Meditation - My Experiance, Am I Allowed To Share?

Dear Lucky,

we should up keep our efforts always, and be alert like soldiers on the invisible mischiefs, the mind can play and cheat us.

The mind is a very obedient and faithful servant of his master Kal Purukh, by keeping us distracted here, so that we may never ever think even by mistake of Akal Purukh.

And since we stepped in this creation, we have been slaves of this very mind, to the extent that most of us do not distinguish our true nature as souls, and act as we are mind alone.

It is in the holy company of Gurmukhs, Sadh and Sant Janas, that we come to be conscious of our true nature, as souls, only then we take the correct steps to move towards our Father´s House, Sach Khand.

Bani is there, but let us be honest, how many of us practice what the Bani says? I would say, one in a million, or even half in a millon...

It is by good luck, being a wadbhagee, a blessing from Wahiguru, that one gets the Sadh Sangat.

Most of us take the Bani as theory, we just look to it superficially...nobody bothers to take out the gems from it, and thus straighten and enrich their paupper lives.

Just by reading, doing pujas, paaths, fastings and pilgrimages...we think we have accomplished sikhi.

But that is not Gurmat.

We, like other religions, have turned our attention outwards. And the teachings of our Guru Sahibans, have been limited between the four walls of our narrow minds.

So the essence, the real "anmol khazana of Nam" which is within each and everyone of us, we do not derive any benefits from it, thus waste our precious lives, running after shadows and go empty handed.

The mind which you have mentioned, is no small thing. It has formed the habit of running out since aeons, so naturally it does not want to be quiet within..it is always running and seeking pleasures .... and also craving for desires to be fulfilled.... If one or two desires have been fulfilled from already its long list...it is again creating many many more...and so this cycle goes on, so ultimately we souls, are the loosers.

Keeping in mind, these cravings for pleasures, Gurmukhs tell us the secret, to overpower and defeat the mind.

They tell us, to make this mind taste the Amrit of Nam, and then it will be so absorbed and blissfull by this savoury, that it will stop running outwards and downwards.

Then it will be our friend, and instead of running after the insipid tastes of the poisnous pleasures, it will want to have only this real taste of Nam.

The Bani says: Prabh Ka Simran, maan kee mal jae. The abhyaas of Nam Simran, will wash away the impurities of the mind, making it inmaculate.

By the holy practice of Nam Simran, we defeat the mind. The mind comes to rest peacefully at its origin which is Trikuti, and then the soul is liberated from its clutches, and also the coverings of astral and causal bodies, thus crosses Parbraham....and proceeds forward towards Sach Khand without the obstacles of mind and maya, which are left behind in Trikuti, the skirts of Braham.

From Parbraham onwards, the Gurmukh reveals His real swaroop as Shabd Guru, to His sikh, His chela, our soul, and guides him, with His power and Jot, up to the very Sach Khand.

This has to be so, as per the Bani of our Guru Sahibans. That is why it says: Sant sung, Prabh anter deetha.Or do we think, that by our "chaturaee", we can get hold of Him, He who is Nirankar?

Lucky, your case is a little bit unusual. Because your experiences are due to your "kamaee" of past birth/s. It is not normal to achieve these experiences in that short time. You are resuming from where you left previously. You are not starting from zero. Usually it takes a lifetime or more to achieve what you are going recently.

It is also a sign of His unlimited Daya Meher on you, so I will only advise you, do not ever leave your spiritual practices under any circumstances, and if possoble increase them more... you will be amazed with what you will get, it can not be described in words ...it is beyond imagination.

Thank Him constantly for His grace, in the form of abhyaas...this is only, what He expects from us.

Edited by harsharan000

I've been try focus on the anhad sounds over the past few days. Trying to get my mind to just listen to it. It is becoming easier and I find it quite easy to listen to it during the night. I just put my dhyan on the right and it starts within a short while. Odd thing is that when I'm not at home I find it hard to locate. Maybe all the other external sounds drown it out. It feels very pronounced when it gets about 11pm or later or when I lie down at night.

I’ve been little curious about why it’s always on the right side so far and why texts from great souls always say listen to sound coming from the right. Only explanation I found so far is from a radhasoami book called Anurag Sagar. It stated the following:

The Sound Current - Naam or Word, Shabad - as it is described in the scripture is first basically audible always from the right side. In further state when some spiritual progress has been made, you can listen to it as coming from above.

Out of good fortune some people are allowed to listen to the Sound from the right side. You can experience the Sound at night often more intensely. Unfortunately mostly they do not know what this experience of the Soul means and probably even believe they were ill.

Some people hear something and out of ignorance they go to an otologist. If those people really accepted the Sound coming from the right and listened to it, they would realise after some time that it is getting louder and clearer and has a raising effect.

But there also exist sounds coming from the left. These are always negative. Especially persons who take drugs, are psychiatry or follow criminal addictions often report that they can not only hear from the left side but actively listen to it consciously.

Sounds that come from the left side, when listened to they lead to the result of lower addictions in a man get stronger. The moment when a man ceases to consciously listen to the Sound Current coming from the right or from above, he automatically ends in the mind.

There are many kinds of sounds echoing and re-echoing in the various regions of the creation and may, for convenience be classified into two categories:

1) Sounds proceeding from the left side. These are negative and material sounds and are connected with respective ingrained seeds of inner passions. The devotee is willy-nilly attracted by these sounds if one is fascinated by anyone of these siren-songs on the left, one may find oneself hurled down into the deepest depths of the abysmal chasms of the passion to which the particular sound relates, for such sounds have a pull that the outward and downward.

In such a sad predicament, the labour of years becomes of no avail and odds go against the pilgrim-soul. These are therefore to be avoided scrupulously, for they lead one astray from the Spiritual Path.

2) Next are the Sounds that proceed from the right side. These are Sounds from the Spiritual Planes and such are positive in character and purely spiritual with a characteristic pull that is Inward and upward.

The particular Sounds that have an upward pull are five in number, as stated by various Saints.

Whoever comes near fire, gets warmth, no matter whether he does so of his own accord or not. So the Holy Naam or Divine Song, cannot but influence you when you come in contact with It, whether you will it or not and are in time or out of time. The Power of God cannot but influence you, should you get in touch with It.

The outer music has a marvelous effect on all living beings, It shakes of the grievous burden of the oppressive sorrow and unrest under which one incessantly groans and drives away all thoughts. It washes away the dirt of everyday life by its melodious tunes and captivates the soul. It concentrates the mind, naturally, without having recourse to any fabricated methods.

Edited by Sat1176

I think one has to learn to filter what they read and like you say just pull out the little gems. It is very difficult to know what is correct and what is not. The only reason this stood out for me was because I could relate to what the person was saying and believe I'm experiencing something along these lines. Another tip I picked up is learn to look straight ahead between the eyes in the inner cave. I was often confused with why people focus straight away between the eye brows which involves raised eye straining. Their approach is to follow one sound till the end until another one arises, then you latch on to that and so on which should take you deeper within. Seems logical enough...

I am finding myself getting really annoyed at the moment as to why this inner marg is so secretive and the lack of available resources with good clear direction. Nearly everyone I come across keeps something close to their chest and drip feeds information. It's just so frustrating. It makes me wonder does god actually tell these realised souls to not tell anyone how they got too him or leaves it to their discretion who they choose to impart this divine inner knowledge too. Really knocks ones self confidence and makes you think are we just not good enough or worthy.

Not too long ago I met a mahapursh and he was talking about some deep levels of attainment in bhagti so I thought I would have a one to one with him. I told him I do simran and was experiencing some sweetness in the mouth and hearing sounds from the right. I told him I was doubting my own experiences because I'm inexperienced and not very knowledgable. All I was told to reassure me was it's your previous janams bhagti and what I was experiencing was how it happens initially. Then I was told not to tell anyone and keep these things to myself and he was surprised I was so open with him. I looked at him hoping he would point me in the right direction or elaborate but nope he just kept quiet and smiled. Maybe I just don't know how to ask the right questions.

I guess all we got is an ardas to Waheguru that he comes to us or shows us the way because we haven't got a clue which way to go or turn.

Edited by Sat1176

I feel you....i know that it can make you feel frustrated, but we should try and stay within the 'calm' zone at all times.

What i found amusing was that radhasoamis are usually criticised for having a gurmantar or naam whispered into their ears which they don't openly reveal and try keep secret, yet they are the ones that have explained the concerned issue more than well in the above book !!

In terms of the 'hush hush'......I think that it is advised so that we don't fall in further trappings of haumai and ego.

But there should be no secrets in getting everyone started in the correct manner.

Just some simple indications by akaal takht maryada for the Gurdwardas to be actively involved with teaching sangat basics of simran and to advise in progress would make the world's difference.

Meditation is the complete surrender of the mind, so that it shuts up and sits its own place, not talking, not mumbling, not even squeeking. The mind can still be seen, but it has come to a place of peace and will rest allowing the Self to shine through.

When you have thoughts such as "I have heard of a sweet taste", or "What was that light" or anything of that matter, the mind is not at rest, it is a state of searching and questioning. The longer you stay here the more circles you will send yourself through.

Dont judge, not expect, dont anticipate, dont even watch. Just sit and be aware of yourself. When you become fully aware, your mind finds rest. Then meditation becomes easy as falling asleep.

Maha Singh, so nice of you to drop in on us and share some words of wisdom. I hear what your saying... How are you able to be so mind still to such an extent you are oblivious to any sensations going on internally? Are you suggesting not even listening to the anhad shabad?

I just re-read the discourse given by Sant Baba Isher Singh (Rare Wale) where his instructions were as follows with regards to the Anhad Shabad:

Sit in a secluded place and for 2.5 hours, closing eyes and keeping back straight at 90 degrees.

Keep on listening to the sound ringing in both ears and be intoxicated with it. One should hear this sound for 8-10 days.

After that one should direct one's consciousness to on the right ear. An extremely fine and sweet sound sound will begin to be heard from the right ear.

After about 10 days one should withdraw one's consciousness and cease to hear the sounds, ringing in the two ears.

After some effort one would be able to hear a sound from the Agya-chakkar (at the root of the two eyes and the nose). It is the same sound that one used to hear from the right ear.

After concentrating on the Agya chakkar, one should keep on hearing this music for 1 month or 2 and recognize it as the symbol of the Formless God.

Then one should uplift one’s consciousness and listen to the music from the point where the ey-brows begin. After practicing for 2-3

months with full concentration one should raise the consciousness to up to the head, to the point where 4 parts of the oranium join which is called the palate. This point is also called the tenth gate.

After practicing this for 3 months one should hear the music from the back of the head, at the point where the backbone (spine) touches the Sukhmana Nadi. One should practice here for 5-6 months.

After this when the seeker becomes full adept, he should concentrate his consciousness on the tip of the nose. At his point he would see strange supra-worldy sights and one acquires carious kinds of power. This practice will take some two years. But there is a supreme need to keep watch on the instructions ordained here. Eager enthusiasm is required beyond limit. Under these activities, one would see different kinds of lights, strange sights of secret worlds and hear strange musical strains.

After this strenuous practice, consciousness would abandon these sights too…

Edited by Sat1176

If I hear the anhad shabad, I just listen to the music and enjoy it, I dont try - I allow Maharaj to show me by opening myself to him. I do not allow my internal self to be caught up and be disturbed as to lose the moment that I am experiencing.

I use each experience to map a journey, like travelling from one place to another you see that these are the checkpoints and places you must pass, if you stop at one milestone for too long you will not reach your final journey, however you must pass these checkpoints to get there. If anything, these milestones are things which test each abihasi to see how much he gets caught up in these things and forgets his true home.

When you visit each milestone often enough, you understand its worth and place, and you dont dwell there too long. The more you are on this path the more you will experience, the deeper you will fall into your Self.

As long as there is desire, frustrations, and attachment to your ego and life, you will find it hard to progress. Everything you have ever loved must be disgarded to cross over. You must attain to forget who you are as a person, forget even being human, become formless and thoughtless and the magic of Maharajs leela begins.

Who ever said it was going to be easy? i have been practising with sehaj for over half my life and i still feel like a beginner.

Edited by Maha Singh

Excellent explanation by Maha Singh.

There are 2 sides of the same coin.

FIRST SIDE is: Spending too much time enjoying your current spiritual state and not moving forward. This is what Maha Singh has explained.

SECOND SIDE is: Stop enjoying the current spiritual state thinking that it is Kaal's play to trap you so that you don't move forwad. Here one thinks that it is not worth the state because it comes from Kaal and is bound to trap you.

This happened to me around a year back. I didn't hear any sounds, but whenever I closed my eyes I was transferred to another state where I'm talking with other normal persons, spiritual persons and frankly saying that was good and very enjoyable. When I told this to my Mom and Channeled Source; they asked me to not to go too deep and keep doing your path ALONG with family life but I understood it wrongly that I'm being asked to stop it; I also assumed and read somewhere that these things are Kaal's trap. So, I stopped it; basically IT stopped occuring.

Now, couple of days back, same channled source indicated that ALL the states goes throught the Kaal's play and I should NOT have stopped enjoying that state. So, I just hope that it will start again. So, at this point of time my understanding is that if one wants to move further then keep in mind the 3 following things:

1. Enjoy the current state and don't feel sad as this is not coming from your Guru and just coming from Kaal. Do NOT stop enjoying whatever comes your way.

2. As Maha Singh mentioned that don't always stay at one state and remember that you HAVE to move forward.

3. GURU is must; otherwise who will put us to next level? So, without Guru reaching higher AND correct states WITHOUT taking wrong route is not possible at all.

das

Edited by das

I agree with das and maha singh beautiful post. In fact everything could be hindrance even our efforts at times- nothing beats natural spontaneous effortless awakening or meditation rose out of our being/meditation/sehaj avastha.

I agree with das and maha singh beautiful post. In fact everything could be hindrance even our efforts at times- nothing beats natural spontaneous effortless awakening or meditation rose out of our being/meditation/sehaj avastha.

Spot on veerji !

I'm glad you mentioned that as it went in like a little wake up call.

Just get to that deep state and then let it become completely effortless. At this stage, one just goes with the flow like waves in the ocean. Just stay in the God ocean, but let him guide the direction of the waves.

You guys have just inspired and reminded me to go back and start doing just this.

It takes a little effort at first to steady and focus, but once you are deep enough, everything can just flow without any effort whatsoever.

I remember that I was doing this a while back and I wouldn't pay attention to think what was going on in the sense that I would actually only think about it and realise after I came out of meditation.

It was such that i probably didn't even notice that anhad shabad were happening and where they were coming from for some while.

Harsharan ji mentioned that we can learn to die in the meditation or shabad by just letting go completely, and on some occasions, I kind of end up doing just this.

I make the effort to initially settle and tune in and then when I can hear the shabad resonating and feel my heart with rom rom, -I know that I am at that deeper state. At this stage, to just let go completely and try go with the flow seems like the most natural thing to do sometimes.

I often get the inclination to do this complete surrender of mind when I may wake up some unplanned time in the early hours and where i haven't thought about what time it is and how long I should do.

I suppose that we should all just find our own comfort zones of sehaj that are meant for us at any particular time. We know that we won't all climb the same steps, but what matters more is that we continue to climb and be careful of slipping or falling.

Many of us including me, get the impression that the stages of avastha have to be attained in some conditioned order. We feel that working up the spiritual path has to be done one after the other such that one can feel stuck if they get a hint that no progress is being made.

(I have been in this scenario many times!)

But,...... Have to REMEMBER- that progress can't actually be assigned to devotion. Devotion is about submitting and surrendering and can't be measured by self.-ONLY HE can judge and measure.So how can we really feel if we are progressing or not ?

And then, because we can get our heads wrapped around ''oh, we must hear this...or smell this... or see this.....'' we forget about what 'HIS GRACE" actually means.- Again, we put our selves into the play of kal, maya and self haumai.

Well explained Maha Singh and Das ji. Points noted. I am also a believer that given the right jugti can help a seeker immensely, like a shortcut, which can also save loads of effort of trying to walk the path alone. First the problem is obtaining the jugtis as they are closely regarded secrets and then if you do happen to find some out, then when to adopt which one. The issue that can arise is that one might not appreciate the stage one has reached because it came easily and not after many years of hard effort and the prem is somewhat lacking.

I just finished reading this book. It's a real eye opener for those who hear anhad sounds. A guy from the west learned the techniques and then reveals some of the them that the saints of the east keep so close to their chests and only impart to devout, deserving students. There was loads of unnecessary padding to beef up the book, and the key points probably could have been summed up in a few pages. It was such a refreshing, insightful read that I read the whole book in one day.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Ringing-Sound-Introduction-Current/dp/0966535804

A clear/still mind is a prerequisite for the next step....

You hear the same message of stilling the thoughts down to nothing from loads of bhagti related sources. In the book one is clearly advised to listen to a mantra to help still the thoughts which will eventually lead you to hear the anhad sounds if you don't already hear them. When they are present then they become the mantra which you focus on. Listen to these sounds initially until they become more and more finer and clearer. When your comfortable and ready with these sounds then one has to step into them so to speak for the actual journey to begin with your dhyan at a particular point. When I read that the pangti "nanak naam jahaz hai jo charhe so utre paar" came to mind.

I will post more relevant snippets of information soon.

Edited by Sat1176

From Veer Lucky´s post above, there is an inetersting parragraph, on which I would like to give a humble opinion:

(I have been in this scenario many times!)

But,...... Have to REMEMBER- that progress can't actually be assigned to devotion. Devotion is about submitting and surrendering and can't be measured by self.-ONLY HE can judge and measure.So how can we really feel if we are progressing or not ?

And then, because we can get our heads wrapped around ''oh, we must hear this...or smell this... or see this.....'' we forget about what 'HIS GRACE" actually means.- Again, we put our selves into the play of kal, maya and self haumai.

According to almost all Mahapurushs´and gyanis, the path of devotion is the easiest and fastest one, to realize that primal Truth(Aad Sach).

"Gyan, dhyan, karam na jaana" ..... the lovers know only, how to love Him, otherwise they considere themselves moorakhs, in any other field...

Devotion , is a game of love, between the lover sikh, and the beloved, Akal Purukh. And the price which one which has to pay, is giving away his head, to his Preetam, means no haume, no ego, no mind....only then can one walk on the thin lane of Prem Bhakti.

The devotee, the bhagat, the sikh, is so much in love with Him, that he can not live even a moment without the beloved, without His Darshan... it is like a fish out of the water. That sikh, is in a state of pain always, but not physical pain, but the one in his heart, because he can not tolerate even a moment away from his Preetam...days and nights does he go sleepless and restless...

And that is because he has given away his mind, heart and body away to His Beloved. He does not care, how or what the world is....he has left himself in His Mauj, His will, like a baby, in the arms of his mother.

For the world he may seem insane, but in reality he is in a higher avastha or state. In this state, the lover does not calculate, nor does he measure, anything like we ordinary mortals, by looking towards any expected results.

For him, only being in the presence of Him, is the only thing that soothes his pains. For him , either he is with his beloved, or is away.

The best example we have of this is, when Guru arjun Dev Maharaj was sent away by His Father to attend a relative´s wedding...we can all benefit from the waves of real love and bhireh found in it, either by reading or listening it, through the many kathars, may they be online, or in the Gurdawaras...."Hau reh na sakah bin dekhe Preetama"....Mohe rehan na aaveh, neend na aaveh ....hau golee jiu gol gumaee... My God, atee sunder Bani...

The sikh knows(the devotees of the Lord are wise), that his Beloved, can not be found anywhere outside, but within him according to Gurmat.

So for that reason, he turns away from maya and the world, by withdrawing his attention and focus from the world and concentrates alone on Him, and that is Nam Simran, because if anything is going to bring him closer to his Beloved, he knows, it is His Simran.

On the other side, when the Beloved sees that His sikh has turned his face from the world, while living in it, and has become a gurmukh by turning his face towards Him within, then, He showers His grace on that sikh, and nourishes him, with the Amrit of His Nam.

Not only that, but keeps up His promise, given in the Bani:

Jin Har jaapiya, se Har hoeeyaa.

He merges that drop of His soul, in Himself,the Ocean.

Thus the drop has long time ago shedded its haume, its ego, through devotion, so that Sachay Patshah, could one day bless him with His darshan, and makes him one with Himself, in His Shabad roop.

The devotee knows nothing else, but only, that He is the only truth, and also the objective of my life. And only through love can I be with Him.

That is why it is said:

Sahib ke Darbar maein, kewal bhakti aur pyar...

Aur kewal bhakti aur pyar maein Sahib razee...

Jin prem kiyoh, tinhee Prabh paayoh

Edited by harsharan000

Discourses on the Beyond volume 3 a book written by Sant Baba Waryam Singh ji

Anyone else who wants to read can grab it from

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3dWJJc2bM5HRUFOUHdLejRRU3c&usp=sharing

;-)

Wow thank you Sat Ji this is great and helpful. These are the kinds of books that help in Atam Marg. Are all the Discourses on the Beyond online

Edited by namdhari555

This is a interesting section from a book that is very relevant, so please read all

Chapter 3: Spiritual Experiences

The apparently inseparable connection of the body and, in fact, the whole of one's life, with the physical elements of creation gets gradually loosened when one progressively advances in meditation. The force of gravitation by which one is confined to the surface of the earth, the limitations of time in the form of the notions of past, present and future, and the loneliness one feels in a corner of unending space are the essence of mortal existence. These are hard ties and difficult knots to break, and often even the possibility of overstepping their limits is beyond one's imagination. But this is precisely what the science of meditation promises and, in the end, achieves. The achievement, however, may take a long time, as several stages of the ascent to Reality have to be passed through.

In the initial stages, visions of different lustrous things such as a crystal, smoke, stars, fire-flies, lamps, glittering eyes, shining gold and light of various precious jewels, arise. These are only hints of advancement in meditation. We are also told that there will be, first, internal perception of a bright star, then a mirror made of diamonds, then the disc of the full moon, then a disc of jewels, then the disc of the mid-day sun and, finally, a sphere of fire-flames, all these coming to one's vision, one after another, in succession. It is also said that a dazzling white brilliance will be seen in the disc made visible, and a mountain of lustre flashes forth before the meditating consciousness. There can also be visions of sky filled with blue light, with dark green colour, and blood-red colour, a brilliant yellow, and ordinary yellow, respectively, at a distance of about four, six, eight, ten and twelve inches. Continued practice enables one to behold a sky which is qualityless. This further changes into a charming light of bright stars, then an expanse blazing with world-destroying fire. It then becomes consciousness-space. Finally, it assumes the form of space refulgent with millions of suns put together.

Sounds of various types are also heard in deep meditation of a high order. First, there is a tinkling sound; second, a more jingling sound; third, the sound of a bell; fourth, that of a conch; fifth, of stringed musical instruments; sixth, of cymbals; seventh, of the flute; eighth, of a large drum; ninth, of tabor; and lastly, tenth, of the rumbling of clouds. Other sounds such as of the roaring of the ocean, of a sprouting fountain, of kettle-drums, of the hum of bees, etc., are also common. Celestial fragrances, celestial tastes and celestial touches of an extraordinary type come as strange experience in meditation. In the condition of the first sound being heard, a thrilling experience passes through one's body; in the second, a feeling comes of the limbs being tom from the body; in the third profuse perspiration is produced; in the fourth a feeling of shaking of the head; in the fifth a feeling of one's palate dropping from the mouth; in the sixth a sensation of ambrosial sweetness oozing from the location of the palate; in the seventh comes knowledge of secrets; in the eighth ability of celestial speech; in the ninth divine cognition, and in the tenth one becomes a veritable God-incarnate.

The existence of different realms or planes of consciousness is recorded in the texts on Yoga and spiritual philosophy, and the seeker has to pierce through these layers, with undaunted vigour of aspiration. It is not wholly true that 'man is the measure of things', for we are assured in the Upanishads that there are higher measures of being and these are successively more real and inclusive forms of life than the preceding layers in the series. To speak in the language of the Upanishads, (1) the lowest unit of human perfection and joy is the satisfaction of a king who is a healthy youth, robust, learned, cultured, good natured and powerful, to whom belong the entire riches of the globe. A person of these endowments is not usually seen in the world but if there is one, he is the lowest unit of delight, which would mean that man is the lowest measure of conceivable perfection. Higher than this unit, says the scripture, is (2) the Jurisdiction of perfection and joy of that class of beings above and internal to man's earth-consciousness, which have been called the mortal Gandharvas (or Gandharvas by action). Higher than this category of beings are (3) the heavenly Gandharvas, (4) the manes or Pitris, (5) the celestials or Devas by action, (6) the celestials or Devas by birth, (7) the celestials or Devas in essence, (8) the ruler of the celestials, called Indra, (9) the sages such as Brihaspati, (10) the divine manifestations as Creator, Preserver and Destroyer, known in the Puranas as Brahma, Vishnu and Siva, (11) the Cosmic Form, known as Virat, each succeeding stage exceeding and transcending the earlier one a hundred times in knowledge, power and bliss. In fact, the Virat is not merely a mathematical multiplication of the lower experiences, but the Infinite stretching behind and beyond everything, which has no measure or equal with which it can be compared, either in quantity or quality. The Supreme Reality ranges beyond even the manifestation as the Virat, and it rises further higher as (12) Hiranyagarbha and (13) Ishvara, which are its more internal and inclusive cosmical extensions. The Eternal Being, which is the ultimate Goal of Yoga, is beyond these universal manifestation still, and it exists unrelated in its supremacy as (14) the Absolute, Brahman.

It is not that a Yogin has to take graduated steps through everyone of these stages, for the planes of consciousness from (2) to (10) enumerated above are regarded as mostly intermediary levels which may have to be traversed by souls that entertain certain corresponding desires within, and this is the well-known passage of progressive unfoldment, which goes by the name of Krama-Mukti (gradual liberation), and which is detailed by means of quite a different terminology in the Chhandogya and Kaushitaki Upanishads. But this is not a uniform rule of ascent of every soul and in exceptional cases, the consciousness may suddenly rise from (1) to (11), directly, as a result of the intensity of rightly practised meditation of an impersonal nature. Even the stages (12) and (13) are not obligatory divisions in the experience that follows, and there is said to be a sublimation of consciousness, at once, from (11) to (14), since, in fact, the stages (12) and (13) are logical distinctions necessitated as the cosmic counterparts of the human states of consciousness and need not be taken to represent experiences necessarily incumbent on the seeking soul that has once reached the stage (11), the stages (11), (12) and (13) being ultimately indistinguishable from one another when one actually comes to their realisation. The many stages mentioned, nevertheless, indicate the difficulty of the ascent, as well as the extent of the progress that man has yet to make in his evolution. These are mysteries transcending human comprehension, and here our guides are only the scriptures and the teachings of the Masters of Yoga.

Edited by namdhari555

Discourses on the Beyond volume 3 a book written by Sant Baba Waryam Singh ji

Anyone else who wants to read can grab it from

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3dWJJc2bM5HRUFOUHdLejRRU3c&usp=sharing

;-)

Good stuff, but I don't think that is really by Sant Isher Singh Ji, but Sant Waryam Singh Ji. Sant Isher Singh Ji explain Anhad Shabad etc somewhat differently in their audio recordings, and from what I gathered speaking to their old sangat and sevadars.

Real anhad shabad is only heard after we reach the avastha where rom-rom simran is experienced. It is the most beautiful kirtan you can imagine. You can probably see Shaheed Singhs etc before reaching this avastha.

The important thing is to maintain bairaag and keep focused on our ultimate goal, Waheguru!

Has anyone experienced shaktian etc offering seva? The distractions on this path are many and very powerful.

The ego is hard to destroy, hope someone finds this helpful

1. The ego controls all thinking.
2. The ego can create an argument against anything.
3. Therefore, reserve all arguments against what is being presented here until you
have read the book at least three times.
4. Otherwise, the ego will generate arguments against any anti-ego presentation,
thus blocking what is being presented.
5. See the vicious circle:
6. The ego in its attempts to block the ego from being exposed for the imposter
that it is, and to block the realization that the ego is the cause of all human
sorrow and suffering, creates arguments against what is being revealed in this
book.
7. Because the ego sets the standards for the debate, the ego always wins the
debate.
8. The way to break that vicious circle is to delay all arguments against what is
being presented here until you have read the book very slowly at least three
times.
9. When the ego forms an argument against what is being presented in this book,
see the argument as an ego preservation strategy and ignore it, delaying all
argument until the presentation is complete.
10.Having the motivation to understand, instead of to argue, will help to produce an
insight into what is being presented here.
11. Put the arguments on hold until you have read the book at least three times.
12.By that time you may be so skilled at recognizing the ego’s preservation
strategies, you may decide to delay the arguments forever.
13.At least give what is being presented here a fair chance by being aware of the
arguments that the ego creates and disregarding those arguments until an
insight into what is being presented here is awakened.
14.Plenty of time to argue later, after you have read the entire book.
15.The ego has been deceiving humans for as long as there have been humans.
16.Be aware of when the ego is trying to deceive you.
17.The ego controls all thinking, therefore, various combinations of thoughts,
ideas, beliefs, and opinions are the ego’s primary tools to preserve the ego’s
imaginary “self” and to prevent you from discovering your true Self.
18.Most humans live their entire lives without ever having observed the
background of awareness.
19.Therefore, whatever opinions most people have about what the background of
awareness is, what are its qualities, what is the true Self, etc., have no basis.
20.If you observe the background of awareness for many hours everyday for a
number of years, then you will eventually know that your awareness is: infinite-
eternal-awareness-love-bliss.
21.Because most humans spend their entire lifetime looking outward at thoughts,
the body, the world, people, places, things, etc., most humans have never even
once observed their own awareness, not even for one second, in their entire
lifetime.
22.What is important are not concepts, beliefs or conclusions. What is important is
Direct Experience.
23.Be aware of your thoughts, ideas, beliefs and opinions and see how they are
serving the ego.
24.See Chapter One for a clarification of the difference between the ego and the
true Self.
25.What is being presented here in this book is a practical guide to Direct
Experience, not some theory for intellectual entertainment.
26.Because the ego is afraid of ending, the ego directs and creates thoughts,
ideas, concepts, beliefs and opinions that will help the ego to continue its illusion
of being real and to prevent it from being brought to an end.
27.Those concepts are ego preservation strategies. Those concepts are the ego’s
tricks.
28.Because thoughts can be combined in trillions of combinations, the ego can
create trillions of preservation strategies.
29.The ego has the ability to hide what it is doing from itself.
30.The ego can be creating preservation strategies throughout the day and you
may not be aware that the ego has been creating preservation strategies
throughout the entire day.
31.If you are not aware of how the ego preserves its imaginary self, then the ego
succeeds in preserving its imaginary self.
32.One of the purposes of this book is to look in detail at how the ego preserves
its imaginary self.
33.If one million people study a spiritual teaching and only one of those people ends
the ego illusion, why did the other nine hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine
hundred and ninety-nine miss the opportunity?
34.The reason the other nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred and
ninety-nine missed the opportunity is because of the ego’s fear of ending.
35.Due to the ego’s fear of ending, the ego creates strategies to preserve its
imaginary self.
36.Distorting the teachings is one of the many strategies the ego has to preserve
its imaginary self.
37.That applies to the teachings in the book you are now reading and to other
spiritual teachings.
38.Right from the beginning, the ego’s preservation strategies have to be dealt
with, otherwise the ego would block out what is being presented here in this
book.
39.Then, instead of being an extraordinary journey, this would be just one more
failed attempt.
40.The ego’s preservation strategies can be brought to an end and we will look at
how to do that in this book.
41.Usually any mention of exposing the ego’s preservation strategies makes the ego
run the other way.
42.To be willing to look at the ego’s preservation strategies is a sign of spiritual
maturity.
43.Most people are not willing to look at the ego’s preservation strategies.
44.Reading a book that reveals some of the ego’s preservation strategies does not
make one immune to them.
45.One of the ego’s preservation strategies is the thought “This does not apply to
me”.
46.The ego is very tricky and deceptive in all humans. The ego is a liar in all humans.
The ego lies to its imaginary self.
47.Therefore, when something is pointed out in this book and you think “This does
not apply to me”, take a second look.
48.Maybe it does apply to you and the ego is blocking that fact out, as a
preservation strategy.
49.Challenge the thought “This does not apply to me”.
50.The thought “This does not apply to me” may be an ego preservation strategy.
51.One of the differences between the one out of a million who awakens and the
nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine who do not, is the
ability to stay focused on an essential point until it becomes an insight and a
tool that you can use.
52.The fact that the intellect understands what is written here is not enough.
53.The book you are now reading is filled with the insights that lay the foundation
to be the one who awakens and not one of the nine hundred ninety nine thousand
nine hundred ninety-nine who miss.
54.Dwell on what is written in every sentence in every chapter until an insight is
awakened that becomes a tool you can use.
55.To awaken insight, don’t read what is written like you were reading a newspaper
or a book of trivia, and don’t read for the purpose of gathering information.
56.To awaken insight, read as though you were reading instructions about how to
fly that are vital so that you do not crash.
57.Slowly reflect on each line

After reading around the subject it is always nice to come back to gurbani and read again. Sometimes a subtle pangti sticks out that you didn't appreciate before.

Ang 313

While asleep, they chant, "Waaho! Waaho!", and while awake, they chant, "Waaho!" as well. (Isn't this an hint to learn to take the consciousness through waking, dreaming and deep sleep states, i.e. learn to stay conscious in sleep by attuning oneself to the shabad or what I now understand to be the state of yogic sleep; body asleep but mind is awake and aware)

sa-uday vaahu vaahu uchrahi uth-day bhee vaahu karayn.

My tongue is not satisfied by praising Him; He has linked my consciousness with the Lord, my Beloved.

jihvaa saalaahi na raj-ee har pareetam chit laa-ay.

O Nanak, my mind hungers for the Name of the Lord; my mind is satisfied, tasting the sublime essence of the Lord.

naanak naavai kee man bhukh hai man tariptai har ras khaa-ay.

The Gurmukhs chant and meditate on the Shabad, and lovingly center their consciousness on it.

gurmukh jaapai sabad liv laa-ay.

They hear and believe in the Name of the Lord; they are absorbed in the Name of the Lord.

har naam sun mannay har naam samaa-ay.

He is always invited, but he does not go to the Mansion of the Lord`s Presence. How shall he be accepted in the Court of the Lord? (What is the signature of the invitation and how does one go inside?)

sadaa bulaa-ee-ai mahal na aavai ki-o kar dargeh seejhai.

How rare are those who know the Mansion of the True Guru; they stand with their palms pressed together.

satgur kaa mahal virlaa jaanai sadaa rahai kar jorh.

Edited by Sat1176