Ragi Darshan Cronies Humbled At Anti Sikh Lehar Center,toronto

singh2

Looks like these 'soormey' have just helped to blacken the name of the Sikh community even further.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crime/article/789860--prominent-sikh-lawyer-injured-in-brawl-outside-temple

According to witnesses, before Mangat could say anything, he was attacked and knocked down. As others rushed to rescue him, turbans flew, blows were exchanged and in the melee, Mangat, who is also a centre member, was stabbed in the abdomen, legs, thighs and had a long gash on his forehead.
Edited by tonyhp32

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mangat is notorious for hosting anti sikh elements of kala afghana cult engaged in distrotion of sikh teachings

and history.

Sikh lehar center is a kala afghana cenetr where sikh traditions are propagated against.Friends of these excommunicated persons will not understand the spirit of Gursikhs who protested against Gurnindak Ragi.Mnngat is said the first one to hurl punch on Gursikhs when they were going to Gurudwara.

Need help from lawyers. I thought there is clause in Canadian Law, where an person can be indicted if he/she make blasphemous statement against an religion under hate crime.

May be xylitol veer can give more info on this?

Singh ji, this is a menace thrust upon sikhs by anti sikh forces.Sikhs have to face it in an intelligent way and atckle it once for all.

I know there was one narinder Grewal who was playing havoc with sikh teachings in the same way as ragi is doing.He was based in toronto.Most probably he was stopped from doing his activities with help of law enforcing agencies. Do you know waht happened in his case?

It is obvious from Bhai Prabhjot Singh Jee's account, the Kala Afghanists have resorted to lies and misinformation about what happened at the Sikh Zeher Center. This nothing new. This is nothing new for the Kala Afghanists. I have seen how they resort to lies without thinking twice. During olden times, Sikhs were the most truthful of people in the world, now Sikhs cannot live without lies.

At any future protests, I hope Singhs get someone to act as their spokesman so that the true story can be told to the media.

That is vey important part.Already there are false stories being planted to malign singhs.Darshan ragi owns a news site.That is mouthpiece of falsehood.

Most probably Darshan Ragi gang will try vancouver as their next test ground.

Edited by singh2

All I'm saying is you Canuck brothers have it easy. If something like that happened in the UK, goray would be beating us on our heads with it via their media for years.

I wonder if people are going to protest at Gurpreet Bhattis new play on Vasaikhi here. I bet you the devils even chose Vasaikhi as the open day to provoke Sikhs, so they can defame them as savage, uncivilised animals.

I live in USA and i consider it as my home.There is hardly any discrimination.Every citizen has equal rights.

Such incidents are thrust upon sikhs by forces inimical to sikhs.It is sad that so called sikhs become their agents for wrecking their own community.

Check out what Ragi D's supporters are writing:

http://www.sikhchic.com/article-detail.php?id=1407&cat=26

It's disturbing that he has some open support. I tried to post a reply rebuking the article but as usual, it was subject to 'approval'. I doubt it's going to be posted any time soon.

In the mean time, there is a high chance that this will influence people who are not aware of what the truth really is.

Check out what Ragi D's supporters are writing:

http://www.sikhchic.com/article-detail.php?id=1407&cat=26

It's disturbing that he has some open support. I tried to post a reply rebuking the article but as usual, it was subject to 'approval'. I doubt it's going to be posted any time soon.

In the mean time, there is a high chance that this will influence people who are not aware of what the truth really is.

This site is a tabloid.There is one iJ Singh who is supporter of kala afghana.He also supports ragi darshan and is opponent of akal takhat.

I wrote comments but he did not approve those. We should write comments nevertheless.More we write better it is.

They were dispalying ragi darshan singh's photo on their home page. I wrote to remove it.They will not care.But finally the photo is removed.

Edited by singh2

These guys want to see the Ragi become the Sikh equivalent of Martin Luther as they think he is the spearhead of a Sikh 'reformation'.

Little do they know that he will end up turning out to be a destroyer of Sikhi.

You're right, regardless of whether we get through to them, we shouldn't give up on rebuking their blasphemy whenever we have a chance.

They shouldn't have used a kirpan or kara on the unarmed man, who ever he was.

This is going to cause massive problems... I wish people could think ahead of their nose.

No one knows what was used.This is what Ragi darshal lal followers allege.

Police will investigate and decide.I will not believe in these propaganda news.

It is other side that is said to have satrted the fight.They too had karas and kirpans.

Edited by singh2

Looks like Darshan Paapi is succeeding in creating even more problems for the Khalsa Panth:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crime/article/791293--attack-renews-sikh-dagger-debate?bn=1

This is getting ridiculous. Opportunist will flame this incident to fresh debate over kirpan, all this have done is made law abiding amritdhari singh who wears kirpan made their life living hell.

Whichever idiot did that should be glad now after reading this news? He should be criminally charged and should be condemn by panth- akaal takhth sahib and Canadian Sikh Body. I don't care which ankhi group you belong to how righteous our intentions were, this is not India, this happened in Canada. In Canada, you expected to follow the laws of this country, regardless who painful it is suck it up regardless of your views, you are expected to follow the laws of this country regardless of your religion. Religion is separate from law. In our personal life, dharam we live and die for. But in social life, Canadian law is above that is something we have to suck it up painfully or with kushi regardless if dharam yudh maryada allows it or not. We are not sitting in times of monarch where we can handle cases like this, we live in democratic society where must follow their laws or we can simply go back to our place where we came from. All this fiasco with sikh lehar center and stabbing should have been handled by law first, fine couple of pushes and punches here and there because emotions are high or fine but getting to the point, where fellow sikh stabbed another person with kirpan (where all means are fatigued) takes it to extreme should be condemned at all levels.

I am not a sheep either who think kirpan is a symbol only but before ankhi sikhs who does not give two hoots about laws of this country consider kirpan as weapon, consider they have themselves promoted kirpan as article of faith/symbol in this country (which is the way it should be in abroad). My point is- if you have presented kirpan as article of faith in this country better treat kirpan as article of faith not as blunt weapon. Otherwise we are looking fwd to get kirpans banned from Canada. Remember this is not accommodating one group of people, this is about accommodating everyone who lives in Canada. One freedom of speech or movement becomes an crime/assault as soon as it touches fellow citizen tip of the nose.

Does everyone grasp the fact that we have white supremacist enemies with a powerful media machine, as well as disgruntled elements within who will use such incidents to put kalay daags on the whole name of the community to try and make the general public despise us? Is this clear? Does everyone understand this agenda?

As much as I find Darshan's comments trash, this isn't helping us. I know things can quickly fly off the handle when Panjabis get all riled up, but this is too much. We had the phudhu over here and sent him packing without a media debacle, as did others. We do have to ask why our Canadian brothers couldn't manage this? I hope the use of shasters is untrue also - it shouldn't have happened but if it did there was no need to get deep with weapons. Should have kept it to swinging at worse.

I said before that we have an international force aligned against us to try destroy our reputations, this is exactly what they use. Well done, Kim Bolan's roti will be strong off this.

We can't keep getting baited into these things! Keep falling straight into people's traps. Have to be more tikkha than that in these modern days.

I don't think it is any coincidence that this stuff happens around Vasaikhi either. I just hope the brothers/sisters in the UK don't do a similar jaloos over that new Bhatti kootis play.

Certain brothers need to grasp rajniti a little bit better.

Edited by dalsingh101

I have to add. Singh running around goray courts to resolve theological issues is another massive potential jaloose.

Harjeet Sahota from facebook:

i was there..it was unfortunate but as an observer one has to remember that the side that got stabbed was not pacify the crowd as the artcle says...the guy was swearing and not letting people into a gurdwara as well his followers had metal rods which they brandished and charged at the people outside with..i am NOT in anyway affliated with any side...I am just telling what i saw...In fact I am friends with the son of the guy who got stabbed but his followers did brandish weapons first

Edited by Xylitol

Many have long suspected that the attacks on Guru Gobind Singh ji’s writings, the Dasam Granth Sahib ji, were just the beginning. From there the government agents and communists posing as Sikh scholars attacked the rahit maryada, the basic Nitnem banis, the authority of the Akaal Takht Sahib, the integrity of mahan pracharaks, and the sanctity of the Amrit Sanchar itself. Today there are Amrit Sanchars carried out with only Japji Sahib and Anand Sahib being read, instead of the required five banis that also include Jaap Sahib, Tve Prasaad Svaye, and Chaupai Sahib. The plan of the anti-panthic agents was quite simple, build up a critical mass of the uncritical (unthinking), attack the foundations of the Sikh dharm to create splits in the panth at as many points as possible, and then attack the Guru Granth Sahib ji itself. Under this plan some agents only attack the Dasam Granth Sahib, while others attack at all possible points. In this way those wayward Sikhs who are only inclined to some limited degree of blasphemy will have some leader, some “scholar”, to look up to who can lead them in their attacks. While those beymukhs (those who turn their backs on the Guru) who have no limits to their hereticism can freely indulge in their attempts to remake Guru Nanak Sahib ji’s dharm as they wish. The potential end result of these circumstances conjure up a vision of a trail of deadly terror assaults, with scattered pockets of confused sangat wandering around the smoky remains of each breach in our dharm. Of course, it will never come to that end as Maharaj blessed the Sikhs with enough evidence of the authenticity of Dasam Granth Sahib and the rahit maryada that all those Sikhs who seek with a sincere heart will come to realise the truth.

Raggi Darshan Singh has been invited to do vichaar numerous times, but he has either found some excuse to avoid it or simply ignored the invitations. The agenda of these people is to create division, not to do vichaar because vichaar is in the best interests of the panth. At protests his followers have been hiding weapons and attacking the protesters in an attempt to instigate them to fight back. They want Singhs to use violence so that our name is blackened in the media and the mainstream sangat, who are often unaware of the true complexity of events, turn on us.

We need to clarify our objectives. The main goal is to win hearts and minds of mainstream sangat who are unaware of the propaganda. Violence can trigger a backlash from them. The attacks on Dasam Bani, Akaal Takht, Rahit Maryada, Amrit Sanchar, and now Guru Granth Sahib ji are merely methods of division being used. our goal is not to convince panth-dokhis, nor is it necessarily to shut them up (unless it’s by debate, which is why they are afraid of it), the ultimate goal is to convince the mainstream sangat so that the panth maintains its unity and walks in line with Gurmat. All other goals should be subservient to this ultimate goal.

At each juncture we must ask ourselves, is this action that we are contemplating in the best interests of the panth? What are the potential downsides? The failure to employ hosh (correct thought and planning) before josh (effort/action) has ever been our community’s downfall. We should also employ an articulate Sikh at each protest to represent the panthic point of view to the media so that propagandaists do not have free reign with the newspapers and public opinion.

We must look to the past. Whenever the panth has needed a renaissance it was from looking back to see what worked and then adapting it to the modern day. The puratan Singhs had so much self control they could take a beating without flinching in the morcha to regain control of the Gurdwara sahibs. I’m not saying defending Guru ji’s Bani is wrong, and I’m not saying we should do it exactly like puratan Singhs did, nor am I saying to take beatings, but we must alter the strategy in the best interests of the panth in each venue where protests happen. Canada is not India. Peaceful protests work here, violence does not. It is a matter of choosing the best strategy for the panth in order to achieve our ultimate goal, which is one panth united under the Nishan sahib of the Takhts and the Guru’s Bani, whether that bani be from our Guru, Guru Granth Sahib ji, or from the Tenth Guru’s Dasam Granth Sahib ji.

Let’s examine some of their other methods:

Recently the Rozana Spokesman, a propaganda rag that poses as a Sikh newspaper, began the final phase of their plan to attack Sikh dharm – an assault on the authenticity of Guru Granth Sahib ji itself. It is important for us to understand the extent to which these people will go in their attempts to demolish the Sikh dharm. The article below is translated from the Spokesman by Bhai Prabhjot Singh.

After guru gobind singh ji left for his heavenly abode, those people, who were desperate to label Babeh Nanak’s sikhi as just another offshoot of brahmanical religion, suddenly became active. For centuries, these individuals had been fanatically determined to finish off any religion from this world that is not a part of Brahmanic ideology. Buddhism issued a challenge to this ideology, and everyone is aware of what these people did to that religion. These individuals also wanted to hurry to make Sikh religion a part of Brahmanic ideology so that no bigger trouble surface later. In this hurry, they got ‘Bachittar Natak’ written which is full of mistakes and lies and propagated that it is the autobiography of Guru Gobind Singh, written by himself. In that hurry, they also got few compositions from hindu granths from here-and-there and said that this all is the ‘treasure’ Guruji has left for us. The one and only purpose of these compositions was to make sikhi a part of Brahmanic ideology.

Because the sikhs themselves were busy fighting wars, it became even more easy to push this conspiracy further and nirmalas, udhasis took this job in their hands. Not only books like ‘Gurbilas Patshahi 6′ and ‘Dasam Granth’, but almost all historical resources have been written by the nirmalas. The Srichandis (these people) these nirmalas and udhasis destroyed or burnt Babeh Nanak’s handwritten ‘Pothi Saihb’ and later wrote that this ‘Pothi’ was destroyed during wars. The ‘Cholaa’ of Babeh Nanak didnt get destroyed, the wooden sandles remained safe, every writing and memorials of all the other gurus and 35 bhagats remained safe, so was it that the wars had to only destroy the handwritten ‘Bani’ of Babeh Nanak?

It is absolutely certain that these people made many changes to Guru Granth Sahib and started the bad trend of burning the older Birs [saroops] (so that every piece of evidence) could be destroyed, and started propagating the idea that ‘to do Sanskaar of old Birs’ is a part of religious duty. Only dead bodies are burnt. Do the old Birs symbolise the books of dead knowledge? Burning of knowledge can never be called an act of any religion. These people, in order to hide their ill-deeds, also started declaring that no changes can be made to any word, characters, or Matra of the bani of Guru Granth Sahib. To cover up their tracks, these very people, who had themselves made big changes, played this card to finalise their changes. There are many other religions. They also have their respected granths. No other religion made ‘Sanksaar’ or ‘Changes of words, characters and Maatras’ a sin. Why? Why didnt any Guru impose this kind of ban? Why did it occur to only nirmalas and udhaasis? There is a need to think, analyse and research this. Many proofs are surfacing that present evidence of thebut whenever anyone starts taking steps towards seeking the truth, the nirmalas and their agents start crying foul and say, “Look, he is raising objections against guru granth sahib. Those backstabbing of Babeh Nanak by nirmalas and udhaasis who screamed and shouted would never want the truth to surface and their plans explosed. We will write more on this later, for now however we want to give you the hint and pointer that right from the beginning, these srichandis have tried to backstab the philosophy of babeh nanak and have made a fool of the sikhs.

Another bloody attempt at backstabbing has increased when panth accepted ‘nankshahi calender’ of 2003 has been restamped with ‘we are hindus’ dates on new calender. What was the need to make changes when this calender was accepted by the entire panth? A handful of nirmalas and their ‘Cholaa and round dastaar wearing’ sants started crying that how come their highly successful job of layering Brahmanic skin on sikh religion for the past 300 years has been brought to a abrupt halt with ‘nanakwadi’ approach. For the past 300 years, their sole purpose had been to try to keep the sikh philosophy, sikh gurdwaras, sikh maryadas, sikh history and gurbani attached to brahmanic ideology in one form or the other. In the 2003 ‘nanakshahi calender’ they could see complete seperation of the sikh philosophy and history from the brahmanic ideology. This attempt was to kill all the attempts of the srichandis. Srichandis became worried to no end.

Consider this good fortune of the srichandis that the sikh politicians sitting on the seat of shromani committee meaning control of gurdwara golaks were finding hard to get votes of sabat soorat sikhs. The srichandis sants promised the votes of the lazy idlers sitting at their deras (the total of which is in lakhs) and as such have been successful at stabbing babeh nanak one more time with the help of these ‘akali leaders’. On the pretext of Sangrands and Massiyas, the nanakshahi calender has been attached to bikrami calender. They are scared that time is soon going to change its tide and if the wound is not inflicted on time, maybe new leader will not agree to do this job. Just as they succeded in propagating ‘dasam granth’ and ‘gurbilas’ in haste, they have now converted ‘nanakshahi calender’ into ‘dual-philosophy’ aka two-faced calender. The target is still the same that was 300 years ago – to not let the unique character of sikhi surface and to keep sikhi nailed to the floor with the rope of Brahmanic ideology. Like we said above, times have changed and this revolution of 21st century will soon bring an end to both of them.

-link to original article

Sadh sangat ji, these people completely reject other sources of Sikh history such as Janamsaakhi Guru Nanak devji (Bhai Bala wali), Gurbilas patshahi 6, Gurbilas patshahi 10, bansawlinama, Bhagatmaal, Sooraj parkash, both Panth Parkash granths and other texts as brahminical, mixed up, corrupted and not authentic and according to Gurmat. Unsurprisingly, these all are the only historical accounts written by Sikhs, and if we are to reject them all as un-authentic and corrupted, we’ll be left with no history of our own, written by Sikhs. So does that mean we should go to Hindus and Muslims for our history of that time??? I think this is what these people slandering Baani and history want to. They want to make us a pride-less, honour-less nation, which couldn’t write even its own history and want us to believe in the Hindu or muslim version of our History.

Suppose we were to reject Gurbilas patshahi 6. in its present version, How are we going to know that who created Akaal takhat ( Akaal Bunga)? No muslim or hindu has written about it. It’s only this book which tells us that it was Guru Hargobind sahib ji maharaj, who with help of Baba Buddha ji and Bhai Gurdas ji built Akaal Bunga. These people want to snatch our History, our traditions, our faith from us.

Now what if we got rid of Dasam Guru (ka) Granth Sahib (the Granth of the Tenth Guru)? We would lose our protection, we would lose that which gave us rakhya (protection) during the dark days our panth’s existence. Our panths roots lie in Guru Granth Sahib ji, Dasam Granth Sahib ji, and Khande batte da Amrit (which is created from banis from both granths).

I had written an article on this very group about six months ago, asking all the Dasam baani nindaks to present ‘’ANY’’ other history text of 17th century, where Shaheedi of Guru Teg Bahadur ji is mentioned as we believe it to be. We say that Guru Teg Bahadur sahib ji sacrificed his life to protect Faith and Symbols of Hindus. Read the Bachans of Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaj in Bachittar Natak,

ਤਿਲਕ ਜੰਞੂ ਰਾਖਾ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤਾਕਾ ॥

ਕੀਨੋ ਬਡੋ ਕਲੂ ਮਹਿ ਸਾਕਾ ॥

ਸਾਧਨਿ ਹੇਤਿ ਇਤੀ ਜਿਨਿ ਕਰੀ ॥

ਸੀਸ ਦੀਆ ਪਰ ਸੀ ਨ ਉਚਰੀ ॥13॥

ਧਰਮ ਹੇਤ ਸਾਕਾ ਜਿਨਿ ਕੀਆ ॥

ਸੀਸ ਦੀਆ ਪਰ ਸਿਰਰੁ ਨ ਦੀਆ ॥

ਨਾਟਕ ਚੇਟਕ ਕੀਏ ਕੁਕਾਜਾ ॥

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਲੋਗਨ ਕਹ ਆਵਤ ਲਾਜਾ ॥14॥

ਦੋਹਰਾ

ਠੀਕਰਿ ਫੋਰਿ ਦਿਲੀਸਿ ਸਿਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਪੁਰ ਕੀਆ ਪਯਾਨ ॥

ਤੇਗ ਬਹਾਦਰ ਸੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਆ ਕਰੀ ਨ ਕਿਨਹੂੰ ਆਨ ॥15॥

ਤੇਗ ਬਹਾਦਰ ਕੇ ਚਲਤ ਭਯੋ ਜਗਤ ਕੋ ਸੋਕ ॥

ਹੈ ਹੈ ਹੈ ਸਭ ਜਗ ਭਯੋ ਜੈ ਜੈ ਜੈ ਸੁਰ ਲੋਕ ॥16॥

This Baani of Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaj clearly states the Supreme Sacrifice made by Guru Teg Bahadur ji for protection of Dharam, Truth, Equality, Freedom of worship and Right to profess one’s faith. These are the values upon which modern day democratic systems of the world stand and which have been incorporated by Democratic countries in their constitutions. For these supreme ideals, Ninth Guruji gave his life, attained Shaheedi in Delhi along with three of his Sikhs.

Now for a moment, remove this from our history, our literature, our psyche! Can anyone of us, we believers or the Nindaks of Dasam Baani, present any historical account of Guruji’s shaheedi for Dharam. Answer is NO. There is no account of 17th century which says this. No Hindu wrote about it and Muslims those who wrote in their books gave their own fanatic Islamic version of Guruji’s shaheedi. They say ‘’Guru Teg Bahadur was a plunderer, looter and Rapist, who along with a Sufi faqir of Lahore launched a movement against Islamic empire of Aurangzeb. There was a fight near Lahore, where he was captured and hanged to death in Lahore in 1675. His body was cut in four pieces and hanged in four directions of Lahore city’. And these accounts were all written in 1670’s and 80’s. Fanatic muslims were and are hell bent against Rise of Sikhi, and modern day Hindu, under influence of RSS, VHP and other groups wants to throw away the ‘’favour’’ done by Sikh Gurus for them, so that they can be relieved of this burden.

Now think, rejecting Dasam baani as false and myth and lies will benefit whom?? Sikhs or Hindus and muslims?? My challenge for any other 17th century account of Guruji’s shaheedi, which was sent six months ago to Dasam baani nindaks, stands till today.’Present any account, which you believe in’!

Its upto you Khalsa ji, to judge now, as who are agents of Anti-Sikh forces, who want to dis-honour our great Gurus!

-from Kamaljeet Singh Shaheedsar of Facebook group No Khalsa Panth without Dasam Guru (ka) Granth Sahib

They are attempting to attack from all sides. Our faith is being tested in this game of separating the wheat from the chaff. But true sikhs don’t despair. When we examine history we see that the panth always emerges victorious so long as it maintains faith in Gurmat. Guru ji himself will give us the victory as the endgame is always in Maharaj’s hands. After all, how can mere chaff stand up to the farmer of souls himself?

from www.khojee.wordpress.com

Edited by Xylitol
Edited to clarify who is saying what

Here's another eyewitness account from Tapoban.org. I think it's worth reading:

Posted by: JugrajSingh (IP Logged)

Date: April 08, 2010 04:05PM

Over the past few days I have seen the media and various websites misinform the public about the incident at Lehar centre and the events that led up to the confrontation.

Firstly, I'd like to say that I was personally present at the Lehar centre and as such am an eye witness to the events that took place. However, I was not involved in the actual violence but played a role keeping things as peaceful as possible. I believe their is footage of me actually pushing people apart.

The chronological order of events:

Ragi Darshan came back to Canada on March 28 2010 and spoke at the Sikh Lehar Center. None in the community were aware of this incident and no one cared because it was equivalent to a private program.

Lehar Center gave ads in Ajit and other media promoting the April 2-4 program where Ragi Darshan was to speak. They promoted Ragi Darshan and invited sangat to the program.

Due to the violence that followed Ragi's program in Delhi, London and Germany some concerned individuals contacted the police of chief.

Manjit Mangat and other organizers of the event at the Lehar center continued to openly advertise Ragi Darhan's event.

A few Singhs from the community and myself were directed to contact Inspector Jeff Bond at the 21 Division regarding any information we could provide to prevent any unfortunate situations from developing.

On April 1st we gathered as many letters from various Gurdwaras in GTA area as possible stating that Ragi was an excommunicated preacher and his programs should be cancelled because such events had been a cause of violence in Delhi, London and Germany.

In our attempts to gather letters we got delayed and were unable to keep our 4 o'clock appointment with Inspector Jeff Bond. However we did go in the evening and speak to a Staff Sergeant and passed on to him all the letters and information we had gathered. We told him that their was a chance of a volatile situation developing if Ragi spoke at the event.

The sergeant assured us he would relay the information to the proper persons.

Daljeet Singh Sekhon (President of Malton Gurughar) and other Singhs met with Manjit Mangat and did benti to him to stop the event as it could lead to violence and badnaami for the whole community. Manjit Mangat refused. I am told their were two other attempts at creating a communication channel but they were shut down.

The following day some Singhs gathered at the Glidden Road Gurdwara and planned to go and protest the event. Just as the Singhs were about to leave Daljeet Singh Sekhon got a call from someone at the Lehar Center stating that the program had been cancelled. However, the sangtan were invited to come and matha tek and do vichar. It was openly announced at this point that the intent was to go do matha tek and do vichar and try to convince organizers that Ragi Darshan should not be given any time on gurdwara stage.

The Singhs proceeded to the event and when we reached their we were surprised to see the Sangat that had come to protest. Their was also a strong police presence and they were standing on either side of the steps that lead to the gurdwara entrance.

As I proceeded to the main entrance I noticed that their was a small crowd gathering on the steps leading to the entrace of the Gurdwara. About 20 to 25 people were standing inside the Lehar center, leaning on the glass windows and looking at the protesters.

Manjit Mangat and a few others were barring the entrace and then pushing sangat back. Some singhs told me they also saw wooden staffs and metal rods being held by some inside the Lehar Center. The people inside were keeping them out of sight of the police.

A few moments later the situation escalated and Manjit Mangat rolled down the steps (about 9 steps) and was in bad condition. AT this point the police officers who had been standing near the building broke up the fight and separated the two groups.

I personally did not witness a kirpan being used. However I am told that the police has some sort of a recording of a Singh holding a kirpan.

End of events.

Points to ponder.

1) After first openly advertising the event in the media and then inviting protesters to come and do vichar, why did Manjit Mangat and others then try and prevent the sangat from going inside the gurdwara? Also, why were they pushing the sangat and trying to conceal weapons?

2) If the 'mob' had gone with the mentality of fighting and kirpans unsheathed then why did the police even allow the Sangat to scale the stairs and enter the gurdwara? The fact is that Sangat that showed up did no show up in 'mob' style. Rather it was many small pockets of individuals moving towards the gurdwara from the parking areas. It was not mob like at all. It was all the advertising that attracted the protesters not any sort of gatering created by the Singhs at Glidden gurdwara.

3) The first person to get hurt was a Singh who was punched underneath his eye while trying to enter the gurdwara. He was with the Sangat who had come to protest the event. The protesters did not initiate the violence.

I am aware of Kim Bolan and others who portray Sikhs in a negative light and present one-sided stories. But these people are not associated with Sikhi in any way. They are outsiders. We can't expect anything else from them.

What does bother me is the article by Raveena Aulakh. She interviewed Manjit Mangat and his family and wrote a scathing article condeming the protesters. Others followed suit. And yet not one person seems to quote anyone who went to protest the event. Not one. And yet they all talk about being saints first and then soldiers. Is it not the character of a saint to try and ascertain the truth, to try and understand both sides of the stories?

Why is that some Sikhs have already decided that the Singh accused of the stabbing is guilty. I was at the actual event and didn't even see a Kirpan!! Let alone someone being stabbed. I am not saying it didn't happen (police cameras could have picked something up) but for those who were not even present, for them to condemn a man for attempted murder is outrageous.

Why are we so quick to judge without having the proper facts? I was just as upset as all other Sikhs when I read the resulting articles questioning the wearing of the kirpan. As a amritdhari Sikh this worries me greatly and not just because I wear a kirpan but because my kids are going to grow up in this country and I don't want it to be an up-hill battle for them.

However, if the journalists had done their homework they would have firstly known the real name of the Sikh who is charged with the stabbing. It is not Satwant Singh (Raveena Aulakh, Toronto Star) nor is it Sukhwant Singh. It is Dhanwant Singh.

Secondly, they would have known that the Singh has bipolar disorder and a previous charge against him has already been dropped due to this condition.

I am disgusted with how mob like some in the community have become. They were quick to be the judge and jury. Yet none of them took the time to find out what happened. They ignored the truth and exploited the situation to further their own agendas.

Balraj Deol is a perfect example. He is quoted as saying, < (The Kirpan) It’s a religious symbol. It can be tiny,” not more than 2 inches long. He also points out that the kirpan — a really small one — can be worn around the neck, which would address security concerns. >

Disgusting.

Jugraj Singh

• 2 weeks later...

No, it wasn't "Ragi Darshan Cronies Humbled At Anti Sikh Lehar Center,toronto"

In fact whole Sikh Community was Humbled !!

Shame on us. We have proved ourselves as most uncivilized Fools.

That is the reason we get kicked everywhere ! May be we deserve it.

Edited by Manbir

I would like to make an appeal to all those who engage in the movement against Prof Darshan Singh and his like, to have a camcorder or several if possible to record any disturbances, fights etc, as this will really show what actually happens to people who think of them as the aggressors. Also the anti-sikh lobby wont be able to make political mileage out of it either, when they can be confronted with such evidence.

I would suggest to those who are all worked up against Prof. Darshan Singh to pause for a while and start introspecting with clear mind and heart. We all have same purpose ultimately. We want the Chandikalla of Sikhs all over.

On this issue of Dasam Garanth I asked Prof. Darshan Singh few questions. His one answer was Read it yourself and Decide.

I would say the same to everyone around.