Bloody Fights Erupts At Brampton Gurdwara

SAadmin

This is becoming quite disturbing. Fussar panthis / sharia vadis masands malech fighting bringing shame to our community. We must step up and condemn them and not let these masands malech fussar panthis sharia vadis take control of our gurdwara. I seriously hope these people get charged. I don't care which group you are from- anti or pro sri dasam granth or committee or anti committee. No one has right to fight within gurdwara, infront of maharaj. What do we think we are? Elitist group over law??. As i said before, we need to realize, we are not living in times of monarch...where we can settle differences by dhaka sahi..we live in soceity where we must follow law of the country. Otherwise we be labelled as criminals..sikh outlaws and ultimately may be even deported depending on your status and our temples would be shut...Today by the way was vaishakhi program in the afternoon....sickening. I am sure these idiots put off lot of people who happen to be monaie may be in verge of getting inspired and taking amrit.

source: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/797333--bloody-fight-erupts-at-brampton-sikh-temple?bn=1#photo

Staff Reporter

Five people are in hospital after two opposing groups clashed inside a Brampton Sikh temple Sunday afternoon.

The fight broke out at the Guru Nanak Sikh Centre at Glidden Rd. near Hwy 410 and Steeles Ave. when one group tried to break up the other group's meeting. It started as a fistfight but witnesses say turbans soon flew and hammers, machetes and construction knives were brandished as a group of about 100 people clashed at about 3:45 p.m.

The fight spilled outside as Peel Regional Police scrambled to take control, said witnesses.

"It was quite chaotic," said Jagdish Grewal, editor of Punjabi Post, a newspaper published in Brampton, who arrived minutes after the fight broke out and saw two men lying outside with a bloodied hammer between them. Others were being given first-aid and taken to hospital.

Inside the hall, where the scuffle happened, Grewal said knives and machetes were still lying on the floor along with torn blood-soaked clothes. "There was blood too on the tiles," Grewal told the Star.

At heart is the control of the temple but no one will say that openly.

The management was not available to comment on Sunday's violence but members of the temple said trouble had started brewing a couple of days earlier when the group opposing the management announced that it would hold a meeting inside the temple.

"All we wanted was to have a meeting to discuss matters of the temple," said Rampal Dhillon, who was inside the hall when the fight broke out. "We started the meeting at 3 p.m. and it was going smoothly when about two dozen people stormed inside."

They were wielding hammers, machetes and construction knives, said Dhillon, who lives in Dundas, near Hamilton. There was screaming and yelling as people shoved and pushed to get outside, he added.

"It's an ongoing dispute among the board members," said Const. George Tudos of Peel Regional Police, adding that police had been called in earlier. "There was indication that there might be some trouble here."

This fight comes two weeks after Manjit Mangat, a prominent Brampton lawyer, was stabbed outside the Sikh Lehar Centre, a Sikh temple located barely a kilometre away from the temple at Glidden Rd. Witnesses had said at least two men brandished unsheathed kirpans, the ceremonial dagger worn by baptized Sikhs, triggering a fresh controversy about Sikhs' right to wear it.

I don't know any of the committee members personally, but here are some things I know .

* committee members keep goonda teams ready to fight in case of any attempt by opposing committee to forcibly take control of Gurudwara. These goondas are though from Sikh background but have no interest in Sikhi, they just need some place to fight. Reminded me of Mahant Narainu keeping hired help.

* there are two opposing groups in committee. One group had a member who was caught on the camera stealing from Golak (there is a youtube video). That thief is still in committee, shows that rest of the members are also chor.

Opposing committe also has a member who was accused of rape by a woman, but nobody seems to care. They are more interested in power grab and golak money.

* a statement by some guy that being director here is equivalent to investment of half million. This guy was present with his goonda team to assist his friends take control of another Gurudwara (Rexdale Gurughar) few weeks back.

They all are admin cut masands. They deserve to be thrown alive in Karahas of boiling oil.

Edited by laalsingh

Why deny it. Our lot are cave men. Especially when it comes to golak money.

Hoongah, hoongah!

lol

Edited by dalsingh101

Firstly, it should be pointed out that this fight has nothing to do with Dasam Granth or any other Gurmat based issue. This is a conflict between two rival committees for the control of the Gurdwara.

It is not only wrong to fight in the Hazuri of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, but it is also wrong for a Sikh to raise his hand against another Sikh.

I personally know of a few of the people involved and I can confidently say that non of them are kattar-panthis if by kattarpanthis-Sharia you mean someone who is strict in rehet (nitnemi, amritvela etc). Unfortunately, in such fights these Singhs forget what Dastar and Kesh mean when they start to pull each others Dastars and beards. These people are purely politicians in disguise.

Edited by Mithar

I never mention katarpatnhis but shariavadis. These are terms which are best to label this situation. When we as collective group refuse to do anything about it (ie- condemn them) and live in denial than these terms come out in frustration. I know lot of youths are turned off by this. Elitist group who think they are above have no place in society or in our culture. They should be condemn at highest level not because its politically correct to do so but its righteous to do.

And we have the audacity to call people of other faiths uncivilised... pathetic.

Meh. We still have some way to go before we start blowing ourselves up in a gurdwara and killing innocent worshippers.

Anyway, it's a pretty disgusting act.

It's clear that the financial incentives of running a gurdwara have to be removed so that the only ones who will do it are those who do it out of a desire for seva.

K.

Edited by Kaljug

Meh. We still have some way to go before we start blowing ourselves up in a gurdwara and killing innocent worshippers.

K.

Singh, give it +100 years. Give our sikh population get to 300 million mark. Then one can see, there is no religion for fanaticism. It's human avgun just like choori, dhuka, irkha. Fanaticism is global problem. If we refuse to do any house cleaning, just give it +100 years and let our population grow, you will see we be just like sulleh(sunnis and shia) killing each other for difference of opinions. Stabbing/beating someone with machetes(hathora) already have an killing intent as serious as 2nd degree murder. I don't know what else will it take us to get up do some house cleaning? bodies in body bag?.

Singh, give it +100 years. Give our sikh population get to 300 million mark. Then one can see, there is no religion for fanaticism. It's human avgun just like choori, dhuka, irkha. Fanaticism is global problem. If we refuse to do any house cleaning, just give it +100 years and let our population grow, you will see we be just like sulleh(sunnis and shia) killing each other for difference of opinions. Stabbing/beating someone with machetes(hathora) already have an killing intent as serious as 2nd degree murder. I don't know what else will it take us to get up do some house cleaning? bodies in body bag?.

Aight. See you here in 100+ years. :-D You owe me some gulab jaman if you are wrong (and I think you are).

We've already been around for a good 500 years, Singh. We've got a lot of catching up to do if we are going to compete with the Abrahamic religions for greatest number of murders in the name of God. They were far ahead of us at the 500 year mark.

I don't believe there is anything in Sri Guru Granth Sahib or Sri Dasam Granth like the kind of hate espoused in the Old Testament and the Quran.

But this is another topic for another day. Right now I'm going to enjoy the beautiful weather and try to take over the world.

Also, Amardeep, I disagree. There is going to be chaos and violence as long as Gurughar is treated like a profit-making business and not as a house of worship for the devoted. When the next generation take over, they are just going to fight about other issues, but at the end of the day it will still be about the money.

Toodlypips chaps,

K.

Kalyug veer,

We probably won't be alive to see this. I really hope our childrens or grand children don't see this either. In fact, i really hope i m wrong in this. But as i said, fanaticism has nothing to do with our religion, its a human trait. Speaking in context in sikhi, as sant jagjit singh ji says: its bound to happen when we start feeding amrit to snakes(malechas). Think about it, more emphasis are being put just takin amrit but no emphasis are given - how to prepare yourself to take amrit? Like amount of seva, simran ahead of time etc. In puratan times it used to be opposite. Bhai fauja singh shaheed had to prove himself to panj pyares by putting his life on railway track that he is worthy of amrit.

Now days its opposite, this kind of leniency in the panth have led gondai's/ mobs, criminals, fanatics get initiated in the dharam just so they can hide their avguns behind dharam and use dharam (emotional speeches, getting into commites) to gain more power. They are dalal(pimps) who like to use dharam as prostitution to gain more power to themselves.

Kalyug veer,

We probably won't be alive to see this.

Don't be so pessimistic! :P I intend to live until at least a thousand, and for this one time only offer I will sell you this Taoist pill of Immortality (that looks a little an aspirin) for the small fee of £1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.99.

In fact, i really hope i m wrong in this. But as i said, fanaticism has nothing to do with our religion, its a human trait. Speaking in context in sikhi, as sant jagjit singh ji says: its bound to happen when we start feeding amrit to snakes(malechas). Think about it, more emphasis are being put just takin amrit but no emphasis are given - how to prepare yourself to take amrit? Like amount of seva, simran ahead of time etc. In puratan times it used to be opposite. Bhai fauja singh shaheed had to prove himself to panj pyares by putting his life on railway track that he is worthy of amrit.

Now days its opposite, this kind of leniency in the panth have led gondai's/ mobs, criminals, fanatics get initiated in the dharam just so they can hide their avguns behind dharam and use dharam (emotional speeches, getting into commites) to gain more power. They are dalal(pimps) who like to use dharam as prostitution to gain more power to themselves.

I agree that this is the ideal way to administer amrit (only to those who are worthy), but this also makes our very small numbers even smaller. Spiritually this may be excellent, but politically it is suicide - and I believe Sikhi has to exist as a political entity both to influence the rest of the world and to represent the Sikh Panth against those who do not understand us, those who would seek to destroy us, and those who wish to enforce their culture and social mores on us (miri piri and so on).

I don't know what the solution is. Perhaps to be more inclusive and include sehajdharis, udasis, nihangs and nirmalay as different members of the same family, but to promote the ideal of Amritdhari rehatvaan Gursikhs as an ideal?

K.

I don't know what the solution is. Perhaps to be more inclusive and include sehajdharis, udasis, nihangs and nirmalay as different members of the same family, but to promote the ideal of Amritdhari rehatvaan Gursikhs as an ideal?

Thats is an excellent idea. Only now if we can implement it. Well it was like that before singh sabha destroyed it in intention of reforming the panth.

Thats is an excellent idea. Only now if we can implement it. Well it was like that before singh sabha destroyed it in intention of reforming the panth.

LOL, let's not have another Singh Sabha discussion on this forum. The last one was ugly enough.

Let's just say that Singh Sabha accomplished some great things but, in some instances, they may have thrown the baby out with the bath water.

I think what is most important for this generation of Gursikhs is to promote the idea of unity within the greater Sikh Panth, to accept that some groups may choose to focus on very different aspects of Sikhi, and to respect the differences as long as they do not contradict Sikh doctrine.

The approach should be to try to understand differences, to foster healthy debate, and to encourage understanding on both sides, rather than to blow shit up - mostly because blowing shit up usually ends up with everyone involved (and innocent bystanders) covered in shit.

However, Sikhs should never become so weak that they do not rise to challenges by bemukhs and naastiks like the anti-Dasam Granth brigade, especially when they are clearly at odds with Sikh History and traditional teachings.