Student Visas Bundh! Indian Student Visas Suspended.

dalsingh101

UK suspends Indian student visa applications

India is currently the UK's biggest visa operation in the world

The UK Border Agency has temporarily suspended student visa applications from northern India, Nepal and Bangladesh after a jump in numbers.

In the last three months of last year, there were 13,500 applications from northern India alone, compared with 1,800 in the same period of 2008.

British officials say the system has been overwhelmed and there are concerns that many cases are not genuine.

Unscrupulous offers of visas as a way of settling in the UK are not uncommon.

The British high commissioner in Delhi, Sir Richard Stagg, said abuse of the system would not be allowed to happen.

'Tough action'

While extra checks take place, visa applications have been temporarily suspended - a decision which will be reviewed at the end of February.

Jeremy Oppenheim, of the UK Border Agency, said: "The points-based system gives us the flexibility to act to maintain the integrity of the visa system, whilst processing legitimate applications fairly, thoroughly and as quickly as possible.

"We continually check and monitor all student applications and education providers to ensure that they meet the required standards.

The genuine students who want to come over for the universities they're going to suffer as a result and they won't be able to get here in time for their courses

Harjap Singh Bhangal

"We will take tough action against those who attempt to abuse the system."

The director of the legal advice firm, London Immigration Advice and Appeal Services, Harjap Singh Bhangal, says a temporary suspension will prevent illegal immigration, but it will also adversely affect genuine students.

He told the BBC: "It's going to create a panic and we don't know when this suspension is going to be lifted. I believe it's for one month initially but it could run into several months.

"The problem that we're going to have is that the genuine students who want to come over for the universities they're going to suffer as a result and they won't be able to get here in time for their courses."

India is currently the UK's biggest visa operation in the world.

More than 500,000 Indians visit the UK every year, among them tens of thousands of students.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8489349.stm

WHY the students from pakistan is not in the list?

Indian (mostly Punjabi) students have grossly abused the system in recent months. Pakistani students have not.

The vast majority apply to useless colleges, make up fake bank statements (or take loans to boost their bank accounts) to fool immigration and come here expecting to find work. Most of them don't really come to study. There's a huge problem in places like Southall where there isn't enough accommodation for the new arrivals.

The lengths our people will go to to get out of Indian are unbelievable - many of the new students don't keep kesh 'because the agents said it would make it easier to get the visa'. That's untrue anyway, but the fact that they readily part with something that many have died for is shocking. Then there are those, who on getting a student visa, sell their services to others in Punjab by getting married to people who then come over as 'dependants'. There are guys who have had 5-6 marriages like this!

The funny thing is that even though there's such a huge number of Indian students here, there are very few of them in proper universities - who usually guarantee room in halls of residence for 1st year students.

Significant blame lies with the Indian govt for not cracking down on dodgy 'agents'.

Situation in Southall seems bad.

http://manvirsingh.blogspot.com/2010/01/panjabis-homeless-in-southall.html

The thing our pindu brethren back home need to grasp is that the work that they traditionally come here to do - building work - is over. With competition from other EU citizens and the credit crunch, they are coming here foolishly. They seriously seem to believe the streets are paved with gold here.

When you come here with no education and a poor grasp of the language, your potential to get jobs is greatly decreased in any case. Hell, even educated people from here are struggling to find employment.

Seems like the message just isn't reaching Panjab. Plus the new breed of immigrant is different from the ones of the 60s/70s. The older lot never had drug problems and didn't waste money on bars and clubs like the new ones. Most lived very frugal/austere lives. These days you see a lot of freshies out on the town 'on the pull' hitting on anything with a pulse. That is in stark contrast to what their predecessors would do.

KDS

Pakistan has its own issues with visas:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6073135.ece

Edited by dalsingh101

The fact is most Indians smell. Indian goverment has done nothing to control it's 1.1 billion people. They like to send Hanuman on a expedition but didn't work in Aussie land. The British goverment exiled the Sikh king and promoted rat infested Gandhi and Nehru.

The fact is most Indians smell. Indian goverment has done nothing to control it's 1.1 billion people. They like to send Hanuman on a expedition but didn't work in Aussie land. The British goverment exiled the Sikh king and promoted rat infested Gandhi and Nehru.

Such a lucid, mind expanding contribution.......

Why are so many UK Sikhs against the new wave of Sikh migrants? All they need is 5 years and they will be set. I don't live in the UK, but I strongly feel we need to support our own. Of course everyone knows that those newly arrived migrant Punjabis are not here to really study, they are just using any means they can to get to the UK and eventually become UK citizens. I can understand if whitey and other ethnic groups are against Indian (Punjabi really) students, but why we need to act like self haters is really sad.

You will never see Canadian and US Sikhs opposing new Sikh migrants. Just because they did not arrive during the 50s and 60s does not mean they are not your own people. If anything, they will bolster UK Sikh population in the next census. Support your own people. If you own a store or some sort of business then hire a Sikh student.

Mithar veer, British sikhs seem to have superiority complex because they are in 3rd generation, its a same disgusting attitude some of 3rd generation british columbian sikhs have against their own people. Whilst, i agree abusing immigration system is wrong should be pointed out equally all across but people also need to study this case by case desperation instead of stereotyping whole people from indian background.

Mithar

People back home need to be a bit more prudent with the economic climate in the UK. I get your point about increasing numbers though but to be honest Sikhs in the UK don't seem to have any pervasive sense of community as it seems Canada has. You can see this in the way Sikhs are essentially nobodies politically speaking over here. We aren't even officially recorded as Sikhs on censuses other than the tick your religion box.

I know these people are our own, it actually hurts to see them like this. I am shocked at the drug taking though.

Your idea for apnay with businesses to hire them is a good idea.

I've noticed some serious cut throatry between faujis these days anyway, some have been grassing each other up to the police and immigration services.

Edited by dalsingh101

Mithar

People back home need to be a bit more prudent with the economic climate in the UK. I get your point about increasing numbers though but to be honest Sikhs in the UK don't seem to have any pervasive sense of community as it seems Canada has. You can see this in the way Sikhs are essentially nobodies politically speaking over here. We aren't even officially recorded as Sikhs on censuses other than the tick your religion box.

I know these people are our own, it actually hurts to see them like this. I am shocked at the drug taking though.

Your idea for apnay with businesses to hire them is a good idea.

I've noticed some serious cut throatry between faujis these days anyway, some have been grassing each other up to the police and immigration services.

That’s just the thing, why the UK Sikhs do not support their own? I have a young relative who has recently arrived in the UK about 6 months ago. He did not feel his community supporting him in anyway. He says how UK Sikhs make fun of him and think they are somehow better than him just because he speaks and dresses up differently. That is unfortunate and sad in my opinion.

In Canada and US whenever a Sikh relative arrives from Punjab he/she is more than welcome to come and live in our houses until they can stand on their own two feet. But I’ve heard stories in the UK where even relative give cold responses to some of their newly arrived young relative as if they are not welcome to come and stay for a while. Somewhere along the line it seems, the UK Sikh Punjabis have really lost the ways of their forefathers.

Such a lucid, mind expanding contribution.......

Many of the new sikh immigrants are great. They contribute to the system we had in place and are real pillars of our community. It's great to be able to speak and joke with someone from the homeland.

Having said that i dont like the immigration of other hindustani immigrants or sikhs who are MTV-hindustanis (i.e. the pervy young ones). They do smell like gurmat said, traveling on public transport with them around is disgusting at best. Also they are effeminate to the point of being faggots. Many dont have manners and seem to have superiority complexes over the sikhs who were born here. Now i know this isnt nice to say, but i sure as hell aint going to let them treat me like they treat sikhs were they come from.

sikhs who are MTV-hindustanis (i.e. the pervy young ones). They do smell like gurmat said, traveling on public transport with them around is disgusting at best. Also they are effeminate to the point of being faggots. Many dont have manners and seem to have superiority complexes over the sikhs who were born here. Now i know this isnt nice to say, but i sure as hell aint going to let them treat me like they treat sikhs were they come from.

lmao!

Well some guys spend their dahaarees grafting and sweating, so its no shock that they get a bit whiffy as a result. That's the smell of hard work! lol

lol @ MTV Hindustanis.

Mithar you should also understand that lots of the newly arrived seem to view uk born people as some sort of naive fools and treat them as such. Plus there is a whole history of guys marrying idiotic girls from here and dumping them as soon as they are pukkhay. These things don't help with cohesion.

Well some guys spend their dahaarees grafting and sweating, so its no shock that they get a bit whiffy as a result. That's the smell of hard work! lol

Lol, most singhs do understand the importance of hygiene, even if they work in hard jobs. But other freshies are just so god damn dirty, even ones who work in the city. It's not nice dealing with them, especially as they feel the need to get so close when talking to you. First they take our punjab, now they want our personal space too. Some try to make up for it with alot of deodorant which is at least an attempt at thinking of others.

Mithar you should also understand that lots of the newly arrived seem to view uk born people as some sort of naive fools and treat them as such. Plus there is a whole history of guys marrying idiotic girls from here and dumping them as soon as they are pukkhay. These things don't help with cohesion.

Some of those who come over have a view that all sikh girls here are loose, and have a terrible pervy nature to their behaviour. Many of them get involved in all sorts. Now I'm not saying that sikh girls behave like good girls or that sikh guys here are puritanical or that we dont have home grown criminals. But having their bad nature imposed on top of our problems just compounds things to a silly uncomfortable level. What i'm trying to say is that we want more gursikhs and less hindustanis.

Edited by HSD

Many of the new sikh immigrants are great. They contribute to the system we had in place and are real pillars of our community. It's great to be able to speak and joke with someone from the homeland.

Also they are effeminate to the point of being faggots. Many dont have manners and seem to have superiority complexes over the sikhs who were born here......

Sad but 100% true!

I have nothing but respect for any immigrant who comes over, keeps true to their dharm, works hard and does well. However, having helped out at the Gurudwara meetings for new student immigrants, most of them want an easy ride and have none of the anakh, physical or spiritual presence that previous generations have had. I don't know what it is - influence of bollywood, chemicals in the food or what, but it's almost like some of them are from a complete other culture. All that matters is quick money, getting high and girls.

The Gurudwaras are trying all they can to secure them jobs, by talking to local businesses etc but there is so much local labour available (also apney) that it is hard. They've got some of them to sign up to the Army, which they can if their visa is valid for over 4 years, but I don't see many of them passing the physical tests. Local families have also provided rooms to most of the kuriyaan who've come over, so the community is helping as much as they can.

Not all the freshy students are as described above, obviously, but the majority are. Sad thing is they've ruined the prospects of genuine students from India who wanted to come to the UK.

I'm in the UK on a student visa myself (not from India though)so I know what it's like to be a new arrival and don't have a bias against immigrants.

While Punjabis send their sons and daughters abroad to live as virtual slaves, Punjab is being taken over by hard working people from other states. WTH is wrong with us?

UK stops accepting student VISA applications in Punjab, Chandigarh and Delhi UK stops accepting student VISA applications in Punjab, Chandigarh and Delhi

Punjab Newsline Network

Sunday, 31 January 2010

NEW DELHI: In a major jolt to students from North looking to study in UK, the British High Commission has temporarily suspended acceptance of new student visa applications with effect from February 1, 2010 in three places i.e. Delhi, Chandigarh and Jalandhar in Punjab follwoing 650 per cent rise in student visa applications in three months.

The regional director of UK Border Agency, Chris Dix, told reporters here Saturday, "From February 1, United Kingdom High Commission will stop accepting student visa applications under Tier 4 of the points based system at visa application centres in three cities. Recently, the VISA applicants damaged Jalandhar VISA center alleging cumbersome method of accepting their applications.

The decision was taken after a "dramatic" increase in student visa applications. Between October to December 2009, the number of student visa applications in northern India jumped to 13,500, compared to 1,800 in 2008 and 1000 in 2007 for the same period.

"This will allow us to properly scrutinize applications thoroughly and manage the visa process efficiently for all customers in North India," said Dix, who heads India visa operation, which is UK's largest in the world.

He said that the applications will be examined to see if they are genuine applicants and are financially capable of studying in Britain.The high commission official asserted that it was a "local solution to a local problem".

All those applicants who have already got appointments before February 1 will have their application processed as normal. But, all the appointments given after Feb 1 will be suspended for now. All new applications will of course not be accepted as well.

This order will not affect the Western and South India visa application centres. "Applicants should first contact through e-mail for appointments in those centres to see if their application will be accepted. I would strongly advise against travelling first to see if they can get appointments in person," said Dix.

He noted that the reasons for the sharp increase could be the "good opportunities" provided in his country as well as the decrease in number of students in some other countries. When asked the drop in number of students to Australia was a factor, Dix said, "It might be".

But officials suspect that the main cause was rather a more rampant abuse of the system.

British deputy high commissioner Nigel Casey said that the suspension decision was a combination of the dramatic number increase in applications as well as concern about its quality.

"Some people in north India are perhaps spreading the news that student visa is a good way to settle in UK," he said.

Out of the 13,500 applications, some of them had been examined found to have "causes for concern".

"Part of the reason (for the suspension) is that the we don't have the resources to scrutinise the applications throughouly," said Casey, adding that the Indian government had been informed in "general terms that there was a rise in student visas last year which will affect our customer service deadlines".

Stressing that the suspension is only temporary, UK Border Agency official Dix said that a review would be done at the end of February.

A similar temporary suspension was done last year in China when there was a sharp rise in applications from a certain province.

http://www.punjabnewsline.com/content/view/22940/38/

Even in Canada I've noticed that many new arrivals are of an inferior quality of human being than those that came before them. They have a very pervy "aura" about them, and even when talking to them I can tell that they look down on me b/c they think themselves so clever. They think they can work any system and just take whatever they want. There's no morals, no class, no loyalty. They not only take advantage of unsuspecting folk, but also ruin the good name of our community. Many of them are little more than pure human scum.

Xylitol

That's a bit strong brother! Some of them are decent, like the brother that got stabbed.

The problem is, you all expect these new guys to act like your fathers and grandfathers. You need to realise a few things, firstly these are very young men in their early 20s, from the villages of Punjab. Considering their age and upbringing, of course they are going to appear strange and weird to you. It’s just a faze they are going through. With time, as they settle down in the UK this strangeness and weirdness will wear off just as it did with Sikh migrants who arrived in the UK during the 50s and 60s.

Give these young men 5 years and you’ll see them buying houses just as the migrants during the 50s and 60s did. If you go to a racist site like stormfront.org or ask any racist whitey about Indians, they will say the same things you are saying here: “They stink”, “They have a pervy look in their eyes” etc...

For God sakes, these are your own people! Stop trying to act like whitey! Don’t be counter productive for the growth of your own community.

Now that we ae talking about 'their' personal habits......what I hate is the strong vocal throat clearing that apne seemingly do ALL the time.

I can understand them doing it in the mornings in their own bathrooms but......on streets, buses, shops, diwan halls - even whilst sitting at the 'tthabia'??!!

The reaction from gore is something to see and I feel exactly the same way :(

They just don't understand how to behave in a social setting

My theory is that all that phlegm is from all that masala/spices that we put in our tarkas.

Thats my Monday afternoon moan!!!See you lataer.

While Punjabis send their sons and daughters abroad to live as virtual slaves, Punjab is being taken over by hard working people from other states. WTH is wrong with us?

i said something very similair to my bro y'day:" panjabi parents have taken biharis as their children, cos their own children have gone to greener pastures."

who is filloing the vacuum left by the biharis in Bihar?