WJKK WJKF

Dear respected Satsangat ji, i would like to ask if we as Sikhs are solely meant to simar Gurmantar Wahiguru as Naam abyaas during the day/night or if we can simar Bij mantar IK Oankar, say during formal sitting simran/meditation, and jap Gurmantar during rest of day.

I am aware of the Mulmantar being a form of Naam abyaas but i am unsure of the Bijmantar simran for practice or sadhana. Please help clarify.

All guru ghar mantars are parvan. There is no set mantars that will give you bhramgyan and other will not. No such concept like that in our gurughar. Yes some gurughar mantar helps more with surti/birthi. But at the end, all are capable to join our surti with akaal purkh.

Any mantar which signifies- nirgun or nirgun and sargun form of vahiguroo has ablity to take this jev to kaival mukhti/bhramgyan. As there are different levels of mukhti. You can search archives under meditation section for more information with keyword- mukhti.

I think it's in Giani Thakur Singh's Japji Sahib katha that he advises against the jaap of only "Ongkar" as it's too powerful for the body/mind to tolerate. According to him one person actually died because when he got darhsan with that jaap only. He advised always reciting something else after "Ongkar...". i.e. either complete the mool mantar or other tuks.

Sant Baba Nahar Singh (Sunheran/Nanksar Wale) used to incourage the jaap "Ik Ongkar Waheguru"

If you recite the Ongkar jaap with the inhalling of the breath you can easily see how it draws your breath upwards towards the trikuti (3rd eye) and above.

Edited by Sat1176

All guru ghar mantars are parvan. There is no set mantars that will give you bhramgyan and other will not. No such concept like that in our gurughar. Yes some gurughar mantar helps more with surti/birthi. But at the end, all are capable to join our surti with akaal purkh.

Any mantar which signifies- nirgun or nirgun and sargun form of vahiguroo has ablity to take this jev to kaival mukhti/bhramgyan. As there are different levels of mukhti. You can search archives under meditation section for more information with keyword- mukhti.

Totally accept and never questioned the validity/status/power of Gurughar mantars, just trying to clarify the abyaas or sadhana on a nitnem basis of the Bijmantar alone, from listening to gyani Thakur Singh katha Jap ji Sahib.