Anand Karaj In History

Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji marriage clearly rejects the vedic marriage and chose to circumbate

the letter Oankaar - just read the parsang from Suraj Prakash of GuruJis marriage and you find out that Guru Mahraaj didn't place importance on fire as the witness to the marriage (in Hindu Tradition)but infact placed God almighty as Shabad Swaroop. Therefore it isn't brahmanism and your question has been clearly concluded by no other than Guru Mahraaj themselves.

So im sure GuptSingh1699 is at peace with himself, now that you have had your questioned answered 100% correctly...........

The other thing that i wish to raise is that if any action tradition or ritual complies with gurmat laid out in SGGS then it is perfectly fine to follow that. So ask yourself does Parkarma of SGGS comply with Gurmat?? YES IT DOES THEN THAT NOT A PROBLEM OR WRONG IN ANYWAY.

Whenever Baba Mitt Singh Nihang Singh would meet Baba Dharam Singh Nihang Singh he would do his parkarma

and Baba Dharam singh would do the same.

Where in the Suraj Prakash does it state the above?

Chatanga,

Been busy man.

Which work of Giani Gian Singh and what exactly (during which Guru's time period) is that? Be more specific and careful about time period.

Guptsingh1699,

While Rahetnamas are mostly unreliable, still they are all post 1699 period, by this time Guru Gobind Singh's 2 marriages have all been performed. Mata Sahib Deva's Anand was 1 year and a few days later. So it is possible that Guru Gobind Singh initiated a form of Anand (be it by reciting Anand after Ardas or any other ritual) AFTER his own marriages. This is what the evidence suggest anyhow. Thanks for sharing the facts.

Pal07. I was kind of shocked to read that and thought maybe the newer version of Suraj Parkash have been modified. Checked ik13.com's version and in Nanak Parkash it says the following about Guru Nanak's Anand:

Bed Ke Mantar Uchaar Tabai Shubh Reet Karee Jiv Bed Ne Gai.

I'm not sure which version you're reading from?

Will be good if facts shared are more specific and verified. Keep it going.

Good point. Rehatnamas are unreliable, but they do show that Vedic ceremony is not what Sikh used to do during marriages.

Anand Sahib was read at all ceremonies in life, wheter birth or death... And Anand from the 'Anand Karaj/Anand Viah' should mean something, right? Most likely Anand Sahib.

What do other puratan sources say about Guru's marriages?

I have done the search in suraj parkash like you asked me to and pasted the result. i cant be bothered to listen to kathas if what they are referring to is unverifiable. it is just propaganda and not fact.

IF YOU CANT BOTHER TO LISTEN TO THE KATHA THEN PLEASE ALSO DONT BOTHER TO START THREADS ON THIS FORUM FROM WHICH YOU LATE BACK OFF WHEN YOU ARE DISPROVED.

Gurdwara Kandh Sahib, Batala

Guru Nanak was married here to Bibi Sulakhani. He was engaged to the daughter of Mul Chand Chauna who along with the Brahmin priests insisted on a traditional Hindu marriage while Guru Nanak wanted a simple marriage.

Guru Nanak was sitting besides a crooked mud wall (kandh) discussing the marriage plans with the Brahmin clergy. It was planned to push the wall on top of the Guru but Guru Nanak was warned of the plan by an old woman. Guru Nanak just smiled and said "This wall will not fall for centuries. The will of God shall prevail." The wall is still preserved within the Gurdwara and a celebration is held here every year on the anniversary of Guru Nanak's marriage.

Anyone know outcome of the discussion of Guru Sahib with the Brahmin(s)? Any Puratan sources to confirm this?

I HAVE BACKED IT UP THE WHOLE PARSANG IS IN SURAJPRAKASH, THAT QUOTE YOU AND YOUR CREW PROVIDED FROM SP IS OUT OF CONTEX PLEASE PROVIDE THE WHOLE PARSANG HERE FOR EVERYBODY TO SEE AND THEN YOU WILL BE DISPROVED, BUT LET ME GUESS WHAT YOUR GONNA SAY THEN - "OH KAVI SANTOKH SINGH DONT NO NOTHING HE WAS A BLAH BLAH BLAH " LOL