Sarbat Da Bhalaa

Prabhjot Singh

Wjkk wjkf Sangat Jee,

I recently saw this beautiful movie called 'Into great Silence':

Into Great Silence (Die Große Stille) is a documentary film directed by Philip Gröning that was first released in 2005. It is an intimate portrayal of the everyday lives of Carthusian monks of the Grande Chartreuse, high in a remote corner of the French Alps (Chartreuse Mountains). The film was made 16 years after the director first requested permission to make it. He lived at the monastery for six months, and filmed all alone; behind the walls no "outsider" had ever before been allowed to enter.

200px-Into_great_silence_ver2.jpg

I am in no way supporting the monastic lifestyle but the fascinating and perhaps more importantly inspiring aspect is these monks spend almost all their time praying (about 20+ hours everyday), but here's the interesting bit - They are not praying for themselves! They are praying for the Chardi Kaalaa of the whole world!! If only we Sikhs can also learn to be a little less selfish, with Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Sri Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Mahraj Ji as your eternal guide, this world could be a much better place to live for EVERYONE, you me, hindus, christians, atheists,... everyone! For everyone is Waheguru! Tuhi Tuhi Tuhi Tuhi!!

Please do watch the movie if you can get your hands on it! Its.. poetry in motion...

PS: Theres hardly any dialogues in the movie, except for a little chat with a blind monk near the end, its something that will last with me for a long, long time to come. Here are some screenshots of that monologue:

vlcsnap2114904.jpg

46712033.jpg

54481917.jpg

40762115.jpg

72558539.jpg

19981793.jpg

vlcsnap2115585.jpg

78632170.jpg

32852282.jpg