Meditation - My Experiance, Am I Allowed To Share?

12 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

I'm not sure yet whether I need to spend more time in this lost awareness state or pull back a bit and try and remain conscious but with a still mind (I'm not even sure if that might be possible). It's not in ones power when they nodd off and may be a natural response to a still mind. Once I was sitting in my local gurdwara and a the guy sitting next to me, was doing bhagti during the divan. I observed the same thing happening to him. Every so often his head would begin to drop and as it fell he would slowly lift it up again only for it to happen again. Some of the other sangat sitting around him thought he was nodding off and laughing but I believe there is more to this than meets the eye.

Trying to find out more...

I think he could also have poor posture or an imbalance in the muscles. If the muscles in the back of the neck give in like that means there is too much load on those muscles.

That I can see in myself also.

So the idea is to take some of the load off the muscles in the back of your neck and use other muscles as well. Keeping a good posture naturally accomplishes this.

Going into samadhi means letting go of the attention in the body and withdrawing it. So you cannot compromise this. Strengthening, stretching neck muscles and creating balance in that region is key.

Ps which gurudwara do you go to?

7 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

I think he could also have poor posture or an imbalance in the muscles. If the muscles in the back of the neck give in like that means there is too much load on those muscles.

That I can see in myself also.

So the idea is to take some of the load off the muscles in the back of your neck and use other muscles as well. Keeping a good posture naturally accomplishes this.

Going into samadhi means letting go of the attention in the body and withdrawing it. So you cannot compromise this. Strengthening, stretching neck muscles and creating balance in that region is key.

Ps which gurudwara do you go to?

Watch this video @BhagatSingh

Swami ji says a stage will be reached where even the surti, attention will not even remain.

Simran will only go up to a point. Surti only goes up to a point. Even the awareness/surti dies. Atma does not die.

Surti should not remain. It should be used to cross the 9 rivers and then let go. Don’t expect it too remain.

Been waiting for a long time to reach this stage bro, just pray with Guru's grace it can be sustained and advanced.

Another person who actively talks of sunn is Bhai Sewa Singh Tharmala in his books. Have a read of "Forgetting the Way of Love" available in the downloads section if your interested.

@Sat1176  You can also try using a bairagan or something as a chin-rest to prevent your head from tilting forward.

Tundra basically is like a sleep but of deeper quality. I have not personally experienced it only heard that advanced teachers can help you recognize it.

@Raju   Can you elaborate on Tundra concept ? Have you personally experienced it. Thanks.

22 minutes ago, Sat1176 said:

@Rock funny you should mention Sant Baba Nand Singh ji because recall now seeing a photo him in a similar position. Looks like his head has also dropped.

Sant Nand Singh Ji Nanaksar Kaleran wale.jpg

also in the following Samadhi pic Baba Ji is resting His head on Bairagan.  

babaji1.jpg

5 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

LOL I think a bairagan is getting too hardcore. Lets just see how it goes.

Baba Sat Singh ji brings a bairagan home, spreads asana of deer skin, wear white chola & white turban and start samadhi. Whole family especially wife gets worried lol.

http://www.chopra.com/ccl/whats-the-significance-of-sensations-during-meditation

Spontaneous movement of hands and head

Question: Sometimes in meditation my hands (particularly my right hand) will
rise on its own accord and begin to rotate at the wrist. I have had other sensations as well – my head will turn and feel pushed over either my right or left shoulder as
far as it can stretch. The movements feel very strong and powerful, though slow and almost methodical. I haven’t (yet) become alarmed by the movements, because they are not painful (the stretching  is almost pleasant like yoga) but they do seem to keep  me from meditating regularly. Is this something I should avoid and it is helpful for me to resume my meditation practice? If I feel these sensations coming on, should I end my meditation immediately or somehow direct my mind to “talk my body out of” these movements? What is going on? Thank you.

Deepak’s response:
As the mind settles down in meditation, the body follows it in terms of getting deeper rest, softer breathing, and lower metabolic rate. And whenever the body gets an
opportunity for profound rest, it takes that opportunity to clear away whatever old tensions and traumas there may be stored away from the past. Typically these stresses
are physically released during meditation with little perceptible movement, but sometimes, when the  conditioning or stress is imprinted more deeply, then you  may experience periods of more pronounced or exaggerated physical movement in meditation while the body is being healed.

This is perfectly normal. Just make sure that you maintain a neutral attitude throughout the process. Neither do you want to resent or be afraid of the sensations, nor do you want to indulge in them by thinking that the more it happens the better the release process is. If you glorify it in that way, you run the danger of promoting it beyond its natural need. Once the conditioning has been cleared, the movements will stop on their own.

- See more at: http://www.chopra.com/ccl/whats-the-significance-of-sensations-during-meditation#sthash.YTeSRZhh.dpuf

• 4 weeks later...

The  Embodiment  of  the  Lord  of  the  Universe  roars  like  the  thunder-cloud.

ghan garjat gobind roop.  

Singing  His  Glorious  Praises  brings  peace  and  bliss.  Pause

gun gaavat sukh chain.  rahaa-o.  

The  Sanctuary  of  the  Lord`s  Feet  carries  us  across  the  world-ocean.  His Sublime  Word  is  the  unstruck  celestial  melody.  

har  charan  saran  taran  saagar  Dhun  anhataa  ras  bain.   

The thirsty traveller`s consciousness obtains the water of the soul from the pool of nectar.  

pathik pi-aas chit sarovar aatam jal lain.

Servant Nanak loves the Blessed Vision of the Lord; in His Mercy, God has blessed him with it.  

har daras paraym jan naanak kar kirpaa parabh dain.  

Ang 1272

22 hours ago, Lucky said:

In reference to this, there is a similarity in sikhi from what I gather, and that is a HUKAM direct from Akaal Purakh can definitely be heard if you are lucky enough.  Next time just hold on sit tight and don't wander, just let the Mind continue listening.

I must admit one thing... I was very very scared when it was happening. Did not know what I was falling into. 

Guest Kita Aaai Rees

It is very refreshing reading all of this, as I am nothing.. just wondering  'Kita Aaai Rees' .. all the gurmukhs here ..when are they doing there abyaas in the Amrit Vela ? like 2am or 4am .. and how many hours per day or week , and how long have you been doing it for .. years / months .. how did you start .. your struggle .. 

On 2016-04-03 at 1:11 PM, hsingh6 said:

sat veerjee,

Bairagan is soooooooo comfortable that it is hard to describe. your back stays totally erect with little effort, the arms are relaxed and you can really really sit for long hours. dont take my word for it, just try it.

best

Notice that all the people using it in the photos are old.

You don't want to rely on support when you are still young because you are very much capable of holding your body up, which seniors can no longer do. Seniors cannot physically hold themselves up with their muscles, you can.

So instead we should try to perfect our posture in order to remove unnecessary stress from any muscle. And we should strengthen all core muscles so that they can hold the body up without much effort.

This is why under Raj Yog (the type of meditation that people here are doing) there are traditions that involve physical exercise that accompany the meditation e.g. Hatha Yog. This physical exercise strengthens and purifies the body, and makes the body a strong base for higher level meditation.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest skaur

Wahegruruji!

I am glad I found this thread and amazing people who are close to Akaalpurakh. I can learn a lot 

When I was in school, late 90s, there was rainsabhai keertan on Baba Ajit Singh,s birthday. I remember Bhai Sadhu Singh, Dehradoon wale doing keertan and naam jaap.

That was the first time I had an amazing experience. For about 10 minutes I could not feel anyone around me (there was sangat in 100s) and I could not even feel the ground. I felt as I was in air with no one around me just Sadhu Singh ji reciting name of Akaal purakh!!

It is a moment when you in so much love with Waheguru that he embraces you and no one else remains!