~Tendulkar Made Double Century In One Day Cricket ~

SAadmin

That’s because anything to do with India is RSS and Anti Panthic :ph34r:

I don’t like cricket probably because i used to get forced to play it lol

But for a country with such a huge population it is pathetic that they can’t make stars in sports other than cricket. I mean the Olympic team never had any uniform and people had to fund raise to get it them :LOL: It’s a damn shame they don’t receive support from its country.

Do any of the forum members watch or have any interest any sports here? If so which ones?

That’s because anything to do with India is RSS and Anti Panthic :ph34r:

I don’t like cricket probably because i used to get forced to play it lol

But for a country with such a huge population it is pathetic that they can’t make stars in sports other than cricket. I mean the Olympic team never had any uniform and people had to fund raise to get it them :LOL: It’s a damn shame they don’t receive support from its country.

Do any of the forum members watch or have any interest any sports here? If so which ones?

Even in cricket India cannot produce fast bowlers that can bowl 150kph bowls.This clearly shows that Genetically Indians are not good in sports where speed and stamina are basic requirement compared to other races of world.Even Indians settled outside India are not much in sports

BTW beside's being a cricket crazy I do watch Tennis

and have interest in other sports too

This clearly shows that Genetically Indians are not good in sports where speed and stamina are basic requirement

Rubbish! Lazyness is the problem, not genetics (in Punjab anyway - genetics in other parts do seem a bit dodgy).

Maybe if everyone stopped trying to be a bollywood wannabe or an accountant/doctor/engineer and did some exercise, things would change. The fact is that for most Indians these days, sports are seen as something you watch on tv. Cricket barely qualifies as a sport - if only the British introduced rugby to Punjab!

Saying that, Punjabi teams are unbeatable in Kabaddi and you'd be surprised at the levels of fitness and strength required. In the UK, there are quite a few Punjabis involved in all sports, but not professionaly. That has more to do with our priorities rather than genetics etc.

Edited by Matheen

Rubbish! Lazyness is the problem, not genetics (in Punjab anyway - genetics in other parts do seem a bit dodgy).

Maybe if everyone stopped trying to be a bollywood wannabe or an accountant/doctor/engineer and did some exercise, things would change. The fact is that for most Indians these days, sports are seen as something you watch on tv. Cricket barely qualifies as a sport - if only the British introduced rugby to Punjab!

If it is not genetics then it must be diet.It is better if we let action do the the talking.lot of people from punjab participate in Athletic sports in India and they do win medals at national level but there records are not even as good to make them even qualify for olympics.

As far as cricket is concerned to be a batsman or spin bowler you don't need much strength ,stamina or speed.

But for fast bowler speed and stamina are the keys

Don't know about kabbaddi much as it is restricted to

South Asian region and people of other continents don't play it.

Also being a World class Doctor or scientist is also not easy.Could you say that scientists ,doctors engineers are lazy? If Indians can make mark in those fields then How could we say that they are lazy in sports?

I doubt it has anything to do with genetics, if they spent some money on sports facilities and institution etc... Then it would do well, it’s all about training.

What type of facilities do chess players receive in India? But still they are top of the world .Also what about Africans who most of the time win marathons.

At one time cricket in India was only a rich man's game

and Indians used to watch Hockey but after 1983 world cup victory The craze shifted to cricket.So what people want is that to see their teams winning

Also what about Africans who most of the time win marathons....

I come from Kenya so know a bit about this. Running is seen as a career choice, the way we see office jobs. Kids, living at very high altitudes often have to walk/run over 10km to school everyday in the area that most of the runners come from. There are also very early selection tests and the training environment is perfect for medium - long distance running.

Regarding cricket - bear in mind that Indian conditions and pitches favour spin bowlers but don't forget that Pakistan and Sri Lanka have had good fast bowlers.

Which Indian parents encourage their children to take up sports full time? If there were guaranteed government grants that were equivalent to a good salary and sports training centres available then the story would be different. Just look at China - they have a huge sport development programme where young athletes train full-time. They topped the medals table at the last Olympics. To compete at Olympic level, you have to train full-time.

Apart from cricket, which other sport in India pays enough to support the family? It will take a long time for attitudes to change, and without the right government policies, they will never change. Punjabi genetics are probably among the best in the world for strength and stamina - the product of thousands of years of war and survival of the fittest.

Edited by Matheen

Regarding cricket - bear in mind that Indian conditions and pitches favour spin bowlers but don't forget that Pakistan and Sri Lanka have had good fast bowlers.

Pakistan had good fast bowlers .Sri lanka never had.Conditions in Pakistan and sri lanka also favour spin bowling.You have raised an interesting point which was raised by many pakistani's.There bowlers several times mentioned that there non veg diet is the main reason for Bowling at tearaway speed.Indian fast bowlers too admitted it.

Which Indian parents encourage their children to take up sports full time? If there were guaranteed government grants that were equivalent to a good salary and sports training centres available then the story would be different

After watching my own cousin's condition I too say that middle class families should not encourage their children to take sports as career. but There are children who goes against their families and take up sports . Anyway stipends are available and many people which are not blessed with good IQ can take it

Just look at China - they have a huge sport development programme where young athletes train full-time. They topped the medals table at the last Olympics. To compete at Olympic level, you have to train full-time.

What I read about china is that they have created medal producing factories where children are send so they can become future champions.It is the main reason

they won maximum number of medals in last olympics.

Apart from cricket, which other sport in India pays enough to support the family? It will take a long time for attitudes to change, and without the right government policies, they will never change. Punjabi genetics are probably among the best in the world for strength and stamina - the product of thousands of years of war and survival of the fittest.

Agreed not much support is available,but what about Indians living outside India? How about producing good cricketers and footballers for England?

Edited by kdsingh80

My goodness, will wonders never cease! A Hindu notonly being accused of being an RSS/GOI agent, but also praised!

Next we will be praising Muslim sportmen! (or is that pushing it...?)

N30, I have absolutely no idea what your 40 year old virgin comment is about, metaphorically or otherwise!! Take a long holiday dude!

There bowlers several times mentioned that there non veg diet is the main reason for Bowling at tearaway speed.Indian fast bowlers too admitted it.

Sources please, because there is no scientific reasoning to validate this.

.... many people which are not blessed with good IQ can take it

....but what about Indians living outside India? How about producing good cricketers and footballers for England?

The first line is the Indian attitude to sport that I was talking about. Indians may have moved to other countries but their mentality is the same. However, this is changing slowly and there are a few up and coming athletes in MMA, wrestling, weightlifting, boxing, football, cricket and hockey.

Here is one source.Very interesting for any person who have knowledge of cricket.Just putting some interesting quotes from it

http://www.chowk.com/articles/10335

It is suggested that the reason why Pakistan produces aggressive, intimidating fast bowlers and India does not, is that Pakistanis consume lot of red meat, where as most Indians don’t. Proteins can be acquired from other sources as well, but it is said that red meat gives you a certain kind of aggressiveness and that is why bowlers like Waqar and Shoib can skittle out wickets on the basis of their presence. Once again a glance around the cricketing world gives some credence to this theory, most, traditionally, fast bowler producing countries are all red meat eating countries like Australia, South Africa and West Indies. Two of the recently aggressive Indian bowlers are both Muslims, presuming red meat eating, Irfan Pathan and Zaheer Khan.

Both Imran and Aqib have said many times that the best chance of Indians finding a genuine fast bowlers lies in there northern areas, mainly Punjab, where the vast majority is of Sikhs, generally physically stronger and aggressive in nature, much like there counterparts in Pakistani Punjab that has almost exclusively produced fast bowlers in last 25 years or so, the only exception being Mohammed Sami. Sikhs eat red meat and growing in vast planes and farms makes them used to hard work and physically stronger, a pre requisite for fast bowling

That's hardly a scientific source - more a gossip magazine, and is, in my humble opinion, a load of rubbish. You can get all the same proteins from vegetarian sources. Also, how many Punjabi youth still work their fields/ are blacksmiths or carpenters? A very small percentage, if any.

That's hardly a scientific source - more a gossip magazine, and is, in my humble opinion, a load of rubbish. You can get all the same proteins from vegetarian sources. Also, how many Punjabi youth still work their fields/ are blacksmiths or carpenters? A very small percentage, if any.

Whatever the fact is what matter is result.Pakistan produced tearaway quicks While Indians Were unable to produce a single Despite the fact that Indians have truck load of money,facilities and everything which a sportsman want on the other hand pakistan did not have much resources.Its obvious that many theories are going to be made about India not producing good fast bowlers

As far as science is concerned Scientific studies are neither sureshot proof and neither I claim that it is a scientific study.Several times scientific study tell us that this food is good and after some year they say

we were wrong.

Also I know that there are some scientific studies that claim that black men are better Athletes than rest of world.Are you going to belive in that?