Five Kakkar Blooper

bhooliya

• 2 weeks later...

Lets hope he never has to repeat the names of the 10 Gurus.

This is the sad truth today, majority of the so called 'Sikh' populace do not even no the most basic of facts (sikhi consists of being aware of the existence of 2 Gurus, one peaceful, one Warrior - owning a T-shirt, Nishan Sahib and medalion with a Khanda and bowing their head to the 'holy book' on Sundays), whilst those who adhere to other respective religions at least have some understanding of their history and scripture.

Lets hope he never has to repeat the names of the 10 Gurus.

This is the sad truth today, majority of the so called 'Sikh' populace do not even no the most basic of facts (sikhi consists of being aware of the existence of 2 Gurus, one peaceful, one Warrior - owning a T-shirt, Nishan Sahib and medalion with a Khanda and bowing their head to the 'holy book' on Sundays), whilst those who adhere to other respective religions at least have some understanding of their history and scripture.

dont forget the typical hoody with a khanda on it....and a orange cloth on their arm....

sikhi consists of being aware of the existence of 2 Gurus, one peaceful, one Warrior - owning a T-shirt, Nishan Sahib and medalion with a Khanda and bowing their head to the 'holy book' on Sundays), whilst those who adhere to other respective religions at least have some understanding of their history and scripture.

two Gurus?

Mithar, in my experience, 8/10 times, hip-hop Punjabis I have conversed with haven't been able to tell me the names of the 2nd to 9th Gurus, even though their Khanda medallion has been heavy enough to ensure that drowning would be 100% successful should they ever accidentally fall off a bridge.

Shhh...... I dont think that those ppl know about what it can be/was used for. but it stll looks mega blinged up.

If you think banging people on the kopri with a kara is some ancient forgotton swcret, you'd be quite wrong.

Try doing something like that against anyone who has basic marital knowledge and you are going to get your *&%^ whooped and will end up getting your own kara taken off you and smashed into your own head (same goes for anyone using any shastar without expert training). There is a whole vidya behind it, one which can be found in other real martial cultures who use similar shastar also.

No need to demean practices which you have no obvious knowledge of dalsingh.

As I said, look up Vajra Mushti you will see the concept of fighting with this style of weapon is not as simple s you make out. Any fool can put on a big kara on their wrist and make a lunge at someones head.

One who knows how to use their kara can defend themself against any number of handheld weapons inc swords.

Try doing something like that against anyone who has basic marital knowledge and you are going to get your *&%^ whooped and will end up getting your own kara taken off you and smashed into your own head (same goes for anyone using any shastar without expert training).

I've got more respect for a Sikh who goes for it and loses rather than continually finding technical excuses not to. Most guys I've seen bang people about with their karas aren't any martial art experts. They've still done some good jobs against experienced fighters, people who've had their own fair share of tumbles - not the joke variety but with genuinely nasty vicious people. So just stop that please. Not to demean martial arts but stop being so strange about it. Plus if your a certain age, you'd probably have at least very basic martial art knowledge as it was so popular back in the days. So we are not all completely oblivious.

No need to demean practices which you have no obvious knowledge of dalsingh.

That's like your catch phrase now. Like you're some sort of King Po of Sikh Kung-Fu. Give it a rest. PS - Talk to your nihang connections back home and ask them what they plan to do with the taliban - seriously, let me know what they say. If they aren't planning anything, don't ever claim they are some protective wing of Sikhi again.

I've seen enough martial artists get their arses handed to them from obese, pie eating, violent football yob half pissed f@~kers over the years to know it isn't as simple as you make out. That isn't to deride martial arts, but just putting thing on a realistic perspective. You should try it.

Any fool can put on a big kara on their wrist and make a lunge at someones head.

Not really, many people absolutely shite themselves when it comes to actually hurting someone. Strangely even big hefty bods you'd think wouldn't? Seen it loads of times, never understood it fully?

One who knows how to use their kara can defend themself against any number of handheld weapons inc swords.

Okay grasshopper! The truth is if enough people are determined enough to bury you and have even half a brain, they could probably do it. Kara or no kara.

Not that I don't love my kara.

Wake up Shaheediyan - man if you don't with what is going on these days, I doubt you ever will.

Give the routine a rest. Focus on real threats instead of moaning at me like I haven't got a clue all the time.

For you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pdsZ3wnElo

Edited by dalsingh101

dalsingh101:

Baagh Yudhan (Leopard style)

Origins: Himalayas (Kalisa)

Combat style of the 'Bagh'- the mount of eight armed goddess 'Chandi'. Being the chariot and servant of Chandi, the the Bagh is considered to be blessed above the other deities. It is characterised by one-and-a-half step (running) Pentra which is an extremely light. This style emphasises supreme agility and anticipation. The unique nature of this Pentra involves one foot always remaining off the ground. Its true strength lies in its vicious explosive strikes executed whilst on the move, and the ability to instantaneously transmute into any of the lower 'Khat Ang Yudhan' 'Virahaa Yudhan', 'Sheshnag Yudhan', etc. as and when required. It is the first of the higher sparring 'Yudhan'.Unlike the Pentras listed above, this one is never performed unarmed. The first weapon employed is the 'Kara' used to fight 'Loh Mushti'. http://www.shastarvidiya.org/technique8.jsp

I have also seen many 'martial artists' including a full contact European TKD champion get whooped on the street by a stret fighter.

The fighting knowledge itself is not enough as you correctly point out, what is more important is fighting psychology/heart, I totally agree. And this my dear friend is what you will find the Nihangs still posses, the difference between 2 good fighters is psychology and this mind power/culture is what Dasmesh Pita has engrained in Dasam Bani and oral traditions/ithihaas as preserved by the Nihangs. The fighting art in my opinion is less important and easier to acquire than the fighting spirit. This is exactly what 99% of martial arts schools today lack, hence you seeing their proponents getting whooped on the street. However, a searcher keeps looking and eventually finds what he seeks in complete form.

To admire or aspire to 2nd best i.e. thugs, is mugs game Guru Gobind Singhs Khalsa aspire to the best be it spirituality, music, art, fighting, poetry or anything else.

Lastly, dont keep making the presumption I am responding to you personally, I am in fact speaking to the sangat generally who are free to make up their own minds on these subjects.

To say it is enough to be able to throw a blind rage and lash out at someone is nonsensical and misleading, and will simply create a generation of youths who will get easily taken out by professionals if the time ever comes.

Read the numerous hukums from Guru Gobind Singh emphasising all his Singhs to learn Shastar Vidya. Vidya is a science, something that is learnt through devotion and hardwork, and something that serves a practical higher purpose.

I know 1 Singh, someone quite prominent, , who justifies his laziness/ego (to not learn off someone else) by coming out with crap like you dont need to learn all that mickey mouse stuff, if it ever comes to it, just pull out your kirpan and wave it around like a nutter, your bound to get the guy in front of you.

Those in the know will know who I am talking about its stupid attitudes like this that give people a false sense of security and get people killed. Back in the day (many, many moons ago) I knew a few bouncers who used to work the Dome nightclub in Brum. There were some famous hard bouncers there, but because the rough clientele, even these guys didnt risk relying on their massive size and power, man of them used to learn from and literally worship a small Indian guy called P who was a Wing Chun Master. That was the point that these bouncers truly became truly effective and moved on to higher level security work through their newly acquired reputations for quick/clean/professional finishing. An important thing to remember is that amateurs i.e. thugs/hooligans, only meet/test them selves against similar people, likewise, people who acquire and master killing vidya, practice with like minded responsible people these 2 groups have absolutely no interest in each other. MMA may be called a middle ground, but doesnt really contain the extremes of either. The thug uses his power or tries to find an excuse to use it in his everyday life, the professional resists from using his vidya for want of not going to jail for murder. The professional keeps his vidya sharp for the appropriate moment - this is called being tyar bar tyar.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji ensured all his Singhs and his sons worked hard everyday laboured to learn and perfect their killing skills. It was the reward of this effort the Singhs made to learn a real fighting art as well as the fighting spirit/psychology Guru Maharaj gave, that lead to us inheriting a mountain of heroic deeds on the battlefield, which even most Sikhs today struggle to believe. All Singhs should regard Guru Maharajs hukum to be armed (inside as well via vidya/psychology) and to learn Shastar Vidya as paramount and 2nd in priority to Atmik effort.

Like I said, this post isnt for you, so need for a personal attack response.

Edited by shaheediyan

The fighting knowledge itself is not enough as you correctly point out, what is more important is fighting psychology/heart, I totally agree. And this my dear friend is what you will find the Nihangs still posses, the difference between 2 good fighters is psychology and this mind power/culture is what Dasmesh Pita has engrained in Dasam Bani and oral traditions/ithihaas as preserved by the Nihangs. The fighting art in my opinion is less important and easier to acquire than the fighting spirit.

It's good we can agree on this somewhat. I think that a part of the elusive 'X Factor' may indeed be the rudra raas spoken of in another thread. The elusive factor(s) that makes one a better fighter are complicated. I think another central aspect is a persons Limbic system. Some people are just overcome with fearful emotions in certain situations and some people seem to be able to 'keep a grip'.

I think that Dasam pita knew the importance of keeping martial, worldly rooted concepts central to Khalsa culture hence the Dasam Granth and all the other conspicuous warlike aspects of Sikhi. In fact it was his grandfather, Guru Hargobind whose recognition of this led to the promotion of dhadhi vars in the Sikh darbar. What the Gurus understood is that certain environments increase the chance of people becoming brave, and so they fostered this in literature and in rehits. But we can see, that this is only a part of the equation as taking Amrit and reading dasam bani and keeping shasters doesn't guarantee a soorma, especially with the dilution of original concepts through symbologic representation.

No disrespect but I only have what you say about nihungs to go by. I haven't seen them do anything that makes me consider them as especially effective warriors in the modern context myself. Frankly many of them are well out of shape and many of the ones I met back home were ...well......quite doped up and/or jabbering incoherently.

To admire or aspire to 2nd best i.e. thugs, is mugs game Guru Gobind Singhs Khalsa aspire to the best be it spirituality, music, art, fighting, poetry or anything else.

I'm not encouraging thugs. But I do admire the people who actually give some 'proof in the pudding' by demonstrating effective ways of dealing with them sometimes. Plus if it ever came to drama, some of the guys you are writing off so callously would be more useful than many religious types. If we go by your logic, Bidhi Chand was a thug. We can actually hear similar sentiments from people about Guru Hargobind as recorded in Bhai Gurdas's vaars. When he was shaping up the quom to be fighting fit, he too was considered to be associating with the wrong 'thugs' by some it seems.

Last night I had to pickk something up from a mate who told me to meet him at a pub. Now I'm not encouraging drinking or pubbing, but when I met him (it was an East End Panjabi pub), the way the owners his friends carried themselves was quality. That physical confidence and aura was good, because even though we were vastly outnumbered by goray in the place, they were under manners. If more Sikhs/Panjabis carried themselves like that, we wouldn't have some of the issues we do now. This wasn't any show but the manifestation of manliness and roab we don't see enough of in the quom these days.

To say it is enough to be able to throw a blind rage and lash out at someone is nonsensical and misleading, and will simply create a generation of youths who will get easily taken out by professionals if the time ever comes.

If we need to build up a level of capable anakh in the quom, it will happen by stages. I'm not talking about striking out in blind rage anyway. I'm just saying having bundhay that are not shy of striking blows....againsts others. Sadly too many bewakoofs in the quom are soormay with fighting other upnay but complete giddarhs with outsiders.

Read the numerous hukums from Guru Gobind Singh emphasising all his Singhs to learn Shastar Vidya.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against learning shahster vidya and think all physical exercise should be encouraged, but I haven't come across these hukams before? I have read a good number from dasam pita telling Sikhs to come for darshan shasterdhari though.

I know 1 Singh, someone quite prominent, , who justifies his laziness/ego (to not learn off someone else) by coming out with crap like you dont need to learn all that mickey mouse stuff, if it ever comes to it, just pull out your kirpan and wave it around like a nutter, your bound to get the guy in front of you.

That guy is an idiot then!

The thug uses his power or tries to find an excuse to use it in his everyday life, the professional resists from using his vidya for want of not going to jail for murder. The professional keeps his vidya sharp for the appropriate moment - this is called being tyar bar tyar.

Thing is this 'tyar bar tyar' thing has become a bit of a joke now. For instance my cousin in B'ham told me that a couple of years ago there was some event in a park and a bunch of sullay came and started throwing their weight around. There were plenty of 'Singhs' there with big, full size kirpans and they totally shite themselves apparently and sheepishly stood watching what transpired. Over analysing every situation can also lead to inaction. Plus I've always respected Sikhs/Panjabis who aren't always trying to avoid prison and are willing to do time for the right reason.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji ensured all his Singhs and his sons worked hard everyday laboured to learn and perfect their killing skills. It was the reward of this effort the Singhs made to learn a real fighting art as well as the fighting spirit/psychology Guru Maharaj gave, that lead to us inheriting a mountain of heroic deeds on the battlefield, which even most Sikhs today struggle to believe. All Singhs should regard Guru Maharajs hukum to be armed (inside as well via vidya/psychology) and to learn Shastar Vidya as paramount and 2nd in priority to Atmik effort.

You can see how effective Guru Gobind Singh was with the fact that even a cook was itching to get stuck in during battle, and managed to walk onto the madaan and crack a professional soldier's heads wide open with a giant kurchee. This is the spirit. Bravery begetts bravery.

Edited by dalsingh101

Baba Bidhi Chand cannot be compared to nigur/mindlessthugs. He became famous and his bravery/exploits were noted once he came under the gaze of the 6th Master. From that point all changes, Sajjan thug is an even better example. Again, according to Nihang ithihaas, 6th Master expected his Akaal Sena Sikhs on average to train in SV for something like 16 years before they were fully battle effective.

My point is simply this - learn a truely effective art, dedicate yourself to it with all your heart - ensure it includes weapons and open hand principles. Immerse yourself in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib and Khalsa psychology/ithihaas/strategy to build up your bir ras/raj niti. Take your training to as a realistic levels as possible - teach yourself - do situational abyaas. Obtain quality shastar, learn to be at one with them, pooj them and maintain them.