Shhhhh

shaheediyan

they alright but personally I would like a bit of distance between the intruder and me, maybe my dog could keep them at bay while I get a salotar lol(if someone came into my house that is).

thumbs up to the spray.

Edited by zulu

The Surviving in Argentina blog often reviews various weapons and tools. Unlike other survivalist types, the author discusses how to live in everyday society while maximising your own safety. So he goes into topics like how to protect yourself when the law does not value the life of innocent (non-criminal) people.

I believe pepper spray is illegal to buy and own in the UK. "Any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing" is a Prohibited Weapon, under S.5 of The Firearms Act 1968.

The law is pretty retarded IMO, but it's best that you are aware of it should you choose to carry the pepper spray concealed in, for example, a lynx bullet bottle or a small unmarked cologne atomiser.

This guy was arrested for merely owning the a spray canister:

http://www.derehamtimes.co.uk/content/derehamtimes/news/story.aspx?brand=DFTOnline&category=News&tBrand=DFTOnline&tCategory=News&itemid=NOED07%20Jun%202007%2012%3A23%3A07%3A123

Here's a legal alternative which stains your attacker's face with a dye that cannot be removed for a week:

http://www.farbgel.com/

Note however that this is just likely to piss your attacker off so you'd better have something else up your sleeve.

Regards,

K.

I believe pepper spray is illegal to buy and own in the UK. "Any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing" is a Prohibited Weapon, under S.5 of The Firearms Act 1968.

The law is pretty retarded IMO, but it's best that you are aware of it should you choose to carry the pepper spray concealed in, for example, a lynx bullet bottle or a small unmarked cologne atomiser.

This guy was arrested for merely owning the a spray canister:

http://www.derehamtimes.co.uk/content/derehamtimes/news/story.aspx?brand=DFTOnline&category=News&tBrand=DFTOnline&tCategory=News&itemid=NOED07%20Jun%202007%2012%3A23%3A07%3A123

Here's a legal alternative which stains your attacker's face with a dye that cannot be removed for a week:

http://www.farbgel.com/

Note however that this is just likely to piss your attacker off so you'd better have something else up your sleeve.

Regards,

K.

damn, a small bag of red mirch would do the job....

damn, a small bag of red mirch would do the job....

How To Make Your Own Pepper Spray with Mirch

It's better to buy capsaicin extract (capsaicin is what makes mirch hot) rather than use the lal mirch if you are going to make it yourself.

Also, IME the pepper spray bottles are designed to shoot the spray a greater distance, so that's something you may want to take into consideration. Most atomisers are not made to shot a thin stream of liquid a relatively great distance but to cover a large surface area with cologne/perfume.

The legal alternative is to get used to chewing green mirch all the time then spit in your attacker's eyes. :-D

K.

Whilst we are at it, another good idea is to get a Hazooria and regular scarf, and sew in some nice £1 coins into the corners at both ends. Whichever uniform you are wearing on the day, makes a very effective shock and controlling weapon, obvioulsy you will then need to learn how to manipulate your opponent with a scarf... also great for disarming/engaging with people with all types of weapons. Great for trapping and tying the person up too when you have finished with them. A trouser belt is also a good alternative, but you must be sharp and highly aware to be able to use this, because trying to take it off when someone is trying to kick your face in is not a good idea.

Its also good to study what yoru opponent is wearing, as a the b*m boy low hanging trousers and hoodies are great targets to help in finishing some one off. Hoody - simply side step the attack and grab the front of the hoody and pull it down hard, followed by whatever you are trained/able to do. Trousers - low kick or step onto the zip area of the touser which will most likely be halfway down his legs/above his knee, then continue at your pleasure.

Loose jackets are also great, grab teh bottom of the jacket and pull up hard and trap his hand etc...

I love the batons because they are so well designed and effective and become so compact, fit into a small mobile phone type case you can hang from your belt - these can be kept inside your home legally.

The peppar spray is great for Bibyan in particular, I would never advocate breaking the law... but one never knows what is going to happen tomorrow...

An Air Gun/Rifle is also a good thing to keep in your home, 1 stroke Pneumatic are best as you don't have a reliance on gas canisters (but you can only load/shoot one shot at a time, but gas ones are good if you have a good supply of gas - you have small circular pellet holders which hold upto around 8 pellets from what i remember, so coninuous shooting! Some of these guns are extremely powerful, and many people use them for hunting.

Another good habit is to heep change in your hand when walking, if something ever transpires, throw the change at your opponents face hard and take him out whilst he is figuring out what just hit him! Obvioulsy anything goes, but £1/50p thrown correctly in someones face hurt! and are legal!!

Maybe a good idea for Singhs to share any day to day tips on confrontation survival.

If the kirpan does eventually get banned in the near future, this is the sort of mindset Singhs must have..

Edited by shaheediyan

1. I have a three-piece set of house-keys. Whenever, I feel insecure about my environment (strangely, only in Southall)I'm travelling through I will Just take them in my hands, that are in my pockets. The great thing about a three key set - as opposed to a bunch of keys, is that when you hold it in your fist you have one key protruding out the top of the fist, second key proturuding from the bottom of the fist and the third key sticking out between the middle and ring finger.

Obviously, should the 'goh'ha hit the pakkha' and you end up using this most likely you will cause some injury to your hand! Also you need to consider the length and type of keys for optimal usage.

2. Similar principle can be used with a relatively wide and heavy fountain style pen; not biro's, as they will likely just slip through your hand upon impact.

As Shaheediyan stated, the most important thing is having the correct mindset, to be able to 'see' everyday items as defensive weapons. This will give you greater advantage than buying implements that are in a grey area legally.