Meditation - My Experiance, Am I Allowed To Share?

ਭਵਨ ਚਤੁਰ ਦਸ ਭਾਠੀ ਕੀਨੀ ਬਰ੍ਹਮ ਅਗਿਨ ਤਿਨ ਜਾਰੀ ਰੇ ॥

bhavan chatur das bhaathee keenHee barahm agan tan jaaree ray.

I have made the fourteen worlds the furnace, and I have burnt my body with the fire of God.

The line before might be translated wrong because the manipur chakra is said to have 10 petals.

"Bhatee" means Bellows - 1.a device with an air bag that emits a stream of air when squeezed together.

2. an object or device with concertinaed sides to allow it to expand and contract, such as a tube joining a lens to a camera body.

Therefore I'm concluding slight pump of the navel is said to invoke Barahm agan.

furnace 4 10 bellows action god fire body burned

Chatur could also be a pointer to lower mooladhar chakar which is said to have 4 petals.

Are the number of petals mentioned anywhere else?

ਭਵਨ ਚਤੁਰ ਦਸ ਭਾਠੀ ਕੀਨੀ ਬਰ੍ਹਮ ਅਗਿਨ ਤਿਨ ਜਾਰੀ ਰੇ ॥

I have made the fourteen worlds the furnace, and I have burnt my body with the fire of God.

The line before might be translated wrong because the manipur chakra is said to have 10 petals.

"Bhatee" means Bellows - 1.a device with an air bag that emits a stream of air when squeezed together.

2. an object or device with concertinaed sides to allow it to expand and contract, such as a tube joining a lens to a camera body.

Therefore I'm concluding slight pump of the navel is said to invoke Barahm agan.

furnace 4 10 bellows action god fire body burned

Chatur could also be a pointer to lower mooladhar chakar which is said to have 4 petals.

ਮੁਦ੍ਰਾ ਮਦਕ ਸਹਜ ਧੁਨਿ ਲਾਗੀ ਸੁਖਮਨ ਪੋਚਨਹਾਰੀ ਰੇ ॥੨॥

Muḏrā maḏak sahj ḏẖun lāgī sukẖman pocẖanhārī re. ||2||

My mudra - my hand-gesture, is the pipe; tuning into the celestial sound current within, the Shushmanaa - the central spinal channel, is my cooling pad. ||2||

Sorry my gurmukhi is terrible. Had to look the quotes up. I actually read somewhere the trikuti area is known as the spiritual heart centre.

Only thing missing now is the sahj dhun!

Thanks for translating veere !

Are the number of petals mentioned anywhere else?

Ang 1162

ਅਗਮ ਅਗੋਚਰ ੁ ਰਿਹਆ ਅਭ ਅੰਤ ॥

agam agochar rahi-aa abh ant.

The Inaccessible and Unfathomable Lord God dwells in the heart.

ਪਾਰ ੁ ਨ ਪਾਵੈ ਕੋ ਧਰਨੀਧਰ ਮੰਤ ॥੩॥

paar na paavai ko DharneeDhar mant. ||3||

No one can find the limits or the secrets of the Lord of the World. ||3||

ਕਦਲੀ ਪੁਹਪ ਧੂਪ ਪਰਗਾਸ ॥

kadlee puhap Dhoop pargaas.

The Lord shines forth in the plantain flower and the sunshine.

ਰਜ ਪੰਕਜ ਮਿਹ ਲੀਓ ਿਨਵਾਸ ॥

raj pankaj meh lee-o nivaas.

He dwells in the pollen of the lotus flower.

ਦੁਆਦਸ ਦਲ ਅਭ ਅੰਤਿਰ ਮੰਤ ॥

du-aadas dal abh antar mant.

The Lord's secret is within the twelve petals of the heart-lotus.

:) Yep, I know what you're saying .....

Do you also find that the naad sounds deeper and louder ?

I'm not hearing anything at the moment :(, so have returned back to the Gurmantar. I have to admit i haven't been putting in much effort as of late. Hence my posts from a few days ago about not japping you fool! Was more of a kick up the backside for me. :D

Ang 1162

ਅਗਮ ਅਗੋਚਰ ੁ ਰਿਹਆ ਅਭ ਅੰਤ ॥

agam agochar rahi-aa abh ant.

The Inaccessible and Unfathomable Lord God dwells in the heart.

ਪਾਰ ੁ ਨ ਪਾਵੈ ਕੋ ਧਰਨੀਧਰ ਮੰਤ ॥੩॥

paar na paavai ko DharneeDhar mant. ||3||

No one can find the limits or the secrets of the Lord of the World. ||3||

ਕਦਲੀ ਪੁਹਪ ਧੂਪ ਪਰਗਾਸ ॥

kadlee puhap Dhoop pargaas.

The Lord shines forth in the plantain flower and the sunshine.

ਰਜ ਪੰਕਜ ਮਿਹ ਲੀਓ ਿਨਵਾਸ ॥

raj pankaj meh lee-o nivaas.

He dwells in the pollen of the lotus flower.

ਦੁਆਦਸ ਦਲ ਅਭ ਅੰਤਿਰ ਮੰਤ ॥

du-aadas dal abh antar mant.

The Lord's secret is within the twelve petals of the heart-lotus.

ਜਹ ਪਉੜੇ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਕਮਲਾ ਕੰਤ ॥੪॥

जह पउड़े स्री कमला कंत ॥४॥

Jah pa▫uṛe sarī kamlā kanṯ. ||4||

The Supreme Lord, the Lord of Lakshmi dwells there. ||4||

I think the same way ਦੁਆਦਸ is 12

ਦੁਆ - 2

ਦਸ - 10

ਚਤੁਰਦਸ is 14

ਚਤੁਰ - 4

ਦਸ - 10

• 3 weeks later...

From another thread, not so long ago.....in reference to a translation from a video.

Lately, because it's so hot.. we have the overhead fans on in every room about 18 hrs/day !

I have repeatedly gone from room to room and I can feel the 'waheguru' jap coming from the fan in complete sync with body rom rom !

The crazy thing is that for a few days I was just walking around room to room and changing the speeds on the fans to see if my rom rom reaction still stayed in sync.... and it would do so immediately !

Again, I was getting a little concerned because I thought that I have developed some 'oversensitivity' problem..!

I have been constantly telling myself that it's not rom rom and that i have messed up my own brain wires of sensory stimulation somewhere.

So, i was quite relieved when I heard this video the other day and then re-reading Sat's translation convinced me that I heard it correctly the first time.

Just a few days ago, I was even telling my wife and asking her if she could feel it ....I was asking her to really try hard to see if she could pick it up..... but she just gave me a weird look thinking that I'm losing the plot !

I can even feel it coming from the pump in the fish tank... but I never told her that bit !! :o

In addition to this, I must say that there are days when I can feel the jap in every continuous sort of vibration that I pick up.

Whether it's an overhead fan, the birds, waves on the beach or in the car.... what happens is that as soon as my mind says 'waheguru', then the navel area vibration starts immediately and in sync with whatever vibration there may be.

A few weeks ago, we were at the aquarium and it even happened with the dolphin sounds !

I do have to check and confirm with a gurmukh that ''I'm all there!" on this account and if others experience it as well.

Because I know Bhai Sewa Singh ji mentions it in the video but I don't think he says anything about the navel, nadis or chakras vibrating.

The vibration and internal jap also starts whenever or wherever there is 'Waheguru' jap and it begins at the navel and if I follow it, I can feel it going all the way up from there to my head and in smaller nadis in arms and hands.

Recently in this heat, I have been having a little nap during the day and I will put this waheguru jap CD on that goes up in various increasing tempo. After starting rom rom, within a few minutes I often doze off for 20-25 minutes or so.

The other day I was having one of these little naps with the jap playing and as it was so hot, my shirt buttons were open as I lay on the bed and you could see my stomach quite clearly... :rolleyes:

During a stage when I was deeply dozed off, my wife came into the room and saw that my navel was pulsating up and down with the jap and separate from my breathing altogether !!

She later told me that she stood there and was amazed because it was going at the exact frequency and in sync with the jap on the CD.

She said she confirmed that I was very deep asleep and decided to not disturb me or switch the stereo off, and just let me be.

We both could not believe that this rom rom was in full swing whilst I was fast asleep !!

It's funny because I've been trying to explain it to her for a while and have kept asking if she feels any sort of thing and I know she's thought I'm being very strange. But after that incident, she understands the whole issue a lot better. :D

It made me realise just how simran can literally happen whilst asleep as gurbani mentions.

ਊਠਤ ਬੈਠਤ ਸੋਵਤ ਧਿਆਈਐ ॥
Ūṯẖaṯ baiṯẖaṯ sovaṯ ḏẖi▫ā▫ī▫ai.
While standing up, and sitting down, and even while asleep, meditate on the Lord

Thanks for sharing your experience lucky veer ji. Such experiences of others which wont be found in any katha, book or online helps in reaffirming the faith in this Sikhi for me. It really feels good to know about such things. Indirectly, you help in reaffirming my faith. So thanks for that. And above all thanks to Guru Ji :)Unfortunately, I have nothing to share in spiritual terms. I have collected such filth from previous and this lifetime that I am unable to see the other dimension. Even though I have had no spiritual experience, I am glad that Guru Ji has given me the opportunity and Sumat to see whats wrong whats right and what path to follow. So hopefully Guru Ji does kirpa on this keera soon and bless with more naam and baani.

You devil

lol....I know....It's not as if I have a six pack to expose or maybe it's just hiding somewhere underneath that adipose tissue ? :o

Does she meditate now?

Yeh she does attempt quite a bit, but finds it more easier to go deep with musical simran like Snatam Kaur.

I even get my kids doing it a little more often and I think my eldest has found it helps with her studies.

Edited by Lucky

• 2 weeks later...

1. Baikri Bani- When one recites naam with javan(tongue), hout(lips), khaieyal(thoughts) that is called Baikari Bani.

2. Madhma Bani- When one recites naam in Kant(throat) without moving lips...just with the thoughts is called Madhma Bani.

3. Pasanti Bani- When one recites naam in hirda(heart).

4. Para Bani- When one recites naam in Nabhi(Navel) without moving tongue and with the thoughts. In this stage vahiguroo naam gets infused in rom rom of the body. Meditation goes in automatic mode. There is no need for concentration.

here i need some help!!

there are 4 types of jaap as mentioned above i only know 1st and 2nd jaap but i dont know how do i do 3rd and 4th jaap pls help!!! :(

Edited by Dilpreet Kahlon

• 3 weeks later...

Was listening to Giani/Bhai Paramjit Singh Ji Khalsa (Anandpur Sahib Wale) live on SikhChannel last night and must say I was really impressed with this guy's katha. His topic was naam simran. I will record it and put it up because it was a very inspiring Katha. This guy is very outspoken and was not afraid to tell the sangat off on numerous occasions.

There was one point he made which really caught my attention when he was asking the sangat to jap. Someone sitting in the sangat decided to accelerate their jaap and became engrossed in their own mast like you see on some occasions. Bhai Sahib stopped the jaap and made a very important point. He said not to jap so fast like that because your surti will not be able to latch on and keep up. He said once someone else was doing the jaap in this fashion so he asked him what stage he had achieved in the time he had been doing sirman. The person replied he hadn't achieved anything to date. Bhai Sahib gave the analogy of peddling on bike very fast but the chain is broken so in fact your not going anywhere. He said its the same with simran when done in that fashion. Your japping so fast that your speech has gone off in its own direction and your mind/surti was not focused and was left behind to do it's own thing. That is why nothing is being achieved.

Key point : Keep the simran slow so that the surti can hear each recitation clearly and stay latched on for the ride.

Makes good sense... :)

Was listening to Giani/Bhai Paramjit Singh Ji Khalsa (Anandpur Sahib Wale) live on SikhChannel last night and must say I was really impressed with this guy's katha. His topic was naam simran. I will record it and put it up because it was a very inspiring Katha. This guy is very outspoken and was not afraid to tell the sangat off on numerous occasions.

There was one point he made which really caught my attention when he was asking the sangat to jap. Someone sitting in the sangat decided to accelerate their jaap and became engrossed in their own mast like you see on some occasions. Bhai Sahib stopped the jaap and made a very important point. He said not to jap so fast like that because your surti will not be able to latch on and keep up. He said once someone else was doing the jaap in this fashion so he asked him what stage he had achieved in the time he had been doing sirman. The person replied he hadn't achieved anything to date. Bhai Sahib gave the analogy of peddling on bike very fast but the chain is broken so in fact your not going anywhere. He said its the same with simran when done in that fashion. Your japping so fast that your speech has gone off in its own direction and your mind/surti was not focused and was left behind to do it's own thing. That is why nothing is being achieved.

Key point : Keep the simran slow so that the surti can hear each recitation clearly and stay latched on for the ride.

Full recording posted here:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Baikri Bani- When one recites naam with javan(tongue), hout(lips), khaieyal(thoughts) that is called Baikari Bani.

2. Madhma Bani- When one recites naam in Kant(throat) without moving lips...just with the thoughts is called Madhma Bani.

3. Pasanti Bani- When one recites naam in hirda(heart).

4. Para Bani- When one recites naam in Nabhi(Navel) without moving tongue and with the thoughts. In this stage vahiguroo naam gets infused in rom rom of the body. Meditation goes in automatic mode. There is no need for concentration.

here i need some help!!

there are 4 types of jaap as mentioned above i only know 1st and 2nd jaap but i dont know how do i do 3rd and 4th jaap pls help!!! :(

It's automatic. Focus on 'Waheguru'.

I am posting here for the first time.i need someone's views as i am getting in different state of mind.as i m growing up all my interests are gone..i love my studies as i take it holy vidya.i am eager to attain the purpose of life.my interest is rising to an extent.i want to sit day long in the name of almighty.i keep reciting lord in my mind the while day.the problem is i am not putting any time to my studies which i think is very important right now.sometime i think it's not right time for what i want.is this right to continue as i m proceeding .i have lot of queries im my mind like how will i reach the final state and a lot..not getting words to explain

I am posting here for the first time.i need someone's views as i am getting in different state of mind.as i m growing up all my interests are gone..i love my studies as i take it holy vidya.i am eager to attain the purpose of life.my interest is rising to an extent.i want to sit day long in the name of almighty.i keep reciting lord in my mind the while day.the problem is i am not putting any time to my studies which i think is very important right now.sometime i think it's not right time for what i want.is this right to continue as i m proceeding .i have lot of queries im my mind like how will i reach the final state and a lot..not getting words to explain

I was in the same situation last year. I was at the top in all my classes but then my grades dropped and I almost started failing. A Singh sat down with me and explained that your education is extremely important and it's all about striking a balance. If you don't work hard in school now, for the rest of your life you're going to have it hard and might have to work in a situation where you'll constantly be too tired for bhagti. And it also come down to giving daswand, you can't really give daswand of money when you barely have enough to pay bills/take care of kids etc.

Another good point is that you should try to get into such a good position that you can take off days or weeks without it being a problem. That will come in handy especially when it comes to going to Sikhi based kamai camps. Many jobs won't even give you a day off to go to a nagar kirtan.

Try and look at school as your kirat for the time being. Work hard now so you don't have to work as hard later and you can spend as much time as possible doing meditation/reading bani/japping naam.

I was in the same situation last year. I was at the top in all my classes but then my grades dropped and I almost started failing. A Singh sat down with me and explained that your education is extremely important and it's all about striking a balance. If you don't work hard in school now, for the rest of your life you're going to have it hard and might have to work in a situation where you'll constantly be too tired for bhagti. And it also come down to giving daswand, you can't really give daswand of money when you barely have enough to pay bills/take care of kids etc.

Another good point is that you should try to get into such a good position that you can take off days or weeks without it being a problem. That will come in handy especially when it comes to going to Sikhi based kamai camps. Many jobs won't even give you a day off to go to a nagar kirtan.

Try and look at school as your kirat for the time being. Work hard now so you don't have to work as hard later and you can spend as much time as possible doing meditation/reading bani/japping naam.

Yes,you understood my situation.thanks a lot.i am glad and i'll try to put concentration on my studies.i know balance is very important.i hope waheguru ji help me in this.i am extremely glad i am part of this as you all are person's of almighty and i can discuss what i could never share with any one.

I think it's Waheguru ji's kirpa that i found you all.i believe company of good people,saints is very important to make your doubts clear as it's mentioned in gurbani at many sites.i hope i'll Make full benefit of it.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

Edited by sukrit kaur

Yes,you understood my situation.thanks a lot.i am glad and i'll try to put concentration on my studies.i know balance is very important.i hope waheguru ji help me in this.i am extremely glad i am part of this as you all are person's of almighty and i can discuss what i could never share with any one.

I think it's Waheguru ji's kirpa that i found you all.i believe company of good people,saints is very important to make your doubts clear as it's mentioned in gurbani at many sites.i hope i'll Make full benefit of it.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

Do as many ardas's as possible, Guru Sahib will do kirpa