Right Method For Karha Parshaad

first and foremost you must be a rehatvaan and nitnemi male sikh who is amritdhari and preferably the most chardi kalla singh in the jatha..then you take full ishnaan including kesh, then you adorn clean bana with sarbloh shastar including kara and no pyama allowed, then you go into the kitchen or the place where you are to prepare degh and not speak a word or converse with anyone(oh yeh and make sure you leave your iphones behind aswell LOL) and clean the whole place up sweep the floor,mop all surfaces should be clean etc and should not be a place where regularly meat eggs fish etc are cooked or where sharaab is used in any way....the whole place should be clean and tidy and not a cockroach infestation like most Gurvaras/kitchens......then you clean the degh utensils batas with pure sand not scourers etc that already have joot on them and no fairy washing up liquid. Then you take another ishnaan including kesh adorn new bana and no pyama allowed you. during this time nobody is allowed into the place where degh is prepared unless HE is amritdhari, rehatvaan and nitnemi with full ishnaan and new clothes on he can help you by all means but no talking allowed unless extremely essential. Then the Singh who is preparing degh should think about the water, sugar wheat and ghee that is used to make degh. Is the food stuff coming from a reliable source or is it coming from the house of "Malik Bhago"???? Once he has determined that this food stuff is from a nitnemi chardi kala gristee singh who earns a honest living, then that food stuff should be accepted and used.....the wheat/corn shouldn't be ready ground infact the singh who is to prepare the degh should grind the corn/wheat himself while repeating mool mantar.......then the singh should start a fire to cook with, this should be wood only and not gas or cow dung, the wood should be that which singhs have acquired themselves physically and should not be purchased...Then the singh should once again wash all utensils batas etc and dry them with a clean cloth.....then he should begin the preparation of degh by heating two sarabloh batas,one for the ghee and wheat and the other for the water and sugar. As soon as the singh puts the ghee into the large bata he should begin japji sahib at quite a fast speed with his mouth covered with a cloth at all times, soon he should add the wheat/corn flour, very soon he should be towards the end of his japji paath and the degh should be ready for the sugar water to be added.....as soon as the degh has gone red like his jap sahib paath should be complete then he adds the sugary water and begins anand sahib paath.....with the completion of anand sahib the degh should also be complete (this is a difficult art and one should be conscientious of the speed of his paat and the heat from the fire wood)....once the degh has been made you should transfer it into a seperate clean smaller bata (suitable for the purpose of a single person ie,Satguru Gobind Singh Ji) and cover it with a cloth......then get another singh to sprinkle water infront and everybody should be aware and respectful that Satguru Sahib Ji di offering is coming by.

Once in the hazuri of Sri Guru Granth Sahib (it doesn;t matter whether Dasam Granth Ji are present there or not) You wait for the Degh to cool to the right temperature by feeling the bata from the outside and are not at all to touch the degh to gauge its temperature. Once you are 100% sure its at a edible temperature you then take a sarbloh kard or kirpan and wash it with pure sand and water clean it with a dry cloth and then make your ardas for whatever you wish then you must say BHOGH LAVHO or recite the paath from gurbani regarding degh which is........ ank prakaar bojan baho kiyeh bohi binjan bistae kare paak sal soch pavitara hon lavho bhog har rai........then you lift the cloth covering the degh and dip it into the degh....1.then you get two seperate small batas sarbloh and in one of them you put five small handfulls into the one bata this is the degh that the panj piare take and then you put this back into all the degh including the bigger bata full of degh in the other bata you put degh one handfull for the Granthi sahibaan who is the Gurus wazir(minister) and put it besides the palki sahib...if you have requested a hukamnama from GuruJi then you do the process from 1 after teh hukamnanma, after that the degh is ready for the sangat to partake.

THIS IS PART OF PURATAN MARYADA THAT I KNOW OF, I REQUEST OTHERS TO SHARE THERE KNOWLEDGE AS WELL - ALSO IN THE LANGARS WHERE THE FOOD IS PREPARED NO WOMEN ARE ALLOWED AND ALSO WOMEN ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PREPARE DEGH OR DO ANY SEVA IN THIS PROCESS.

Edited by PAL 07

thanks pal veera

bhul chuk muaaf karni but i have questions on this

"the whole place up sweep the floor,mop all surfaces should be clean etc and should not be a place where regularly meat eggs fish etc are cooked "

the puratan singhs do jhatka, there r shaheedi Gurdwaras where jhatka is performed and mahaparshaad is made.

also what if a sehajdhaari is preparing degh ?

no worries jaikara - what i have written is what i know off the top of my head i haven't researched maryada for degh, there is various samparday info on this.....the original question was regarding the puratan maryada and yes many sampardas have made minor changes to there rehat,,

one thing that i have never understood as a Nihang myself is that there have been many Brahmgiani Nihangs Singhs who were Jatherdars and themselves they don't eat meat and yet they have never orders dals and sub-dals to stop performing chatka...The meat issues is a very complex question and there are strong arguements for and against it........If Nihangs are to prepare Panch Amrit Degh then they should at least clean up the mess they made after they just liberated a Goat LOL

As regards to your second question i dont think sahajdhari sikhs are allowed to do much at all, not allowed to do kirtan/katha on stage, nor paath duties etc etc etc .....yes at home one can do whatever he wishes this begs the question whether "has mahraaj actually accepted the degh"

Once a person who had bad conduct prepared parshada and gave it to Baba Nand Singh ji Mahapursh and said pleazse accept this food as offering to GuruNanakdevJi, Baba ji all knowing took the food covered it and then covered the room in which GuruNanakdevJi came and did ardass "Maharaaj please come and accept this food offering" but GuruJi didn't eat the food......and Baba Nand Singh said to that person that GuruNanakdevJi hasn't accepted your food.............

Similarly Brahmgiani Sant Baba Ranjit Singh(Sant Jagjit Singh Harkoval used to do dandaut to them) Dudleyvale (uk) used to say that mahraaj hardly accepts degh offered in Gurdvaras in the Uk as the food comes from illegitimate sources and is made with no maryada.

Edited by PAL 07

well we had degh prepared recently, at a friend's new place, the gyaniji and a sewadar came, i expected maryada being follwed , but was surprised to find that the sewadar dint even cover his face , no bani recited, he even asked about whether he wanted us to use all the ghee or he would adjust accordingly.

if this is the case with amritdhari sewadars and gyanis my friend's a mona. he was kinda wanting to stick to the maryada as much as possible, he would have recited bani huimself and prepared the degh.

OK thanks for explaining the context of your situation......as long as the mona guy has never done the bajjar kurehats of eating halal meat, adultery and using tobacco, then he should follow the maryada i pointed out in my first post, that should be fine, better still he should get some chardi kalla singhs in to do the seva and have ardaas done for him.

thats the prob veera, maryada sticking singhs are hard to find, imagine when a gyani and a sewadar of the Gurdwara are not sticking to the maryada, what to talk of normal ones.

my concern is, when the GURUS denied brahmins then why to create another class of brhamins anf go against the Gurus

WELCOME TO SIKHISM IN 2010.......

CORRUPT SIKHS

CORRUPT GURDVARAS

CORRUPT LEADERS

CORRUPT RAGIS

CORRUPT KATHAVACHICKS

CORRUPT COMMITTEES WHO BURN GURDVARAS DOWN

CORRUPT GRANTHIS

CORRUPT SEVADARS

CORRUPT SANGAT

CORRUPT FORUMS

EVERYONE LOVES MAYA NOBODY LOVES GURU GRANTH SAHIB.

Rāg gūjrī mėhlā 3 gẖar 1

Raag Goojaree, Third Mehl, First House:

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥

Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ.

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਧ੍ਰਿਗੁ ਇਵੇਹਾ ਜੀਵਣਾ ਜਿਤੁ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਨ ਪਾਇ ॥

ध्रिगु इवेहा जीवणा जितु हरि प्रीति न पाइ ॥

Ḏẖarig ivehā jīvṇā jiṯ har parīṯ na pā▫e.

Cursed is that life, in which the Lord's Love is not obtained.

ਜਿਤੁ ਕੰਮਿ ਹਰਿ ਵੀਸਰੈ ਦੂਜੈ ਲਗੈ ਜਾਇ ॥੧॥

जितु कमि हरि वीसरै दूजै लगै जाइ ॥१॥

Jiṯ kamm har vīsrai ḏūjai lagai jā▫e. ||1||

Cursed is that occupation, in which the Lord is forgotten, and one becomes attached to duality. ||1||

ਐਸਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਸੇਵੀਐ ਮਨਾ ਜਿਤੁ ਸੇਵਿਐ ਗੋਵਿਦ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਊਪਜੈ ਅਵਰ ਵਿਸਰਿ ਸਭ ਜਾਇ ॥

ऐसा सतिगुरु सेवीऐ मना जितु सेविऐ गोविद प्रीति ऊपजै अवर विसरि सभ जाइ ॥

Aisā saṯgur sevī▫ai manā jiṯ sevi▫ai goviḏ parīṯ ūpjai avar visar sabẖ jā▫e.

Serve such a True Guru, O my mind, that by serving Him, God's Love may be produced, and all others may be forgotten.

ਹਰਿ ਸੇਤੀ ਚਿਤੁ ਗਹਿ ਰਹੈ ਜਰਾ ਕਾ ਭਉ ਨ ਹੋਵਈ ਜੀਵਨ ਪਦਵੀ ਪਾਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

हरि सेती चितु गहि रहै जरा का भउ न होवई जीवन पदवी पाइ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Har seṯī cẖiṯ gėh rahai jarā kā bẖa▫o na hova▫ī jīvan paḏvī pā▫e. ||1|| rahā▫o.

Your consciousness shall remain attached to the Lord; there shall be no fear of old age, and the supreme status shall be obtained. ||1||Pause||

ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਸਿਉ ਇਕੁ ਸਹਜੁ ਉਪਜਿਆ ਵੇਖੁ ਜੈਸੀ ਭਗਤਿ ਬਨੀ ॥

गोबिंद प्रीति सिउ इकु सहजु उपजिआ वेखु जैसी भगति बनी ॥

Gobinḏ parīṯ si▫o ik sahj upji▫ā vekẖ jaisī bẖagaṯ banī.

A divine peace wells up from God's Love; behold, it comes from devotional worship.

ਆਪ ਸੇਤੀ ਆਪੁ ਖਾਇਆ ਤਾ ਮਨੁ ਨਿਰਮਲੁ ਹੋਆ ਜੋਤੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਸਮਈ ॥੨॥

आप सेती आपु खाइआ ता मनु निरमलु होआ जोती जोति समई ॥२॥

Āp seṯī āp kẖā▫i▫ā ṯā man nirmal ho▫ā joṯī joṯ sam▫ī. ||2||

When my identity consumed my identical identity, then my mind became immaculately pure, and my light was blended with the Divine Light. ||2||

ਬਿਨੁ ਭਾਗਾ ਐਸਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਨ ਪਾਈਐ ਜੇ ਲੋਚੈ ਸਭੁ ਕੋਇ ॥

बिनु भागा ऐसा सतिगुरु न पाईऐ जे लोचै सभु कोइ ॥

Bin bẖāgā aisā saṯgur na pā▫ī▫ai je locẖai sabẖ ko▫e.

Without good fortune, such a True Guru cannot be found, no matter how much all may yearn for Him.

ਕੂੜੈ ਕੀ ਪਾਲਿ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਨਿਕਲੈ ਤਾ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਇ ॥੩॥

कूड़ै की पालि विचहु निकलै ता सदा सुखु होइ ॥३॥

Kūrhai kī pāl vicẖahu niklai ṯā saḏā sukẖ ho▫e. ||3||

If the veil of falsehood is removed from within, then lasting peace is obtained. ||3||

ਨਾਨਕ ਐਸੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਕਿਆ ਓਹੁ ਸੇਵਕੁ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਰੇ ਗੁਰ ਆਗੈ ਜੀਉ ਧਰੇਇ ॥

नानक ऐसे सतिगुर की किआ ओहु सेवकु सेवा करे गुर आगै जीउ धरेइ ॥

Nānak aise saṯgur kī ki▫ā oh sevak sevā kare gur āgai jī▫o ḏẖare▫e.

O Nanak, what service can the servant perform for such a True Guru? He should offer his life, his very soul, to the Guru.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਭਾਣਾ ਚਿਤਿ ਕਰੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਆਪੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰੇਇ ॥੪॥੧॥੩॥

सतिगुर का भाणा चिति करे सतिगुरु आपे क्रिपा करेइ ॥४॥१॥३॥

Saṯgur kā bẖāṇā cẖiṯ kare saṯgur āpe kirpā kare▫i. ||4||1||3||

If he focuses his consciousness on the Will of the True Guru, then the True Guru Himself will bless him. ||4||1||3||

Edited by PAL 07

Prepare any food or parshad out of sharda and while reciting Bani......it will be accepted by the Guru. It will attract positive forces/spirit.

It seems like people forgot the sakhi where one old lady gives joothe bher (after tasting them in order to avoid giving sour bher to Shri Ram Chandar) to Shri Ram Chandar and then Sri Ram Chandar accepts those.

so should we taste degh aswell b4 doing bhogh

I have NOT said that you should taste degh before bhog.......try to understand.........Mann and Sharda is the main thing.....but if you do it with correct technique, then it's Sone te Sujaga.

In other words offer your Mann and not just the technique.