Meditation - My Experiance, Am I Allowed To Share?

I have a question.. when u get more spiritual does itz normal to have sudden outbursts of emotions.. sometimes u feel thr is nothing in this world.. u r searching eternal peace .. it get really hard to maintain pace in ur job or normal life.. ?? u can't give ur 100% in ur job.. coz ur heart is somwhere else

it gets a little easier my friend...

this feeling used to hit me very hard in the past...not being interested in the world that much..

but you will get used to it...in fact you will get better with your interaction with the world because a new 'you' is being born, one that will act and behave better, purer, and truthfully...

Had a strange experience with the Gurmantar the other day which I don't recall ever happening before. For the last couple of weeks have been trying to make mental effort to get the jaap going again after getting lazy and loosing drive and determination. With Guru's grace am trying to reach the stage of saas - giras a.k.a. autopilot 24x7. When I woke up and was just sitting relaxed for a few moments I noticed that the jaap automatically started happening inside my chest region. It was like my mind was listening to a jap happening there on it's own in the background. To clarify this was not me forcing the mind to jap, but the mind could actively hear another entity japping. It was such a calming, soothing experience and the gurmantar felt so good to listen to. After a short time the gurmatar faded and I got on with the day but still some what taken back by what I had subtlety experienced even if was for a short time.

I was just reading a paper on the meditation path when I came across the following passage which seemed similar to what I may have slightly experienced.

Mantra and visualized objects are then used to lead the aspirant’s attention inward. These concentration practices are more subtle than the earlier focusing practices with body or breath. The choice of what object to meditate on may relate to one’s level of progress or to individual predispositions. In advanced meditation the object of meditation will become even more subtle as one focuses on sound and light. Later on, the mantra, sound and light merge into a single, even more subtle essence.

These two types of attention (on either one’s thinking process or an object of meditation) are not purely independent. Most students do not, for example work solely on the purification aspect, without mantra and visualized object, for months or years, and then switch over to mantra and visualized objects. In actual practice, one will likely use both of these during the same meditation session (this is why some of the instructions can seem confusing).

Ideally, one allows all of the thoughts to go through the mind until everything one needs to deal with is dealt with. When all of the thoughts which want your attention have received your attention, your mantra and object of meditation come on their own, and you then follow these “thoughts” further within. Incidentally, allowing all of the thoughts to first go through the mind, before remembering the mantra, is the way Swami Rama says that he personally does meditation.

For meditation on a mantra and visualized object, one does allow the other thoughts to continue to come and go, but without giving them any attention. In other words, they are allowed to do as they wish, but are not blocked out in any way. These other thoughts are only attended to if one finds that the thought has caused a distraction that is drawing one away from the chosen object of meditation. By then attending to it, or witnessing it, the thought will dissipate so that the meditation on the chosen object may continue. The mind will automatically return to the object of meditation.

In addition, many of the objects to be visualized already exist inside, but are just not seen. At one stage of one’s practice, the object may be visualized, or created by the imagination, so that it can then be meditated on. Later on in one’s development, he or she might meditate in darkness, without visualization, watching and waiting for the “real” object, which is already there, to appear in one’s view.

A similar evolution of practice can happen with the use of mantra. Some students will initially “say” the mantra internally, and later begin to “listen” for the mantra. During those middle weeks or months, before actually “hearing” or “feeling” anything, it may seem that there is no mantra, though it is there all along. Reading or hearing about such instructions or direct experiences can sound confusing and in conflict, although this is not actually the case.

http://swamij.com/pdf/path.pdf

Judging from the above lines it would seem that this may be a natural progression when japping any mantar. Maybe even the onset of Ajapa Japa.

Waheguru

Edited by Sat1176

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this wonderful site and this thread witch I came to know three days before.... Thanks everyone for sharing experiences as its motivating ....

Sarbat da Bhala..........

I'm happy to share so here goes:

Last night before I went to sleep I was reading SGGS and the house was very quiet. Mrs is away so no snoring in my ears. lol. When it's quiet this whistling sound manifests itself. I can hear the sound coming from the right side. This time not only was there a whistling sound but a second beat like a drum. How I wish I was a musician so i could replicate what I was hearing. It was weaker than the whistle but I could definately make it out. Really freaked me out at first. Have never heard that sound before.

I spoke to a naam abhiyaasi mahapursh about it who said I was on the right track but I shouldn't focus on the sound yet. He said I need to remain focused on my naam simran and learn to still my thoughts. Also for the past few weeks the saliva in my mouth has been feeling extremely sweet. So much so that its actually becoming really difficult to tolerate. When I do simran it flows more and more. I'm still skeptical about what I'm experiencing because I feel I'm not actually putting in that much effort. Although some days are better than others.

Waheguru Mere Bharaya Hath Rakhe and bless me with his Naam...

• 2 weeks later...

Recently got a copy of the the book The Third Eye by Giani Sant Singh ji Maskeen. Can also be read here.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/122046776/The-Third-Eye-Sant-Singh-Maskeen-English

Giani ji makes a very simple and clear point on how one should do simran jaap.

That indivisible Radiant God is Tranquil, Immovable and Immortal.He is distinct from colour and form. How to commune with him? We should not commune with any lighted earthen lamp, Idol or portrait. This is all form. It has been created whereas He is without Form (Nirankar).

Created one becomes extinct. How we may commune with the Formless Creator?

When shabad is to be sung or word 'Waheguru' is to be uttered then we should not bother about it's meaning. Only listen to it. We should be alert that no idea strikes suddenly:-

Prab ki ousatat karoh sant meet |

Sing the Praises of the God, O Saints, O friends,

savadhan eaekagar cheet |

with total concentration and one-pointedness of mind.

We should be so alert that we may be able to see that coming up idea. When we look at the ascending thought-wave, it is pacified. Concentration is achieved. But their is much duality in concentration. One is uttering the shabad. The other is hearing it. These are two beings. While listening shabad he becomes the form of the shabad. Repeating the Gur-Mantra, now the utterer and the listener of Gur-Mantra is the same:-

Aap kathai aap sunanaihaar |

He Himself is the speaker,

and He Himself is the listener.

Such a tranquil state is called the state of Nirvaana...

Edited by Sat1176

The same concept is reinforced in his book Prabhu Simran.

In Sikhism there is a general talk about the union of God's Name and mind (or consciousness). Universal Guru, Guru Nanak
Dev ji Maharaj has preached to conjoin voice with attention (Dhun and Dhian). Attention is consciousness and voice or sound is shabad (God's Name). Attention or mind or consciousness is to be conjoined with God's Name:-

dhun meh dhiaan dhiaan meh jaaniaa guramukh akath kehaanee.
The meditation is in the music, and knowledge is in meditation. Become Gurmukh, and speak the Unspoken Speech.

To conjoin attention or mind with sound, in reality, means to listen the voice. Listening only is uniting attention. The truth is that without attention, one can not listen also. One person is speaking and the other person is listening. Suddenly the listener says to his companion, "please repeat it I have not heard." But why he has not listened? He replies that his attention went elsewhere. So if the attention is not in· the voice/sound, then one can not
listen:-

matt vich ratan javaahar maanik jae eik gur kee sikh sunee.
Within the mind are gems, jewels and rubies,if you listen to the Guru's Teachings, even once.

One can become sage, spiritual guide, god or yogi by listening and all sins are erased and supreme bliss is acquired.

Naanak bhagataa sadaa vigaas.
o Nanak, the devotees are forever in bliss.

suniai dookh paap kaa naas.
Listening-pain and sin are erased.

During collective meditation by sitting in the congregation song ofHis Glory is to be listened. Even if the meaning of the song (Shabad) is not understood, even then attention is to be engrossed in listening so that the Shabad may enter the inner self through the ears.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji declares like this about individual meditation:-

Tongue may pronounce God's Name and ears should listen.

Morsel of food will enter in the body through the mouth and will become a part of the body after digestion as marrow, meat, blood and physical strength. Food is to be prepared by hands and is to be eaten by the mouth.

GOD's name is to be pronounced by the mouth and it will enter in the mind through the ears. When the Shabad (God's name) enters the inner most consciousness through the ears, then it manifests as a divine virtue and gets converted into spiritual power and it takes the form of ecstasy (~: Vismaad) and become contemplation which is the highest state of meditation. By keeping feeling of faith in the mind, God's name is to be pronounced and sung with the tongue and is to be listened through the ears:-

gaaveeai suneeai man rakheeai bhaao.
Sing, and listen, and let your mind be filled with love.

dukh parehar sukh ghar lai jaae.
Your pain shall be sent far away, and peace shall come to your home.

If we pronounce God's Name with the tongue but do not listen with the ears, then this pronounced name flies away in the air. Then it is like this that the food is prepared by the hands but is not eaten by putting in the mouth. Food is not taken inside, but is kept in the hands only. In this way a person is not satiated and the physical strength will diminish. If the tongue says Waheguru, Waheguru, but the ears do not listen, then Waheguru mantar will not become a part of the soul and the spiritual power will not be attained. The pronounced name of God (Gur Mantar) has to be listened by the ears. It is easy to pronounce, but it is difficult to listen the pronounced Word. It is our job to prepare and eat food, it is our responsibility. But it is not within our power that the food eaten by us may become blood and physical strength. It is beyond our responsibility. As the Nature's principle converts food into blood, in the similar way, the meditation done by us gets converted into supreme bliss.

Edited by Sat1176

• 2 weeks later...

Was just browsing through some Angs of Guru ji when I came to the following shabad. It didn't strike me the first time I read it but this time I see so much gyan revealed in it. The formula is clearly laid out... The sad thing will be if I still don't follow it.

Ang 114, Shabad by Sri Guru Amar Das Ji

Serving the True Guru is the greatest greatness.

satgur sayvi-ai vadee vadi-aa-ee.

Earlier on Ang 110 it was explained

Perform the service by focusing your awareness/consciousness on the Word of the Shabad.

Sayvaa, surat sabad chit laa-ay.    

Subduing your ego, you shall find a lasting peace, and your emotional attachment to Maya will be dispelled.

ha-umai maar sadaa sukh paa-i-aa maa-i-aa moh chukaavani-aa.

The Dear Lord automatically comes to dwell in the mind.

har jee achint vasai man aa-ee.

The Dear Lord is the fruit-bearing tree; drinking in the Ambrosial Nectar, thirst is quenched.

har jee-o safli-o birakh hai amrit jin peetaa tis tikhaa lahaavani-aa.

I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to the one who leads me to join the True Congregation.

ha-o vaaree jee-o vaaree sach sangat mayl milaavani-aa.

The Lord Himself unites me with the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation. Through the Word of the Guru`s Shabad, I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. Pause

har satsangat aapay maylai gur sabdee har gun gaavani-aa. rahaa-o.

I serve the True Guru; the Word of His Shabad is beautiful.

satgur sayvee sabad suhaa-i-aa.

Through it, the Name of the Lord comes to dwell within the mind.

jin har kaa naam man vasaa-i-aa.

The Pure Lord removes the filth of egotism, and we are honored in the True Court.

har nirmal ha-umai mail gavaa-ay dar sachai sobhaa paavni-aa.

Without the Guru, the Naam cannot be obtained.

bin gur naam na paa-i-aa jaa-ay.

The Siddhas and the seekers lack it; they weep and wail.

siDh saaDhik rahay billaa-ay.

Without serving the True Guru, peace is not obtained; through perfect destiny, the Guru is found.

bin gur sayvay sukh na hovee poorai bhaag gur paavni-aa.

This mind is a mirror; how rare are those who, as Gurmukh, see themselves in it.

ih man aarsee, ko-ee gurmukh vaykhai.

Rust does not stick to those who burn their ego.

morchaa na laagai jaa ha-umai sokhai.

The Unstruck Melody of the Bani resounds through the Pure Word of the Shabad; through the Word of the Guru`s Shabad, we are absorbed into the True One.

anhat banee nirmal sabad vajaa-ay gur sabdee sach samaavani-aa.

Without the True Guru, the Lord cannot be seen.

bin satgur kihu na daykhi-aa jaa-ay.

Granting His Grace, He Himself has allowed me to see Him.

gur kirpaa kar aap ditaa dikhaa-ay.

All by Himself, He Himself is permeating and pervading; He is intuitively absorbed in celestial peace.

aapay aap aap mil rahi-aa sehjay sahj samaavani-aa.

One who becomes Gurmukh embraces love for the One.

gurmukh hovai so ikas si-o liv laa-ay.

Doubt and duality are burned away by the Word of the Guru`s Shabad.

doojaa bharam gur sabad jalaa-ay.

Within his body, he deals and trades, and obtains the Treasure of the True Name.

kaa-i-aa andar vanaj karay vaapaaraa naam niDhaan sach paavni-aa.

The life-style of the Gurmukh is sublime; he sings the Praises of the Lord.

gurmukh karnee har keerat saar.

The Gurmukh finds the gate of salvation.

gurmukh paa-ay mokh du-aar.

Night and day, he is imbued with the Lord`s Love. He sings the Lord`s Glorious Praises, and he is called to the Mansion of His Presence.

an-din rang rataa gun gaavai andar mahal bulaavani-aa.  

The True Guru, the Giver, is met when the Lord leads us to meet Him.

satgur daataa milai milaa-i-aa.

Through perfect destiny, the Shabad is enshrined in the mind.

poorai bhaag man sabad vasaa-i-aa.

O Nanak, the greatness of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is obtained by chanting the Glorious Praises of the True Lord.

naanak naam milai vadi-aa-ee har sachay kay gun gaavani-aa.

WaheGuru WaheGuru WaheGuru WaheGuru WaheGuru  ....

Edited by Sat1176

I was just going to explain my interpretation of Rom Rom simran.

It's mentioned quite often in the order of saas graas, saas saas and then rom rom, but very rarely does any mahapursh give any details about it.

I get that impression because it is a very practical technique that involves sukham sareer compared to physical, and I assume that most teachers/mahapursh/sant show and demonstrate to an abyhasee only after he is adept in saas graas and saas saas.

It almost seems as it is kept hush hush and some sant/mahapursh don't reveal to student until x-amount of years have been spent doing the other vidhis/jugtees.

I found that I could get a little information from one place and another little idea from another,,,,, so basically, my interpretation is from gathering the little bits and putting them together from varying sources.

I must stress that as far as I understand it, one should be doing this only when they know how to maintain or get very close to a steadiness and when they are able to get breath balanced (ie,, via sukhmana channel)

Primarily,one has to do more abyhaas to get the nadhis cleansed and stimulated, and when this happens- the sukham sareer properties start coming into play.

I won't go into the vidhies of breath balancing or dhyian control for now,but will give you my understanding and how I've been doing the rom rom simran.

ROM ROM SIMRAN

This is pasanti bhani jap- which is mental,silent and completely from the sukham Mind.

and it is antar ghat (completely internal)

We are using sukham ears and sukham mouth to jap. (ie,,,sukham gyan and karam indries)

It is ALL sukham compared to the Physical breathing manoeuvres/inhalations/tongue use....etc.. in Saas graas & Saas saas

However, there is just the beginning aspect of trying to feel the pulse or heartbeat that is classed as physical, but once you master it, then it all becomes sukham.

A little point I would like to make is about some confusion about matching breathing with heartbeat - which can no doubt lead to hyperventilation !

I really don't think that you should match your breath to heartbeat- since this is ALL sukham from what I gather. If we start matching physical breath then we are going towards sargun/physical actions again.

The way I see it is-

With simran we progress through the jugtees and techniques by gradually making our surti, dhyian and actions to go from Sargun to Nirgun. Because if our surti can come out and away from the sargun body, then we move away from the grasps of kaal and his maya dominance. Therefore, we need to make surti/dhyian move from Sargun to Nirgun.

(remember- before creation there was just the nirgun shabad and all sargun manifested after. It makes sense to go back home in that reverse order!)

As to the the rapid breathing technique that can lead to hyperventilation and hypoxia, I am aware that some akj practice this, but this is not to be confused with heartbeat & rom rom jugtee, or any other jugtee for that matter.

Hypoxia or oxygen deprivation from rapid hyperventilation gives a person a good feeling of being lightheaded. I have heard how some of them claim to have the feeling of divine anand from their fast paced kirtan samagams, but this is nothing much different than the 2 minute high that party students get with nitric 'poppers'

Technique/method

1) 1st quieten and get that steady state where breath is balanced.

2) Try and feel your heart beat by putting the focus in that area

3) If this is difficult, then it may help if-

-a) you hold your breath for a few seconds and then try to locate/listen.

-B) Or you can instead try and feel your pulse on the wrist.

4) Once you find the beat and can follow it's beating rhythm, then putting some more dhyian there should make it more louder and prominent.

5 )the anhad naad/dhun should also get louder if it's there.

-I usually find that they both get more enhanced at the same time

6) Now that the heart beating is clear and can be followed, you incorporate and match the gurmantar along with it to begin rom rom.

-this itself can be done in 2 ways

a) you should be able to identify an ''up'' beat and a ''down'' beat.

...then coincide the Wahe-with-Up, and the Guru-with-Down.

OR..

b)when the beat is too fast to differentiate the up/down, then you can match the whole gurmantar with this faster beat. For eg..you are saying waheguru,waheguru,waheguru, without any pause or breaks in wahe-and-guru.

With practice, you should eventually be able to locate the heartbeat without touching or feeling any pulse.

If you HOLD the breath for a few seconds, then this will help make it easier as well.

NEXT, the goal is to put the focus on navel, because when focusing at navel one can be steady in the sukhmanna channel and try to rise up.

The sukhmanna channel runs directly from navel area towards the nijh ghar.

Before we are born and in the womb, this connection is fully active and tuned with waheguru. When the umbilical cord is cut and the birth breath are taken, is when the veil of maya physical world starts it's course.

ਮਨ ਰੇ ਪਵਨ ਦ੍ਰਿੜ ਸੁਖਮਨ ਨਾਰੀ ਰਹਾਉ
Man re pavan ḏariṛ sukẖman nārī. ||1|| rahā▫o.
O mind, hold your breath steady within the central channel of the Sushmanaa. ||1||Pause||

So, it is important to get that steady breath balance before you start rom rom.

This steadiness and control happens when there are no thoughts.

If any thoughts arise, then the breath balance goes into either side of Ida or pingala.

That’s why it is called the turbulent ocean (bhavsagar) because we rock from side to side (left to right), or from ida to pingala whilst trying to travel up the nadis to try and maintain that steadiness in sukhmana throughout.

This 2nd stage of rom rom is to focus around navel area and feel the pulse there which is much more sukham.

The focus I believe is not directly at the belly button, but you feel the pulse and rom rom vibration just below it and deeper inside.

It is the area called the DHARAN.- which is about 1 inch below and 1 inch inwards.

I often find it a little easier to locate this subtle area compared to the heartbeat sometimes.

The vibrations that I feel there can be In and Out and so I use the mental Wahe-in and Guru-out,

OR sometimes they may be going slightly up/down at an angle rather than in/out, but I still use the same method and have noticed that the rate of rom rom vibration is mostly the same.

All the jap is done in complete sukham from the mind and it can help if you do the internal, mental chant with the inner voice being raised with some power behind it.

The last step I usually make is to make sure that I am breathing slowly and normally and not accidentally incorporating the breath into the jap rhythm-which can be very easily done (and then you can end up with the hyperventilating issue explained above),

This practice takes you on a whole new quest with both mystical and spiritual experiences being individual and very personal to each of us and you know that they can't be discussed openly.

I can seriously understand why it is of great importance to have the right sangat and experienced gurmukh/mahapursh/sant guidance/advisor to assist you along the encounters at this stage. This is probably the reason of why it has that ''hush hush'' factor and doesn't get explained too often.

Sadly, I'm not in the company of any mahapursh and at certain times I have felt the desperate need to get questions answered.

Somehow I seemed to have managed so far with gurbani, info sources and my beloved waheguru's blessings.

I have been struggling to get to grips with rom rom simran and I always struggled to feel the heart beating within for extended periods of time or strongly enough that I could place my dhyan on it. However last night as I was totally relaxed doing VERY slow sass sass with elongated WaaaahhhhheGuuuuuurrruuuuu internally when I began to really feel the heart pumping. It became so clear I was loving it. At this time I didn't try to synchronise my simran with it, I just wanted to maintain the slowing breathing pace so I could feel the heart beat for an extended period of time and identify what I needed to do breath wise to feel the beat. The key here is definitely very slow consistent inhales and exhales for at least 5 seconds each or longer. It should be so slow and subtle that you can softly feel the air coming in and out through the nostrils.

When I now read Lucky's post again he clearly instructed to breath slowly.

Edited by Sat1176

Had an unusual experience last night whilst I was just being still with eyes closed. All of sudden I was seeing flashes of fluid red and yellow but this didn't feel like I was looking with the physical eyes when I saw green many moons ago. It felt more like I was looking with dream eyes, or eyes of the mind so to speak. It made me feel very dizzy but intense never the less. Could only maintain that state for a few minutes before I had to withdraw and open my eyes.

In the past I have been told to avoid looking at colours but did find this captivating.

Edited by Sat1176

There is so much different stuff about colours and lights in meditation that it can get quite confusing.

My own understanding and little conclusions are that all the colours of spectrum will come and go as part of the kundalini process.

The idea is to just let them pass and not stop, or just pass through them as if you are going through different coloured tunnels. Think of Gurmantar as the driving force taking you through and hold on to the this.

If you do this and hold gurmantar, then most of these should pass through quite quickly(days/weeks) but when you get to purple/violet...it should get a little calmer and steady.

I also find that if i am very dedicated with my Simran, and my longing is strong and intense...that the purple/violet turns to white...and the more Simran i do, the more focus on Gurmanter, the white just becomes more brighter and intense day by day until it fills my minds eye..

and then if i miss simran for a few days, or get pulled back into Maya, the brightness reduces.

Anyone feel strong bolts of energy building internally after some time during meditation? It's like these energy balls want to shoot out of the body. Very intense feeling. Sometimes they are so strong they lead to sudden involuntary movements. 

i dont know if i were to term it meditative but after Dasam paath ...i feel the energy flow ..very high ..when i clench my fists i feel to do yudh ..the nose the mouth the center forehead ..they all seem to have that flow ..and then just feel to recite Akaal Akaal Akaal...

This is mostly when the prana energy is balancing and aligning. The distribution of the prana/chi is very irregular in us manmukhs because of so many blocked energy channels.

When these type of complete involuntary movements come then you should try to overcome them by continuing and being persistent in my opinion....I say this because anytime I have experienced these--->>>usually results in moving to a higher next stage.

However, if you pull back, then you may start stepping down a level or two.

Yoga and postural asanas are VERY useful in helping minimize blocked energy flows and helping one's progress. and I gave personally found sitting upright, back straight, completely centered help me dramatically..... and this should also help if one goes towards very deep stages of sunn samadhi

This is slightly different and not so "involuntary"....since it's the "emotions" that help induce such a state. Nevertheless, it is one of "jor" and power that can help the strong discipline minded...... Good on you man...this is the same spiritual strength required in ghatka and martial arts to bring out hidden physical strengths and energies.

It is still 'meditative' because you are focusing inner emotions and energies directly into strength.......this is exactly what real kung-fu meditation is about.

I felt it more in the arms and legs. Its like a ball of energy builds up in the arms and legs then wants to discharge out via the hands and feet. Sometimes the sensation was so strong that it resulted in sudden jerks of the limbs.

I was listening to some lectures from GuruMaa and in one of them she clarifies how do you know one is reciting the mantra correctly? She then went on to say that you should begin to feel charges of electricity or energy.

Lucky what do you mean by overcome? Let them happen or try and hold the energy within?

With guru's grace has a good session yesterday evening where I was oscillating between sass sass and mental jaap. As soon as I recognized that thoughts were entering I steeped back down into sass sass until the focus returned and then went back into mental jaap mode. But then the sensations became so strong that they drew my attention towards them. It was like a plasma ball had build up in the arm or leg and it want to fire out. Hope that makes sense.

Overcome...meaning to overpower them and let the MIND control in sync with the body. ...ie..let your body go where your mind takes it by not letting the body divert the mind

Yog is union with God, and this is done by working with Mind and Body in order to direct the soul/atma.....since we are just Mind, Body and Soul.

This is what I mean that positioning your body both correctly and uniformly will also let the energy flow uniformly.

When this happens then the vibrating motions are still felt but it is more the linear flowing that should be happening and not physical jerks whereby your "stillness" is interrupted.

It's common for very unbalanced prana to throw bodies up in air and sideways or keep knocking their still stance..  ... we seriously don't want to experience any of this. So the idea is to be in physical sehaj and balance from early on.

now I'm sounding like that I'm trying to sell the science of yoga that I practice :)

Edited by Lucky

I'm telling you guys.....last night (pooranmashi).... I certainly felt the moons energy and had plenty of subtle vibrations flowing within...  I'm really not surprised that you felt the same Sat...(I did suggest on an other thread that everyone have a go at some meaningful jap and I was being serious!)

I swear this moon business and pooranmashi... is bigger than we actually realise..  ...and I'm not saying that because of nanaksar.. because I've never been associated with any jatha......But seriously, I've only realised the spiritual strengths and truth that has come from Nanaksar's directions since I've been doing abyaas myself.

Dhan dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji.......

Edited by Lucky

Speaking of moon, another useful tip. Someone questioned GuruMaa on what breathing channel should be active when doing mantra jaap? i.e. left side/ chand / moon or right side / sooraj / sun.

She advised that try and do mantra jaap with left channel active or both. Right side breathing should be done when doing physically active tasks. She said that if left is active during jaap then as the mind moves toward stillness then automatically both channels would open up. Otherwise there will be natural transition between left and right and per the body's normal cycle.

Edited by Sat1176

I was at the Nanaksar Gurudwara for Pooranmashi last night. Had the good fortune of listening to sampat Akhand Path which includes recitation of Moolmantar & Aukhi Ghadi Shabad , Aarti & Bhog de Shabad.  I can definitely say that last night my mental state was very receptive compared to any other day of month, havent felt that in a long while.
As if it wanted to receive all the grace it could from Dhan Guru Nanak Dev JI maharaj! And as a result this morning I was woken up around 2:30 am with a pleasant dream in which I saw some singhs doing chaur seva of Guru Granth Sahib with pleasant scents & perfumes. This woke me and left me in a pleasant mood. So some nights are definitely better for receiving grace. And it was my birthday on poornamashi night, so all in all thanks to Guru Nanak for his grace. :)

I swear this moon business and pooranmashi... is bigger than we actually realise..  ...and I'm not saying that because of nanaksar.. because I've never been associated with any jatha......But seriously, I've only realised the spiritual strengths and truth that has come from Nanaksar's directions since I've been doing abyaas myself.

Dhan dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji.......

I was at the Nanaksar Gurudwara for Pooranmashi last night. Had the good fortune of listening to sampat Akhand Path which includes recitation of Moolmantar & Aukhi Ghadi Shabad , Aarti & Bhog de Shabad.  I can definitely say that last night my mental state was very receptive compared to any other day of month, havent felt that in a long while.
As if it wanted to receive all the grace it could from Dhan Guru Nanak Dev JI maharaj! And as a result this morning I was woken up around 2:30 am with a pleasant dream in which I saw some singhs doing chaur seva of Guru Granth Sahib with pleasant scents & perfumes. This woke me and left me in a pleasant mood. So some nights are definitely better for receiving grace. And it was my birthday on poornamashi night, so all in all thanks to Guru Nanak for his grace. :)

Dhan Dhan Nanaksar samprada (sect of the Khalsa panth)

Dhan Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Rai Dev Bedi jee Maharaaj

Bhul chuk maaf

Anyone feel strong bolts of energy building internally after some time during meditation? It's like these energy balls want to shoot out of the body. Very intense feeling. Sometimes they are so strong they lead to sudden involuntary movements. 

I remember that many years back I was instructed to do the following AFTER the meditation/path: Rub both of your hands with each other (e.g when we rub hands in winter because of cold) and then clean your face gently (including forehead/3rd eye) with both of your hands (e.g when we wakeup and clean/rub our face). Basically, this will help you to complete your bio-circuits and you can put the generated energy to proper use and that will help building more energy.

I have satkar for pooranmashi celebrations but I'm not sure I agree or want to get into the frame of mind that one day of the month is better for doing abhiyaas than another.

Regarding the Puranmashi, it is just a time when the Universal forces are in particular alignment which would help to further the Spiritual progress, but that doesn't mean one should do no meditation in other days. If you read this with open mind, then these times/cycles are visible in every sphere of life. Our Gurus did say that all days are equal and that is correct also.

e.g When you are travelling via rowing boat to some destination, your every chappu/paddle will get you closer to your destination. But when the wind starts to blow in the same direction of your travel, then you will naturally travel at faster rate even if you don't bother/agree. But as the conditions are perfect, then it makes sense to row it harder so that you can reach to your destination more readily. Same way, when the conditions are favourable (in the grand world of Time and Space) then one should take advantage of it instead of just ignoring or not giving attention to it. Otherwise, the flow will continue no matter if we choose to agree or not, its just there.

Some examples where we do accept that time/space/dimensions have effect but when the things come to Puranmashi, we just deny it.

• In pervious yugs, lot of bhagti has to be done in order to get benefits. But in Kalyug, conditions are such that by doing lesser (time) bhagti as compared to in previous yugs, we're able to reap more benefits.
  • We can see during the day but not at night because of different set of conditions and capability of eyes in that time.
  • Circadian rhythm in body. e.g Stomach meridian is most active during 7am to 9am, so if you eat breakfast in that time frame, then it will digestion; but if you choose to have it after 9am, even then body will digest it but without the use of natural flow.
  • Amrit-vela has been largely accepted as the most favourable for meditation across all religions, spiritual movements.
  • It has been agreed that whatever anyone thinks during the TIME of death decides his/her birth; unless the Guru takes over and then derive our thoughts in the last time. But still Guru is forcing ideas at that time. In other words, thoughts at particular TIME of death does matter the most vs the thoughts during the whole life. It's another story that one would think about what the mind has done for the life time. But I'm here pointing that TIME/CYCLE/SPACE does matter.

At last, I remember that one told me not to say or think anything bad at all because once in 24 hours what we say with our tongue will come to true. Later when I was studying I came across one story in some Hindu scripture (I forgot whether it was some veda or upanishad or some other thing) where there was a deal made during the creation that once in 24 hours (for split second) the saying would be fulfilled but at the same time, most of the people won't know it or will sleep during that time. It's kind of loophole to fall into another hole of desires.

I understand what your all saying and if you want to believe Chand Shakti (Devta) is responsible for meditation experiences on a particular day then that is entirely your choice and belief. Personally speaking I would rather give credit to Waheguru for bestowing his grace and stop there. Trying to go down step finer and claiming it is due to formation and location of planets or moon etc becomes a slippery slope and one can become superstitious of such events even when they may not have had anything to do with any activity or course of events. Personally speaking my physical or mental senses are not fine tuned enough to make those kind of inferences at such a subtle level.

Edited by Sat1176

At last, I remember that one told me not to say or think anything bad at all because once in 24 hours what we say with our tongue will come to true. Later when I was studying I came across one story in some Hindu scripture (I forgot whether it was some veda or upanishad or some other thing) where there was a deal made during the creation that once in 24 hours (for split second) the saying would be fulfilled but at the same time, most of the people won't know it or will sleep during that time. It's kind of loophole to fall into another hole of desires.

Bro, Daas thinks that you are referring to "Vaakh Sidhi", which every person has it. The time for it occurs at either, amritvela or in the evening. This is one of the reasons, our Nitnem is scheduled by Satguru jee at these times. 

Gyani Kulwant Singh jee and Sant Makhan Singh jee have talked about it. If Daas finds audio references, will post it.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Bro, Daas thinks that you are referring to "Vaakh Sidhi", which every person has it. The time for it occurs at either, amritvela or in the evening. This is one of the reasons, our Nitnem is scheduled by Satguru jee at these times. 

Gyani Kulwant Singh jee and Sant Makhan Singh jee have talked about it. If Daas finds audio references, will post it.

Bhul chuk maaf, 

I'm going to play devils advocate on this one and may be very wrong as it is just my personal opinion based on my understanding so far.

I think these types of sayings are generally given to encourage people to only think positive thoughts and stop being negative. If there are such clever people who are able to make such definitive statements and have such divine knowledge that this happens. Then surely all they would have to do is for the whole 24 hours keep one persistent thought for what ever they desired, whether this be maya, spiritual or salvation based.

I recently heard a more believable explanation which is due to the power of pure focused mind. Why is it for an average person do the thoughts they have not always come true? Reason given was that our minds are weak due to large number of thoughts a person takes and there is also a lack of purity and focus in these thoughts. When a person walking on the spiritual path practices abhyaas and learns to slowly still the mind over a period of time then the mind's power increases. In this time the person also learns to build more one pointed focus and attention with the power of thought and mind. After some time it is like using a bow and arrow where by that person fires only one arrow with a clean, focused, pure mind rather than firing a million weak unfocused shots. When this happens it is said it will surely hit the target. The mind is a very powerful tool and is said to be jyot saroop and drop from the Ocean. It came from the ocean of Waheguru so also carries some of the same abilities. It however is drowning in maya so loses its power.

It is further said that as one progresses towards this purity and state of mind, the original desire will surely diminish and the peace one feels at that stage supersedes all other desire and wants. When the mind reaches that pure avasta asking for anything other than for it to remain is like throwing mud upon oneself so that they may drown again just after they have cleaned themselves and reached that blissful state.

Edited by Sat1176