anhad shabad in the sunn then it is even better.

Believe this is what they meant by dying in the shabad. I often wonder why so much emphasis is put on amrit vela hours. Yes it's quiet peaceful and your mind might be more still in the early hours because you don't have all the thoughts of the day but I also think it is directing you to do simran at the time so your consciousness slips between being awake and sleep more easily.

Dhan Ho Guru Kay Pyaray

Edited by Sat1176

This is a great thread, and very inspirational. It feels good when people like sat, lucky etc talk about real practical things that are helpful. Thanks for sharing the tips , ideas and experiences. I just wanted to comment on the link of Swami Rama's Video. I feel its absolutely inspiring and motivational in terms of Japa Yoga, and reinforced the importance of naam japna once again for me. I had read his book Himalayan master long time ago. But that particular video out of all his videos was very motivational and full of devotion.

My Mind is now firm in belief that Gurmantra & Moolmantra alone will be my Guide now and thereafter.

This last video in the series really elegantly explains the importance and significance of mantra jaap. Must watch if your passionate about Waheguru jaap.Hopefully you will gain even more faith and love for it. Was really nice to hear Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji mentioned a few times with pangtis from gurbani.

If your interested in learning about states of Ishwar and Brahm and the journey to turiya avasta then watch the earlier parts. I was surprised to learn that "unmani" refers to the stage between waking and dreaming. There are references to unman in gurbani but I never quite understood what it meant beyond inward mind

Enjoy

Waheguru

Thanks for the amazing link!

I'm sitting here at nearly 1am in the labour ward. Waheguru is sending down another soul into this world and trusting us with its seva. I hope it's a spiritual atma. Can't wait to teach it what I didn't know when I was a child.

Waheguru Waheguru and more Waheguru and only Waheguru

CONGRATSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sitting here at nearly 1am in the labour ward. Waheguru is sending down another soul into this world and trusting us with its seva. I hope it's a spiritual atma. Can't wait to teach it what I didn't know when I was a child.

Congrats bro, welcome to parenthood :D

Waheguru blessed us with a beautiful baby boy yesterday as I write this after the most gruelling 3 days of my life . Thanks for all the congrats. I've been observing the little fella in the early hours of his life and all his random two second cries the back to sleep and think to myself is his liv still with waheguru. How so innocent and pure his mind must be. Edited by Sat1176

Congratulations veer Ji.Do not let the child that Waheguru gave you be misled and stray onto a bad path.Always stay in nimrita and be grateful to Waheguru because Waheguru can take the child away.Now do a sehaj path and try making the child hear every word of the pavitaar bani.Do ardaas that the child will be of high gursikhi jeevan.Take him to the panj pyare and give him choola Amrit.Teach the child all that you know and make him love doing simran,seva,kirtan,gurbani etc at a small age.Dont let society get to your child first.Society will mess your child up.Keep your child in line.Love your child as well.Dont spoil him.Have a happy life with your child :)

I've been playing around with this sukhmana awaking techniques of focusing on the inactive nostril and trying to open it up. When it feels actiive focusing on the underside of the nose between both nostrils. Seemed to notice my breath wasn't so smooth . After a while of practicing the breath did reach a smooth clear passage. When this happens coupled with the gurmantra, it was an intense feeling. Mind becomes quite still and focused on the gurmantra and a lot more one pointed. If one picks up speed with the jaap then both lungs start really inflating and I actually felt a little light headed. Better to take thing slowly I guess.

My technique up till now has generally been saying Wahe slight pause then say Guru with inhale/exhale. However yesterday I tried with out a pause, so as soon and the breath reaches the end of inhale or exhale you immediately you start the other. Both inhale and exhale are the same duration. Instead of being up down sensation with the breath it changed to feeling like the jaap became a continuous circle with the gurmantra in the middle. It felt really really good so much so that I felt like I was sitting at the bottom of whirlwind spinning with Waheguru. Was like pressure was building up inside of me and I was about to take off. The one pointed focus on the gurmantra was even more intense and divine. Wow what a rush!! Since these are all new experiences so didn't push too hard or fast. Just getting comfortable with these new sensations so not to get too ahead of myself. My only concern is that these can generate a lot of heat within the body which I hear can cause problems if not managed properly. So best to take it slow. Feeling some butterflies in my lower abdomen today. Might be just be something dodgy I ate or who knows...

First of all. Congrats and welcome to parenthood ! :)

Hope all is well and I know that some personal time and space will have to be sacrificed for a while. Your wife will also need all the support that you can give until it gets a little steady.

All the best.. :)

Anyway, I've been focusing on the sushnama recently after we started some exercises in my kundalini class last week.

I've noticed that sometimes I can get the balance during the day but this is always forced with some physical techniques.

The basics are that the left represents the moon, cooling and calming whilst the right is the Sun, heating and energy full, and we do have references in gurbani that mention these and make a little more sense if you know what the moon and sun represent respectively.

Although I am still playing around with it, I have noticed a few things................-

The main thing is that they seem to alternate throughout the day and sometimes there will be more breathing through the left and sometimes more through the right.

Earlier on, I actually felt that I shall never experience the equal and central breathing even if I tried !

So, I started to just pay more attention to it at different times of the day or during/after different tasks like before eating, after eating, when fully awake, when feeling tired...AND before, during and after simran.

What I noticed was that most of the time during simran and when my focus has settled and become steady, then the breathing seems to become more central and balanced or via the sushnama as they say.

It seems to stay that way for about an hour or a few hours ,but soon gets imbalanced again.

In effect, I noticed that when doing deep simran and getting that steadiness, which is when all thoughts become controlled on to the focus and mind doesn't wander, then the breathing itself gets balanced equally.

-This is a little opposite to the technique of balancing and breathing through sushnama and then becoming more steady ?

So, whenever I knew my mind was steady and not jumping into thoughts, my breathing was also perfectly balanced !!!!

NOTE- I was told by my instructor that it helps to remain in a balanced pose with your weight and center of gravity being as central as possible.

So, I try and sit in the lotus position and make sure that I am not leaning too much to the left or the right and that the weight is also equal on each buttock :rolleyes: !

What I have noticed and found very interesting (although it may just be fluke or chance!) is that it seems to get balanced quite easily every time I do simran at Amritvela. However, if I do simran at other times of the day then it may happen or it may not !

I have always personally felt that amritvela simran is more deep and I get much more anand, but I thought it was probably just my thinking or assuming this (or even wanting to assume?) . But this balanced breathing of sushmana has definitely proven to me that my mind is more focused and steady at amritvela and it is for sure more than just the heavenly hour !!

((Another reason and incentive to get me up between 2.30-4.30)) :D:P

Does anyone have the steady centralized breathing at all times ??

I don't know, I'm sill learning and trying to find out -what it's all about !

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa!!WaheguruJiKiFateh!!

wadaiyaan gursikha lakh wadaiyaan !! :)

22ji please have waheguru mantar being recited or bani 24x7 or as much as possible near little kid :)

because the kid learns so much at this tender age and refrain from cartoons etc, just 2 cents :)

rest you can see Thakur singh ji's video for rehat

and yes i agree please take pabi ji and your kid to take chula of amrit from panj pyaare :)

and

put your kid in feet of nirankar Sri Guru granth sahib ji

as offering

panj pyaare will name him :)

i dont know anything about meditation but thought i might share with a new papa ji :D lol

The harmonic sound is still there at the night time. My stomach definitely feels upset over the past few days and I recently seem to be breaking out in hot flushes randomly. However the discomfort has moved up from the lower abdomen below the navel to just below the rib cage. Will continue to observe and take some wind reduction remedies to see if it helps.

Still playing around with trying to activate sukhmana breathing.

We have been staying with my parents for the past week since my son has come home. I sometimes hear the harmonic sound in my old bedroom at night. The skeptic in me had this tiny doubt the sound was result of electrical wires or even air in pipes in my own place. But the sound is almost identical in another property so I'm ruling out it not localised to the place where I live. Hope everyone else is progressing with their naam simran for mine has taken bit of a hit since the little one's birth. I'm beginning to find out first hand what they mean by moh, gosh I'm becoming so attached to the little Singh it frightens me, in a good way that is.