Youtube - The New Sikh Gurdwara?

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!

Dear all!

A friend has placed his savings box in front of the computer monitor. Every time he watches spiritual messages that trigger his feelings, he puts some money from his earning in the box. This money he uses to help the needy spontaneously coming across the daily life.

My curiosity is to know. Is YouTube becoming new Sikh Gurdwara?

Balbir Singh

My curiosity is to know. Is YouTube becoming new Sikh Gurdwara?

The YouTube is darshan of the mind via filth. Just like some people don't want darshan of gurbani and recite it off by heart and make tons of mistakes etc and need to go back to basic.

The YouTube is darshan of the mind via filth. Just like some people don't want darshan of gurbani and recite it off by heart and make tons of mistakes etc and need to go back to basic.

Dear all and Gurmat Jee!

Please listen. Guru Naanak Dev Jee is singing.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਤ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਪਾਈਐ ਸਾਕਤ ਬਾਜੀ ਹਾਰੀ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥

सतिगुरु मिलै त गुरमति पाईऐ साकत बाजी हारी जीउ ॥३॥

Satiguru milai ta gurmati paaeeai saakat baajee haaree jeeo. SGGS 598

Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee is available in all Gurdwaaraas. Many have the Guru at home also. But Gurmati is missing. Surprising, some are searching Gurmati in Internet now.

May I ask if Gurmati is received through eyes and ears at the same time, otherwise not?

Balbir Singh

Electronic medium is only a medium. The YOUTUBE is useful like any television, movie or documentary to show us something we haven't seen directly and are not aware of. But it only conveys an image of a thing. Yet our mind and intelligence allow us to discern the reality behind the image. Things are more easily misrepresented through any kind of medium, even direct words.

Gurmat is actually in the words of Guru vaak because of transmission of the Guru Jyot. But Gurmat is also the Guru speaking directly into your heart and mind because Guru links with our atma. So this is why Guru knows intimately everything about us. We cannot hide fromGuru Sahib. Everything is known, directly. He knows even before we do something. So we have medium of bani and medium of kirtan and medium of nama jap. But even before we utter a sound, Guru knows. And when we utter a sound we should try to make it as much an awareness of the all-pervading Presence of Guru God.

One thing for sure, Youtube can be biggest paapi waste of time or it can become a temple in your own home. Depends on our own vasanas. But YOUTUBE can never replace sadhsangat. I say let the electronic medium become like university teacher, and have the discipline to get the best education you can without wasting the time on the manmukh things. Don't waste the life.

Dear all and Harjas Kaur Jee!

You wrote "Gurmat is actually in the words of Guru vaak because of transmission of the Guru Jyot."

People have a treasure of Guru Vaaks. Still, they are searching. What?

Quote "But Gurmat is also the Guru speaking directly into your heart and mind because Guru links with our atma."

I heard this for the first time that Gurmat is also the Guru. Please provide a reference. I will be thankful.

It will be great to hear Gurmat speaking.

Quote "So this is why Guru knows intimately everything about us."

Gurus never claim this. Why?

Quote "And when we utter a sound we should try to make it as much an awareness of the all-pervading Presence of Guru God."

Is it really possible? Did any Guru ever suggest so?

Quote "One thing for sure, Youtube can be biggest paapi waste of time or it can become a temple in your own home."

Like my friend, he decided to feel the YouTube temple in his home. He is happy to watch Dharam Yuddha also. The only thing he does not like is that he cannot bet on them.

Balbir Singh