Pakistan Taliban Beheads 3 Sikhs In Peshawar

Pakistan Taliban beheads 3 Sikhs in Peshawar

CNN-IBN

Published on Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 21:14 in World section

Tags: Sikhs, Pakistan Taliban , New Delhi

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/pakistan-taliban-beheads-3-sikhs-in-peshawar/110488-2.html

New Delhi: The Pakistan Taliban beheaded three Sikhs and dumped their heads at a gurdwara in Peshawar, reports on Sunday said.

The Sikhs were picked up from a place called Badi in Peshawar on Sunday afternoon and then murdered. One of the dead men has been identified as Jaspal Singh.

As sad as it is, it doesn't come as much of a surprise.

As things hot up in the region, should we brace ourselves to hear more of such things?

I had heard that there were a few Sikhs who had been kidnapped about a month ago. This is the first of them to be executed on failing to meet a ransom deadline apparently?

I think those Jihadis have more Sikhs in their havalay.

Isn't it strange that we are everywhere at receiving ends Whether India,Pakistan Afghanistan white racist attacks in Australia and other part of world

Not strange at all if you see how many 'Sikhs' are behaving. When I read Niddar's account of Hazoori Singhs and what they dealt with, it opened my eyes big time. Either get anakhi or shut up.

Now we haven't got a strong fauj like under M. Ranjit Singh to help provide isolated pockets of Sikhs support against bigger odds, expect such shite. I know where I live they would do the same if opportunity prevailed. Seriously. Thankfuly a few East End Singhs (mona ones so you know) have brought serious drama back to the vairees (i.e. giving them darshan of Rabh). When you lose all anakhi reputation, then just expect the anankhi of the other side to come for you. Waheguru made nature so the strong always goes for the weak, Khalsa isn't supposed to be weak. But we are now.

This stuff is no big surprise, people in the quom have been predicting it (in the UK at least) for over a decade.

No big mystery. If we don't have quality fighters in the quom expect such stuff. End off. That being said, those guys were probably told to convert before the beheading. The fact they didn't goes to their credit.

Edited by dalsingh101

This action is in line with their beliefs that the lives of non-Muslims are only safe if they pay Jizya to the Muslims. No doubt some idiot will come on here and claim that Islam is a religion of peace but only dhimmis believe that in this day and age.

Here's a few videos of what the technology of the west is doing to the Taliban and hopefully the malesh of did this to Sikhs will also suffer the same fate soon.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1cf_1259700634

Talibans are radicals and what else we can expect from them? Sikhs should consider moving to other countries from there.

I seriously cannot even fathom what the families going through so i won't comment what they should do or not. But if i were living there, my inner zamir(conscience) will not let me move just because of actions of few fascist taliban scumbags, if i did- i would go against what our forefathers- Guru sahiban and his murids/shahids stood up for.

We need another hari singh nalwa to fight injustice there.

We need leaders of old like the great Hari Singh Nalwa and Akaali Phoola Singh to massacre these animals.

We have to produce them from within our society. They don't fall from the sky.

We have to produce them from within our society. They don't fall from the sky.

Actually I think someone like Baba Banda Singh Bahadur would be more suitable for getting even with our enemies. A Singh like Hari Singh Nalwa seems more suitable to have once we have our own raaj and need strong generals in command of our Fauj. If you read about Baba Banda Singh, he was not produced from our society, he was all he was by the grace of the 10th master.

It's not about being Sikh but intelligent. Here we don't have Sikhs with their own army but few Sikhs who are peaceful business people. They are not there to fight but to run business which their forefathers established. I doubt if they would like to get into fights with barbarians as they're minority there. I have spoken with Sikhs who migrated from Kabul and they chose to leave instead of seeing their daughters/wives getting raped and harassed.

-- Good luck

How Sikhs saved their women from Muslim Mobs during Partition of 1947

These sikhs are not killed but have given shaheedi for the panth like in 18th century sikhs used to do

----------------------------------------------------

http://in.news.yahoo.com/48/20100222/1248/twl-three-sikhs-beheaded-by-pak-taliban.html

Three Sikhs beheaded by Pak Taliban

Buzz Up

Mon, Feb 22 06:08 AM

Mon, Feb 22 06:08 AM

Three Sikh men were said to have been beheaded by Taliban groups in the FATA area of Pakistan and their heads sent to a gurudwara in Peshawar.

According to information available with India late this evening, one of the Sikhs has been identified as Jaspal Singh. He and his two friends were residents of Badi near Peshawar.

(Late tonight, a PTI report from Pakistan quoted sources as saying there was confusion on the exact numbers, that two men had been beheaded and others were being held hostage. It said the body of Jaspal Singh was found in Khyber while that of Mahal Singh was found in Orakzai Agency. Gurvinder Singh and Gurjit Singh, the sources said, were among those being held captive.)

The men had gone to the FATA area for some work but were held by Taliban groups who apparently asked them to convert to Islam. Sources said the information so far suggests that the men resisted the order and were then beheaded.

Later, their heads were sent to Bhai Joga Singh Gurudwara in Peshawar. The incident has shocked the small Sikh community in Peshawar.

This attack, sources said, comes in the backdrop of repeated threats to the Sikh community there to convert if they wanted to stay on. India has in the past taken up the issue of security of Hindus and Sikhs in Pakistan. While the Pakistan government has been committed to providing security to minority groups, this incident has certainly made matters far more dangerous and sensitive.

The Haqqani group and factions of the Quetta Shura along with the Pakistan Taliban are active in these parts of Pakistan which border Afghanistan.

Last year, Taliban militants took over shops and homes of 35 Sikh families and arrested community leaders in Ferozkhel, Orakzai Agency.

Parnaam Shaheedan nu, jenanai apna sir ditta - dharam nahi haariya.

Vaheguru. I hope a trustworthy group will set up a funding process to allow us o help the families of the victims.

The monsters who have (and continue to) commit these attoricities against innocent people of all backgrounds will have their day, Parmatma will ensure that.

One thing is for sure, Sikhs and other persecuted communities need to move away from the Taliban controlled areas, even if it means loosing their wealth. As mentioned above, these men are not fighters, they are traders who once upon a time landed here looking for opportunities, time to look for opportunities elsewhere.. a system should be set up so tht diaspora Sikhs can help these families to relocate and establish themselves again...

Believe it or not Sikhs are more safe in Pakistan. They only refer to Sikhs as Nanakshahis unlike in India where you get called every name in the book.

As for Hari Singh Nalwa coming back, he did come back but was called a Pakistani agent.

Is it official now?

As a quom have we lost our martial spirit and largely reduced it to symbology?

That being said, the brother not converting makes him a true shaheed. I wonder how many of us would have buckled?

God bless your soul in the next stages of your journey Singh. Your bravery is inspiring.

Edited by dalsingh101

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Beheaded-my-brother-became-a-Sikh-martyr/articleshow/5605015.cms

ATTARI: ``I am proud of my brother, he has not been killed, he has attained martyrdom for the honour of Sikh religion. He refused to convert to Islam and preferred to lay down his life,'' an inconsolable Taranjit Singh told TOI here on Monday, a day after his cousin's beheaded body was found.

Pakistani Taliban had ruthlessly beheaded Jaspal Singh and Mahal Singh while two others - Gurjit Singh and Gurvinder Singh - are still in their custody. Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee president Sham Singh, however, said only Jaspal Singh had been killed.

Jaspal's cousin, Taranjit, who lives in Lahore, has been in India for the past three weeks on a pilgrimage. He revealed that the kidnapping of Sikhs by Taliban was not only for money, but also to threaten the small Sikh community of Pakistan to embrace Islam.

Taranjit, who was on his way back to Pakistan, said: ``Had it only been about money, we (the Sikh community of Peshawar) would have contributed and paid the hefty ransom of Rs 3 crore and forgotten about it for the sake of their lives. But they (Taliban) had forced Jaspal to cut his hair and convert to Islam to which my brother refused and they beheaded him.'' He said Jaspal had sacrificed his life for the religion and to protect his identity.

"I have to go and see how the situation is there for us,'' he said, unsure of the fate of the Sikh community in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) bordering Afghanistan. He, however, admitted that he was afraid to return home.

Kirpal Singh, brother-in-law of the victim, said, ``Jaspal and his mother were also to accompany us and they had even got the visa for pilgrimage, but then he was abducted.'' Jaspal is survived by four children, including two daughters, and his widow, he added.

Sikhs in general were safe in Pakistan, but in FATA and other areas under control of Orkazai Agency, Taliban set their own rules, Kirpal Singh said.

Should India play a serious role in Pakistan's fight against Taliban?

If they flee, we will forget the troubles of the world and fall asleep again. If they stay, they will be exterminated, and the rest of us will forget them when they are gone so we can fall asleep again. What a sad state of affairs.

We need leaders of old like the great Hari Singh Nalwa and Akaali Phoola Singh to massacre these animals.

Along with 20,000 Khalsa Faujis and 8,000 Akhalis all armed to the hilt.

Seriously though what can we do? Hire mercenaries/PMCs? That'll be impossible. Lobby pakistani govt? There as bad as the hindustanis. So what's the solution? Are we going to make a lot of noise, only to go quiet until this happens again?

Are we going to make a lot of noise, only to go quiet until this happens again?

Looks like it.

Reading that Hazuri book really bought home the benefit of having a strong Sikh state with a large effective fauj.

Independently as a quom it's like we can't really do FA in our current state.

All I have to say is this, every last one of us push for the martial aspect of Sikhi to become cente stage again. Not in any symbological sense but in a way more grounded in reality. If char, punj nyanay out of every puchee are a bit 'tasty' in the next decade we'd be making a good start. The biggest thing right now will be at family level. Don't neglect that.

There are no magic 'bults', it is a long game.

I saw this slideshow of Sikhs back home protesting.

Protest Slideshow

I wonder if these things are really to anyone's benefit. I mean I doubt the Taliban would be breaking a sweat if they saw it - hell they'd probably laugh.

Edited by dalsingh101

I wonder if these things are really to anyone's benefit. I mean I doubt the Taliban would be breaking a sweat if they saw it - hell they'd probably laugh.

If i was in E.punjab i would stock up on any firearms i could get my hands on.

The thing is if i was a talibanny i would want the war to spread to india as its large muslim population and animosity towards pakistan would create more problems and galvanise the rest of the muslim world into seeing it as a anglosphere -v- caliphate struggle. The war in afghanistan isnt going great and killing other muslims in built up pakistani Punjabi towns and cities will get boring and counter productive pretty soon. Mind you the muji dont seem as clever as they used to be in our ancestor's time, so they'll probably stick to getting bashed in afghanistan and collecting petty jaziya in NWFP.

As we can see the 'problem' is coming closer to India.

From Afghan to NWFP to rest of Pakistan to Indian Kashmir to Indian Panjab!

I give it about 5yrs before we start seeing Tali-Tubbies insurgency jihad in Indian Panjab.

When will the Indians wake up and smell the cordite!? When the sarson fields Mahja are ablaze?

As we can see the 'problem' is coming closer to India.

From Afghan to NWFP to rest of Pakistan to Indian Kashmir to Indian Panjab!

I give it about 5yrs before we start seeing Tali-Tubbies insurgency jihad in Indian Panjab.

When will the Indians wake up and smell the cordite!? When the sarson fields Mahja are ablaze?

For that to happen there needs to be a large Muslim population in east Punjab which there is not. Once the Taliban win in Afghanistan, then it is likely that terrorism will become a norm in India where Muslims are concentrated in large numbers.