101 Jap Ji Sahibs Daily?

Kaljug

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I have heard that many Singhs, puratan ones like Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Ji and more modern ones like Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale, used to recite 101 (or 125) Jap Ji Sahibs daily.

How did they accomplish this and do the other things that they did? Did they sit in asana and recite all 101 in one go, or did they recite them in parts? I have heard the claim that they were able to do this jaap while walking, talking, fighting jungs, because they had trained their minds to "resonate" with this bani automatically or because they only slept a few hours a day. (I estimate it would take me about 13.5 hours at reasonable speed without taking any breaks or doing anything else.)

Regards,

K.

.Baba Ishar Singh Ji rara sahibvale would do a sukhmani sahib in 25 minutes

I think it was faster than that, but never mind. Even today, at Sant Ji's asthaan in Hapur, there are savadars who do 101 Jap Ji Sahibs every night, then seva all day long. Mahapursh explained to me that it's done 'surti-duara'. The surti is incredibly fast, but needs to be brought under control. Think about how fast you can picture anything in your mind.....

I think it was faster than that, but never mind. Even today, at Sant Ji's asthaan in Hapur, there are savadars who do 101 Jap Ji Sahibs every night, then seva all day long. Mahapursh explained to me that it's done 'surti-duara'. The surti is incredibly fast, but needs to be brought under control. Think about how fast you can picture anything in your mind.....

How does one obtain this ability? Is it simply a matter of building up the number of Jap Ji Sahibs one does daily? Do these sevadars jump right into doing 101 Jap Jis every day?

From personal experience of doing the 10 Jap Ji Sahibs per day for 40 days that Sant Jagjit Singh Harkhowale sometimes recommends, my concentration improved dramatically (nothing like you are describing, though) but swiftly dropped down to base level again when the 40 days were over and I went back to my usual routine.

K.

A Sikh should easily be able to do at least 20 Japji Sahib Paaths a day. As you do it every day your speed of reciting those Paaths also increases. It won’t take long before you start doing a Japjee sahib in 5 minutes, then 4 minutes and even faster with time and increased repetition. Getting up at Amritvela and doing 20 Paaths is not difficult with Guru’s kripa. The rest a person can do in the afternoon and even when doing other things like when driving to work or even at work.

Main thing is to try to make an effort to listen very carefully in your mind when doing those Paaths. At first concentration is not there and the minds runs from one thought to another. Bani is Mantra roop. TRY to listen and concentration will also increase along with the speed.

• 7 years later...

I've also heard, puratan Sants and Singhs also used to do sukhmani sahib every fast with pranayam technique complete 24 asthpadi in 24 breaths, by holding each breath and do manas jap of each ashtpadi. They were able to concentrate fully as breath is locked in with mind.

very fascinating and incredible.

24 minutes ago, sarabatam said:

I've also heard, puratan Sants and Singhs also used to do sukhmani sahib every fast with pranayam technique complete 24 asthpadi in 24 breaths, by holding each breath and do manas jap of each ashtpadi. They were able to concentrate fully as breath is locked in with mind.

very fascinating and incredible.

I heard in katha that Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa could do Sukhmani Sahib in half a hour by speaking. Here is the link at 06:00 onwards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 1/7/2022 at 1:55 AM, Arsh1469 said:

I do ardas to be able to do 40 jaoji sahib a day and 2 sukhmani sahib. I can barely manage to get up for nitnem so I guess I'll keep dreaming.

Is there a particular Pauri in Sri Japjee saab which you like a lot? Why don't you try to do Sidhi of a Pauri in Sri Japjee Saab first?

Bhul chuk maaf