Meditation - My Experiance, Am I Allowed To Share?

4 hours ago, Guest c.singh said:

Whether u hit someone with a stick  on the back or on the front, is totally wrong and it inflicts pain , so do not try to hide your wrong doing by diverting the attention to a different side.

you are not better than anyone here so  try not to impose your understanding, which maybe right or wrong , even then, with some you may agree and not with others, thus all members here have equal rights of expressing themselves as long as nobody is disrespected.

many time it hurts more how it is said than what is said

prabhtej is a newcomer and to the date a respectful and sincere member , and soulfinder is a very humble, noble and a softehearted person, and you have been rude to them

This is really a limit! Who are you now?? Don't even have an Id here and now u have jumped in scolding me here. U are so RUDE Mr.. look at yourself first.. .. I have already apologised more than once. Soulfinder is my friend since long if I didn't write ji in front of his name ( which seems to be an issue with Mr. Prabhtej) that is because he's close, and he's always talking about Nazar etc which is not Sikhi, and I have pointed it before to him...  . He's cool here, realising he repeated what we hv discussed earlier. Rest all have issues. 

Whatever.!!  Think whatever u may. I see sat Veerji, hisservant and others ( 5 members to be precise) understanding my point and I am thankful. Thank u so much... I am not taking this further. 

Edited by Sukh_preet

10 hours ago, HisServant said:

do saas giras while looking at it. See if anything happens

7 hours ago, Lucky said:

I think I know what you mean...  They start off small from distance and get bigger as if you moving into them or may appear as if waves are coming towards you.  ALSO, the opposite can occur and they may appear bigge and get smaller. Appears as if they moving away from you ?

Let me know if it's this?

Thanks so much for taking my query. 

All this disturbed me a bit though but seems to be a blessing in disguise which made me feel that I wasn't wrong in telling them ( the Right direction) .. This is what happened.

As I sat for Simran today, those circles/ waves appeared again. They were like going from big to small( it's not easy to put in words) . Inwards movement. As I continued since they appear more often now, I kind of have started taking them normally. So they were getting smaller and smaller and then as I reached there centre guess what? It was an -EYE

Yeah I got seized but then the ' Dushman- thought' appeared and Mr Prabhtej and his question came to my mind. Then I wandered that why did I see this eye?. Am I awakening as @Lucky Veerji said to Mr. Prabhtej or just because of his question that was left in my mind? Or did I see Big boss (lol) I hate it and call it crap but eye is associated so all those things came to my mind. 

I tried again but couldn't concentrate after that

On 2/13/2020 at 7:36 PM, Sukh_preet said:

I am so sorry for the late reply but I was trying to figure out the ans to ur question, all this while. These circles as I sit for meditation are like circles of light ( light waves) in my vision. In my mind.

As I sit for meditation I hear Sahej dhunn and see these waves - sometimes outwards other times inwards or like feel earth rotating ( I mean something is rotating- the circular motion). I don't know what it is, or if it means anything. 

Thanks in advance

Funnily enough I saw these white rotating rings also. They were coming towards me as I listened to the dhun. 

If I understand it correctly it is not rings coming towards us. Our surti is passing through riding on shabad as we listen. 

However I do know I was using a slightly different technique today of raising my surti higher in my head then normal. 

I was following along to this video. From 24 mins goes through Saas giras, Saas Saas, romrom, to raising surti to top of head. 

Is that what you do? 

14 minutes ago, Sat1176 said:

I do know I was using a slightly different technique today of raising my surti higher in my head then normal. 

Is that what you do? 

Lol, I always wanted to fly as a kid. When mom used to scold me to get to sleep every night and I didn't feel like it, she used to say - "waheguru waheguru kar nind aa jaegi" , and I started to feel my body light and fly. 

So intentionally NO I don't do anything like that but subconsciously may be. I don't know.

39 minutes ago, Sukh_preet said:

? Or did I see Big boss (lol)

Big Boss is a clear light not of any colour. Like looking through glass. If it's  solid colours your seeing then it's  elements. 

Green - Air

White - water

Red - fire

Yellow - earth

navy/black - akash / ether

Colours to be ignored. 

My rings were white so using my own logic it could have been water element. 

7 minutes ago, Sat1176 said:

Big Boss is a clear light not of any colour. Like looking through glass. If it's  solid colours your seeing then it's  elements. 

Green - Air

White - water

Red - fire

Yellow - earth

Colours to be ignored. 

7 minutes ago, Sat1176 said:

Green - Air

White - water

Red - fire

Yellow - earth

Colours to be ignored. 

Though that's not what I meant but thank u tonne. This list will help me. I am not sure about the color of waves cos normally wen it's not dark it's white light. As I could see them in the dark, I called them white. 

Thanku for the video . Will go through it ( its long) and let u know, if I by chance did wat it says.

Ssa @Sat1176Veerji,

Very nice video though background voices are a bit distracting yet it gv me a gist on dhyan.

My answer still remains as it was. intentionally NO I didn't do anything like that but subconsciously may be. I don't know.

All this while I have been thinking or hearing that we should not concentrate on any body parts, only on dhun n thas way I was following

Sat sri Akaal All, 

I have a question. Please @Lucky @Sat1176 @HisServant guest Singh veerji clear my doubt. Normally during meditation/ simran my body feels light nd I feel like floating but today I felt opposite. The body became very very heavy. As if I was a stone. Rather every part was tooo heavy to feel. Did I do something wrong?? I didn't do anything different or unusual that I am aware of. 

Please advice. Is it normal? 

1 hour ago, Still nascent said:

Sat sri Akaal All, 

I have a question. Please @Lucky @Sat1176 @HisServant guest Singh veerji clear my doubt. Normally during meditation/ simran my body feels light nd I feel like floating but today I felt opposite. The body became very very heavy. As if I was a stone. Rather every part was tooo heavy to feel. Did I do something wrong?? I didn't do anything different or unusual that I am aware of. 

Please advice. Is it normal? 

I had that experience. Body felt extremely heavy when I tried to come out of Dhyan. I struggled to lift my arms or move. Took 30-40 mins before I felt normal again. I discussed it with a gurmukh at the time and he told me it happens. Not to worry and just take it slow and easy when coming back. 

I had a funny experience the other day and was wondering if this was connected to naam simran.

I did a few hours of simran some at amritvela and some in the afternoon. Then later at dinner i was eating roti with family and i felt this uncontrollable urge to laugh. All of a sudden this feeling of happiness and need to laugh just hit hard and it was quiet so no one was saying or doing anything any funny. I tried holding it in but a smile broke on my face and everyone was curious and surprised and were like whats  happening and whats so funny. I couldnt hold it in and started laughing so hard and everyone was a little confused and they started laughing a little seeing me laugh hard like a crazy man while they were still trying to figure out why i was laughing. I had no explanation and i couldnt speak without my own laughing interrupting. Maybe for a good minute i just kept laughing and pausing to breathe in so i could laugh more. After a minute it sarted to come under control and i was able to respond a little clearly. I just told them it was nothing a few times because I have absolutely no idea. The feeling just hit and I never had a experience like that before. There were a few times where something would pop into my head and just make me smile but not laugh and outburst as I did. 

Has the sangat had any similar experience, or maybe some explanation. I am really curious.

On 2/17/2020 at 8:43 PM, Sat1176 said:

Funnily enough I saw these white rotating rings also. They were coming towards me as I listened to the dhun. 

If I understand it correctly it is not rings coming towards us. Our surti is passing through riding on shabad as we listen. 

However I do know I was using a slightly different technique today of raising my surti higher in my head then normal. 

I was following along to this video. From 24 mins goes through Saas giras, Saas Saas, romrom, to raising surti to top of head. 

Water

Is that what you do? 

On 2/18/2020 at 12:26 AM, Sukh_preet said:

Ssa @Sat1176Veerji,

Very nice video though background voices are a bit distracting yet it gv me a gist on dhyan.

My answer still remains as it was. intentionally NO I didn't do anything like that but subconsciously may be. I don't know.

All this while I have been thinking or hearing that we should not concentrate on any body parts, only on dhun n thas way I was following

I have heard this in a Katha but couldn't locate the track... So its more of kitaabi Gyaan from me.

Area above the eyes in our body is Akash tat. And as per the principle of "jo Brahmande soi pinde" there are 7 layers of Akaash ( Saato Akaash Saato pataal)) so seven layers of mind... Which they call concious, sub concious, super concious,super sub concious and so on.

As we progress in Meditation.and concentrate on Akash tat... Guru mantra manifests or penetrate itself deep into the layers of mind. So these waves are seen as a sign confirming that your surti is penetrating into deeper layers or levels.

Congratulations! That seems to be a positive sign.

PS. This also brings me to write  a bit more on 5 elements in our body.

Area below knees EARTH

Area from knees till Nabh ghaat ( naval) is WATER

From Naval till Trikuti( root of nose) is AIR ( Paon)

Above Trikuti or eyes is AKASH ( Space)

Now the fifth element AGNI is most talked about.. Agni is present all over the body.  Agni is 🔥 fire.it represents vikaars- kaam( lust) krodh ( anger) greed, pride and MOH in our head. Jathar Agan ( the digestive fire) in our tummys, ninda on our tongues, Trishna in our eyes, body heat all over. So this is one element which, very similar to the outer world is REQUIRED yet Dangerous.. we have to be cautious while using it.

Another concept related to AGNI is

( Jaisi again udar Mai taisi bahar maaya) . Fire and Maaya are similar.. we can't survive without body heat or Maya for that matter in bodily form yet it's Dangerous. Hence needs to be cautiously handled. - Maaya gujraan

On 2/24/2020 at 10:54 PM, Singh1213 said:

I had a funny experience the other day and was wondering if this was connected to naam simran.

I did a few hours of simran some at amritvela and some in the afternoon. Then later at dinner i was eating roti with family and i felt this uncontrollable urge to laugh. All of a sudden this feeling of happiness and need to laugh just hit hard and it was quiet so no one was saying or doing anything any funny. I tried holding it in but a smile broke on my face and everyone was curious and surprised and were like whats  happening and whats so funny. I couldnt hold it in and started laughing so hard and everyone was a little confused and they started laughing a little seeing me laugh hard like a crazy man while they were still trying to figure out why i was laughing. I had no explanation and i couldnt speak without my own laughing interrupting. Maybe for a good minute i just kept laughing and pausing to breathe in so i could laugh more. After a minute it sarted to come under control and i was able to respond a little clearly. I just told them it was nothing a few times because I have absolutely no idea. The feeling just hit and I never had a experience like that before. There were a few times where something would pop into my head and just make me smile but not laugh and outburst as I did. 

Has the sangat had any similar experience, or maybe some explanation. I am really curious.

Release of Dopamine in the brain by Meditation ( I read about it somewhere on this forum itself) brings happiness and joy. ( Nanak bhagta sadaa vigaas)

• 3 weeks later...

WaheguruJi

Came across this step by step progressive stages in Bhai Sewa Singh Ji Tarmala book

(1) Swaas  Graas  simran  by  chanting  Gurmantra  to  stop  the thoughts. 

(2) Enter  the  Sunn  (going  to  sleep  to  rest)

(3) Stay  awake  by  dhyaan  when  free  of  thoughts.

(4) The  divine  words  appear  in  Sunn.

(5) Anhad  Bani  (the  divine  music)  appears.

(6) The  mind  enters  the  Sunn  (third  Sunn).

(7) Naad (word of God) appears which will help us cross the Bhavsagar  (the  dangerous  ocean).

(8) The  mind  unites  with  God  in  Sehaj  Ghar. 

From: Forgetting the Way of Love by Bhai Sewa Singh Ji Tarmala page 182

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I have to add:

I just did around 20 minutes of simran, and I have to say: My mindset/mindstate before and after the simran couldn't have been different. This REALLY helps to reset the munh (amongst many things), it really is effective. 

Give the current situation, I was feeling a bit doom and gloom, but even towards the middle of my simran, I could feel mentally and psychology different. By the end I felt totally different, less apprehensive, more positive - and the differences were very pronounced for me. 

I'm wondering about the people who sometimes report terrible negative feelings/dreams after simran - so far I haven't had this, and it's always been positive for me.

Any ideas why all the dark stuff comes up for some people? 

2 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

I feel like I have to add:

I just did around 20 minutes of simran, and I have to say: My mindset/mindstate before and after the simran couldn't have been different. This REALLY helps to reset the munh (amongst many things), it really is effective. 

Give the current situation, I was feeling a bit doom and gloom, but even towards the middle of my simran, I could feel mentally and psychology different. By the end I felt totally different, less apprehensive, more positive - and the differences were very pronounced for me. 

I'm wondering about the people who sometimes report terrible negative feelings/dreams after simran - so far I haven't had this, and it's always been positive for me.

Any ideas why all the dark stuff comes up for some people? 

Thats great man. Keep it up and maybe increase it slowly.  20 mins three times a day  maybe ? Simran is the real medicine for mental, physical and spiritual problems and obstacles. It works in mysterious and incomprehensible ways. 

I am no expert but whenever we do any sort of cleansing either physically or of the mind, the stink and dust does rise up initially.  So the negative thoughts and dreams can actually be sign of cleansing happening.  Some abhyasis say that even yawning that starts immediately after Simran is a sort of cleansing. 

On 2/24/2020 at 5:24 PM, Singh1213 said:

Then later at dinner i was eating roti with family and i felt this uncontrollable urge to laugh. All of a sudden this feeling of happiness and need to laugh just hit hard and it was quiet so no one was saying or doing anything any funny.

Are you sure no one spiked your food with some sukha? 

I found an excellent video regarding beginner question of where to focus while doing simran. Giani Thakur Singh ji asked hansali mahapurush regarding this. Mahapurush said that in the beginning stages people often but focus on various chakras, that is not advisable. Instead one should focus on the dhun of Gurumantra and depending on the adhikar of abhyasi the focus will go where it needs to be gone. Below is the link: