A Dillema

jaikaara

Veers, I have a dillema. A few months ago i purchased a car and drove it to the Gurdwara sahib and got the Ardas done by the Granthi.

I was wondering isnt this the same as making pundits do the pooja paath ? should i have done the Ardas myself ? I am getting my house constructed too so really dont know should i follow the same practice.

You are a Singh are you not, next time do your own ardaas, as long as it is true and comes from your heart and dhyaan is 100%, nothing else can be more powerful.

All of Gurbani teaches us, as individuals to do ardaas, in fact most shabds are an ardaas in their own right, when we sing them, we are performing/singing bentiyan/ardaasan.

How ironic, we are getting a new vehicle tomorrow as well, would be going to gurdwara. I think we would just take sweets and do ardas ourselves. Remember, ardas has to be done yourself as simran is done by oneself to remember vahiguroo, make that direct relation. Lot of mahapursh also advise the devotes to build faith in ardas and not getting them to do ardas. I won't say its totally wrong to get someone to do ardas as it depend on circumstances ie- something out of our hand but occasions like this, were you just thanking satguru maharaj and asking for his continuing grace does not require priest or patti, granthi, jathedar. If one feel that way, one may be just performing empty ritual or karam kaand.

How ironic, we are getting a new vehicle tomorrow as well,...

Vadhaiyan! Find 4 other Singhs and take Guru Sahib for a ride!

Ardas done in Sangat is very powerful, so I don't think there is anything wrong with going to Gurudwara to do ardas.

I was listing to katha at Gurudawara last week and the katha vacheck said that in one the the rehatnamas it said that Guru Gobind Singh Ji insisted that a sikh must do his own ardas. But before ardas, take a shower, put on clean clothes, then make Degh in sarbloh and reciting Path while making Degh and then do 3 full Anand Sahibs. Then do ur OWN Ardas.