Meditation - My Experiance, Am I Allowed To Share?

25 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

I pray that veer Ji you come in contact with a "complete being" pooran mahapurakh who can clear all your doubts. Because even doubts are a hindrance to spirituality. Now you have a duality in your mind , which method is correct or what is happening.  I myself do not know anything but I would say stick to your original method of meditation and also keep praying to Guru ji to clear your doubts. He will surely do it in one way or another.

Appreciate your kind words Ragmaala ji. ;-)

I think the key point to take away from this experience is that visions can occur during meditation or dreams which may consist of seeing Gurus etc. They are not to be thought of to being the final goal but a stage one may have to pass through without becoming too attached to it, otherwise it would not have been mentioned in the passage above. I was becoming attached to the images and have been given a shake so to speak to try and stop this mental imagery and try harder to return back to focusing on Gurmantar. Rest we will leave in Waheguru's hands.

6 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

Had a strange experience during simran today. Automatically whist doing strong jaap my body jolted up and my back and spine became super straight and I sat up fully erect. I have never sat so straight like that in my life. Was very unusual indeed. It remained stiff like that for a few minutes after which I was able to relax back down. 

Are you saying you weren't able to actively relax or bend your back while that was happening?

To be honest I didn't try and counter the movement. I just let what ever forced me upright take control and I tried to keep my Dhyan on the gurmantar. It felt good to be sitting so straight, something I normally can't do, because I'm overweight in the mid section. Have just read that sometimes energy channels can be opening up which causes the sudden jolts.  

After a while the back relaxed by itself.

21 minutes ago, Sat1176 said:

To be honest I didn't try and counter the movement. I just let what ever forced me upright take control and I tried to keep my Dhyan on the gurmantar. It felt good to be sitting so straight, something I normally can't do, because I'm overweight in the mid section. Have just read that sometimes energy channels can be opening up which causes the sudden jolts.  

After a while the back relaxed by itself.

Sounds similar to my experience. I remember Lucky describing it a long time ago as well. Feeling jolts that straightened the back during simran.

Any accompanying shivers? or shivers by themselves?

46 minutes ago, Lucky said:

I always imagine the prana flow and channels as thousands of long tubes running straight up your body. If you look at some human biology books or pictures and see the blood flow in veins, then you will see lots of valves that prevent blood from flowing backwards.

I always thought that pran/chi was the human nervous system. Same with chakras.

And that by opening up chakras, what we are doing is actually lighting certain nerve networks in the body. Exciting the nerves that have not been stimulated.

And that developing more awareness leads to a higher sensitivity to the information that nerves were picking up and even waking up dormant nerves, esp. in places we tend not to have awareness of, ie, the torso mostly but also in limbs and head.

So since we are less aware of the torso, by increasing awareness into the torso (higher), we gain a level of higher awareness overall, due to the fact that we have woken up our nervous system.

2 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

It felt good to be sitting so straight, something I normally can't do, because I'm overweight in the mid section.

3 hours ago, jaikaara said:

i am a overweight guy so it kinda gets difficult for me to sit upright continuously.

I am not overweight but even i can't sit straight for that long, maybe 20 minutes max.

What really helps me is to lie down and meditate in a straight posture. Completely flat, feet spread shoulder length. Arms to the side, palms facing down. Head straight. Preferably on a flat surface, a bed that is not too soft. Good standing posture but while lying down instead.

I discovered this naturally while meditating before going to sleep, but then I later found out this is called teh Shav Asan.

I think this asan reduces what Lucky calls, eruption of energy. I often find that my energy gets balanced out over my body during the meditation and often times, I feel like I am lying on a cloud or floating as a ball of energy.

I don't experience any jolts in this posture. Which I do experience while sitting straight.

It's like a water tank but since you can hear things, you have to practice some dhyan to tune them out.

1 hour ago, BhagatSingh said:

I am not overweight but even i can't sit straight for that long, maybe 20 minutes max.

What really helps me is to lie down and meditate in a straight posture. Completely flat, feet spread shoulder length. Arms to the side, palms facing down. Head straight. Preferably on a flat surface, a bed that is not too soft. Good standing posture but while lying down instead.

I discovered this naturally while meditating before going to sleep, but then I later found out this is called teh Shav Asan.

I think this asan reduces what Lucky calls, eruption of energy. I often find that my energy gets balanced out over my body during the meditation and often times, I feel like I am lying on a cloud or floating as a ball of energy.

I don't experience any jolts in this posture. Which I do experience while sitting straight.

It's like a water tank but since you can hear things, you have to practice some dhyan to tune them out.

I also like to do simran lying down on the sofa but do find myself nodding off and then awaking again 30 or 60 minutes later.. My problem is that I like to meditate at the end of the day which isn't the best time because you don't know if you fell asleep do to a tranquil mind or tiredness kicked in.

5 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

I always thought that pran/chi was the human nervous system. Same with chakras.

And that by opening up chakras, what we are doing is actually lighting certain nerve networks in the body. Exciting the nerves that have not been stimulated.

And that developing more awareness leads to a higher sensitivity to the information that nerves were picking up and even waking up dormant nerves, esp. in places we tend not to have awareness of, ie, the torso mostly but also in limbs and head.

So since we are less aware of the torso, by increasing awareness into the torso (higher), we gain a level of higher awareness overall, due to the fact that we have woken up our nervous system.

np. I'm. pretty certain that the nervous system in conventional medicine does not regard prana or chi energies. However, I know it's the sympathetic and parasympathic nervous system controlling and regulating impulses etc, but you could have a strong point and that there is some correlation. I know that there was some doctor back in early 1900's that did some experiments and thesis to prove the medical correlation between nervous system and yogic body mappings, but the west kind of shrugged it off. I will try and locate the pdf if I can and let you know. - I understand your point and it makes good sense that I agree with, but I was trying to show correlation between etheric body and physical muscles etc

Here is that that pdf book I mentioned above about the doctor who studied into kundalini, yoga and human biology. (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put it on or not because it's about 20 bucks on amazon!... so take it while you can)

Vasant G. Rele - The Mysterious Kundalini - The Physical Basis of the Kundali Hatha Yoga in Terms of Western Anatomy and Physiology (128p)

Vasant_G._Rele_-_The_Mysterious_Kundalini_-_The_Physical_Basis_of_the_Kundali_Hatha_Yoga_in_Terms_of_Western_Anatomy_and_Physiology_(128p)_[Anomolous].pdf

• 2 months later...

It's been a while but as I was doing internal simran today every few minutes my head would drop. I would consciously lift it up again only to find the after a short while it dropping down again bringing my awareness back into the body. Anyone else experience that during simran?

2 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

It's been a while but as I was doing internal simran today every few minutes my head would drop. I would consciously lift it up again only to find the after a short while it dropping down again bringing my awareness back into the body. Anyone else experience that during simran?

Were you aware of your head as it was dropping?

@Sat1176

Sometimes my head kinda droops down but never had it drop all the way. I have no experience with head dropping down like that, so this is just an idea.

1. Try tucking in your chin while keeping you head straight.
  2. Put your hand behind your skull and then push against that hand with your head.
  3. Remove hand but hold that position.

This will stretch the muscles in the back of your neck and contract the muscles in the front. Hopefully making it easier for your back neck muscles to hold your head when your attention is focused elsewhere.

In addition to the above stretch, try the stretches in the following video. They might help to reduce imbalance in the neck region.

I'm not sure yet whether I need to spend more time in this lost awareness state or pull back a bit and try and remain conscious but with a still mind (I'm not even sure if that might be possible). It's not in ones power when they nodd off and may be a natural response to a still mind. Once I was sitting in my local gurdwara and a the guy sitting next to me, was doing bhagti during the divan. I observed the same thing happening to him. Every so often his head would begin to drop and as it fell he would slowly lift it up again only for it to happen again. Some of the other sangat sitting around him thought he was nodding off and laughing but I believe there is more to this than meets the eye.

Trying to find out more...