First Sikh to convert to Islam!

I agree with K4UR....

It's easier to target the not so pretty ones, ones with weight problems or problems at home...because they have low self esteem... Pretty ones (even in they're not into sikhi), have the confidence at least to pick and choose guys they want to be wit...

The less fortunate gals end up goin for the first guy that showers them wit any kind of affection...and I've heard that the muslim guys are told to go after the less fortunate type and that even if they don't find them attractive, that they'll get the most gorgeous Hoors in the next life (after life...)

And although it's sad for the girl that she converted, I can't judge her, because it's difficult living in a muslim predominant society...My mom visited Muscat and met a Sardar ji working there, and he said that it's tough, that u don't get the type of jobs or living standards u'd want because they all think ur kafirs...

And she's young, she'd want a life where she could be whoever she wanted to be, and unfortunately I don't see that happening for her....

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

i was raised in united arab emirates for 18 yrs of my life. when i was 15 one guy brainwashed me pretty bad and almost got me. it was GOD's grace that i didn't go ahead and convert. the last thing he said to me was "u are a good guy, GOD will show u the right path". years later his prediction came true. daas was blessed with Sikhi :)

my dear saadh sangat jee, all we can do right now is try and prevent this incident from repeating itself. i mean we should try our best, wherever we are, to educate our kids n youth more about Sikhi.

as for the girl, i'd suggest her to watch "escape from taliban" :D:LOL:

No.

Look what she must have of gone through - probably family seperation friends evrything against her - brainwashed or not - that still has an affect - she must have of had 2 b strong and to be strong that takes guts cus its easier to fall than it is to stay standing....

Did u know in London last year alone - for evey month 30 sikh girls converted to Islam......

Sorry if my comment offended u.

Sikhi is a very individual thing

but when it comes to being a muslim, they have million bruva'z behind them already :P

to support them, but going into Sikhi.............no one makes u go into it like most muslims do when they tell u to go into Islam.........they guarantee things which are not even gonna help her, its foolishness (making her feel really secure and wanted)

easier to fall into false things like islam, rather then Sikhism...................hmmmmmmmm your correct

;)

speaking from personal experience about this - i dont know why girls do it, or boys for that matter. In the circumstances that i know of there has always been a boyfriend involved or girlfriend. Low self esteem also figures and a lack of basic contriol for tehir lust. i think everyone wants to feel apart of something. I remeber when i went to my first Sikhi camp and i felt a sense of belonging, uthoria, pride and love jsut at being there. Now they cut out all my other sangaat, and allowed me the opportunity to be round more Sikhs, and helped me have a lot more Sikhi in my week than I normally would. These conversion things i guess happen in a similiar way - they cut out alot of what is improtant for you to for your Sikhi to survive- and make you dependent on them and then thy introduce their idelogies to you. A well grounded person, or a person with self confidence in Sikhi wouldnt fall for it. But the thing is - anyone who can control their lust wouldnt be in that situtaion in the first place. The thing about sangaat has come up and its true. Hang around with people who swear and you swear more, hang around people with such idelogies when you lack the basic knowldge of you own and you will adopt theres. Its unfortunate, but I think the Singhs success when they emigrated here has been its youths down fall. Everyone I know went on mad missions to to earn enuff to pay off there mortage and make sure their kids dint have it as hard as tehm. kids were a priority but as a result of all teh double shifts- the basic grounding in Sikhi wasnt taught as tehy were never home to teach their kids. If we were raised in India - we would have picked it up - cos Sikhi is practically everywhere - and we would have nmore of a Sikhi sangaat (granted Sikhi has its own theats there too but we woiuld have grown up with Punjabi as our first language, bani as a daily ritual and understood powerful and passionate Sikhi speakers like San Jarnail Singh, Baba Mann Singh). instead most of us grew up with a fraction of teh Sikhi in the family taht we should have been exposed to, but with friends of different cultures which rubbed off on us. If teh Singhs had not been the sucess they have been, and more were unemployed then in theory more would have had teh opportunity to concentrate on teaching teh Sikhi side of things to teh youth. They would have had more time to spend with the kids. Its about time that we did that now. Theres things being set up, Sikh study courses, Sikhi camps and its good to see some of teh positive steps being made, but teh facts are tehre- theres still conversions - theres still people without the knowldge, and tehres loads of little Sikhi organsiations here there and everywhere, but no one main one that could educate everyone. A bit like the GCSE's - no main body for Sikhi educataion. Theres various but to be honest the information they offer is a little limited. Other faiths have advanced with the times and produced films, cartoons, and music which help explain their faith to the nexct gernation. we havent, emabarssingly we havnt and its crying shame. Knowledge is a powerful thing - without it your weak and just an empty vesel ready to be filled with crap - hense the conversions. Its about time taht teh Sikhi community got its act together and spent a bit of money on educating their kids instead of getting a few students to write a coupleof artciles in tehir free time.

about the conversions Bhai Mardana was a muslim, as was Bhagat Kabeer - they followed teh word of God and received the Anand that they desired - because they recognised teh fact that we are all part of god and were willing to hear our Gurus. At teh moment many religions have just been hijacked and the true elements taht might have sent a dcisiple of taht faith down a good path have been lost. If someone converts because they decided it was for the good of them - then good luck to em. However if they convert because a partner is involved - you seriously have to question the motives behind tehre conversion - is it to get close to god - or just so tehir partner doesnt leave em? Which brings us back to my initial point - if you cant control lust, or any of teh five thieves - your screwed

Ive said my ten pence worth - Im sure there was point in there somewhere - thanks for those taht read it - i just had a look and it seems a tad bit long winded.

excuse the poor spelling, grammer and offence that anyone might have taken.

woah - well said ji.... its a differnt insite on things and a clever and mature one. You type well... just goes to show there are so many more things out there that is affecting the youth.....

and i agree with u about needing to get act together... but i think bitesize is the way to go... little by little.....

thanks for compliment

bitesize is good - but theres no overall nationwide sikhi programme for teh youth nor is there a nationwide youth forum set up to come up with ideas which are executed. BOSS do their bit - but I was a little suprised that no one at boss has got a catalogue of any of the sikhi talks, presentations programmes that their different societies do. Think of all them resources - all the different societies up and down the country, all teh different programmes and talks. Someones always recording em. - most of its in audio - none of this reading and getting bored stuff - the video footage, most of it in English - no ones got it documented logged and ready to distribute to teh sangaat. Thjis is what i mean by getting your act together. Seriously its about time that we really did start being a bit more helpful, informative and organised. These are suggestions not insults. From what Ive seen people, espcially kids - pick up more from listen and watching than reading - as exciting as reading is. You absorb more when you watch a video than when you read a book - theres an element of sharing as well when you watch and listen - points to discuss with each other.

Anyway - im starvin - im off

I have done - first i was tol dtehy dont do that, tehn i was tol dthey would be, when i asked when - i was told later this year, i asked around april may time, and when i asked when teh eta was for it to be loaded - i was told november december???

i'll do an ardas, i suggest we all do - and hopefully its up at teh start of teh new student year and in teh mean time they manage to contact some of tehir sikh society contacts from last year and gather some stuff to put on teh web for now...

i'll email again actually - i suggest we all do

last year 220 sikh girls converted to islam.

i find it is ironic how the most fallable religion is catching so many converts. the same could be done with sikhi is we made it a bit more missionary.......people always say "sikhi is not a missionary religion" where does it say that? guru arjun trained missionaries....how do u think 100 turned into 25 million?

i think there are 6000 odd white sikhs in the uk....thats pretty good considering sikhs dont ever get off their ass.