Meditation - My Experiance, Am I Allowed To Share?

• 5 weeks later...

Ang441
The outgoing, wandering soul, upon meeting the True Guru, opens the Tenth Gate.
Dhaavat thamiH-aa satgur mili-ai dasvaa du-aar paa-i-aa.

There, Ambrosial Nectar is food and the celestial music resounds; the world is held spell-bound by the music of the Word.
tithai amrit bhojan, sahj Dhun upjai, jit sabad jagat thamih rahaa-i-aa.

The many strains of the unstruck melody resound there and always bliss, as one merges in Truth.
tah anayk vaajay sadaa anad hai, sachay rahi-aa samaa-ay.

Thus says Nanak: by meeting the True Guru, the wandering soul becomes steady, and comes to dwell in the home of its own self.
i-o kahai naanak satgur mili-ai Dhaavat thamiH-aa nij ghar vasi-aa aa-ay.

O my mind, you are the embodiment of the Divine Light - recognize your own origin.
man tooN jot saroop hai aapnaa mool pachhaan.

O my mind, the Dear Lord is with you; through the Guru`s Teachings, enjoy His Love.
man har jee tayrai naal hai, gurmatee rang maan.

Edited by Sat1176

I'm being super lazy and need good kick up the backside. Time to get on the road again back home to our Father.

Glad I read ang 456 again.

Make the effort, O very fortunate ones, and meditate on the Lord, the Lord King.
udam karahu vadbhaageeho simrahu har har raa-ay.

O Nanak, remembering Him in meditation, you shall obtain total peace, and your pains and troubles and doubts shall depart.
naanak jis simrat sabh sukh hoveh dookh darad bharam jaa-ay.

Chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord of the Universe; don`t be lazy.
naam japat gobind nah alsaa-ee-ai.

With each and every breath, worship the Lord in adoration; meditate on the Lord God in the mouth of your your mind.
saas saas araaDh har har Dhi-aa-ay so parabh man mukhee.

Prays Nanak: may I meditate on the Lord`s lotus feet, and not be lazy in chanting the Naam, the Name of the Lord of the Universe.
naanak pa-i-ampai charan jampai naam japat gobind nah alsaa-ee-ai.

The Purifier of sinners is the Naam, the Pure Name of the Immaculate Lord.
paavan patit puneet naam niranjanaa.

By the healing ointment of the Guru`s spiritual wisdom, one meets the Immaculate Lord God, who is totally pervading the water, the land and the sky.
gur gi-aan anjan parabh niranjan jal thal mahee-al poori-aa.

Wherever the Saints worship the Lord in adoration, there He is revealed.
jah jah sant araaDheh tah tah paragtaa-i-aa.

God blends Himself with His devotees in His natural way, and resolves their affairs.
parabh aap lee-ay samaa-ay sahj subhaa-ay bhagat kaaraj saari-aa.

In the ecstasy of the Lord`s Praises, they obtain supreme joy, and forget all their sorrows.
aanand har jas mahaa mangal sarab dookh visaari-aa.

Edited by Sat1176

The Word of the Shabad is ever in his heart; he is absorbed in the Fear of God, and he works to serve the Guru.
hirdai sabad sadaa bhai rachi-aa gur kee kaar kamaavai.

He remembers the One Lord, his mind does not waver, and he restrains its wanderings.
ayko chaytai manoo-aa na dolai Dhaavat varaj rahaavai.

He is intoxicated with celestial bliss, and is ever imbued with the Lord`s Love; he sings the Glorious Praises of the True Lord.
sehjay maataa sadaa rang raataa saachay kay gun gaavai.

The mind is like the wind, but if it comes to rest in peace, even for an instant, then he shall abide in the peace of the Name, O Siblings of Destiny.
manoo-aa paun bind sukhvaasee naam vasai sukh bhaa-ee.

With Guru's grace I have been blasting my mind with the gurmantar all weekend and reading gurbani. Mind feels exhausted and blank. Mouth has become super sweet again. Anyway this time going to swallow swallow swallow.

Edited by Sat1176

An indeed nice thread on meditative simran.

Well, I read in a book (Bhajan Bandagi Da Pratap,), that for a new Abhyasee, there is need of a 'pratibimb'-an object for concentration.

It can be either be a picture of Guru Sahib, or ik onkaar etc.

Also, I found it mentioned in the book that each person has his birth color. So, if he uses 'Waheguru' written in that color as a 'pratibimb' then it can be really beneficial for concentration. Talking more about colors, Sodi Harbhajan Singh Jee (the author) mentions that Sant Baba Attar Singh Jee (of Mastuana) used to advise the beginners to concentrate on 'Waheguru' wirtten in blue-red color while doing the Jaap. The abhyase should then close his eyes, and try writing 'Waheguru' in his 'trikuti'

(between eyes, above nose), with his 'surat' while japping. The reason for the bule-red color as given by the author is that blue and red are the extreme colors in the spectrum of white light; so these shall cover all colors. I did not understand much about the importance of color /pratibimb, and am still confused.

At some places he also mentions that 'listening' to the Jaap is essential. So where should one start?

Edited by Lunalon

So where should one start?

ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਿ ਦਿਨਸੁ ਰਾਤਿ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਹਰਿ ਧਨੁ ਜਾਨੁ ॥

Ram naam nu din raat japo, es tara Gurmukh nu Hari de dhan bare pata lag jaunda hai.

Jap all day Lunalon. Whenever you remember it, start your Jap. Don't stop, keep going. If you lose track, get back to the Jap.

ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਿ ਦਿਨਸੁ ਰਾਤਿ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਹਰਿ ਧਨੁ ਜਾਨੁ ॥

Ram naam nu din raat japo, es tara Gurmukh nu Hari de dhan bare pata lag jaunda hai.

Jap all day Lunalon. Whenever you remember it, start your Jap. Don't stop, keep going. If you lose track, get back to the Jap.

Yes that is ok. But do you have any idea of the colors/Pratibimb etc that I mentioned? I have read about these in Bhajan Banadagi Da Pratap.

Here you go

Due to my lack of experience in this stage of simran I sought guidance which I really don't want to elaborate upon on the internet.
But from the limited understanding I have gained these colours appear when the mind tries to cross the trikuti and the 5 elements.

Air - Green
Water - White
Fire - Red
Earth - Yellow
Ether/Space - Blue

During these stages one can come into contact with visions/forms etc which try and draw in the seeker to hinder the progress. It is not advisable to interact which such things. Our goal is to meet Waheguru nothing else no matter how attractive it may seem. That's what I been told and try to convince myself off along the way. Anyone can do what they wish but I believe if a person seeks guidance and you have faith/satkar for the person's experience and wisdom in such matters then you should follow their bachan's. I have been instructed not to look at it, so will not until instructed otherwise. Because in an earlier post I had wrote about the experience, being none the wiser I posted it. Now I know a little more I think it only right I clear up the mess so I don't lead someone astray. I'll be honest I will be reluctant to post personal experiences going forward, because I have no idea where i'm heading or what comes along the way. I don't want to be responsible for misleading people on a path which I'm not sure myself.
Bhagat Singh ji, from your posts I can tell your much further along and am grateful that you came on the thread with your views and words of encouragement even when I was doubting or questioning my own experiences. They have been reconfirmed as real and my doubt's that kept on creeping back eliminated. All I can trust at this stage is the gurmantar and the anhad shabad. Will continue to focus my attention on those and hope they take me home and leave the rest to the will of WaheGuru...

May Waheguru guide us all safely and correctly to his lotus feet.

Edited by Sat1176

Taken from Vaaran Bhai Gurdas ji

http://searchgurbani.com/bhai_gurdas_vaaran/vaar/1/pauri/2

ਪਉਣ ਪਾਣੀ ਬੈਸੰਤਰੋ ਚਉਥੀ ਧਰਤੀ ਸੰਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਈ।
Paoun Paanee Baisantaro Chauthee Dharatee Sangi Milaaee.
Air, water, fire and earth was put together.

ਪੰਚਮਿ ਵਿਚਿ ਆਕਾਸ ਕਰਿ ਕਰਤਾ ਛਟਮੁ ਅਦਿਸਟੁ ਸਮਾਈ।
Panchami Vichi Aakaasu Kari Karataa Chhatamu Adisatu Samaaee.
The fifth element sky (void) was kept in between and creator God, the sixth one, invisibly permeated among all.

SGGS Ang 415

This mind is born of the five elements.
ih man panch tat tay janmaa.

Ang 491

Listen to the sermon of the Lord, O mind, and enshrine the Shabad of His Word within your mind.
har kathaa toon sun ray man sabad man vasaa-ay

If your intellect remains stable and steady, then doubt shall depart from within you. ||1||Pause||
ih mat tayree thir rahai taaN bharam vichahu jaa-ay. ||1|| rahaa-o

Enshrine the Lord`s lotus feet within your heart, and your sins shall be erased.

har charan ridai vasaa-ay too kilvikh hoveh naas

If your soul overcomes the five elements, then you shall come to have a home at the true place of pilgrimage.
panch bhoo aatmaa vas karahi taa tirath karahi nivaas.

The body is formed from the union of the five elements.
panch tat mil kaa-i-aa keenee.
Know that the Lord`s jewel is within it.

tis meh raam ratan lai cheenee.

More:

Our body is made of five elements (water, air, fire, earth, and ether/akaash). Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Sukhmani Sahib very
elaborately describes the technique to transcend the Five Elements.

Air element: Guru Ji tells us how to concentrate the mind and transcend this element. The atmospheric air sometimes flows gentle and is at other times fast and stormy. The Pawan Tat (the air element) within the body behaves the same way. Its flow rises and ebbs. The unsteady behavior of air disturbs our mental equilibrium. We need Guru’s Shabad (Gurmantra) to steady and focus our mind in the vortex of wind within. Gurbani elaborates:

As a home is supported by its pillars, so does the Guru's Shabad support the mind.
(SGGS 282)

Water element: As a boat is needed to cross a river; so, is the Guru’s Shabad needed to ferry mind across the water element within this body. Gurbani says:

As a stone placed in a boat can cross over the river, so is the mind saved, grasping hold of the Guru's Feet (Gurmantra).
(SGGS 282)

Fire element: To protect ourselves from the atmospheric heat, we seek shelter in the shade. We do have the element of fire within the body. Guru’s shabad provides shady shelter to our mind and protects it from the heat of the fire within. Gurbani says:
Where there is awesome and terrible heat and blazing sunshine, there, the Naam of Truth will give you shade.
(SGGS 264)

Dharti Tat (earth element): As we need light to go through darkness; so we need light of Guru’s Shabad to see our way through the darkness of this earth element within. Gurbani says:

On that journey of total, pitch-black darkness, the Naam of Truth shall be the Light with you.
(SGGS 264)

Sky element (ether): Space is infinite and distances very long. Embarking upon a long journey we need food and water for survival. To complete this long journey within the inner space, we need Guru given food of Shabad. Gurbani says:

On that path where the miles cannot be counted, there, the Naam of Truth shall be your sustenance.

(SGGS 264)

Bhai Gurdaas has also written on the subject of overcoming the influence of the five Elements.
Gurmukh goes beyond air, water, fire, earth and sky.

Edited by Sat1176

• 2 weeks later...

Was just reading "Forgetting the way of Love" and came across the following which is relevant to the stage of seeing colours.

Gurbani tells us:

He has no form, no shape, no color; God is beyond the three qualities.

roop na raykh na rang kichh tarihu gun tay parabh bhinn.

SGGS 283

Like our mind is attracted to this colorful world, we also are attracted to the colors of the elements on the way to our home. If you put your dhyaan on the trehkuti different colors will appear. These colors such as red, green, white, yellow and black are the colors of the various elements. These elements revolve around Naam. Those who focus on these colors during meditation mistakenly believe they have become enlightened. In ignorance, we continue to look at the colours and if we focus intensely different forms begin to appear. For example, if the mind is focused on the Gurus, Jesus, different demi-gods or holy books Maya will create these forms and put us into an illusion. We mistakenly believe we have reached a high stage or have reached the tenth door. In Gurbani we have been explained that God has no color, cast, creed, shape, or size. Reaching the stage of these colors does not mean we have reached our final destination. The area where the colours appear is known as the city of illusion or Gandharab Nagari (Harchanduari). It too is a net of Maya.

The way of spirituality based on Naam is different from this city of illusion. We need to leave these colours behind both in the material and subtle forms. Initially when starting meditation, do not focus on the trehkuti.

Gurbani explains that at the tenth door are the divine words or the divine music (anhad Shabads or anhad bani). There is no color, pictures or forms there. Gurbani has changed our path from Maya (illusion) to Naam. For example, a child can be distracted all day with colorful toys and different games and it will forget to eat its food. Similarly, the mind watches the colorful acts of Maya and forgets about its food. The mind that is stuck in these illusions does not want to leave Maya and reluctantly falls asleep. People may

believe the mind of such a person has gone to Smaadhi and they presume they have attained a high spiritual stage. But Guru teaches us that this is the last stage of Kaal and it has to be crossed by Naam. After crossing this stage we can enter the Tenth Door and then true enlightenment begins. That light will be the light of our soul, which has been explained to us in Gurbani as:

Within the Gurmukh is intuitive peace and poise (Sehaj); his mind ascends to the Tenth Sky of the Akaashic Ethers.

gurmukh antar sahj hai man charhi-aa dasvai aakaas.

No one is sleepy or hungry there; they dwell in they dwell in the peace of the Naam (word of God).

tithai ooNgh na bhukh hai har amrit naam sukh vaas.

O Nanak, pain and pleasure do not afflict anyone, where the Light of the Supreme Soul, illuminates.

naanak dukh sukh vi-aapat nahee jithai aatam raam pargaas.

SGGS 1414

Edited by Sat1176

Nice experiences !! Still there are soo many naam jappan valiya roohan. Mr. sat have u ever had darshans of gurus and mahapurakhs in dreams or reality. Because i have heard those who do lots of kamaayi waheguru starts giving him/her darshan in sargun form first after that nirgun stage comes. I know a guy from nanaksar samprada he is having darshan of gurus,krishan ji,ram ji,and various sikh as well as mahapurakhs from other faith. He told that he has often times darshan of baba nand singh ji and soo many other mahapurakhs of our faith as well as other. I asked him what about pratakh darshan and he told thats wat he is waiting for but babaji guides him in dreams,answers his queries about this sadhna marg in dreams. His awastha is on bhawar guffa. The dark void kind whole you are talking about is bhawar guffa. And other surprising thing is that he has now recalling his previous lives. N This detachment thing is happening with him also. He doesn't feel love and attachment for her family as well as other Near and dear ones. He said whom should i consider my real parents . Ma n pa of this birth,or of previous birth or even previous to previous one. Read the literature of SWAMI SIVANANDA SARASWATI. He has written alott about self realisation marag and experiences we come across during this marag in a very simple manner.

When that kedarnath disaster happened in june 2013 in india.. Few months before Guru gobind singh ji gave him darshan in dreams. He told he was lying in the lap of guru ji at hemkunt sahib gurudwara and mountains were falling and ppl were running. When he woke up he found the dream quite strange but when in july this disaster actually took place he was there in hemkund sahib n all this happened. And u r saying that sat ji k maya takes form of gurus or jesus. No this is not true. waheguru has three forms sargun,nirgun and shabad roop. Whenever he has to incarnate himself on earth he takes the sargun form smtyms in roop of awatars,smtyms gurus or smtyms mahapurakhs. There is no difference between waheguru and his saints(enlightened beings). When there is mahaparlo then there is just nirgun waheguru he waheguru everywhere. Even now he is there. But we can have his darshan in saints like sant isher singh ji rara sahib And many more. I'M not kamaayi vali like u satji but i had and have sangat of pooran purushs who told us sooooo much. and made us experience soo much. im getting motivated from u too to do kamayi

Sukhpreet29 ji, the aslee Kamaiyee valeah Mahapurakh will always tell you that there is a "purdah" between the Guru and his kamayee Valaa Sikh. Such sikhs will NEVER disclose their conversations with Guru Sahib. They may at best encourage you to engage in regular paath and simran and drop some hints about what may happen if Guru does kirpa on his Sikh. Knowledge of past lives and future events are known even to any ordinary human being with some meditative practise. The book, Many lives, Many Masters by Dr Brian Weiss will tell you this

Dearest Sukhpreet ji,

I have had dreams in which I have seen mahapursh and some I have met physically, I can't say I'm very close to any and that I have a personal relationship with them. Yes I do try and attend sangat of any that I can. What I do not know is if visions in sleep were just dreams or actual visions of some kind. I try not to dwell on that stuff anymore. My focus now is only the gurmantar and anhad bani that Sri Guru Granth sahib ji stresses upon so much. I have also heard stories of people having darshan in meditations, then riddhiasiddhia started, then those same beings started harassing the meditator. So I am not so keen on that side of things.

Yes certain groups do place a lot of focus on sargun darshan and each have their own path. I have great respect for all but I like to focus on the path of shabad guru surt dhun chela as that is what works for me.

My understanding of Bhanwar Guffa is that it is a tiny passage/tunnel that leads from the agya chakra between the eyes up to the top of the head. One can only enter this tunnel when they see the light of the bindu, dot or mustard seed. It is a very high avasta. This is way beyond my own practical experience so can't really say much more as it's only theoretical knowledge.

Glad you feel motivated by everyones posts here. This forum is blessed with loads of naam jappan wali rooha and we are all here to help and share with each other. Please do start walking on the path towards Waheguru and we truly wish you every success.

WaheGuru

Edited by Sat1176

Woww sat ji.. that's even more motivating.. I always used to get disappointed whenever I used to hear such things from so called parcharaks and people. Hearing thr such views I used to feel low that whatever naam japp I do guru ji is not acceting it coz its maryada to take khande baate da amrit. But now knowing ur experiences and u im feeling guru ji accept love and sacrifices(means sacrificing sleep, comfort and worldly desires)