Sania Mirza To Wed Pakistani Cricketer

kdsingh80

http://sports.rediff.com/report/2010/mar/29/sania-mirza-engaged-to-shoaib-malik.htm

Indian tennis star Sania Mirza [ Images ] is all set to marry Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik [ Images ] in April, two months after she broke her engagement with childhood friend Sohrab Mirza.

Confirming the news, Malik wrote in his Twitter page, "Thanks for all your support. And the news of me marrying to Sania is true. Inshallah will get married in April."

"I fully understand what it takes to be an international sports person and I will support Sania in her career as long as she wishes to play," he said.

"Representing India [ Images ] at the 2012 Olympics [ Images ] is very important for her and I will be the proudest husband if she can win a medal for her country," he added.

A statement by Sania's father Imran Mirza also stated that 23-year-old Sania and the 28-year-old all-rounder will be based in Dubai [ Images ], where Malik is a resident.

"This is a unique case where the husband and wife will represent their respective countries in sport," said Mirza in Hyderabad.

"My wedding inshallah is going to be the biggest day of my life. I have been in the constant glare for too long and would appreciate privacy at this very personal moment in my life," Sania was quoted as having said in a statement.

"I hope to be fully fit to represent India in the Commonwealth and Asian Games that are scheduled for later this year," she said.

Sania's mother, Nasima said, "Marriages are made in heaven."

Incidentally, Shoaib was earlier accused of marrying another Hyderabad girl, Ayesha Siddiqui, in 2002 over phone even though the cricketer said he was merely engaged to her.

Ayesha's father had also threatened to sue Malik accusing him of ditching the girl. Malik's brother-in-law Imran Z Malik said the marriage proposal was taken by the cricketer's mother to India.

He said the entire family will leave for India on April 7 and formal nikaah ceremony would take place on April 10 or 11.

The Walima or reception is expected to be held in Lahore [ Images ] on April 16 or 17.

Pakistani media reports said Sania and Malik fell in love six-and-half months back and it could be the reason for the breaking up of Sania's engagement with Sohrab.

Sania, who had got engaged to 24-year-old Sohrab in July last year, broke off citing incompatibilty.

"We were friends for years but found ourselves incompatible as fiances," Sania had said while wishing Sohrab the very best in life.

To be honest I now think that it is part of nature of women to be blinded by love and do not care about anything.Career,religion,country etc. Shewas happily engaged with her childhood friend sohrab mirza When He met Shoab Malik .Yet she chooses to betray him and Her Nation For a sake of Pakistani.

2-3 Years Back Her Earning through endorsements was equal to cricketer Yuvraj Singh Which is very High.She was commercially most successful sportswoman in India

With lots of Advertisements saying that Give this to your Daughter and Your daughter will be Next Sania.Now Next Time a muslim sporstwoman succeed then sponsers will think twice whether to take her as brand ambassador

To be honest I now think that it is part of nature of women to be blinded by love and do not care about anything.Career,religion,country etc.

In psychology they have an 'evolutionary theory' that explains this quite well. It basically says that women have an innate disposition to find partners that will ensure the greatest chance of survival of their offspring. So looks (related to health), wealth and success become key factors. The other things you mentioned are usually subserviant to them, unless strong social pressure is applied to prevent this.

Anyway I see no issue with the marriage, they're both Muslims arent they? How is it different to an Afghan Sikh marrying a Panjabi Sikh?

Edited by dalsingh101

Anyway I see no issue with the marriage, they're both Muslims arent they? How is it different to an Afghan Sikh marrying a Panjabi Sikh?

From a religious point of view nothing wrong From National point of view very bad.Indian Muslims are trying very hard to convince Hindu's that we are indians first.Yet India's most successful sportwoman icon who is muslim chooses a pakistani husband despite knowing that relations between 2 countries is very bad after 26/11.It is direct message that for us Indian muslims Islam is first and everything else is second,we don't consider Pakistan as enemy.

As far as sikhs are concerned we are very small minority and we don't have coountries with 90+% population of sikhs.Everywhere we are more of a victim rather than oppressor so our condition is different from muslims

From a religious point of view nothing wrong From National point of view very bad.Indian Muslims are trying very hard to convince Hindu's that we are indians first.Yet India's most successful sportwoman icon who is muslim chooses a pakistani husband despite knowing that relations between 2 countries is very bad after 26/11.It is direct message that for us Indian muslims Islam is first and everything else is second,we don't consider Pakistan as enemy.

As far as sikhs are concerned we are very small minority and we don't have coountries with 90+% population of sikhs.Everywhere we are more of a victim rather than oppressor so our condition is different from muslims

Indian first? Bunch of sissies.

Would you put your country before Guru Sahib?

I doubt that she is making a political point by marrying someone, why don't you ninnies mind your own business. She obviously wasn't 'happily engaged'.

Make love not war etc

Edited by cul

Indian first? Bunch of sissies.

Would you put your country before Guru Sahib?

I doubt that she is making a political point by marrying someone, why don't you ninnies mind your own business. She obviously wasn't 'happily engaged'.

Make love not war etc

Cul

What's wrong I said, Indian muslims can keep their roti beti kaa rishta with pakistani's Yet they can claim

That we should be treated equally with par with Other Indians .I several times watch shows in Which Indian maulavais as well Muslim leaders come and say that their religion and India are like two eye's for them.

As far her previous engagement was concerned She was engaged with her own will.Even at that time she was criticised for leaving tennis.

BTW one should not forget that she was/is the most commercially successful sportswoman of India and promoted as national icon.What will the impact on the people when a national icon marries a man from enemy country.

No self-respecting Sikh would put anything else over Guru Sahib, but at the same token, Sikh values teach us to give back to society, no matter who or what that society is comprised of.

That's why Sikhs have never shied away from joining the military, government, police etc. of all the different countries we call home.

I don't think our kattar Muslim friends have quite the same world-view.

No self-respecting Sikh would put anything else over Guru Sahib, but at the same token, Sikh values teach us to give back to society, no matter who or what that society is comprised of.

That's why Sikhs have never shied away from joining the military, government, police etc. of all the different countries we call home.

I don't think our kattar Muslim friends have quite the same world-view.

This one is up for debate. Many educated people question the wisdom of joining wars that are questionably immoral (i.e. very recent ones started by the west). Also I would say the primary motivation for joining the types of institutes you mentioned as being economical rather than religiously inspired, for the vast majority anyway.

Sikhs have a historical precendent for working in certain sectors like the police and army that are more to do with prior colonial politics/policies more than anything else. Plus way back there was almost a stereotype like this is what we are best for - almost pigeon holing. We know now that Sikhs can flourish in other more intellectual positions. These days parents would prefer their children worked in more lucrative sectors like the medical or legal.

Edited by dalsingh101

Today it makes no difference, all mankind is living in a hip hop culture, the values, beliefs and lifestyles that once seperated and shaped people (giving seperate groups recognition/individuality) are nearly totally erased.

"It is direct message that for us Indian muslims Islam is first and everything else is second,we don't consider Pakistan as enemy."

Would you consider a Pakistani Sikh your enemy?

Edited by shaheediyan

the values, beliefs and lifestyles that once seperated and shaped people (giving seperate groups recognition/individuality) are nearly totally erased.

This is over rated also. Look at how the Jat nonsense has resulted in virtual aparteid in Panjabi villages for a good example.

Anyway, how comes your so quick at deriding 'Hip Hop culture' but jump to defend Islam any time anyone says anything negative about that?

Would you consider a Pakistani Sikh your enemy?

Shaheediyaan ji

Please re read my post.I already said sikhs are victims everywhere.Unlike muslime our forefathers did not have chance to choose to live in their own country.

Pakistani sikhs are also victims unlike Pakistani which are involved in terroist activities all over the world

This one is up for debate. Many educated people question the wisdom of joining wars that are questionably immoral (i.e. very recent ones started by the west). Also I would say the primary motivation for joining the types of institutes you mentioned as being economical rather than religiously inspired, for the vast majority anyway.

Quite an interesting comment.One of the other reason for joining army or police is many communities wanted to retain their martial spirit O/W their is no way that a comminity in today's world can retain its martial spirit

The recent article posted by me about shortage of officers in Indian army

pointed towards the fact that traditional areas of Rajasthan and Punjab have dried up for them.It is a clear indication that Rajputs and Sikhs two martial communities of India are no longer much interested in That job

Quite an interesting comment.One of the other reason for joining army or police is many communities wanted to retain their martial spirit O/W their is no way that a comminity in today's world can retain its martial spirit

That's plain wrong. Martial spirit is manifested from belief and psychology which is then practiced. Look at the Afghans, they have kept their martial spirit without becoming cogs in state machinery. Ironically, it was the need to combat state organisations that led to the emergence of our own 'martial spirit'.

If Panjab's Singhs in general, kept weapons and trained with them (modern ones that), kept fit and were prepared to fight and used their brains a bit more to understand strategy, we would still have our martial spirit.

That's plain wrong. Martial spirit is manifested from belief and psychology which is then practiced. Look at the Afghans, they have kept their martial spirit without becoming cogs in state machinery. Ironically, it was the need to combat state organisations that led to the emergence of our own 'martial spirit'.

If Panjab's Singhs in general, kept weapons and trained with them (modern ones that), kept fit and were prepared to fight and used their brains a bit more to understand strategy, we would still have our martial spirit.

Well in India I don't think there is any other way to

retain martial spirit apart from serving the army.

It is nearly impossible for a common man to have Pistol license forget about getting gun license.

Hunting which was another way to retain it is now completely banned

If you go to another White collar profession then most of the time you end up just gossiping.

Afghanistan,tribal area's are totally different.

There were photographs all over net of pak cricketer afridi With AK-47 So they can keep any type of arm they want to.

Edited by kdsingh80

I strongly disagree with this view that nation is first and deen-dharm is second. I have strong reservations about Islam, and that is no secret, BUT one good thing about Islam is that, the Muslims are supposed to regard their Umma as their nation rather than national/geographic boundaries. This is one thing that Sikhi actually shares in common with Islam. We regard Sikh Quam/Sangat as a nation unto itself. One day, it is my earnest wish that Sikh Nation also gets a geographical boundary of it’s own, but that is a different matter. Right now we are a Qaum without a physical nation to call our own.

Nationalism in the modern sense is actually foreign concept to India. For example, in India it was quite common for Muslims all over India from various different kingdoms to marry with one another even if their kings were at war with one another. I have seen in the west, Muslims of various nations/ethnicities marrying one another. This is actually one of the few good things I can say Islam has.

If Sania Mirza wants to marry a Pakistani SO WHAT! Should she now not do this to make a few Hindus happy? This type of attitude is no different from how a few years ago Badal stopped sending Sikh Jathas to Pakistan in order to made his BJP allies happy.

Khalsa should NOT have this slave mentality. If we hate Pakistan it should be for our own reasons, NOT because Hindus/Indian want us to hate them. At the same time, if we want to have friendly relations with Pakistanis/Muslims it should also be for our own reasons not because Hindus want to be friendly with Pakistanis/Muslims. Sikh Quam is the 3rd Panth, we need to follow our own agenda, and see what is good for our Qaum FIRST!

Well in India I don't think there is any other way to

retain martial spirit apart from serving the army.

It is nearly impossible for a common man to have Pistol license forget about getting gun license.

Hunting which was another way to retain it is now completely banned

If you go to another White collar profession then most of the time you end up just gossiping.

Afghanistan,tribal area's are totally different.

There were photographs all over net of pak cricketer afridi With AK-47 So they can keep any type of arm they want to.

I think depending on the situation and circumstances Sikhs can get very militant. Post 1984 is a primary example of this, the Sikh militant movement actually served as an inspiration for many other secessionist movements all over India including the Kashmiri militants. I firmly believe that when Guru Sahib wants his Khalsa to get militant, it can and it will.

It's not really any of ours business whether she marries a Pakistani or Indian Muslim. The fact that they will be based in Dubai is interesting as I don't think she could play tennis in Pakistan given the amount of fanaticism there is there. Even some Indian mullahs had given fatwas against her playing in a skirt. It would be interesting to see whether the guy who apologised to Muslims around the world for losing to India in the Twenty20 in 2007 is moderate enough to keep his word and allow his wife to keep playing tennis. My guess is that she'll either divorce him in year or stop playing tennis and start wearing a niqab.

If Sania Mirza wants to marry a Pakistani SO WHAT! Should she now not do this to make a few Hindus happy? This type of attitude is no different from how a few years ago Badal stopped sending Sikh Jathas to Pakistan in order to made his BJP allies happy.

Mithar ji

Please Don't compare Sikh Jatha's with marriage of Sania Mirza.Many of our Gurdwara's In Pakistan are most

sacred for us and an important part of Sikh history is associated with them.

As Far as Sania is concerned She can do whatever she like's but impact of her decision will be borne by entire muslim community of India as She is not an ordinary Girl but most famous sportswoman of India.

Millions of Indians cheered and showered love on her irrespective of her Religion and Now she is saying to them sorry I am no longer going to be an Indian.Next Time a muslim Girl will climb ladder in success in sports then

she will hardly find fans or sponsers as they all think that she could end up marrying a pakistani

It's not really any of ours business whether she marries a Pakistani or Indian Muslim. The fact that they will be based in Dubai is interesting as I don't think she could play tennis in Pakistan given the amount of fanaticism there is there. Even some Indian mullahs had given fatwas against her playing in a skirt. It would be interesting to see whether the guy who apologised to Muslims around the world for losing to India in the Twenty20 in 2007 is moderate enough to keep his word and allow his wife to keep playing tennis. My guess is that she'll either divorce him in year or stop playing tennis and start wearing a niqab.

Sania is typical muslim woman if tomorrow her husband force her to play for pakistan then there is harldy any chance she will refuse.Shoaib Malik's view is already known to entire world when he apologised to entire muslims of world when pakistan lost to India .He

He Clearly belive that any pakistani muslim plays for entire muslim community

I think depending on the situation and circumstances Sikhs can get very militant. Post 1984 is a primary example of this, the Sikh militant movement actually served as an inspiration for many other secessionist movements all over India including the Kashmiri militants. I firmly believe that when Guru Sahib wants his Khalsa to get militant, it can and it will.

Sikhs got militant post 1984 for very small period and that too because of unbearable atrocities they faced in 1984.After that they again become like common people It is a fact that sikhs have lost and still losing their martial spirit.

May be you are right When Guru sahib wants then may be khalsa get militant