Boxing & Beards?

Del Piero

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8451615.stm

But it is a different matter for professional boxers.

Professional boxers are allowed to wear beards in the ring

Fighters can be asked to trim facial hair if a beard is considered too bushy by the referee, but the British Boxing Board of Control said a complete ban was overturned because of the diversity of religions involved in the sport.

So pro Boxers are allowed to keep Beards

It's a bit dumbass really. How can a bearded person work their way up to pro, when they are not allowed at amateur level.....duhhh!

Edited by dalsingh101

Forget 'daraphobic' boxing dude, why not do something much more fun and deadly if you like aggression, like Mantis Boxing.

Will post a thread in a mo. There are good schools in US, UK and AU.

Mantis is very fast, very powerful and one of the rare arts that trains in Qi Gong with regards to handling pain and increasing power.

It's a step up from Wing Chun in my opinion, although it has many similar principles i.e trapping and hitting etc. But it has more punch/hand forms and focuses a little more on devastation and harnessing chi.

It's a bit dumbass really. How can a bearded person work their way up to pro, when they are not allowed at amateur level.....duhhh!

In canada a sikh boxer already won a court case and Sikhs with beard are allowed to participate at amatuer level

http://www.indianexpress.com/ie/daily/20000114/isp14015.html

Anyone who wears a beard for religious reasons, the court stated, is ``entitled to participate in and compete in all (CABA) sanctioned events in Canada provided that the beard is contained within reasonably appropriate netting.''

---------------------------------

Its time for amatuer boxing association in UK and at world Level to allow sikhs to sport beard

Btw what I read about Boxing is that many Boxers at pro level never gave importance to amature

level

Edited by kdsingh80

Btw what I read about Boxing is that many Boxers at pro level never gave importance to amature

level

Amateur boxing i would say is useful, many amateur champions have gone on to become world class pro boxers. Amateur gives you some what of a taste of things to come. a stepping stone if you will. Plus you get accustomed to the mental mind frame of being in a fight involves, which someone who has never had any amateur pedigree might find difficult, most the pro's have had amateur experience.

The criticism by the pro i heard dela hoya say once that there is more of the idea to just throw punches in bunches, but without any real skill or technique.

there was a boxer from india i think i cant remember his name but his nickname was the guru lol

Sikhs have already asked several times to IBA(international boxing association)

to remove the ban at World level for Amateur Boxing.

2-3 Years back I read that A bearded 90 kg + sikh boxer from Punjab wanted to compete at international level as He was already one of National champion of India.He was also relative of some Akali Politician.But after that no news came about him.

BTW coach of Indian Champion amateur Champions Like Vijendar Is turbaned bearded sikh.

The criticism by the pro i heard dela hoya say once that there is more of the idea to just throw punches in bunches, but without any real skill or technique.

I saw the fight of Amateur Boxing When Indian boxers reached quarter finals.To be honest I did not like it.

The fight in olympics is extremely short moreover You don't even know who is winning by yourself as You just have to look at points counter.

Muhammed ALI MiKE tyson etc All these got fame from Pro boxing